Serious Persecution of Christians

As we see Muslims being persecuted or killed across the world, I often wonder about the persecution and murder of our Christian brothers and sisters in places like Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Nepal, India, China, North Korea, Nigeria and many other areas. Yes there are even Arab Christians in the Palestinian territories who don't find it easy because of the Arab-Israeli conflicts.

A lot of aid is being sent out too often to Muslims, who is helping our brothers and sisters in Christianity? many of the churches cannot afford to send out aid alone and many charities and governments are hardly interested in helping. There has to be some sort of programme that will help evacuate and help those who are in danger and find them safety.

Some of the oldest communities dating back to Jesus or earlier are being ruined because of terrorism, we need to sort this out and work together.

I would be interested in hearing what people on this forum has to say about it.

Abu Juwairiya

As we see Muslims being persecuted or killed across the world, I often wonder about the persecution and murder of our Christian brothers and sisters in places like Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Nepal, India, China, North Korea, Nigeria and many other areas. Yes there are even Arab Christians in the Palestinian territories who don't find it easy because of the Arab-Israeli conflicts.

A lot of aid is being sent out too often to Muslims, who is helping our brothers and sisters in Christianity? many of the churches cannot afford to send out aid alone and many charities and governments are hardly interested in helping. There has to be some sort of programme that will help evacuate and help those who are in danger and find them safety.

Some of the oldest communities dating back to Jesus or earlier are being ruined because of terrorism, we need to sort this out and work together.

I would be interested in hearing what people on this forum has to say about it.

Assalammu Alaikum Brother.

It has been suggested that the closest of those nearest to the original teachings of the first followers of the Messiah are the Arab minorities in Muslim lands and in the occupied territories with the exception of the Copts in Egypt. They still adhere to the divine laws in the old testament such as no drinking of wine, no eating of swine and observe fasting during Easter while western ones celebrate it with pagan rituals such as Easter eggs.

That being said, there has been a rise in violence and deliberate target killings against Muslims and to some extent on various Christian minorities in Asia and Africa since 2001. Prominent examples among the Christians have included Sri Lanka, India and C.A.R to name a few. The list against Muslims is endless and is likely to soon rise as the pillage of Muslim blood, the ease of slander and slurs against Islam is accelerating fast and there are few safeguards to protect Muslims worldwide even where we are the majority.

Until the recent acts of terrorism against Christians in Sri Lanka (which was not carried out by Muslims, but we will always get the blame), Muslims had a respectful relationship with Christians. It is possible the attacks were carried out to first separate and alienate the two communities from each other, cause a rift and long lasting distance between them and allow authorities to curb Islamic activities and actions that make us closer to Allah.

Assalammu Alaikum Brother.

It has been suggested that the closest of those nearest to the original teachings of the first followers of the Messiah are the Arab minorities in Muslim lands and in the occupied territories with the exception of the Copts in Egypt. They still adhere to the divine laws in the old testament such as no drinking of wine, no eating of swine and observe fasting during Easter while western ones celebrate it with pagan rituals such as Easter eggs.

That being said, there has been a rise in violence and deliberate target killings against Muslims and to some extent on various Christian minorities in Asia and Africa since 2001. Prominent examples among the Christians have included Sri Lanka, India and C.A.R to name a few. The list against Muslims is endless and is likely to soon rise as the pillage of Muslim blood, the ease of slander and slurs against Islam is accelerating fast and there are few safeguards to protect Muslims worldwide even where we are the majority.

Until the recent acts of terrorism against Christians in Sri Lanka (which was not carried out by Muslims, but we will always get the blame), Muslims had a respectful relationship with Christians. It is possible the attacks were carried out to first separate and alienate the two communities from each other, cause a rift and long lasting distance between them and allow authorities to curb Islamic activities and actions that make us closer to Allah.

I wasn't talking about the teachings or what holidays anybody celebrates. What matters is the lives on innocent people from all backgrounds and faiths who are being attacked by radicals. We see them in Buddhism, Islam, Atheism, Christianity, Judaism and even a handful of Hindus.

Extremism is a problem and has been a problem for many years. Christians are some of the most hated people in the world along with Muslims and Jews. It is true, those who live by the sword will die by the sword. Many people who use religious scripture for this have suffered this fate.

Muslims do care about Christians, I would like to see communities and governments across the world with Islamic and Christians work together and help each other. We also do live in a society where many people think buying their next beers is more important than helping somebody which is sad.

Abu Juwairiya

I agree. However, the current state of the world today will not allow close co operation, sincere friendship and cohesion of values to be shared between communities- division, vilification and hostility sells, more so than peace. Extremism is not restricted to individuals, organisations and groups. You will find that the greatest perpetrators of bloodshed, human rights abuses and even genocide for example have been recorded to stem from governments and I am not referring to Muslim countries.

When I was at university (I was taught in the UK), our lecturers told us western countries are responsible for the single largest amount of division, organised violence, atrocities and I will add 'Terrorism' on the planet since the 1800s. It is their interests to ensure religions do not get on, to encourage different ethnic groups to aspire for independence and start guerrilla campaigns that lead to armed revolutions and civil wars and for corrupt developing world nations to stay in power so that western countries benefit from friendly tyrants that do their bidding.

So my point is in reality, peace will not happen, especially among religions, only further suspicion, distrust and organised bloodshed against different religious communities to further create hostility and even more resentment. The status quo must remain the same- at least as long as western countries are in charge.

I agree. However, the current state of the world today will not allow close co operation, sincere friendship and cohesion of values to be shared between communities- division, vilification and hostility sells, more so than peace. Extremism is not restricted to individuals, organisations and groups. You will find that the greatest perpetrators of bloodshed, human rights abuses and even genocide for example have been recorded to stem from governments and I am not referring to Muslim countries.

When I was at university (I was taught in the UK), our lecturers told us western countries are responsible for the single largest amount of division, organised violence, atrocities and I will add 'Terrorism' on the planet since the 1800s. It is their interests to ensure religions do not get on, to encourage different ethnic groups to aspire for independence and start guerrilla campaigns that lead to armed revolutions and civil wars and for corrupt developing world nations to stay in power so that western countries benefit from friendly tyrants that do their bidding.

So my point is in reality, peace will not happen, especially among religions, only further suspicion, distrust and organised bloodshed against different religious communities to further create hostility and even more resentment. The status quo must remain the same- at least as long as western countries are in charge.

I don't go with what a lecturer or the media says. A lot of them talk nonsense and they are not accurate we can't just blame western leaders and the media. we also have to look at Saudi leaders, Iranian leaders etc.

many of them use wealth and religion then mix it with politics. look at the Vatican, there are a lot of paedophiles who are disguised as religious and godly people. Atheism also is responsible aswell for persecution.