Learn About Allah, The One and Only God, The Creator and Sustainer of the universe.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
parlakyildizlar.gif

Allah: الله Allah is the proper name in Arabic for The One and Only God, The Creator and Sustainer of the universe. It is used by the Arab Christians and Jews for the God (Eloh-im in Hebrew; 'Allaha' in Aramaic, the mother tongue of Jesus, pbuh). The word Allah does not have a plural or gender. Allah does not have any associate or partner, and He does not beget nor was He begotten.​

The Name Allah was not chosen by man but was revealed and referred to by all the Prophets (peace be on them). Allah was the God worshipped by Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham and all the other Prophets sent by him.​

The name “Allah” consists of two parts, “Al” which is the definitive article in Arabic and “ilah” which means an object to which subservience, love, reverence, and obedience is shown. Being a combination of these two parts, “Allah” signifies the one and only God, the one whom absolute love, reverence and obedience is shown.​

One misconception is that Allah is a new or different deity than that mentioned in the Bible or Torah. However, Arab Christians use this word too, and instead of the English word "God" it is Allah which is used in their bible, prayers and daily rituals. In fact, if they did not know English, they would not know who or what a "God" in the English sense was, as they are accustomed to the use of “Allah”. Nor do they use the word "Jesus", but the same word in Arabic for Jesus which is Isa.​

However, the Arab Christians share the same belief about God as other Christians around the world, i.e. that Jesus was his son and the incorrect belief in the Trinity. These beliefs are contrary to those of Islam. As Muslims, we believe that these beliefs are not what Jesus or Gods message in the Bible were intended to be. Allah is the same God that Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus worshipped. Furthermore, Islam was the exact same message that was followed and taught by all the Prophets. And they are far from the erroneous and fabricated claims that the Christians and Jews make about them.​

{No son (or offspring or children) did Allâh beget, nor is there any ilâh (god) along with Him; (if there had been many gods), behold, each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have tried to overcome others! Glorified be Allâh above all that they attribute to Him!} [Quran, 23:91]​
parlakyildizlar.gif

He is Allaah
[img=right]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/Allah.gif[/img]
The First: Nothing is before Him.
The Last: Nothing is After Him.
The Most High: Nothing is Above Him.
The Most Near: Nothing is beyond His Reach.
He Begets Not, Nor was He Begotten.
The Creator, Provider, and All-Rich.
The All-Seer, The All-Knower.
He is One and Self-Sufficient.
He is not Nature, or any part of it.
He ascended above His Throne, High above the Seven Skies.
No Vision can encompass Him, but
His Grasp is over all vision...

Who is Allah?

[ Say: "He is Allaah, {the} One. "Allaah
us-Samad {self-Sufficient}. "He begets not, nor was He begotten; "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."] Soorat Al Ikhlaas {112:1-4}

[ Allaah is He Who has created the heavens and the earth and sends down water from the sky, and thereby brought forth fruits as provision for you; and He has made the ships to be of service to you, that they may sail through the sea by His Command; and He has made rivers {also} to be of service to you.] Soorat Ibraheem {14:32}

[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/flowers.jpg[/img]
[ And it is He Who spread out the earth, and placed therein firm mountains and rivers and of every kind of fruits He made Zawjain Ithnain {two in pairs - may mean two kinds or it may mean: of two sorts, e.g. black and white, sweet and sour, small and big, etc.} He brings the night as a cover over the day. Verily, in these things, there are aayaat {proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, revelation, etc.} for people who reflect.] Soorat Ar Ra'd {13:3}

[ Allaah is He Who created you, then provided food for you, then will cause you to die, then {again} He will give you life. Is there any of your {so-called} partners {of Allaah} that do anything of that? Glory be to Him! And Exalted be He above all that {evil} they associate {with Him}.] Soorat Ar Ruum {30:40}

[ And He has made the sun and the moon, both constantly pursuing their courses, to be of service to you; and He has made the night and the day, to be of service to you.] Soorat Ibraheem {14:33}

[ And He gave you of all that you asked for, and if you count the Blessings of Allaah, never will you be able to count them. Verily! Man is indeed an extreme wrong-doer, - a disbeliever {an extreme ingrate, denies Allaah's Blessings by disbelief, and by worshipping others besides Allaah, and by disobeying Allaah and His Prophet Muhammad :saw:}.] Soorat Ibraheem {14:34}

[ See they not that Allaah, Who created the heavens and the earth, is Able to
create the like of them. And He has decreed for them an appointed term, whereof
there is not doubt. But the Dhalimeen {polytheists, oppressors, unjust, and
wrong-doers, etc.} refuse {the truth the Message of Islamic Monotheism, and
accept nothing} but disbelief.] Soorat Al Israa {17:99}

[ Your Ilah {God} is only Allaah, the One. He has full knowledge of all things.]
Soorat Ta Ha {20:98}

[ Allaah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as {if there were} a niche and within it a lamp, the lamp is in glass, the glass as it were a brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the East {i.e. neither it gets sun-rays only in the morning} nor of the West {i.e. nor it gets sunrays only in the afternoon, but it is exposed to the sun all day long}, whose oil would almost glow forth {of itself}, though no fire touched it. Light upon Light! Allaah guides to His Light whom He wills. And Allaah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allaah is All-Knower of everything.] Soorat An Nuur {24:35}
[img=right]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/clouds.jpg[/img]
[ Allaah is He Who sends the winds, so they raise clouds, and spread them along the sky as He wills, and then break them into fragments, until you see rain drops come forth from their midst! Then when He has made them fall on whom of His slaves as He will, lo! they rejoice!] Soorat Ar Ruum {30:48}

[ Allaah is He Who created you in {a state of} weakness, then gave you strength after weakness, then after strength gave {you} weakness and grey hair. He creates what He wills. And it is He Who is the All-Knowing, the All-Powerful {i.e. Able to do all things}.] Soorat Ar Ruum {30:54}

[ Allaah it is He Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them in six Days. Then He Istawa {rose over} the Throne {in a manner that suits His Majesty}. You {mankind} have none, besides Him, as a Wali or an intercessor. Will you not then remember {or be admonished}?] Soorat As Sajdah
{32:4}

[ Allaah, it is He Who has made the night for you that you may rest therein and the day for you to see. Truly, Allaah is full of Bounty to mankind, yet most of mankind give no thanks.] Soorat Ghaafir {40:61}
[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/sea_waves.jpg[/img]
[ Allaah, it is He Who has made for you the earth as a dwelling place and the sky
as a canopy, and has given you shape and made your shapes good {looking} and
has provided you with good things. That is Allaah, your Lord, then blessed be
Allaah, the Lord of the 'alameen {mankind and jinns}.] Soorat Ghaafir {40:64}
[ Allaah it is He Who has subjected to you the sea, that ships may sail through it
by His Command, and that you may seek of His Bounty, and that you may be
thankful,] Soorat Al Jaathiya {45:12}

[ And has subjected to you all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth; it
is all as a favour and kindness from Him. Verily, in it are signs for a people who
think deeply.] Soorat Al Jaathiya {45:13}

[ Do they not see that Allaah, Who created the heavens and the earth, and was
not wearied by their creation, is Able to give life to the dead? Yes, He surely is
Able to do all things.] Soorat Al Ahqaaf {46:33}

[ He is Allaah, than Whom there is
laa ilaaha illa huwa {none deserves to be
worshiped but He} the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen {open}. He is the
Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.] Soorat Al Hashr {59:22}

[ He is Allaah than Whom there is laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be
worshiped but He} the King, the Holy, the One Free from all defects, the Giver of
security, the Watcher over His creatures, the All-Mighty, the Compeller, the
Supreme. Glory be to Allaah! {High is He} above all that they associate as
partners with Him.] Soorat Al Hashr {59:23}

[ He is Allaah, the Creator, the Inventor of all things, the Bestower of forms. To
Him belong the Best Names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him.
And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.] Soorat Al Hashr {59:24}

[ It is Allaah Who has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof {i.e.
seven}. His Command descends between them {heavens and earth}, that you may

know that Allaah has power over all things, and that Allaah surrounds

{comprehends} all things in {His} Knowledge.] Soorat At Talaaq {65:12}

[ Allaah! Laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be worshiped but He}, the Ever
Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber, nor

sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is
on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He
knows what happens to them {His creatures} in this world, and what will happen
to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His
Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and
the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is
the Most High, the Most Great.] Soorat Al Baqarah {2:255}

[ Truly, nothing is hidden from Allaah, in the earth or in the heavens.
He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He pleases. Laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves
to be worshiped but He}, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.] Soorat Aal 'Imraan {3:5-6}

[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/red_clouds.jpg[/img]​

[ Allaah! laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be worshiped but He}. Surely, He will gather you
together on the Day of Resurrection about which there is no doubt. And who is truer in statement than Allaah?] Soorat An Nisa{4:87}

[ Allaah! laa ilaaha illa Huwa! {none deserves to be worshiped but He} To Him belong the Best Names.] Soorat Ta Ha {20:8}

[ "Verily! I am Allaah! laa ilaaha illa Ana {none deserves to be worshiped but
Me}, so worship Me, and perform As-Salat for My Remembrance]

Soorat Ta Ha {20:14}

[ And He is Allaah; laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be worshiped but He}.

His is all praise, in the first {i.e. in this world} and in the last {i.e.in the
Hereafter}. And for Him is the Decision, and to Him shall you {all} be returned.]

Soorat Al Qasas {28:70}

[ "But as for my part {I believe} that He is Allaah, my Lord and none shall I

associate as partner with my Lord. It was better for you to say, when you entered

your garden: "That which Allaah wills {will come to pass}! There is no power
but with Allaah". If you see me less than you in wealth, and children.]
Soorat Al Kahf {18:38-39}

[ Say {to these polytheists and pagans}: "Show me those whom you have joined
to Him as partners. Nay {there are not at all any partners with Him}! But He is
Allaah {Alone}, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise."] Soorat Sabaa {34:27}

[ He has created the heavens and the earth with truth. He makes the night to go
in the day and makes the day to go in the night. And He has subjected the sun
and the moon. Each running {on a fixed course} for an appointed term. Verily,
He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.] Soorat Az Zumar {39:5}

Your Lord is Allaah, So Worship None But Him

[img=right]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/al_aziz.jpg[/img]​

[ "Allaah, your Lord and the Lord of your forefathers."] Soorat As Saffat {37:126}

[ He created you {all} from a single person {Adam}; then made from him his wife[Hawwa {Eve}]. And He has sent down for you of cattle eight pairs {of the sheep,two, male and female; of the goats, two, male and female; of the oxen, two, male and female; and of the camels, two, male and female}. He creates you in the
wombs of your mothers, creation after creation in three veils of darkness, such is

Allaah your Lord. His is the kingdom, laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be
worshiped but He}. How then are you turned away?] Soorat Az Zumar {39:6}

[ If you disbelieve, then verily, Allaah is not in need of you, He likes not disbelief
for His slaves. And if you are grateful {by being believers}, He is pleased therewith for you. No bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, so He will inform you what you used to do. Verily, He is the All-Knower of that which is in {men's} breasts.] Soorat Az Zumar{39:7}

[ Laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be worshiped but He}. It is He Who gives life and causes death, your Lord and the Lord of your fore-fathers.] Soorat Ad Dukhaan {44:8}

[ O mankind! Worship your Lord, Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become al-Muttaqeen {pious and righteous}.] Soorat AlBaqarah {2:21}

[ And will make him {'Eesaa, Jesus} a Messenger to the Children of Israel{saying}: "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you
out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a
bird by Allaah's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I
bring the dead to life by Allaah's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and
what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.]
Soorat Aal 'Imraan {3:49}

[ O mankind! Verily, there has come to you the Messenger with the truth from your Lord, so believe in him, it is better for you. But if you disbelieve, then certainly to Allaah belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth. And Allaah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.] Soorat An Nisaa {4:170}
[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/quran123.gif[/img]

[ O mankind! Verily, there has come to you a convincing proof from your Lord, and We sent down to you a manifest light {this Quraan}. So, as for those who believed in Allaah and held fast to Him, He will admit them to His Mercy and Grace, and guide them to Himself by a Straight Path.] Soorat An Nisaa {4:174- 175}

[ Such is Allaah, your Lord! Laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be worshipped but He}, the Creator of all things. So worship Him {Alone}, and He is the Wakil {trustee, disposer of affairs, guardian, etc.} over all things.] Soorat Al An'aam {6:102}

[ No vision can grasp Him, but His Grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Subtle and Courteous, Well-Acquainted with all things.] Soorat Al An'aam {6:103}

[ Verily, proofs have come to you from your Lord, so whosoever sees, will do so for {the good of} his ownself, and whosoever blinds himself, will do so to his own harm, and I am not a watcher over you.] Soorat Al An'aam {6:104}

[ Say: "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to
al-Fawahish {shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse, etc.} whether committed openly or secretly, and kill not anyone whom Allaah has forbidden, except for a just cause {according to Islamic law}. This He has commanded you that you may understand.] Soorat Al An'aam {6:151}

[ "And come not near to the orphan's property, except to improve it, until he {or she} attains the age of full strength; and give full measure and full weight with justice. We burden not any person, but that which he can bear. And whenever you give your word {i.e. judge between men or give evidence, etc.}, say the truth even if a near relative is concerned, and fulfill the covenant of Allaah, This He commands you, that you may remember."] Soorat Al An'aam {6:152}

[ "And verily, this {i.e. Allaah's Commandments mentioned in the above twoverses 151 and 152} is my Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not {other} paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become al-Muttaqeen {pious and righteous}."] Soorat Al An'aam {6:153}

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2573

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam Alaykum

:hawla:

Jazakallah khair for sharing this wonderful post, may allah(swt) reward you for your hard work...ameen

The beauty in the religion of ISALM, proof of ALLAH (swt) in the qur'aan

The Qur'an does not impose faith as an unquestionable dogma; it does not force people to believe without questions. On the contrary, if the slogan in other faiths may be believe and don't think, or if you think you will disbelieve, in the Qur'an the slogan is: you only believe if you think. So to convince us that Allah (the Exalted) is our creator, the Qur'an says:

"We created you. Will you not then believe? Have you seen that which you emit? Is it you who Create it or are we the creator? We destined death among you, and we are not to be outrun, that we may transfigure you and make you what you know not. And you already knew the first creation. Why then don't you reflect? Have you seen that which you plough? Is it you who foster it or are we the fosterer? If we so will, we could make it chaff, then would you continue to exclaim: we are laden with debt! Nay we are deprived!"

"Have you observed water that you drink? Is it you who shed it from the rain-cloud or are we the shedder? If we so will we could make it bitter, why then don't you give thanks? Have you observed fire which you strike out? Was it you who created its tree, or were we the originator? We appointed it as a reminder and an enjoyment for dwellers of the wilderness. Therefore, glorify the name of your lord the tremendous." (56:57-74)

The Qur'an then compares between Allah (the Exalted) and false gods in the following words:

"Say: 'Praise be to Allah, and peace be upon his slaves whom he has chosen. Is Allah best, or all that they ascribe as partners (with him)? Isn't he the best who created the heavens and the earth and sends down for you water from the sky wherewith we cause to grow joyous gardens, whose trees you can never cause to grow. Is there any god beside Allah?'

Nay, but they are people who ascribe equals (to Allah). Is not he (best) who made the earth an established abode, and placed rivers across its folds, and made firm mountains for it and has set a barrier between the two seas? Is there any god beside Allah? Nay, but most of them know not. Is not he (best) who answers the oppressed one when he cries unto him, and removes evil and makes you viceroys of the earth? Is there any god beside Allah? Little do they reflect."

"Is not he (best) who guides you in the darkness of land and sea and who sends winds as heralds of his mercy? Is there any god beside Allah? Exalted be Allah above all they ascribe (unto him). Is not he (best) who starts creation, then reproduces it and who provides for you from heaven and earth? Is there any god beside Allah? Bring your proof if you are truthful.

Say: 'No one in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allah; and they know not when they will be resurrected." (27:59-66)

The Qur'an then uses another method of reasoning to prove that Allah (the Exalted) is the creator:

"Verily we created man from a produce of wet earth; then we made him a drop of seed in a safe Lodging; we then fashioned the drop a clot, then we fashioned the clot a chewed lump; then we fashioned the chewed lump into bones; then we clothed the bones with flesh; then we made it as another creation. So blessed be Allah the best of creators!" (23:12-14 )

Once the Qur'an establishes this basic fact of faith namely that Allah is the creator of all things, it moves one step further and states that it is Allah (the Exalted) who causes the death of his creations and it is He who will bring them back to life. In the words of the Qur'an we read:

"...then after that you will surely die. Then on the day of judgment you will be resurrected." (23:15-16 )

Thus has Allah proven that He exists and then He tells us what will happen to us. Now, who will listen?

:salam2:

Karima

Asalamualikum,

Mabsoot, this was beautiful what you posted!!!!...and also for others who contribute to the wonders of Allah's creation for us!!!!

Salam

simpson

Subhanallah. May Allah swt bless you hereafter. May Allah swt bless us all with His blessings.Subhanallah waalhamdulillah waalaailahailallah waallahuakbar.

AnAngelofWood

Thankful for my deen
Masboot and Umm Aysha, jazak Allah khair for sharing this message of who Allah is and how we may know the truth of our creator. I realized as I was reading both of your posts that this is the way I have "known" who my creator is throughout my life.

I have often been told by leaders in the christian faith in which I was raised, to just believe what they were telling me was the truth, or often I was told just to feel within myself whether what they said was true. I was not told to consider the wonder of our very creation, or the creations that sustain us in coming to know that truly Allah is the one and only God, and it is only he who is worthy of our love, praise, obedience and honor. However, I have always replied to these people that I must pray and be guided by Allah/God because he created me as he created everything in and of the earth and only He would not lead me to wrong. This way of thinking has not been well accepted by many of them.

Reading your posts, I begin now to understand why many refer to new muslims as reverts, rather than new muslims. It seems that Allah, when he created us in the womb, created within us these innate muslim values and beliefs, Masha Allah, and these values and beliefs were created within us to bring us to the truth of Islam, whether we were born into a muslim upbringing or not. Truly, Allah, laa ilaaha illa huwa.

Assaylamu Alaykum,

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Masboot and Umm Aysha, jazak Allah khair for sharing this message of who Allah is and how we may know the truth of our creator. I realized as I was reading both of your posts that this is the way I have "known" who my creator is throughout my life.

I have often been told by leaders in the christian faith in which I was raised, to just believe what they were telling me was the truth, or often I was told just to feel within myself whether what they said was true. I was not told to consider the wonder of our very creation, or the creations that sustain us in coming to know that truly Allah is the one and only God, and it is only he who is worthy of our love, praise, obedience and honor. However, I have always replied to these people that I must pray and be guided by Allah/God because he created me as he created everything in and of the earth and only He would not lead me to wrong. This way of thinking has not been well accepted by many of them.

Reading your posts, I begin now to understand why many refer to new muslims as reverts, rather than new muslims. It seems that Allah, when he created us in the womb, created within us these innate muslim values and beliefs, Masha Allah, and these values and beliefs were created within us to bring us to the truth of Islam, whether we were born into a muslim upbringing or not. Truly, Allah, laa ilaaha illa huwa.

Assaylamu Alaykum,

Wa alaykum Salam wa rahmatullah,

you are welcome dear sister. Allah help us become better and stronger Muslims amin.

Jazakillahu khayr for your comment it is also beneficial for us and others who read it inshaAllah. Yes, Allah did create us with these innate values. It is natural disposition ("Fitrah").
The Definition of Fitrah

The Laws or the sharî‘ahs, which the prophets were sent with, are guiding lights to the essential faith in Allah which is created in every human being. Furthermore, since this faith comes from Allah, it naturally follows that only laws capable of guiding man back to it must also come from Allah, hence Islam is also called dîn al-fitrah, the religion of human nature.

That every child is born in this pure state of fitrah is also supported by the following hadith concerning the polytheists:

‘It is related that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said that he saw in a vision an old man at the front of a large tree and around him were children and in the vision he was told that the old man was Ibrihim and that the children who were around him were the children who, before attaining the age of discretion, had died. At this, some Muslims had asked hum: "And the children of the polytheists too, Messenger of Allah?" The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, replied: "The children of the polytheists as well."[12]

Being with Ibrâhîm meant being in Paradise, and this includes children of polytheistic families. It is clear, from the Qur'an and from the hadith, that every child is born with a pure nature, as a Muslim. Islam recognises that all children, whether born of believing or unbelieving parents, go to Paradise if they die before attaining the age of discretion.

Imâm Nawawî defined fitrah as the unconfirmed state which exists until the individual consciously acknowledges his belief. Hence, if a child were to die before he attains discretion he would be on of the inmates of Paradise. This view applies to the children of polytheists as well, and is supported by the above-quoted hadith. The legal implication of this hadith is that all children are born pure, sinless and predisposed to belief in one God; moreover they are of the inmates of Paradise; however, if their parents are non-Muslims, the religion of their parents will be applicable to them in this world.
Here is a beautiful article about Fitrah, our Natural Disposition towards Allah.
The Definition of Fitrah

assalamu alaykum

jaferomar

:salam2::ma:

Mabsoot, this was beautiful what you posted!!!!...and also for others who contribute to the wonders of Allah's creation for us!!!!

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Wa Alaikum salaam

Yes, truly if only we as ppl or as muslims just reflect we would see that everything beautiful or "not beautiful" ( personal opinion) was created byAllah subhana wa tala.

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
:salam2: dear brother Mabsoot
jazakallahu khaiyr for the beautiful post
Mashallah May Allah swt reward you for your hard work and time
inshallah Ameen
i want that pic of the flashing Quran can i have the link
only if you give me permission
:wasalam:

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
parlakyildizlar.gif

Allah: الله Allah is the proper name in Arabic for The One and Only God, The Creator and Sustainer of the universe. It is used by the Arab Christians and Jews for the God (Eloh-im in Hebrew; 'Allaha' in Aramaic, the mother tongue of Jesus, pbuh). The word Allah does not have a plural or gender. Allah does not have any associate or partner, and He does not beget nor was He begotten.​

The Name Allah was not chosen by man but was revealed and referred to by all the Prophets (peace be on them). Allah was the God worshipped by Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham and all the other Prophets sent by him.​

The name “Allah” consists of two parts, “Al” which is the definitive article in Arabic and “ilah” which means an object to which subservience, love, reverence, and obedience is shown. Being a combination of these two parts, “Allah” signifies the one and only God, the one whom absolute love, reverence and obedience is shown.​

One misconception is that Allah is a new or different deity than that mentioned in the Bible or Torah. However, Arab Christians use this word too, and instead of the English word "God" it is Allah which is used in their bible, prayers and daily rituals. In fact, if they did not know English, they would not know who or what a "God" in the English sense was, as they are accustomed to the use of “Allah”. Nor do they use the word "Jesus", but the same word in Arabic for Jesus which is Isa.​

However, the Arab Christians share the same belief about God as other Christians around the world, i.e. that Jesus was his son and the incorrect belief in the Trinity. These beliefs are contrary to those of Islam. As Muslims, we believe that these beliefs are not what Jesus or Gods message in the Bible were intended to be. Allah is the same God that Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus worshipped. Furthermore, Islam was the exact same message that was followed and taught by all the Prophets. And they are far from the erroneous and fabricated claims that the Christians and Jews make about them.​

{No son (or offspring or children) did Allâh beget, nor is there any ilâh (god) along with Him; (if there had been many gods), behold, each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have tried to overcome others! Glorified be Allâh above all that they attribute to Him!} [Quran, 23:91]​
parlakyildizlar.gif

He is Allaah
[img=right]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/Allah.gif[/img]
The First: Nothing is before Him.
The Last: Nothing is After Him.
The Most High: Nothing is Above Him.
The Most Near: Nothing is beyond His Reach.
He Begets Not, Nor was He Begotten.
The Creator, Provider, and All-Rich.
The All-Seer, The All-Knower.
He is One and Self-Sufficient.
He is not Nature, or any part of it.
He ascended above His Throne, High above the Seven Skies.
No Vision can encompass Him, but
His Grasp is over all vision...

Who is Allah?

[ Say: "He is Allaah, {the} One. "Allaah
us-Samad {self-Sufficient}. "He begets not, nor was He begotten; "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."] Soorat Al Ikhlaas {112:1-4}

[ Allaah is He Who has created the heavens and the earth and sends down water from the sky, and thereby brought forth fruits as provision for you; and He has made the ships to be of service to you, that they may sail through the sea by His Command; and He has made rivers {also} to be of service to you.] Soorat Ibraheem {14:32}

[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/flowers.jpg[/img]
[ And it is He Who spread out the earth, and placed therein firm mountains and rivers and of every kind of fruits He made Zawjain Ithnain {two in pairs - may mean two kinds or it may mean: of two sorts, e.g. black and white, sweet and sour, small and big, etc.} He brings the night as a cover over the day. Verily, in these things, there are aayaat {proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, revelation, etc.} for people who reflect.] Soorat Ar Ra'd {13:3}

[ Allaah is He Who created you, then provided food for you, then will cause you to die, then {again} He will give you life. Is there any of your {so-called} partners {of Allaah} that do anything of that? Glory be to Him! And Exalted be He above all that {evil} they associate {with Him}.] Soorat Ar Ruum {30:40}

[ And He has made the sun and the moon, both constantly pursuing their courses, to be of service to you; and He has made the night and the day, to be of service to you.] Soorat Ibraheem {14:33}

[ And He gave you of all that you asked for, and if you count the Blessings of Allaah, never will you be able to count them. Verily! Man is indeed an extreme wrong-doer, - a disbeliever {an extreme ingrate, denies Allaah's Blessings by disbelief, and by worshipping others besides Allaah, and by disobeying Allaah and His Prophet Muhammad :saw:}.] Soorat Ibraheem {14:34}

[ See they not that Allaah, Who created the heavens and the earth, is Able to
create the like of them. And He has decreed for them an appointed term, whereof
there is not doubt. But the Dhalimeen {polytheists, oppressors, unjust, and
wrong-doers, etc.} refuse {the truth the Message of Islamic Monotheism, and
accept nothing} but disbelief.] Soorat Al Israa {17:99}

[ Your Ilah {God} is only Allaah, the One. He has full knowledge of all things.]
Soorat Ta Ha {20:98}

[ Allaah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as {if there were} a niche and within it a lamp, the lamp is in glass, the glass as it were a brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the East {i.e. neither it gets sun-rays only in the morning} nor of the West {i.e. nor it gets sunrays only in the afternoon, but it is exposed to the sun all day long}, whose oil would almost glow forth {of itself}, though no fire touched it. Light upon Light! Allaah guides to His Light whom He wills. And Allaah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allaah is All-Knower of everything.] Soorat An Nuur {24:35}
[img=right]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/clouds.jpg[/img]
[ Allaah is He Who sends the winds, so they raise clouds, and spread them along the sky as He wills, and then break them into fragments, until you see rain drops come forth from their midst! Then when He has made them fall on whom of His slaves as He will, lo! they rejoice!] Soorat Ar Ruum {30:48}

[ Allaah is He Who created you in {a state of} weakness, then gave you strength after weakness, then after strength gave {you} weakness and grey hair. He creates what He wills. And it is He Who is the All-Knowing, the All-Powerful {i.e. Able to do all things}.] Soorat Ar Ruum {30:54}

[ Allaah it is He Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them in six Days. Then He Istawa {rose over} the Throne {in a manner that suits His Majesty}. You {mankind} have none, besides Him, as a Wali or an intercessor. Will you not then remember {or be admonished}?] Soorat As Sajdah
{32:4}

[ Allaah, it is He Who has made the night for you that you may rest therein and the day for you to see. Truly, Allaah is full of Bounty to mankind, yet most of mankind give no thanks.] Soorat Ghaafir {40:61}
[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/sea_waves.jpg[/img]
[ Allaah, it is He Who has made for you the earth as a dwelling place and the sky
as a canopy, and has given you shape and made your shapes good {looking} and
has provided you with good things. That is Allaah, your Lord, then blessed be
Allaah, the Lord of the 'alameen {mankind and jinns}.] Soorat Ghaafir {40:64}
[ Allaah it is He Who has subjected to you the sea, that ships may sail through it
by His Command, and that you may seek of His Bounty, and that you may be
thankful,] Soorat Al Jaathiya {45:12}

[ And has subjected to you all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth; it
is all as a favour and kindness from Him. Verily, in it are signs for a people who
think deeply.] Soorat Al Jaathiya {45:13}

[ Do they not see that Allaah, Who created the heavens and the earth, and was
not wearied by their creation, is Able to give life to the dead? Yes, He surely is
Able to do all things.] Soorat Al Ahqaaf {46:33}

[ He is Allaah, than Whom there is
laa ilaaha illa huwa {none deserves to be
worshiped but He} the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen {open}. He is the
Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.] Soorat Al Hashr {59:22}

[ He is Allaah than Whom there is laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be
worshiped but He} the King, the Holy, the One Free from all defects, the Giver of
security, the Watcher over His creatures, the All-Mighty, the Compeller, the
Supreme. Glory be to Allaah! {High is He} above all that they associate as
partners with Him.] Soorat Al Hashr {59:23}

[ He is Allaah, the Creator, the Inventor of all things, the Bestower of forms. To
Him belong the Best Names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him.
And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.] Soorat Al Hashr {59:24}

[ It is Allaah Who has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof {i.e.
seven}. His Command descends between them {heavens and earth}, that you may

know that Allaah has power over all things, and that Allaah surrounds

{comprehends} all things in {His} Knowledge.] Soorat At Talaaq {65:12}

[ Allaah! Laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be worshiped but He}, the Ever
Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber, nor

sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is
on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He
knows what happens to them {His creatures} in this world, and what will happen
to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His
Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and
the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is
the Most High, the Most Great.] Soorat Al Baqarah {2:255}

[ Truly, nothing is hidden from Allaah, in the earth or in the heavens.
He it is Who shapes you in the wombs as He pleases. Laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves
to be worshiped but He}, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.] Soorat Aal 'Imraan {3:5-6}

[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/red_clouds.jpg[/img]​

[ Allaah! laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be worshiped but He}. Surely, He will gather you
together on the Day of Resurrection about which there is no doubt. And who is truer in statement than Allaah?] Soorat An Nisa{4:87}

[ Allaah! laa ilaaha illa Huwa! {none deserves to be worshiped but He} To Him belong the Best Names.] Soorat Ta Ha {20:8}

[ "Verily! I am Allaah! laa ilaaha illa Ana {none deserves to be worshiped but
Me}, so worship Me, and perform As-Salat for My Remembrance]

Soorat Ta Ha {20:14}

[ And He is Allaah; laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be worshiped but He}.

His is all praise, in the first {i.e. in this world} and in the last {i.e.in the
Hereafter}. And for Him is the Decision, and to Him shall you {all} be returned.]

Soorat Al Qasas {28:70}

[ "But as for my part {I believe} that He is Allaah, my Lord and none shall I

associate as partner with my Lord. It was better for you to say, when you entered

your garden: "That which Allaah wills {will come to pass}! There is no power
but with Allaah". If you see me less than you in wealth, and children.]
Soorat Al Kahf {18:38-39}

[ Say {to these polytheists and pagans}: "Show me those whom you have joined
to Him as partners. Nay {there are not at all any partners with Him}! But He is
Allaah {Alone}, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise."] Soorat Sabaa {34:27}

[ He has created the heavens and the earth with truth. He makes the night to go
in the day and makes the day to go in the night. And He has subjected the sun
and the moon. Each running {on a fixed course} for an appointed term. Verily,
He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.] Soorat Az Zumar {39:5}

Your Lord is Allaah, So Worship None But Him

[img=right]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/al_aziz.jpg[/img]​

[ "Allaah, your Lord and the Lord of your forefathers."] Soorat As Saffat {37:126}

[ He created you {all} from a single person {Adam}; then made from him his wife[Hawwa {Eve}]. And He has sent down for you of cattle eight pairs {of the sheep,two, male and female; of the goats, two, male and female; of the oxen, two, male and female; and of the camels, two, male and female}. He creates you in the
wombs of your mothers, creation after creation in three veils of darkness, such is

Allaah your Lord. His is the kingdom, laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be
worshiped but He}. How then are you turned away?] Soorat Az Zumar {39:6}

[ If you disbelieve, then verily, Allaah is not in need of you, He likes not disbelief
for His slaves. And if you are grateful {by being believers}, He is pleased therewith for you. No bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another. Then to your Lord is your return, so He will inform you what you used to do. Verily, He is the All-Knower of that which is in {men's} breasts.] Soorat Az Zumar{39:7}

[ Laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be worshiped but He}. It is He Who gives life and causes death, your Lord and the Lord of your fore-fathers.] Soorat Ad Dukhaan {44:8}

[ O mankind! Worship your Lord, Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become al-Muttaqeen {pious and righteous}.] Soorat AlBaqarah {2:21}

[ And will make him {'Eesaa, Jesus} a Messenger to the Children of Israel{saying}: "I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I design for you
out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a
bird by Allaah's Leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I
bring the dead to life by Allaah's Leave. And I inform you of what you eat, and
what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe.]
Soorat Aal 'Imraan {3:49}

[ O mankind! Verily, there has come to you the Messenger with the truth from your Lord, so believe in him, it is better for you. But if you disbelieve, then certainly to Allaah belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth. And Allaah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.] Soorat An Nisaa {4:170}
[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/quran123.gif[/img]

[ O mankind! Verily, there has come to you a convincing proof from your Lord, and We sent down to you a manifest light {this Quraan}. So, as for those who believed in Allaah and held fast to Him, He will admit them to His Mercy and Grace, and guide them to Himself by a Straight Path.] Soorat An Nisaa {4:174- 175}

[ Such is Allaah, your Lord! Laa ilaaha illa Huwa {none deserves to be worshipped but He}, the Creator of all things. So worship Him {Alone}, and He is the Wakil {trustee, disposer of affairs, guardian, etc.} over all things.] Soorat Al An'aam {6:102}

[ No vision can grasp Him, but His Grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Subtle and Courteous, Well-Acquainted with all things.] Soorat Al An'aam {6:103}

[ Verily, proofs have come to you from your Lord, so whosoever sees, will do so for {the good of} his ownself, and whosoever blinds himself, will do so to his own harm, and I am not a watcher over you.] Soorat Al An'aam {6:104}

[ Say: "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to
al-Fawahish {shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse, etc.} whether committed openly or secretly, and kill not anyone whom Allaah has forbidden, except for a just cause {according to Islamic law}. This He has commanded you that you may understand.] Soorat Al An'aam {6:151}

[ "And come not near to the orphan's property, except to improve it, until he {or she} attains the age of full strength; and give full measure and full weight with justice. We burden not any person, but that which he can bear. And whenever you give your word {i.e. judge between men or give evidence, etc.}, say the truth even if a near relative is concerned, and fulfill the covenant of Allaah, This He commands you, that you may remember."] Soorat Al An'aam {6:152}

[ "And verily, this {i.e. Allaah's Commandments mentioned in the above twoverses 151 and 152} is my Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not {other} paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become al-Muttaqeen {pious and righteous}."] Soorat Al An'aam {6:153}

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2573

salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Sometimes when i feel that something is missing from my life i come back and read this post, subhanallah it is very beautifull :SMILY252: and is a reassurance that Allah is Sufficient for us, Watcher of everything we do and Most Kind and Generous.

:salam2:

Absolute truth

لا إله إلا الله
So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators!

Such is the meaning of the Creator’s most beautiful statement. (ehsenel halikın) There is no other “best creator”, its meaning and Arabic expressions describe it like this.

God created us, enabled us, allowed us, and taught us how to make, manufacture, or construct things. Basically, He is the true and ultimate Creator.

First of all, the word “khaliq” (creator) in Arabic also means “sani” (manufacturer). So, every person who does anything, makes up anything, or manufactures anything is also called “khaliq“. When we create a car for instance, we use the metals that Allah Almighty created to create our car. So if it wasn’t for Allah Almighty’s creation of the metals, then we would not be able to create cars today.

True creation is creation of something from nothing.

Allah says to something “BE” and it is.

If we translate the word “khaliq” into English, then the only translation will be “creator”.

There is no competition whatsoever between the creation and Creator. The creation may manufacture things. We, as a part of the creation; create cars, homes, and so on. And this action and these things can also be called creation.

Yet, there is no comparison between what we created and what Allah the Almighty creates.

Moreover, Allah the Almighty says:

{Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is the Guardian and Disposer of all affairs.} (Az-Zumar 39:62)

So, when Allah the Almighty describes how He created the human being, He has proven to us how He created us because we had no idea whatsoever at the time these verses were revealed, over 1,400 years ago.

Then, He raises the question: is there anyone who is better in creation than Allah the Almighty? He is indeed the best of all creators.

Allah the Almighty reminds Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) of His favors upon him. So, every miracle that he was able to do, and when he was able to make the figure of a bird and breathe life into it, all of that was by the leave of Allah.

When Allah the Almighty says, “Blessed be Allah the Best of all creators,” it does not mean to compare between the Creator and the creation.

Rather, Allah is showing His ability and His infinite power in creation, and asking a rhetorical question, if there is anyone who can create like Him? The answer is obviously, “No”. Accordingly, He is the only one worthy of worship.

So, that is the actual meaning of the creation once it is ascribed to God: giving life, giving death, bringing up the dead. And that is why humans as creatures may be given the description or the term “khaliq” (creator) because they can make up things, also by the leave of Allah.

No one would be given this beautiful name of God but Him. This name in Arabic called “Al-Bari“. Al-Bari is the one Who creates things that did not even exist before.

In this regard, God challenged those who worship other than Him, or believe in other than Him. In addition, He challenged those who have been taken as deities besides him:

{O men! Here is a parable set forth! Listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! And if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!} (Al-Hajj 22:73)​

So, in this Ayah Allah says that no one has the power of creation by the meaning of bringing up from nothing, from non-existence, but Him. When He even allows us to make up things, to construct things, this happens only by His permission.

He is the best of all creators; and that does not at all mean to compare the creation of God and the creation of the creatures when they make up things or manufacture things.

It is worth of mentioning here that in the second chapter of the Quran, there was very important beautiful debate between Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) and a tyrant king who claimed lordship.

In that story, Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) said:

My Lord is the One Who gives life and death, the One Who creates, the One Who cause to die.

The tyrant king who claimed the lordship said:

Me too, I give life and death.

He tried to prove that by killing somebody who was innocent. Then he said:

Look, I am able to kill.

As he was a king, he ordered somebody who was sentenced to be executed, to be freed. Then he said:

Look, I give life as well.
So, in this case, Prophet Abraham challenged the tyrant king by saying:
Indeed, my Lord is the one who brings up the sun every day from the east. Can you bring it once from the west?
And the Quran concluded the story by saying:
So the disbeliever was utterly defeated.
However, one of the significant differences between man’s creations and that of God is that man can only create material things by discovering, manipulating, utilizing or imitating the already existent matter around him. While God is not only the creator of things but is also the originator of these things. Unlike man, God does not need any raw materials for creating any thing. Thus, for instance, man creates a house by utilizing the already existent material scattered in the earth, while God, on the other hand, did not require any pre-existing material to create the vast universe and whatever lies in it. This is precisely what the Qur’an has implied by the words (Al-Baqarah 2: 117):

بَدِيعُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْ‌ضِ ۖ وَإِذَا قَضَىٰ أَمْرً‌ا فَإِنَّمَا يَقُولُ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ

He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth, when He decides a matter, He only says to it: “Be’, and it happens.
Who created the mind, the eyes and the hands that put all that they deal with together? That which people make depends on many conditions, materials and assistants. Whereas God's creative act does not depend on any model, material, time, tool, aide or anything else.

https://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-about-islam/how-many-creators-are-there-part-2/
http://www.quransearch.com/quran/my_47.htm

Last edited: