Warning!!!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamualaikum warahmatullah,

Im a bit disturb when someone ask others for dua. Because the best dua in my opinion is to make dua by ur ownself, crying...pleading Allah for maybe good health, straight path...

This is exactly what some people do they ask the sheikh to make dua for them....Why?? there is no need for that when u have Allah the Most High who is able to grant anything.

I have seen this several times here . InshAllah , i hope not to see any of this....

hafz

That is true but what about these hadith

Imam al-Tirmidhi (Allah have Mercy on him) and others relate from Uthman ibn Hunaif (Allah be pleased with him):

“A blind man came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and said: “I've been afflicted in my eyesight, so pray to Allah for me". The Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Go perform ablution (Wudu), perform two rak'at Salat and then say: “O Allah! I ask you and turn to you through my Prophet Muhammad, the Prophet of Mercy. O Muhammad! I seek your intercession with my lord for the return of my eyesight, that it may be fulfilled. O Allah! Grant him intercession for me”. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) then said: “and if there is some other need, do the same”. (Recorded by Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Nasa'i, Tabrani and others, with a sound chain of narrators).

The express content of this Hadith proves the legal validity of Tawassul through a living person. It implicitly proves the validity of Tawassul through a deceased person, as Tawassul through a living or dead person is not through a physical body or through life or death, rather, through the positive meaning attached to the person in both life and death.

4) Moreover, Tabrani relates in his ' Mu'jam al-Kabir ' reporting from the same Uthman ibn Hunaif that a person repeatedly visited him concerning something he needed, but Uthman paid no attention to him. The man met his son and complained to him about the matter- this was after the death of the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) and after the caliphates of Abu Bakr and Umar (Allah be pleased with them)- so Uthman (who collected Hadith and was from the learned) said : “Go to the place of Wudu, then come to the Masjid, perform two Rak'ats and then say : “O Allah!, I ask you and turn to you through our Prophet Muhammad, the Prophet of Mercy. O Muhammad! I turn through you to my lord, that He fulfil my need”....... until the end of the Hadith.

This is an explicit and clear text from a Companion proving the legal validity of Tawassul through the dead. The Hadith has been classed as authentic (Sahih) by al-Bayhaqi, Mundhiri, al-Haythami and many others.

5) In the Hadith recorded by Imam al-Bukhari and others, the Companion Umar (Allah be pleased with him) made Tawassul through the uncle of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu), in asking Allah for rain at the time of drought.

These and many other Ahadith are clear on the permissibility and validity of Tawassul. This is the reason, why the great traditional Sunni scholars have held this belief throughout the ages. Even in the present era, most of the Muslims who belong to the Ahl Sunnah Wa al-Jama'ah in most parts of the world have this belief.
At the same time, one should be precautious in not having any wrong belief in Aqidah. There should be the conviction that Allah Almighty alone has influence over everything, outwardly and inwardly. Also, one should not have the belief that the supplication (Dua) is not accepted without Tawassul.

This is the real Tawhid.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Assalamualaikum warahmatullah,
Im a bit disturb when someone ask others for dua. Because the best dua in my opinion is to make dua by ur ownself, crying...pleading Allah for maybe good health, straight path...

This is exactly what some people do they ask the sheikh to make dua for them....Why?? there is no need for that when u have Allah the Most High who is able to grant anything.
I have seen this several times here . InshAllah , i hope not to see any of this....

Ruling on asking others to make du’aa’

Question:
What is the ruling on a Muslim asking a brother in Islam who he thinks is a good person to make du’aa’ for him when he is going for Hajj or on some other journey, and asking him to make du’aa’ for him in his absence? Because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) praised Uways and urged his Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with him) to ask him to make du’aa’ for them (the hadeeth of Uways al-Qurani was reported by Muslim, no. 2542). Did Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah regard it as makrooh to do this and say that the hadeeth applied only to Uways?
Please explain to us

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Asking a person to make du’aa’ for you who you think will have his du’aa’s answered, either because of his righteousness or because he is going to a place where one hopes his du’aa’s will be answered, such as travelling or going for Hajj or ‘Umrah, etc., is OK in principle. But if there is the fear that something that is not right may result from it, such as the person who makes the request relying on the person whom he has asked, or always relying on other people with regard to matters in which he should call on his Lord, or there is the fear that the person of whom the request is made may become arrogant and think that he has reached such a level that people ask him to make du’aa’ for them, then this is sufficient reason not to do this, because in this case it leads to something that is not right. If it does not lead to something that is not right, then in principle it is permissible, but still we say that it should not be done, because it was not the custom of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) to ask one another to make du’aa’ for one another. The hadeeth in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is reported to have said to ‘Umar, “Do not forget us in your du’aa’, O my brother” (reported by Abu Dawood, no. 1498, and al-Tirmidhi, no. 3557) is a weak hadeeth and there is no proof that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said this.

With regard to the fact that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to make du’aa’ for them, it is well-known that no one else can reach the level of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so when ‘Ukaashah ibn Muhsan asked him to pray that he would be one of those who would enter Paradise without being called to account or being punished, he said, “You will be one of them” (reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 6541; Muslim, no. 216, 218, 220), and when another man came and asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to ask Allaah to send them rain, he did so (reported by al-Bukhaari, no. 1013; Muslim, 897).

With regard to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) advising his companions to ask Uways al-Qurani to make du’aa’ for them, this undoubtedly applied only in his case, and it is known that Uways was not on the same level as Abu Bakr or ‘Umar or ‘Uthmaan or ‘Ali, or other Sahaabah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not tell anyone among his Sahaabah to ask anyone to make du’aa’ for them.

To sum up, we can say: there is no sin in asking someone to make du’aa’ for you that you hope will have his du’aa’ answered, on the condition that this does not involve anything that is wrong, but it is better and more appropriate not to do this.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
That is true but what about these hadith

Imam al-Tirmidhi (Allah have Mercy on him) and others relate from Uthman ibn Hunaif (Allah be pleased with him):

This is the real Tawhid.

Question:
I have been discussing the subject of using "waseela" while supplicating to Allah (swt) with some Muslims, and have come to know that there are quite different opinions about fact whether the use of "waseela" in duaa is halaal or haraam. Could you please provide me with some information about this subject, some ayaat from the Holy Qur'an or authentic ahaadeeth? With the term "use of waseela" I mean asking via the agency of someone, fx "I ask You (O Allah) to grant me forgiveness via the agency of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him and his household)" or via the agency of other Prophets (Peace be upon them), saints or other pious Muslims.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

What is meant by tawassul and waseelah is four things:

the kind of tawassul without which faith cannot be complete, which is seeking to reach Allaah (tawassul) by believing in Him and His Messengers, and obeying Him and His Messenger, This is what is meant in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Do your duty to Allaah and fear Him. Seek the means of approach to Him…”

[al-Maa’idah 5:35]

This includes seeking to approach Allaah through His Names and Attributes, or by doing acts of obedience and worship by which one seeks to approach Allaah, and so on.

Seeking to approach Allaah by asking His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to make du’a’ for one during his lifetime, and the believers asking one another to make du’aa’ for one another. This follows on from the first type and is encouraged.

Seeking to approach Allaah by virtue of the status and virtues of some created being, such as saying, “O Allaah, I ask You by virtue of Your Prophet” and so on. This is allowed by some of the ‘ulama’, but this opinion is da’eef (weak). The correct view is that it is definitely haraam, because there can be no tawassul in du’aa’ except by virtue of the Names and Attributes of Allaah.

Tawassul as it is understood by many of the Muslims of later times, which is calling on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and seeking his help (or seeking the help of the dead and so-called awliya’). This is a form of major shirk, because calling on or seeking help from anyone other than Allaah with regard to something that that only Allaah is able to do is a kind of worship, and directing worship to anyone or anything other than Allaah is major shirk. And Allaah knows best.

for more info about Tawasul visit
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?pg=rslt&txt=tawassul&st=2&fld=5&pglist=0&ln=eng
Souce Islam Q A

one more thing the incident you mentioned about Umar bin Khatabb R.A asking the uncle of the prophet peace be up on him to make duaa I think it was when he was a live (the uncle), Umar bin Khatab never asked through dead people.

wa Allah A3lem