procrastination

halah

Asslamu alaikum
Please, does any body know an effective remedy for procrastination?
wajazak allah khaira

samiha

---------
Staff member
Asslamu alaikum
Please, does any body know an effective remedy for procrastination?
wajazak allah khaira

wa alaykum salam.

if there could be a pill or something that could stop this, the person would be a millionaire...lol...

i have the same problem, so I can't be of much help. Sorry :redface:

every effective remedy has to come from the person. the person has to be willing to do something right then and there, not later. but it's the convincing of the self to accept this new theory which is hard :D

:wasalam:

:salam2: It is among the ways that Satan hinders the human from doing some actions. He also whispers into the human a love for laziness, postponing or procrastinating actions and thinking about what a long period of time one has for such and such action or work.
It is necessary for the energetic person to take matters into his own hand and act upon his energy. The energetic finds the time to do things and does not procrastinate and he turns away from just dreaming. The one who has a real fear of Allah does not feel safe of punishment. The soul never stops in its dispute about evil and facing the good. But it always expects that it will have plenty of time to complete the good. One of the early scholars said, "Beware of procrastinating. It is the greatest of the soldiers of Satan." The serious, non-procrastinating person and the one who rests on his hopes and puts off working are like two who are passing through a city while journeying. The serious, energetic one buys his provisions early and waits for his traveling out of the city. The procrastinator says, "I will wait, as perhaps we will stay here a month," and continues to put off buying his provisions and preparing for his departure, until the last minute wherein he becomes rushed and mistake prone. This is how people are in this world. Some of them are prepared and alert. When the angel of death comes, he is not sorrowful. Others are deceived by thinking they can procrastinate and they will despair when the time to move on comes. It is part of one’s nature to love laziness and dreams but then Iblees comes and builds upon that. This makes it difficult to struggle against him in that matter. But the one who is alert knows that he is in the middle of a battle. He knows that his enemy does not rest. And if it seems that he is resting, it is actually just part of his strategy…

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

Remember this,
"Every second that passes by brings you closer to DEATH!!!!"
So hurry up and do what you gotta do before you die! :biggrin:

wasalam​

halah

Asslamu alaikum
I really don't know if their's such duaa or not ,may be somebody knows and tell us:salam2:

:salam2: I feel salah and asking Allah to help you and protect you from shaytaan is the only way.
O' my Master! Remove the adoration of worldliness from my heart, And
unite me with Mustafa (Muhammad: the chosen messenger) and his family,
the dearest of Your creatures and the last of the prophets, Muhammad,
Peace from Allah upon him and his family, And transfer me to the level
of repentance to You, And help me to cry for myself for I have wasted my
life away with procrastination and false hopes, And now I have come to
You hopeless of my goodness, Who is more worse off than me, if now I am
passed on in my present state to a grave that I have not prepared for my
repose and I did not line with good deeds for my drowse, And why would I
not weep for I have no knowledge of my fate and I observe my self
deceiving itself, and my days are fading away, and the wings of death
have flapped close by, So why wouldn't I cry! I cry for surrendering my
life, I cry because of the darkness of my grave, I cry because of the
narrowness of my hole ( Lahad), I cry for the questioning of Munkar and
Nakeer of me (the names of the two angels that question the dead after
being laid in the graves), I cry from my leaving my grave (in the
hereafter) naked, humiliated and carrying my book ( of deeds) on my
back, I look to the right once and to the left once and I discover that
people today have other concern than mine, for every person that day has
a concern of his own, some faces today are bright, laughing and joyful,
while other faces that day are dusty, loaded with submission and humility.

MAKE DUA < DO YOUR BEST AND LEAVE THE REST TO ALLAH

visionusman

being content
The remedy for laziness is:

La Illaha Illalahu Wahda Hoo La Shareeka Lahu
Lahul Mulkoo Wala hul Hamdu
Wahuwa Alla Qullee Shayun Qadeer

Try Reciting this each time u feel lazy and also ten times after Fajr and ten times after Maghrib. InshAllah it will help.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I who will do everything but what I need to be doing have realized this:

Say bismillah and get off your bottoms..

halah

Asslamu alaikum
first of all I'd like to thank Basicofislam Idon't know a sister or a brother ,iI'm really touched by the invocations,mayAllah reward you.
secondly,for sister Zainab87,when I intend to do any good deed and post-pone it from day to another this means procrastination.
wajazakallah khair.:tti_sister:

Loobna

:salam2:

Just wanted to say Jazakallah (Basicofislam and visionusman) for the Dua's - they are helping keep focused on my studies :hijabi: Also - a very truthful reply mirajmom!

:wasalam:

yosra

Assalamou 3alayka Basicofislam,

Is it possible to give us this du3aa in arabic?

Jazaka Allahou Kayran.