Need Ur Opinions ( Hijab Essay)

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
My A.P English teacher gave the class an assignment. We were told to write a persuasive essay using a subject, topic, and proposition.

My subject is Hijab. This is my Essay below, its due wednesday. If anyone wants to add anything 2 it please let me know, because im writing about Hijab I need as much info as i can get.
HERE IT IS!!!!!!! PLEASE GIVE ME UR OPINIONS!!!

Subject: Hijab
Topic: Should the Hijab be banned?
Proposition: No, the Hijab should not be banned.

Throughout the world, Muslims have been discriminated against; Muslims have been beaten, raped and killed. However, this was not enough for the non-Muslim countries, now they are trying to ban Muslim Women from wearing the Hijab. They are discriminating against women simply because of they way they are dressed. Should the Hijab be banned? As a Muslim Woman, I believe that the Hijab should not be banned for any given reasons.

My Hijab is a statement of my identity, it is my dignity and my self-esteem, and it is my weapon. I am a person who wears the Hijab so I can deter men from treating us women like sex objects, as they have always done. I concentrate on my personality and my mind and ignore my manifestation. Now they want to ban the Hijab, why, it is not bothering us, so why is it bothering everyone else? Everyone thinks that we are oppressed but what they do not know is that every time we place it on our heads we feel tranquil and content. I know when others look at me they might think its imprisonment, but it is a proud display of my sanctuary and chastity; it is my stronghold and my freedom.

Taking off my Hijab will be like taking off my moral character. Just like the young German woman of Turkish descent, Emine Öztürk, said after having to go through court for wearing a Hijab "It's part of my identity, how can I lay my identity at the door of the classroom?" People judge the scarf from what they see, but they never actually asked us Muslim women how does it make us feel. "I think it's very sad that this society continues to look at the head scarf as something of a threat," said Öztürk. "I find it shocking that so many things are projected onto the head scarf without anyone ever asking the women who wear them." The Hijab is our FREEDOM, we feel comfortable wearing it and we are not forcing anyone else to wear it, so why try to ban it? It is not hurting anyone and it certainty is not hurting us; however, it is a protection for us.

In France, the Hijab was banned from school, and police were called in to prevent 22 Muslim girls from entering their school wearing the Hijab. That is something to be offended by. Why does the Hijab bother everyone so much, is it not us that is wearing it? We are not requesting from anyone to wear the Hijab, we want to wear it so let us be. In the Bill of Rights in the First Amendment, it clearly states, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.” This means we have the right to practice our religion and our religion tells us to wear Hijab.

Allah has stated in the Qur’an that women must guard their modesty. " Say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty ; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof. " [Qur’an: 24.31].

To Conclude, No one can ever deprive us of our dignity, no matter how much they try. We will never take off our Hijab no matter how many times they ban it. It is our self-respect and we will never remove it for anyone.

:salam2: Also add that hijab is not a cultural thing it is a religious thing. If it was a cultural thing then a muslim would not be fighting to keep it on.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamualaikum warahmatullah...

i thought it was quite good but what u need is evidence. U need statistics like the numbe rof rape cases in Saudi compared to US .... I dont think u have persuaded the reader enough...U need to show the success of hijab...Hijabis who are educated ....n things like that..Let me search for a video by Sheik Yusuf estes

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamualaikum warahmatullah

I did not get Sheikh Yusuf...but Sheikh deedat is sufficient...I love this guy

[yt]U0plMbcfVBE[/yt]

:salam2: Banning hijab.This policy is undoubtedly discriminatory against Muslims, as it targets Muslim women who choose to wear hijab for religious reasons. It is like telling these women: You are not free to follow your religion; your freedom to practice it is conditional upon our definition and understanding of what religion should be. Hence you may practice those parts which we approve of and agree with. Or stated differently, while you have unlimited freedom to undress, your freedom to dress is conditional upon our freedom to dictate which part of your body you can cover and which part you cannot.
"Wearing hijab derives from religious commitment; it is in the same status of religious obligations in the way that incompliance with it constitutes a sin. Has secularism become so weak that the secular authorities fear a scarf, a turban, or a cross hanging from the neck to threaten its stability?"
On the other hand, banning hijab on the basis of preserving secularity of the state is an illogical claim, because secularism in a liberal community means that the state authority should be neutral in matters of religion. The government should neither accept nor reject, neither be with or against any religion. The state is to provide freedom of religion for all people.Therefore, the hijab ban contradicts the principles of freedom and equality .
It hurts to hear the claims that one who wears hijab bears hostility towards others. What hostility can a woman who tries to protect her honor and who is committed to the teachings of her religion bear towards others? Hostility and enmity are never expected from a pious person, man or woman, who is conscious of Allah and fears Him.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

As you reside in the states...women from the Ammish and the Menonite sects are accepted and they wear thier particular headdress ( the bonnets)..not a word is said against them..you see them driving...the girsl in school are allowed to wear the long skirts for P.E.

What many fail to realize is the woman in Hijab is not looking for attention. It is the exact opposite.

In the world of work a woman in Hijab is going to be more productive. She will not waste time trying to socialize. She is not looking for a date..or to move up the buisness ladder..( her brains do that)

The fear is the seriousness that a Hijabi brings. Like a wedding band it is the outer symbol of an inner grace. The woman presents her hijab as a reminder of who she is at all times.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2: sister,

I like it! esp the line : "Taking off my Hijab will be like taking off my moral character"

Maybe add a little on all the social problems that come with women not covering and hijab being in place for the benefit of wider society aswell as the women themselves who wear it.

Thats a good article i hope it gets in the magazine!

wasalam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
NUNS too cover their heads, fully covered body so why not a word is said against them?
Also they depict Mary in their pictures ( :astag: ) wearing a headscarf, if they are christians and depict her in that way, why dont they themselves follow her?
Orthodox christians wear headscarf, why dont they ban it?
Why they target only Muslims?
You can add these things too I hope.
wa/salam