Can someone answer this question plz? :D

Kurd11

IN ALLAH...WE TRUST.
Are free will and God All knowing compatible? If we decide what we do, then what is Qadar? They say everything is destined, SO when I steal, is that destined?? I mean doesn't that fall in line with qadar? So who decides things for us? God?

Kurd11

IN ALLAH...WE TRUST.
So I basically have no choice? I am made and I could be going to hell without me doing anything? And if it is based on my actions, wouldn't my actions be decided by qadar?

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
salam

when you wet your bed during the night, fair enough subconciously you were unaware. Now when you finally realise, you have a decision to make. Go back asleep or wash yourself. Now, that is a choice.

To try and understand Allahs(swt) intentions is like trying to put the ocean in a cup. Just stay steadfast in good deeds, opposed to bad ones.

Kurd11

IN ALLAH...WE TRUST.
Yes but understanding qadar would help me and for some reason, I cannot understand it at all.

Jihan

Everything you do, you do out of free will. you are the one who chooses. but you don't always choose the situations you are in; they may be a trial for you. the thing is Allah knows everything, so Allah knows all the choices you will make and Allah has already written them down, but Allah let's you choose what you may do with your life. your fate is a direct result of your actions according to your free will. Like for instance right now it is my choice to be typing this response to you, but i did not even know i would see your question two minutes ago so therefore i was unaware of my fate. yet Allah already knew i would be typing this. nonetheless that does not make it any less of a free will for me to be typing. you see what i mean, Allah gave us a mind to think with and choices to choose from. InshAllah you understand where i'm coming from and i have answered your question. Allah knows best.

justoneofmillion

assalamu aleikum,brother this is probably the question that theologians from all religions have been trying to answer for centuries all other religions besides islam has put the problem under the carpet prophet Muhammad saw especially warned us not to speculate too much on this matter!how is for example it possible to have the free will in front of a god that is already allknowing about future events and that could change them if he wanted being allmighty?
but the Holy Quran says that the human being did take the proposal and the responsibility of having the freedom of acting(33:72).all across the Islamic history there has been scholars and thinkers that went for the freewill of the human being and could justifie their position by pointing at the numerous verses in the holyQuran that say that Allah swt is with him who wants it and that with his infallible justice he will punish or reward every single one of us according to our deeds!this is also a logical approach because how could a merciful and just god punish anybody that couldn`t act differently a perhaps more fatalistic approach is to be taken from 8:53 which says that god doesn`t change the situation of people as long as they do not strive to change their inner perspective themselves ! brother our actions and intentions are certainly to classify in the freewill category didn`t allah swt propose the RESPONSABILITY to the sky and mountains and they didn`want to take it only man agreed by over estimating himself? but the outcome of it resides in allah`s swt "hands" DESTINY that is why for example we have no right to say that somebody will go to hell or to heaven "shirk also"because only allah swt knows the outcome! allah swt judges us according to the intentions of our hearts he will never hold accountable anybody for more than what he can bear!"LA YOUKALIFU NAFSAN ILLA BI WASIHA" that is why for example he says swt regarding hadj "li man isstataa ilaehi sabila".
a would kindly advice you to read a book from MURAD WILFRIED HOFMANN IT IS CALLED "ISLAM THE ALTERNATIVE" and it talks more accuratly about the subject combining it with the quantom theory of WERNER HEISENBERG inschallah it will clarify this particular topic.

WASSALAM
SINDBAD

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Everything you do, you do out of free will. you are the one who chooses. but you don't always choose the situations you are in; they may be a trial for you. the thing is Allah knows everything, so Allah knows all the choices you will make and Allah has already written them down, but Allah let's you choose what you may do with your life. your fate is a direct result of your actions according to your free will. Like for instance right now it is my choice to be typing this response to you, but i did not even know i would see your question two minutes ago so therefore i was unaware of my fate. yet Allah already knew i would be typing this. nonetheless that does not make it any less of a free will for me to be typing. you see what i mean, Allah gave us a mind to think with and choices to choose from. InshAllah you understand where i'm coming from and i have answered your question. Allah knows best.

:salam2:

very well explained :ma:

Answer:
All Praises Due to Allah

The question of fate and free will is one of the most intriguing topics in metaphysics and religion.
Man feels absolutely powerless, regarding many of the circumstances in which he/she finds him/herself. One might feel that there are so many givens, which one has to take for granted, and nothing can be done about them. On the other hand, there are many areas where one feels free to act. Look at the marvelous progress of humanity through the centuries. If humans were mere puppets, could we have managed all these wonderful achievements, which have made us so proud of human potential?

Indeed the question of pre-destination and free will has haunted Man for so long; but it has been adequately dealt with in the Holy Qur’an.

From the Qur’anic point of view, Man is not completely a master of his fate; nor is he a puppet subject to the hazards of destiny. It is true that God’s sovereignty is all pervading and nothing falls outside its purview. This means that God knows everything and it is according to His will, things happen here. The universe is completely subject to the overriding power of God, and nothing happens without God willing it to be so.

However, God not only created everything, but He determined its nature and scope. In His infinite wisdom and mercy, He gave Man limited power and great freedoms, including the freedom of choice. It is because of this autonomy, enjoyed by Man, that he/she is held accountable for the individual deeds.
The Holy Qur’an says:

That man can have nothing but what he strives for;

Surah 53 Verse 39

... Verily never will God change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls). ...

Surah 13 Verse 11

Say: "With God is the argument that reaches home: if it had been His will, He could indeed have guided you all."

Surah 6 Verse 149

Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it!
And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it.

Surah 99 Verses 7 - 8

In fact the concept of qadar (destiny), used in the Qur'an often, means a measure or the latent possibilities with which God created Man and all things of Nature. For example, God says:
... it is He who created all things, and ordered (qadara) them in due proportions.

Surah 25 Verse 2

In this verse, destiny implies the scope and potential of things. This means their latent capabilities.

There is a hadith, which says that God wrote down the decrees regarding the created world, fifty thousand years, before He created the heavens and the earth. The point to be noted here is that this does not, in any way, mean that God created a universe, finished off and complete, bound to the iron rules of Nature. The idea behind qadar is that the creation of this universe was in accordance with the grand design of the Creator. This means that there is no element of chance in the creation of this universe. Everything is well arranged and well planned.

So this is not a kind of clockwork universe where God simply winds up the clock and then lets it run. The Holy Qur’an clearly says that God is constantly active in Creation:
God! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).

Surah 2 Verse 255

This verse indicates that God does not feel tired or sleepy in spite of the fact that He is constantly active.

Muhammad Iqbal, the renowned Islamic poet, has written: ‘Divine knowledge must be conceived as a living creative activity, to which the objects that appear to exist in their own right are organically related. By conceiving God's knowledge as a kind of reflecting mirror, we no doubt save His foreknowledge of future events. But, it is obvious that we do so at the expense of His freedom. The future certainly pre-exists in the organic whole of God's creative life, but it pre-exists as an open possibility, not as a fixed order of events with definite outlines.’

Time as an abstract concept- encompassing the past, present and future- is very much relative. It is, however, a great ‘present’ for the All-Seeing God. The whole continuum of time lies before Him in the shape of now. Knowledge is an act of creative activity and not the mere reflection of it. When He decrees a thing it happens and He sees it before it happens. God in Islam is therefore a free Creator with foreknowledge.

God's knowledge, however, is not like our knowledge. God's knowledge covers everything created, its past and its future.
... With God is the Decision, in the past and in the Future...

Surah 30 Verse 4

But God is the creator and we are the created. Our knowledge is limited in ways that God's knowledge is not. It is our very lack of knowledge which gives us free will. We cannot know our future and to a large extent we cannot control it. Our decisions are based on our understanding of the way the world works. Are these decisions free from God's command? Not really, but for all practical purposes we inevitably see them as free choices, we cannot do otherwise – that is our nature. We are held accountable only for things we understand. Our deeds are judged by their intentions.

So just as someone who punches his fist into a brick wall cannot claim injustice when it hurts, nor can we claim any injustice if we disobey God's moral laws, when we know them, and get punished. We "know" that the wall exists and that it is hard and that is the reality we deal with. The ultimate reality is however, that God could make that wall disappear just before your fist reached it.

The concept of qadar, therefore, indicates that we must seek harmony with God’s rules of human nature and nature at large, and consciously submit to His will. Destiny as conceived by Islam, therefore, does not take away our freedom of choice and action. It is our willful choice of those actions from our inherent possibilities that are in harmony with God’s will that earns us our reward from God. Thus, qadar can be a source of inspiration and encouragement for us, and it really opens up vast fields of human activity. It need not make us utterly powerless or helpless; on the contrary it can be a source of inspiration and encouragement.

Indeed, when God has set certain rules in his decree as to how things evolve, even these things can be changed through prayers. The prophet stressed that only sincere prayers can change the way events unfold, and that true worship and sincere submission to God can raise the believer above the normal ways of nature: Prayers can and do result in "personal miracles" - events or experiences which we consider almost impossible and certainly highly improbable.

From an Islamic point of view, Man is free for all practical purposes. He/she has no excuse for making the wrong choice and then blaming qadar or fate, any more than a man punching his fist into a wall can blame the laws of nature. He knew the consequences of his actions for all practical purposes and he shouldn't expect a miracle!

The foregoing means, that we should not worry about what God has written for us, since we can never know it; but our duty, here and now, is to strive for the best in this world and the next. Then, good results will follow, insha’Allah.

And Allah knows best.

AbuKhalid

Yes, they are. God knows what you will do but He doesn't force you to do it.

[QUOTE}If we decide what we do, then what is Qadar?

Fate (Qadar) is what happens despite your efforts or lack thereof. Only a few things fit that description. Most things in life happen because people made them.

Everything is preknown to God but only a few are destined. If you steal, you made that choice and it was known to God that you'd make it but He did not force you to make it. It has nothing to do with fate. We decide most things but a few things are decided by God despite us, such as death.

Hope this helps,

++Ayman[/QUOTE]

MaashaaAlla, very good answer and concise.

you can also read:
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=96978&ln=eng

EbuJasir

Esselamun aleeykom

Dear brother,
it`s as misconception of the qka and qader if you have such believes. It`s obvious that everything is written in a book, but there are no specifications such names but there are rules for every weay you chose to get in. for ex. if you chose the way of living an honest and pure muslimlife you`ll have the rules about this kind of life. If you chose tro live a misserabble life of being an arrogant, rebel or any other kind of evil then you will have other rules. It is as you enter from one part of the higway to another. ex from the part that is for those who drive unde 100 km/h, you enetr into the one when drives go 120/h, I hope with this simple example, which is not comparable enought with the law of Allah. I hope Aallah will forgive me for the mistakes made by me. That waht I have written right is from allah and what I wrote wrong is from me.
may Allah bestow his Grase and mercy upon all muslims of the world.\
I suggest you to go on with good deeds, prayers and all other obligations commanded by allah.
i hope I was clear because my English is not so good.
Esselamun aleeykom

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Are free will and God All knowing compatible? If we decide what we do, then what is Qadar? They say everything is destined, SO when I steal, is that destined?? I mean doesn't that fall in line with qadar? So who decides things for us? God?

:salam2:

many people try to use the issue of al-qadr as a means of justification for their sins. it sounds great in theory if you are a sinner; but here is the reality:

Allah swt created us with free will, but none of his creatures will live forever and none of his creatures know the future. that's the reason why we say inshallah, because we don't know what's going to happen next. this dunya, this world is a test for us, to see how faithful we will be to Allah swt. remember that Allah is in control and that he guides who he wills.

:wasalam:

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister Kurd11,

I read a book in Arabic about Divine Will and Predestination. In case you could read Arabic, here are the details of the book:

اسم الكتاب: القضاء والقدر
اسم المؤلف: عمر سليمان الأشقر
الناشر: دار النفائس للنشر والتوزيع

To buy this book, click on the following link:

http://www.neelwafurat.com/itempage.aspx?id=lbb121611-81739&search=books

If you cannot read Arabic,then there's an English translation of this book. I haven't read the translation, so I cannot say how good it is. I hope it's a good and honest translation. Here are the details:

islamicbookstore-com_1946_1609136500

Title: Divine Will and Predestination in the Light of the Qur'an and Sunnah
Author: Umar S. al-Ashqar
Publisher: International Islamic Publishing House (IIPH) 2003
ISBN: 9960850374

The following is a brief description of the book:

Is this is a matter which is directly relevant to the day-to-day life of Muslims, or is it an obscure topic best left to the debates of philosophers and theologians? Does it imply that Muslims are “fatalists” who see themselves as helpless in the hands of an indifferent fate? Attitudes towards the divine will and predestination have always influenced Muslims’ daily activities. In this book Dr. Umar S. al-Ashqar explores this topic in depth explaning it in clear terms for the ordinary Muslim. Drawing always on the Qur’an and Sunnah, and on the words of the greatest scholars such as Ibn Taymiyah, he covers some of the historical debates that took place within the ummah on this matter, explains the correct view, that of Ahl as-Sunnah wal Jamaa’ah.

The true Islamic concept of Divine Will and Predestination is an empowering notion. Whilst all that happens takes place within the framework of divine will, man has freedom of choice within those parameters. This is a matter which is of interest and concern for all Muslims, one which will bring many benefits, both in this world and in the hereafter.

Source: http://islamicbookstore.com/b7938.html

To buy the translation, click on the link mentioned beside "Source" above.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

zOaib

Sainte_786

there is a very simple way to look at this .....

there are always 2 choices for u in life , GOOD and BAD ............. hence there are 2 destinies for you GOOD and BAD ................. while you live your life u can be walking on the bad path but find your way to the good path because they both exist paralell to each other , and that solely depends on the free will ALLAH has given you , so the livelyhood which is written for u to get in life u can get it either by working the halal way and earning it and or steal and earn what u were supposed to get anyways , so u see u made a choice to steal and get it or work for it and get it , but u still get it cause its written u will ........... scholars have a lot to say about this , but bottom line is u need to keep you heart clear of selfishness and a thirst to be saved by ALLAH swt inshallah ................ and only ALLAH knows best who will go to hell or heaven , because he is the creator of time and everythign else , he knows the past the present and the begining and the end ............. his powers are something we cannot understand , and know .......... and these things we shud not worrry about too much u are only destined to hell ro heaven if u make it so that way ............... but if you want to be saved ALLAH will save u inshallah.

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
yeh i was wondering about this today, matter of free will, and how Allah has a plan for us, maybe he lets us have some control over our destination? Or maybe there is some middle ground... like He can give us all the tools to do well in the world but we abuse them, therefore we are destined to hell, and God already knew this but gave us the option of being good. Any way, Allah knows, and we should be thankful for what we have

Sister N

Bismillah

Assalaamu alaikum.

Everything happens according to Allah's will, and noone or nothing can overpower Allahs will. We have a free will - yes, however this can never contradict Allah's will. So when we say we have a free will, it means that whatever situation we're in, we either choose to do good or bad (this is as far as our will goes), and it is Allah who allows/wills us to carry out the deed that we intend to do, if he does not allow it, it won't happen.

For example, if I was in a room and I saw something which I liked, and then I decided I wanted to steal it - this is my free will of wanting to steal it. If I ended up stealing it - it means Allah willed that I would be able to steal it, he allowed me to steal it. But this is still a bad deed on my part because I was the one who wanted to steal it, not Allah, He just allowed me to carry out a bad deed. Or Allah may have willed that I wasn't able to steal it, so when I tried to steal it, some how I wasn't able to commit this sin because Allah didn't allow for me to steal it e.g. maybe someone walked in and saw me...again, because of Alah's will I wasn't able to steal it, but because I had that intention, it is my bad deed/intention, so I would get punished for it.

Whatever we will to do, whether good or bad, it will not happen unless Allah wills for us to be able to carry out that deed. So we have a free will of doing good or bad in every situation, and Allah either allows us to do the good/bad or doesn't allow us to do the good/bad.