Islamaphobia

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
The hostility towards Islam that is experienced in European countries started to emerge when the Soviet Union dissolved and the Warsaw Pact countries regained their independence. In those years the enemy concept of Communism and Marxism vanished and people who were in need to find a new enemy concept started looking at the 1.2 billion Muslims living in 57 countries. And certain Islamist organizations gave reasons for this approach.

Faruk Şen The hostility towards Islam that is experienced in European countries started to emerge when the Soviet Union dissolved and the Warsaw Pact countries regained their independence. In those years the enemy concept of Communism and Marxism vanished and people who were in need to find a new enemy concept started looking at the 1.2 billion Muslims living in 57 countries. And certain Islamist organizations gave reasons for this approach.

The basis for such an enemy concept in Europe was laid by the FIS movement in Algeria, the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, the Taliban in Afghanistan, Khomeini in Iran and certain Turkish fundamentalist groups. After the attack on the Twin Towers in New York on the Sept. 11, 2001, prejudice against Islam has grown.

In general, the phenomenon of Islam phobia, as we know it today, surfaced in Europe after the terror attacks in Madrid. The terror attacks in Istanbul had no particular impact in Europe at first. This has changed after the tube bombings in London when Islam phobia started to be more and more present in Europe. Islam phobia reached its current state after incidents like the murder of the Dutch film director Van Gogh, who was killed in November 2004 by an Islamist of Moroccan origin because he had offended Islam. In response the extreme right-wing tried to stir the public into action. Muslim mosques and businesses in Holland, one of the most multicultural countries in Europe, were attacked.

The riots in France in late 2005 by gangs of youths of Maghreb origin further pushed growth of Islam phobia. Currently Islam phobia is most developed in Holland, France, Germany and Austria. Germany's second largest federal-state, Baden-Württemberg, is preparing a naturalization test for Muslims. Within the framework of this test Muslims are perceived as potential terrorists. Similar trends can be observed in Austria and Holland. In all these countries an opinion that living together with Muslims won't be possible is slowly taking root.

The �clash of cultures� view as described by Samuel Huntington is increasing in popularity. In the meantime, the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia (EUMC) is watching events and even displays a supportive attitude instead of being alerted by the recent developments. The EU countries are applying double standards: They defended freedom of the press in case of the Danish cartoons about Islam and remained idle in preventing such publications, but were very sensitive when it came to jokes about the pope in an animated television show and took steps to prohibit it.

There is huge evidence for the existence of Islam phobia. In this respect Turkey should take this matter into hand without further delay and should advise Europe, which has prejudices against Islam. This issue has to be brought before UNESCO, the OSCE and the European Parliament. That the Council of Europe still hasn't dealt with this problem is a shame for both this institution and Turkey, which is the single most important Muslim member country in it.

Turkey shouldn't ignore the needs of the 4 million Turks living in the EU in this respect any longer. Now it's time for the politicians, countries and civil society organizations to act. The 15 million Muslims living in the EU have not deserved the way this issue has recently developed. Events like honor killings, which are done by a few twisted persons, backfire on all Muslims and fuel the fire of Islam phobia even more.

http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=47835

SAKINAH

salam aleikum,
i dont understand what islamaphobia is but i think we all need to have an ideological orientation about islam. lifting the bannar of islam is not what makes us terrorist but people misunderstand our steadfastness. we need to protect the religion of Allah as much as we can. all polution should be washed and we must lay a good foundation for the future muslims.
ma salam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

Islamaphobia is basically when people are scared of Islam and Muslims for no good reason. The people react in negative way towards Muslim based on unfound prejudice.

For example, in the UK it is more difficult for someone to get a job with a Muslim name. etc.

There will be more info about this, so stay tuned inshaAllah.

wasalam

A

Abdillaah Hunain

Bismillaahi I write,

Assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

Being narrated from Abdullaah bin 'Umar, "One time we sit in front of Rasulullaah talk about various Fitnah, and he talked so many stories about it. Until he also mention about Fitnah Ahlas. So, people also talk: 'what does Fitnah Ahlas mean?' He answered:

Those are refugees and wars. Then Fitnah Sarra', the dirty things and smoke coming from below the feet of my Ahlul Bait, he will admit as coming from me, while he is not coming from me, because my guardians only coming from people of righteousness (Taqwa).

Then human beings have concession in one man like the meeting of hips and ribs, then Fitnah Duhaima' that will not leave anybody from this Ummah (people) but they will be hit. If being said: 'It is over,' then it is instead keep on continouing, inside it a man on the morning having faith, but on the afternoon becoming Kaafir, resulting into 2 camps, the camp of faith which does not have any Hypocriteness and camp of Hypocriteness which does not have any faith. When that happen, then wait the arriving of Dajjaal on that day or tomorrow.
(HR.Abu Daud kitabul Fitan no.4242, Ahmad 2/133, Al Hakim 4/467, Shahih in Shahih Al Jami'u Ash Shaghir no.4194, Silsilah Hadits Ash Shahihah no.974).

So Rasulullaahi shalallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam been encouraging people to do amal Shalih immediately, before the coming of Fitnah as pieces of night which are so dark… (HR.Shahih Muslim kitab Al-Iman 2/133).

assalaamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

What we need to do is to help educate the Muslim population and the general population is understanding why there was a need to create an Islamic-phobic
environment. The truth is leaking out slowly. Muslims are not behind this chaos.

We, as Muslims, have to always know that falsehood has perished. And, we are experiencing worldwide genocide. But, we are the bearers of truth. As long as we Believe we have nothing to fear.

We will always be hunted and persecuted..we hold fast to the Rope of Allah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

It is good to be heard.Just kidding.

In all honesty I have met good people from all walks of life. When I am able to engage them to the beauty of Islam they listen. What they appreciate is the fact that Muslims do not force any conversions. Islam gives us the intellect to show the flaws in many theological arguments. That is the reason there is so much propaganda against us. Lies and more lies.
I keep fast to my prayers and ask that Allah subhana talla grant me the middle path.

I pray that you keep posting your heady responses to teach everyone about the perfection of our beautiful faith.

Artemis

Banned
well as a non-muslim I would like to add my bit.

I have a number of moderate muslim friends so I do not consider myself anti-muslim, doubtless some of you will call me an Islamophobe but what the heck.

One of the major problems is how muslims react to what they perceive as an attack on Islam. How many timeshave we seen muslims parading the streets in more than insignificant numbers threatening death to those who insult Islam. Now as a non-muslim I do not consider Mohammed to be anybody over special, I will not go out of my way to insult him , but if I consider his behaviour questionable I will say so. I consider Islam to be an above average sort of religion but it too has its flaws and I will say so if I feel it right. Now I do not regard what I say as an attack, but as a muslim you may. I do not cede you the right to censor me or to control my thoughts or beliefs and as a result I will come into conflict with some of your brethren or even you.

You(muslims), on the other hand, see nothing wrong with insulting Christians and Jews (and if you don't think that telling people who sincerely believe that they are a load of fools following a false religion is not insulting then you need to think again) on a daily basis as a part of your religion. When there are verses teling you not to take Christians and Jews as friends, when verses tell you to attack unbelievers then you have a recipe for conflist.

There are faults on all sides and until we are all adult enough to stop killing each other over words then this will go on.

RandyJackson

Artemis,

I don't mean to insult you, but your way of thinking is very very very primitive.

"I do not consider Mohammed to be anybody over special, I will not go out of my way to insult him , but if I consider his behaviour questionable I will say so."

So, you're admitting that you physically met Mohammed? Whoaaa mannnn, lend me THAT time machine...I want to meet Elvis.

The only way you can make precise and accurate judgment of anyone or anything is to physically OBSERVE with your own eyes, otherwise, you'll be a laughing stock to the higher-degree thinkers. So how can you question his behavior?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????
?????????

Would you like to come home from work one day and have your wife question your "cheating behavior?" Even though it DID NOT happen, but because her friends told her so, she believed it. And now, she doesn't need proof; she wants a divorce.

How would you feel about that?

Artemis

Banned
That is the behavior of some Muslims, it's not what Islam teaches. Therefore, if you have beef, it should be with those Muslims, not with Islam.

On what basis did you make that conclusion? Because it's what you've been told? You are an independent, free human being endowed with a healthy mind and soul. You can study the matter yourself before you make such a horrible conclusion.

Wouldn't it be more civilized to ask about that behavior someone who can answer it before you say something improper about a person you don't know and who cannot defend himself because he's dead?

Again, ask first about what you think are flaws. You could be misinformed. You could have misunderstood. They may appear to be flaws but more scrutiny explains their wisdom.

Islam does not allow Muslims to insult or ridicule others, especially Christians and Jews. God made that clear in Chapter 29 of the holy Quran,

"And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."" (29:46)

That's a common misconception propagated by Islamophobes and terrorists alike. What God says in the holy Quran is that Muslims should not take hostile non-Muslims as allies at time of war,

"God does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, God loves those who act justly.

God only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers. " (60:8-9)

Another misconception propagated by fundamentalists on both sides. What God orders is to attack those who attack us,

"Fight in the way of God those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. God does not like transgressors. " (2:190)

Two verses later, God says that if they stop, we must stop (2:192) as "there shall not be aggression except against the wrongdoers" (2:193).

You cannot make conclusions about Islam without reading the Quran. Observing the conduct of some Muslims only leads you to conclusions about those Muslims; it cannot make the case for all Muslims nor for Islam.

Ok let us take this point by point shall we?

You talk of unjustified Isplamophobia, Now if we had a parade of Philothumpians wandering down the road sceaming Death to Muslimss, death to the Infidel, you would doubtless feel threatened and perhaps you would feel that Philothumpians should be avoided, so is that Philothumpianopobia.

No because of the things I have read about him, so why do you think he is so special did you borrow a time machine ( sorry wrong respondent) and go back to meet him or do you rely on what people have written about him. Do you read what his enemies wrote about him in those days or do you listen only to what his friends and followers wrote, isn't thata bit of a one sided view don't you think? Besides I don't think he is worhy of the adulation poured upon him by muslims. I am not a muslim so I am not obliged to consider him the best human everand a model for all times..

So then do you consider Christianity to be the true treligion ditto Judaism or do you claim that the Christians and Jews follow what was once the true religion but which has since been perverted or lost and they are too stupid or perverse to realise it? And you do not think that an insult.

Sorry got to go will get back to you later.

arzafar

well as a non-muslim I would like to add my bit.

I have a number of moderate muslim friends so I do not consider myself anti-muslim, doubtless some of you will call me an Islamophobe but what the heck.

One of the major problems is how muslims react to what they perceive as an attack on Islam. How many timeshave we seen muslims parading the streets in more than insignificant numbers threatening death to those who insult Islam. Now as a non-muslim I do not consider Mohammed to be anybody over special, I will not go out of my way to insult him , but if I consider his behaviour questionable I will say so. I consider Islam to be an above average sort of religion but it too has its flaws and I will say so if I feel it right. Now I do not regard what I say as an attack, but as a muslim you may. I do not cede you the right to censor me or to control my thoughts or beliefs and as a result I will come into conflict with some of your brethren or even you.

You(muslims), on the other hand, see nothing wrong with insulting Christians and Jews (and if you don't think that telling people who sincerely believe that they are a load of fools following a false religion is not insulting then you need to think again) on a daily basis as a part of your religion. When there are verses teling you not to take Christians and Jews as friends, when verses tell you to attack unbelievers then you have a recipe for conflist.

There are faults on all sides and until we are all adult enough to stop killing each other over words then this will go on.

i agree with you on the whole however id like to point a few things.

1. a muslim will never ridicule Jesus (pbuh) or Moses (pbuh). Yet Christians and Jews leave no chance to ridicule Muhammad (pbuh).

2. muslims do tend to over react but that's because they love their religion and prophet Muhammad (pbuh) more than anybody/anything else. if somebody insulted your mother/father/wife/brother/sister or any dear one, i'm sure you will be enraged.

3. the verses in the quran tell muslims not to take jews and Christians as allies during a conflict. the muslims have done that on several occasions (WWI, cold War, Gulf War I) and now look where it has gotten us into.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

To say someone's beliefs are wrong, but at same time be respectful should be tolerated. Its not "insulting" for someone to point out the deficiances and corruptions that have been introduced into what people believe to be their "correct" unadulterated beliefs.

Constructive, wise, polite respectful discussion and debate is normal. All the Prophets that Allah (the Most High) sent, including the final Messenger Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had to convey their message in a good way, and to discuss it with those who did not believe. They called him a "Mad Man", "magician" and many other untrue words. Infact, they were tortured and many Prophets from the past and their followers were killed for what they taught. Which was, to worship and submit to Allah alone.

Islam forbids the ridiculing of other people's beliefs. Islam also forbids the use of unjust violence. - Christians and Jews can believe as they wish, but to accuse people of being "insulting" for merely expressing themselves is quite ridiculous.

A Jew will consider his beliefs correct, a Christian his, if they wish to remain in disbelief, that is for them. And yes, for Muslims, any view, idea that is contrary to the clear pure belief in the One True God, as was revealed by Allah in the Noble Qur'an - which clearly about the pure belief in the One True God, is disbelief.

[yt]0vVtdf0ePU4[/yt]

As Muslims we practise our Religion as Allah intended. A Muslim's life should be seen as an example of good character, kindness and fairness.

We tell people about Islam, because we wish they too can share in the message of Islam. It is from Allah (the most High), he revealed this message to mankind many times through the Messengers he sent to mankind.

Islam's message is to worship Allah alone, without associating any partners to him.

By believing in this message of Islam, people will know their creator, they will know they were created with a great purpose in this life (to worship Allah alone), they will know how their life aught to be and how they will be rewarded. For the ultimate reward for the people who are Muslims is to see the face of Allah. The reward of Jannah (paradise) is not merely one of physical delights, but also more importantly spiritual happiness. Where the people will feel at ease, with no worries, no pressures or fatigue. They will understand and have knowledge of their lives and their accomplishments. They will feel satisfied and will glorify Allah day and night. THey will fall prostrate to Allah and will be drawn near to their Lord.

There is no greater gift for any human being other than Islam. It is a gift from Allah, it is a gift of mercy and love. Islam is complete and perfect and it is something preserved till the day of judgement.

It would be a true shame for anyone to reject this beautiful faith after the evidences have been bought before them. They will be questioned on day of judgement about that.

We have strict rules about the type of people who can use this website. Thats purely due to keeping the website free from argumentation and focussed on teaching.

You can Learn More about Islam by reading these articles:

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah

Introductory Articles About Islam

Read this too, :

However, terrorism committed by Muslims is both miniscule and incomparable to the amount of destruction, carnage, horrific violence and humiliation committed by the biggest terrorists of them all. The State Terrorists.
iraq_cartoon.jpg

We will deal directly with SOME of the hundreds of cases around the world..... So that you, the reader can be more informed about the world around you. We are asking people to have a heart, feelings of love and compassion for other people. This is all we want. If you can have some empathy for other people, then you will realise that this world is a very small place and that we as a human race must eradicate all forms of oppression.

Read the rest here:
Why Angry Protests? Islam Does Not Condone Violence and Calls for Patience

Time To Recognise State Terror!

Quran and Hadith prove Islam's Opposition to Oppression, Terrorism and Injustice.

Lastly, you should know that this website is for people who are sincere in their search for the truth. So, save us all time and hassle, if you are here to find out about Islam, then you had better respect the rules, and stop writing so harshly in an accusatory arrogant tone. For example, "You Muslims do this and this".

And we love the Prophet Muhammad (may Allah's Blessings be Upon Him) because he was indeed the best of all mankind, with the greatest of character. - Your views (where you question how we can believe that he existed and he was so good) are based upon lack of knowledge about the Qur'an and the science of hadith.

Artemis

Banned
No, I'd feel that there is problem with some Philothumpians or there is a lack of communication between us and them. We do not have to use a fictitious example, because this has been happening with the Christian Right. I've heard one of them calling for killing Muslim children. I considered him a loony and did not conclude that Christianity calls for the murder of children.

We heard in the news so many times about Catholic priests who rape children. Do we conclude that Catholicism encourages child rape? That would be absurd, but it's that logic the Islamophobes have.

Because God says about him, "You are upon a grand character." (68:4), "God and His angels pray for the prophet. O you who believe, pray for him and send your best greetings." (33:56), "How about when We bring from each community a witness upon them and bring you upon all of those as a witness? That Day, those who disbelieved and disobeyed the Messenger will wish they could be leveled with the earth. And they will not conceal from God a [single] statement." (4:41-42).

Such statements mean that Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, is not just special, he is the greatest man who ever lived. Thus, your question is not really why he is special. Your question is: Is the Quran what it says it is? Is it the Word of God? Well, that's an easy question to answer! Simply read it and make the conclusion yourself. There is no doubt in my mind that you will conclude that it is the truth. Admitting it is another matter though.

It's not a claim I make. It's what God says in the Quran. You don't realize that this may be true because you have not read the Quran and therefore have no first hand knowledge of whether it is the truth.

A born-again Christian friend of mine once told me that his pastor instructed his parishioners not to read the Quran! What is he afraid of? I read the Bible, in English and in Arabic. You are not a slave to your culture, flock, lineage, race, tradition, or anything else. You can determine yourself what the truth is. You have all you need to find out: a mind, a heart, the scriptures, and God who is ready to guide you but only if ask Him.

Sorry about the vanishment some damned fool just rammed my wife and then tried to claim it was her fault - I have to go again but just wanted to say why I left so abruptly.

But before I go again just one thing:-

Do you have my house bugged that you know my reading matter?

As a matter of interest and for the record I have read the Pickthal translation, the revised Pickthal translation and the Yusuf Ali translation.

Artemis

Banned
assalamu alaykum

We have strict rules about the type of people who can use this website. Thats purely due to keeping the website free from argumentation and focussed on teaching.

[/B]Lastly, you should know that this website is for people who are sincere in their search for the truth. So, save us all time and hassle, if you are here to find out about Islam, then you had better respect the rules, and stop writing so harshly in an accusatory arrogant tone. For example, "You Muslims do this and this".

Ok Mabsoot,

I am sorry me trying to explain how other people feel did not meet with your approval, I will now withdraw from this thread and attempt no further explanations. I am willing to try to continue by pm if any one wants me to, but I will just say if you never try to see other peoples point of view you will never understand them .