Spider man creating problems...

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
respected MyriamFatima if you like the simplicity of muslim lifestyle, you will love the teachings of islam once you know it, accept it, learn it and apply it in your dialy life.
i hope i can call you sister in islam soon
ameen

:salam2:
I love watching movies. And sci-fi and fantasy movies i just love them. I also love THE MESSAGE. Well muslim brothers and sister please give me a good muslim movie like that to watch. And i promise i would go to watch that instead of Spiderman.

Izzu

Dear sister Fatima,
you are so right. I guess if you look deeper into your heart, you are already a muslim (a person who submits to Allah swt).... Indeed the real beauty is not exposing yourself but rather covering it and this is how our creator and benefactor wanted us to be. Islam is as simple as that.....
After reading this thread I know I need to make many changes in my lifestyle.
Thanks.:wasalam:

I feel that this is an excellent post... thank you so much, Muhammad Abdullah! I personally went and saw this movie and felt exactly as you described (about being jealous/self-hateful) after seeing Kirsten Dunst. Contrast that to when I see a Muslim family (I am not Muslim, myself), I see the beauty, simplicity, and grace of the ladies who are wearing hijab... and I have a longing towards that.

Some of the movie's sub-plots were okay, some were disturbing, but just enough "under the radar" so that it didn't really cause an uprising. For some of you who have seen Spider Man 3, do you remember Peter kissing the other girl? Remember him taking this girl out just to make Mary Jane jealous? Is that love? Remember the way that they were touching in the dance? Is that purity?

Do I think that this movie, on a scale of worst movies to best movies, tips the scale as fas as Hollywood goes? No. Do I think it's a movie we should all spend our hard earned money on, simply to propgate the Godless lifestyles of Holywood? Certainly not. Do you think watching this movie will be something we are proud of on the Day of Judgement? Only you can answer that...

~ Myriam ~

:tti_sister:

kayleigh

Wait...if all television is haram (going back a page or so on this question), then why are there Islamic channels? And surely the news isn't haram? And sports (granted the clothing is appropriate and there aren't any cheerleaders)?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Wait...if all television is haram (going back a page or so on this question), then why are there Islamic channels? And surely the news isn't haram? And sports (granted the clothing is appropriate and there aren't any cheerleaders)?

The Shaykh, rahimahullaah said 99% of TV.

Sadly you have "Islamic channels" which in them is nothing but an imitation of the kuffaar and some benefit. The News is different, I can't remember who from amongst the scholars said, that there isn't nothing wrong with watching the news, but one should mute the music, and avoid the fitnah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My family went to see the movie....I fell asleep ....The night out was expensive...family of four...times $7.00 times popcorn...times etc...

I could have stayed home and rested for free..

What did I gain...the movie was an insipid love triangle story....i just have a difficult time understanding how a woman could fall in love with a man in tights who wants to be a spider...

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Asalaamalykum,

My sister and my friend today made plans to go to watch a movie(spider man III).
I told them tht i dnt want to go bcoz its not allowd in Islam.They were not very Happy abt it.
Wht do u people say.Was i right.Please help.

Wasalaam

Well doesn`t it depend...Like for example if you go to the cinema`s to watch it there will be man and women free mixing...Isn`t that haram?????

So are you trying to say it will be okay to go to cinema`s as long as I don`t pay attention to the other female and male viewers????(this question is going out to everyone>>>:lol: )

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Going to Movies!

Asslamo Allaikum,

In our Younger/Jahilliya days we used to GO to Movies NOT to actually watch movies!

I rest my case.

Those who have grown up in the US of A clearly know what I am talking about.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Find me a channel that never plays haraam content in any way shape or form, and alhamdulillaah. Sadly I don't know of a single one.

Globalpeace

Banned
Drive-in Cinemas!

Asslamo Allaikum,

So you know what I am talking about?

And I thought you were just a simple, straight brother! :laughing-dancing:

Good thing I didn't tak about Drive-ins; otherwsie these youngsters wouldn't know what I am talking about....:rolleyes:

I must be getting old if people have started going to the movies to watch movies :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

P.S: Does anyone know the saying of Umar (RA) about the youngsters in his time that he fears for them because they grew up in Islam and didn't know Jahilliyah! Please quote the full saying and the source!
:SMILY303: LOL brother you are too funny

samiha

---------
Staff member

Islam channel...Unity tv...(LOL)

i've never seen it.. well except clips maybe... and don't they use Music? I am not sure... Allah knows best.

But i think it's best to avoid these things as much as possible...

No way i'm gonna see Spidy again... it really is pathetic, and now it's just emabarrassing watching something like that with family.

br. Globalpeace, i don't think you're old yet. :)

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
I feel that this is an excellent post... thank you so much, Muhammad Abdullah! I personally went and saw this movie and felt exactly as you described (about being jealous/self-hateful) after seeing Kirsten Dunst. Contrast that to when I see a Muslim family (I am not Muslim, myself), I see the beauty, simplicity, and grace of the ladies who are wearing hijab... and I have a longing towards that.

This kind of attitude saddens me...ladies (Muslim and non-Muslim), we really shouldn't put ourselves down like this. We shouldn't buy into what the media says is beautiful. Yes, Kirsten Dunst is a beautiful girl (and we'd know this whether she was on-screen in a bikini, or in jilbab, it doesn't matter what she's wearing), but we shouldn't use her looks and the looks similar to hers as an indicator of the only kind of beauty that there is :(

We should thank Allah that she is beautiful, as she is His creation...but we should also thank Allah that we are also beautiful.

Whilst I'm not a watcher of such movies myself, we will always be bombarded with images (even halal) of fellow beautiful women, no matter if we can see her entire naked body, or just her unveiled eyes. We shouldn't envy them, we should rejoice in their beauty, and in ours too.

MyriamFatima

Well said, Revert! Thank you for giving us women this new perspective. :)

______

We should thank Allah that she is beautiful, as she is His creation...but we should also thank Allah that we are also beautiful.

Whilst I'm not a watcher of such movies myself, we will always be bombarded with images (even halal) of fellow beautiful women, no matter if we can see her entire naked body, or just her unveiled eyes. We shouldn't envy them, we should rejoice in their beauty, and in ours too.[/QUOTE]

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

i've never seen it.. well except clips maybe... and don't they use Music? I am not sure... Allah knows best.

But i think it's best to avoid these things as much as possible...

No way i'm gonna see Spidy again... it really is pathetic, and now it's just emabarrassing watching something like that with family.

br. Globalpeace, i don't think you're old yet. :)

I think the (LOL) indicated sarcasm.

sugarbb

Assalammualaikum brother,

Well in my opinion, being in a dark room(theater) itself , together (male & females) non-muhrim is not allowed isn't it ? Not to say there'll be some nudity or kissing scenes etc etc..... I have stopped going to movies anyway.:hijabi:

brother4ever

respected MyriamFatima if you like the simplicity of muslim lifestyle, you will love the teachings of islam once you know it, accept it, learn it and apply it in your dialy life.
i hope i can call you sister in islam soon
ameen

Assalmoaleykum

Sumameen

ALLAH HAFIZ

brother4ever

My Dear Brothers & Sisters
In the year 2000,In my country there was a accident happen in Movie Theather beacuse of that Accident some muslim brother died on spot.

Alhamdolilah from that day I stop visiting theather & try to control myself to not watching movie even Television.

Do you know Why???????????????

Because the muslim brother who died on the theather I don't think he got a chance to read :shahadah:.

If we have a free we have to make the time Precious do tableeg mans remind our brother & sister about deen & learn Quran ,religious book.

ALLAH HAFIZ

justoneofmillion

Asslamo Allaikum,

In our Younger/Jahilliya days we used to GO to Movies NOT to actually watch movies!

I rest my case.

Those who have grown up in the US of A clearly know what I am talking about.
assalamu aleikum bro you got the point there...........lol all these things are such a futility and can lead to no good slowly but surly without one even realising it they close you in their capsle! one never knows when he is going to die frankly there are other hobbys that one can dedicate some time to once he makes sure his deens obligations are not getting neglected i don`t know sports,reading,.you got the choice..etc

wassalam may allah swt forgive all those who where misguided and found their way inschallah starting by me!ameen