Sisters: How Long Between Reversion And Marriage?

0 - Married In...

• <3 Months

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • >3 Months <6

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • >6 Months <12

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • >12 Months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Still Waiting

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
For you, I mean. Not for me.

:salam2:

Option A. My future husband was already interested in me (as I was a Christian, we could have married anyway). I didn't revert for him, I was already interested in Islam. I was 21.

I don't think the speed of one's marriage directly correlates to the time after they reverted, though. Some reverts need time to 'grow' before they can consider someone else in their life...some just aren't ready yet for various reasons. Of course, some are also too young in the eyes of secular law, too.

Also, it's not uncommon for sisters to revert after a series of failed relationships/dating bad men before they reverted. As such, many are 'off' men for a while. Insha'allah when they are 'healed', they will see that all they need to do is find the right brother :)

loveislam1

Asalam ALikoum akhi I think you need to change the < I was confused because some of them dont make sense to me, I am not good with the greater or lesser signs though...lol

I said my shahada on October 3 1999, and was married on January 27 2000, so almost than 4 months after I said my shahada, I am ashamed to say that I really didnt start practicing islam until after marriage, it took time to get rid of some very bad habits I had obtained pre islamic days and fully accept and practice the islamic lifestyle. May ALLAH forgive me.
Had it been up to women in the masjid I woudl have been married the following day after taking my shahda, mashallah while flattering a very scary proposition for a new convert.

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
Asalam ALikoum akhi I think you need to change the < I was confused because some of them dont make sense to me, I am not good with the greater or lesser signs though...lol

I said my shahada on October 3 1999, and was married on January 27 2000, so almost than 4 months after I said my shahada, I am ashamed to say that I really didnt start practicing islam until after marriage, it took time to get rid of some very bad habits I had obtained pre islamic days and fully accept and practice the islamic lifestyle. May ALLAH forgive me.
Had it been up to women in the masjid I woudl have been married the following day after taking my shahda, mashallah while flattering a very scary proposition for a new convert.

A < B = A is less than B
A > B = A is greater than B

The option which has the open (i.e. largest) part of the < or > next to it is the largest, and vice-versa. That's an easy way of remembering it :)

:wasalam:

A < B = A is less than B
A > B = A is greater than B

The option which has the open (i.e. largest) part of the < or > next to it is the largest, and vice-versa. That's an easy way of remembering it :)

Or look at it like Pac Man with an open mouth. Which ever way the mouth is opening is the one getting eaten -making it lesser and thus the other side is the greater one. I know...I know...I'm just providing different ways to look at it that's all :)

walaakum salaam

loveislam1

OK so let me see:
Greater than 3 months
Less than 3 months to less that 6 months
less than 6 months to less than 12 months
less than 12 months?
Still confused!!!

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
Or look at it like Pac Man with an open mouth. Which ever way the mouth is opening is the one getting eaten -making it lesser and thus the other side is the greater one. I know...I know...I'm just providing different ways to look at it that's all :)

walaakum salaam

The side that Pac Man eats would still be the greatest side in relation to the < symbol, such is the positioning of his mouth...unless I'm getting confused? This is Pac Man eating:

< .

Anyway, I'm being pedantic :p

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
OK so let me see:
Greater than 3 months
Less than 3 months to less that 6 months
less than 6 months to less than 12 months
less than 12 months?
Still confused!!!

Less than 3 months,
More than 3 months, less than 6 months
More than 6 months, less than 12 months
More than 12 months

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Would anyone object to me posting the same poll again but aimed at revert brothers?

Because I really think it'd be interesting to see what the differences are. I might even make a graph :D

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

Too soon, for me. I did not find myself as a muslim yet, and married some 8-9 months after Shahada.

(divorced after 7 yrs, due to "religious indifferencies" or whatever, and remarreid a year after that, i wish this was my first marriage, 9 yrs after my shahada hehe)

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Salaam aleikum

Too soon, for me. I did not find myself as a muslim yet, and married some 8-9 months after Shahada.

(divorced after 7 yrs, due to "religious indifferencies" or whatever, and remarreid a year after that, i wish this was my first marriage, 9 yrs after my shahada hehe)
You're saying your husband was indifferent to his religion?

I don't blame you for ending it then

UmmOf3

You're saying your husband was indifferent to his religion?

I don't blame you for ending it then
Salaam aleikum

Basically, he did not want to practise islam, and was not interested in helping me learn islam either. When I was a young, new muslimah, I thought he was a catch, since he "would never force me to wear hijab bla bla bla". Well, basically, I changed. He did not.

Alhamdulillah, we have two beautifull children, and we are both remarried, with new kids, and married to "our own kind" hehe.

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
The preponderence of votes in the "<3 Months" category leads me to suspect that sisters tend to either already have an interested party waiting when they revert or that they're more likely to be rushed into marriage. We'll find out if that's true when the bros start voting in their poll

AishaR

I was engaged for 9 months before I got married. I was not forced into it nor do I think I rushed into it.
I spent those 9 months preparing myself for my Shahada & making sure I was reverting for the right reasons, for ME!! I did lots of research & read the Quran

Hope that helps