Unveiling women in Somalia

Puppet Somali forces have begun seizing and even burning Muslim women's face veils in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, official sources and witnesses say. This is a measure taken by western backed puppet forces in Somalia. When the city was under the Islamic Courts' control in the second half of 2006, women were ordered to cover their heads.

Backed by Ethiopian troops, tanks and warplanes, Somali forces ousted the Islamic Courts' leaders in January and are trying to secure the capital after a surge of fighting. Every policeman and government soldier has orders to confiscate veils from veiled women. Most Somali women traditionally cover their heads but leave their faces unveiled.

Near the main Tarbuunka Square, a Somali woman was seen removing her face covering before approaching a government checkpoint where one soldier clutched several of the black veils, which cover the face and leave only the eyes visible. Mogadishu residents said puppet government troops and police had been forcibly removing face veils and publicly destroying them.

A senior cleric, who declined to be named for fear of reprisals, urged the government to be sensitive. The government has to undertake it very carefully. They should use women to frisk and unveil women, not men.

Veil or Niqab is an Islamic code of dress and it should be respected. The unimaginable torture by the puppet forces on Muslim sisters is a disgusting act. Instead of listening to western infidel regimes, they should work for the upliftment of Somali and its people.

KC

Jihan

Propaganda...anyone? Stop posting lies.

are you saying this is a lie... please explain. it would be really nice if you did. you need to back up your statement... it could be true.. but i wouldn't know with you just saying it's a lie. i know the some of it is true for sure... but i haven't of women being unveiled before this post, so i can't debate with you.

ma'salaam!

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Propaganda...anyone? Stop posting lies.

:salam2:

Don't be so quick to dismiss things Sister. It's actually true. Remember seeing it on bbc and some other newstations. Apparently, the islamic fighters use the full veil as a disguise to launch attacks.

wasalam

justmuslim

Subhanallaah

it's very sad to see situation like , brothers and sisters make dua every salat to our brothers and sisters in somalia, iraaq, afghanistan, and those who are hands of kufar and any muslim or muslimah who is suffering. yaa rabi, yaa rabi

maymun

fear Allah

aslaamu alikum sister fardowso
sister fear allah you always defende the fake gorvement which saking poeple blood
everyone can sea what's happing in somali no one can hide and evey muslim country
no one can destroy the deen of allah either
may allah guides all
salaam

palestine

Servant of Allah
Stick up for what's right

:salam2: sister. well i read your quote. this isn't any propaganda or lie. it is true. in fact i am a somalian sister and i know what is going on in my own country. I feel hot tears coming down my cheeks whenever i see my muslim people being tortured. i myself am discriminated here in America by classmates simply because i wear a hijab. Muslims are people of honesty, they wouldn't lie about things like that. at least not the true muslims. To inform you more...palestine, iraq, somalia, who do u think is behind all of the destruction? my answer to you...the nonbelievers who are opposed to islam and the bad people of the usa who hate the persons color skin. sorry but this is reality and it happens everyday. For most light skinned people they get by okay...but for brown or dark skinned people like me...well it isn't so easy. even other muslims discriminate against one another because of color. That is the one thing that breaks my heart!! sometimes i even feel like a "living dead" but then i know that this world is a test so i must do what i can to fight injustice and hatred. :salam2:
ps: to all the muslims who read this...please don't discriminate another person simply because they are different than you. sometimes your gonna need to discriminate but not all the time for no reason.

Lovely

inalilahi wainalilahi raj3oon

Suhannallah-

YAH WAT IS HAPPENING-WHAT ARE THEY THINKING ABT- THIS HAS NEVER CROSSED OUR MINDS THAT ONE DAY SOMALIA A COUNTRY ALWAYS KNOWN FOR HAVING 100% MUSLIMS POPULATION - IS NOW BANNING A COMMEND BY ALLAH SUBAHANA WATA'ALLA - IM REALLY SHOCKED!!!! ON TOP OF THAT CANT THEY FISRT STOP THE KILLING BEFORE MAKING NEW LAWS- OMG- INSHAALLAH MAY ALLAH GUIDE THESE PEOPLE ITS REALLY KILLING ME-------INNOCENTS DYING, NOW BANNING HIJAB WHATS NEXT.... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, GOD BLESS SOMALIA AND THE REST OF THE UMMAH

-AMEEN

:shymuslima1: :girl3: :shymuslima1: :girl3:

Yah Allah Make You Belivers Die On The Right Path
Yah Allah Keep The Ummah Strong
Yah Allah Guide Us On The Right Path

ameen, ameen, ameen

Ethopia invaded Somalia, sponsored by the current US government.
Since the USA couldnt break somalia for 15 years, they send their neighbours Ethopia , to try to break them. Well it seems like Ethopia won. They invaded and installed a puppet government in somalia.

I must also add. I love america (the country) and most of its citizens.
There are only problems in a political way. :hearts:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
:salam2: sister. well i read your quote. this isn't any propaganda or lie. it is true. in fact i am a somalian sister and i know what is going on in my own country. I feel hot tears coming down my cheeks whenever i see my muslim people being tortured. i myself am discriminated here in America by classmates simply because i wear a hijab. Muslims are people of honesty, they wouldn't lie about things like that. at least not the true muslims. To inform you more...palestine, iraq, somalia, who do u think is behind all of the destruction? my answer to you...the nonbelievers who are opposed to islam and the bad people of the usa who hate the persons color skin. sorry but this is reality and it happens everyday. For most light skinned people they get by okay...but for brown or dark skinned people like me...well it isn't so easy. even other muslims discriminate against one another because of color. That is the one thing that breaks my heart!! sometimes i even feel like a "living dead" but then i know that this world is a test so i must do what i can to fight injustice and hatred. :salam2:
ps: to all the muslims who read this...please don't discriminate another person simply because they are different than you. sometimes your gonna need to discriminate but not all the time for no reason.

:salam2:

great message sister :ma:

misalat

innaa lilaahi wa inna illaahi raji uun! this is the least thing we expected to happen in a country of 100% muslim. it's extremely sad to hear this kind of story ... may Allah protect these poor sisters in the hands of arogant non-muslim invaders ... the ethian soldiers and their puppet.

aamed

My Dear Fardowas, This not propaganda, its true and unfortunate that this time of age such think happens in Somalia. It is sad to see someone like you come online and take the time to post such message... it is your duties to standup for your fellow sisters. Next time please don't be to quick to jump to conclusion, get your facts together.

The unveiling Somali women took place last Wednesday May 8, 2007 . As eyewitnesses says people became angry when government soldiers began burning the face veils, saying it was a religious violation, women were fearful of leaving their homes wearing veils.

Eyewitnesses say soldiers were ordering women in burkas to remove their face veils on Tuesday, but the operation was later stopped by their superiors.

Wearing of face veils was encouraged by the Islamists ousted last December.
Correspondents say traditionally Somali women tend to just cover their heads, but in recent years burkas - which cover the entire face and body - and niqabs - a veil for the face that leaves the area around the eyes clear - have become more popular.

Ahmed

"Two hand grenades have gone off in the Somali capital, Mogadishu, where government soldiers were confiscating and burning face veils worn by women.
A BBC correspondent says one woman was injured in the explosions at a junction near the city's main Bakara market. Eyewitnesses say soldiers were ordering women in burkas to remove their face veils on Tuesday, but the operation was later stopped by their superiors. Wearing of face veils was encouraged by the Islamists ousted last December. Correspondents say traditionally Somali women tend to just cover their heads, but in recent years burkas - which cover the entire face and body - and niqabs - a veil for the face that leaves the area around the eyes clear - have become more popular."

Aliyah206

fear for somali...

subhanLLAH..
i really do fear for Somali's future, once the kafirs take control, somali will come to an end.. somali might be unpeaceful country but they never accpeted beers or porks into that land..and now i think beers and porks will be it's future..ya rabb..help bring peace to this ummah of yours and oh ALLAH don't let a disobieded servant of your rule over your servants..Rabanaa wataqabl du'aana!:tti_sister:

ur sis fil islam:tti_sister:

Puppet Somali forces have begun seizing and even burning Muslim women's face veils in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, official sources and witnesses say. This is a measure taken by western backed puppet forces in Somalia. When the city was under the Islamic Courts' control in the second half of 2006, women were ordered to cover their heads.

Backed by Ethiopian troops, tanks and warplanes, Somali forces ousted the Islamic Courts' leaders in January and are trying to secure the capital after a surge of fighting. Every policeman and government soldier has orders to confiscate veils from veiled women. Most Somali women traditionally cover their heads but leave their faces unveiled.

Near the main Tarbuunka Square, a Somali woman was seen removing her face covering before approaching a government checkpoint where one soldier clutched several of the black veils, which cover the face and leave only the eyes visible. Mogadishu residents said puppet government troops and police had been forcibly removing face veils and publicly destroying them.

A senior cleric, who declined to be named for fear of reprisals, urged the government to be sensitive. The government has to undertake it very carefully. They should use women to frisk and unveil women, not men.

Veil or Niqab is an Islamic code of dress and it should be respected. The unimaginable torture by the puppet forces on Muslim sisters is a disgusting act. Instead of listening to western infidel regimes, they should work for the upliftment of Somali and its people.

KC