Sisters: How Long Between Reversion And Marriage?

0 - Married In...

• <3 Months

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • >3 Months <6

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • >6 Months <12

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • >12 Months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Still Waiting

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
:salam2:

I was engaged for 9 months before I got married. I was not forced into it nor do I think I rushed into it.
I spent those 9 months preparing myself for my Shahada & making sure I was reverting for the right reasons, for ME!! I did lots of research & read the Quran

Hope that helps

:wasalam:

:salam2:

This is pretty similar to my situation. I had dated a Muslim brother a few years before (and didn't even consider reverting at that time), but during my dating him, I had a number of practising brothers willing me towards Islam (some interested in marriage, some not).

My current husband was one of these men, who I became friends with after the breakup with the first brother. He helped me with a lot of Islam-related stuff, but we certainly weren't engaged or anything like that - just friends.

When I finally reverted, my husband proposed to me. Seeing no reason to refuse him, I accepted (alhamdulillah). He maintains to this day that he planned to ask me anyway, and would have married me even if I'd stayed a Christian...however, he didn't want to approach a Christian woman so quickly, as many non-Muslims don't understand the importance of marriage in Islam, and like to "wait", or whatever.

:wasalam: