Good food shop required.

d8vyh

Salam.
I live in the Bournemouth/Southampton area of England. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a good halaal or kosher butchers/deli.?
Many thanks.

Asalaamalikum,

This is a great site to find halal around your area. I use it often. It can search by just about every country/state/county/zip area.

http://www.zabihah.com/

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
All kosher food are not halal, but all halal food are kosher. I hope I am not mistaken. Allahu Aleem.
:)
wa/salam

:salam2:

Non-alcoholic kosher food is halal, but not all halal food is kosher (as kosher also restricts extra food, such as shellfish). It is acceptable to eat Kosher food provided that it has been slaughtered in the name of the one God of the Abrahamic faith (which it of course has, or it wouldn't be kosher).

Edit: The actual methods of slaughtering kosher food is also in-line with the halal methods, as well as the treatment of live animals before killing, etc:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher_foods#Mammals:_11:3.E2.80.9311:8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Dhabiĥa_Halal_and_kashrut

:wasalam:

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
Sister, I think its better not to use such sources as wikipedia, because there are a lot of lies in them, and they dont speak the truth. Such unauthentic sources should not be trusted, especially when they speak so much of lies about Muslims and Islam.
wa/salam

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
W-Salam,

Nice effort but the info is way out of date and incomplete.

There is no option for North West England! Here in Liverpool there are many halal food stores and restaurants. Even Asda has a small halal section! In Manchester, there are probably hundreds upon hundreds. Take into account the kosher ones, and you're probably looking at thousands in the whole of the Northwest. Very incomplete indeed!

zarah

Islam
Staff member

There is no option for North West England! Here in Liverpool there are many halal food stores and restaurants. Even Asda has a small halal section! In Manchester, there are probably hundreds upon hundreds. Take into account the kosher ones, and you're probably looking at thousands in the whole of the Northwest. Very incomplete indeed!

You can sometime find a small hala section in Iceland aswell...(Some of them...:SMILY209: )

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
Sister, I think its better not to use such sources as wikipedia, because there are a lot of lies in them, and they dont speak the truth. Such unauthentic sources should not be trusted, especially when they speak so much of lies about Muslims and Islam.
wa/salam

Whilst what you say about Wikipedia not being the best source is true, these links aren't supposed to provide fatwa information, but rather to show a simple comparison between halal and kosher food...

You said that all halal food is kosher, and that is incorrect, for the reasons explained in the links, which are not untrue. It is in no way slanderous towards Islam and Muslims to say this, it's just the truth.

Wikipedia is full of errors about a wide range of subjects, but I've never found their Islam-related pages to be anything but respectful and true. Any mistakes I have ever come across have merely been oversights/misunderstandings, rather than disrespectful.

Remember brother that the best of the Wikipedia articles are those that contain many sources of reference. A lot of Islam-related articles quote directly from Qur'an, Sunnah, or indirectly through other trusted scholarly sources.

If you spot anything in Wikipedia that is unjustly insulting towards Islam, or is incorrect or misleading, then you can change it at the click of a button yourself. That's why Wikipedia can be so good.