• I am a married man and I have more than one wife

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a married man and I would LIKE more than one wife

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • I am a married man and I would CONSIDER more than one wife

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I am a married man and I would NEVER consider more than one wife

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • I am an unmarried man (please specify your views on polygamy)

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • I am a married woman and my husband has more than one wife

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I am a married woman and I would LIKE a polygamous marriage

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I am a married woman and I would NOT like a polygamous marriage

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • I am a married woman and I would NOT like to be the second, third or fourth wife

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I am an unmarried woman (please specify your views on polygamy)

Votes: 19 27.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
:salam2:

Just being nosy...only kidding, I'm actually interested in people's stories and experiences on this matter.

Some people will have more than one option applicable to them, so I have enabled multiple choice.

:wasalam:

UmmOf3

Salaam aleikum

No option for me. "I am a married woman, and my husband does not even want to go near it" :D

For him its totally unrealistic. For me... Whell, i would not have so much issues with going into a marriage where there already was a wife, if she knew and she was ok with it, but I am happy my husband dont even think about it. ....someone said dublestandard? :shy:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

NEVER!

Unless there is a greater need then mine, my wife's and kids multiplied

Mathematically expressed...

If My Needs/Concerns X Her Needs/Concerns X Kids Needs/Concerns > Reasons for Polygamy THEN consider

I'm an unmarried bachelor waiting for my sweet penelope.

I always did want an army of 24 kids (6 kids per 4 wives). I'll have my own little boot camp for them LOL ....just kidding. I think one is more than I can handle, I can barely take care of myself.

walaakum salaam

zarah

Islam
Staff member
I'm an unmarried bachelor waiting for my sweet penelope.

I always did want an army of 24 kids (6 kids per 4 wives). I'll have my own little boot camp for them LOL ....just kidding. I think one is more than I can handle, I could barely take care of myself.

LOl,Inshallah

wackyboy

I am an unmarried guy, I think one wife is more than sufficient, because marrying more would mean splitting everything amongst the wife equally including every breath, which I'm sure everyone would appreciate is a very hard task.

Globalpeace

Banned
Needs of others!

Asslamo Allaikum,

What about the needs of others?

I know Sisters who have FORCED their husbands into taking another wife (Honest!)

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
Asslamo Allaikum,

What about the needs of others?

I know Sisters who have FORCED their husbands into taking another wife (Honest!)

Whilst I don't actually know anyone who has ever done this, I can totally believe this. I guess another wife = a bit of shared help with the kids and housework, and a bit of time away from hubby! :astag: Cheeky wives! :)

kayleigh

I don't think polygamy is acceptable in some of the cases seen today. The only way I see it being OK is if there's a severe shortage of men (war, etc.) or there's a widow who can't support herself or her children, or one's wife can't have children and the man is, for some reason, totally opposed to adoption. I think that's why polygamy was permitted in the first place, but I think some men who have more than one wife abuse this. Yes, Islam allows it, that doesn't mean you can go and marry 2 or 3 or 4 wives for "fun" (well, it's not all that fun!).

I would be totally uncomfortable with my husband having more than one wife - doesn't matter if I was the first or the last wife. I would hope that my husband would consult me and seek my permission first if he ever wanted to take another wife. Even though he doesn't need my permission, I would never marry a man who seems like he would be that inconsiderate to my feelings. I would want my husbands affection to be going to another woman. And it's impossible to divide your love and affection exactly 50/50.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

Actually I know multiple Sisters in America who have done this; I must say mostly reverts but I also know of an Arab Sister.

No other wife lives in a different place and I know instances where they actually get along fine.

Just remembered! There is a Sister (Asian) in Bradford who have just done this to her husband...

So its not uncommon.

Whilst I don't actually know anyone who has ever done this, I can totally believe this. I guess another wife = a bit of shared help with the kids and housework, and a bit of time away from hubby! :astag: Cheeky wives! :)

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Mandarin started as a pictoral (pictures) alphabet as opposed to a phonetic alphabet (sound). The image for happiness, contentment is a little stick figure of a woman under a roof. Interestingly, the image for chaos, discord, disorder is two women under a roof.....

But seriously, doesn't the Qu'aran say something about how you could never treat multiple wives equally and fairly?

Izzu

Am happily married to a gentle muslima and hope and pray that I can keep her happy (is not always easy .....lol)
Seriously one wife is enough,....alhamdulillah

*pink niqaabi*

completely 100% agree!!! i'm married and my husband would know i'd kill him if he even thought about it, he told me he only wants one wife anyway so thats ok...and if he did want another wife he'd know i'd divorce him straight away!!! harsh but not really at all if u think about it. hes mine alllllllllllllllll mine! lol!

amy

My personal opinion is NO, i think one man with one woman! I am not married but when i am that would deff not be happening in my relationship, im pretty sure i wil be more than enough!
But either way each to there own, whatever works for you as an individual you should go with, aslong as the wife is happy with the situation!

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
i am unmarried and i am 15.i am sort of against polygamy because i think it is bad to have multiple wives for no reason BUT if ur wife cannot bear a child,man marrying widow etc..is when the man should go ahead WITH THE WIFES constent...other than that i think is very bad especially if the wife is unaware of the 2nd marriage...that would be so rude to the wife

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
hell naw!!!

I am an unmarried girl and my views on polygamy is simple, if Allah sw says yes, then I say likewise. I live by the ayat that states it is unbefitting for a believer to have an option in a matter which Allah and His Messenger have ordered. However, Allah sw has made polygamy unlawful without the approval of the first wife (WOOHOOO!!! thank god for that!) because I personally could never live in a ploygamous relationship. I can understand why some people would, such as those in third world countries who have no technological accessories, hence, an 'extra' wife in such circumstances would be much appreciated. Guys, just think of it the other way even though I know it's haram, how would you like it if your wife had a second husband in addition to you? HOw would u like it? Any sane person would hate it. Towards the end of the world when women increase in number, then maybe I would consider it ok but until then I say nahi nahi.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
i am unmarried and i am 15.i am sort of against polygamy because i think it is bad to have multiple wives for no reason BUT if ur wife cannot bear a child,man marrying widow etc..is when the man should go ahead WITH THE WIFES constent...other than that i think is very bad especially if the wife is unaware of the 2nd marriage...that would be so rude to the wife

I disagree with Polygamy as well. Personally, if my wife couldn't bare a child, I would be okay with it. However, I still wouldn't resort to polygamy. Really never for that matter. If I saw that the need for a child in the family was really important, than I would adopt a child.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^ You need to look up adoption in Islam. You must make it clear from day one that you (and your wife) are not the chlid's real father. However, looking after orphans or needy children are strongly encouraged.

Also, we must keep in mind that polygyny is permissible in Islam; but that does not mean you must practice it or it's even recommended (you'll have an entire new category of questioning if you have more than one wife). But yeah, you only said you disagree with it for yourself; I hope nobody starts to assume things and we have a copy-paste of articles rush.

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
I am an unmarried man. With regards to polygamy I'm not against it 'cause it was permitted by Allah swt and his Messenger sws. For me it's more of a preference and personally I'll stick with only one wife, enough to raise our children to be the best muslim and muslimah they are, and me as a complete ME and with a complete eeman (that's all what I want, nothing more).

Status
Not open for further replies.