Chapter 1

Apollonia

My username is APOLLONIA
I am 20 yrs old female in USA
I study communication/film at a university

I've studied many religions and recently I woke up one morning and became extremely interested in Islam. I had many Muslim friends in highschool and they were some of the kindest people I've known.

I do not know any Arabic as of yet. I want to learn. So I bought two Arabic language books on Amazon.com (yet to recieve them). [Also I have become addicted to YouTube.com and have seen many Arabic music video. I love Arabic music! And it makes me sad I have no idea what they are saying.]

I do not have a Quran and have never read it. There is a Quran I have my eyes on (translation + commentary included, and the reviews all say it's the best one out there to learn from) So I think I will invest in it.

So I hope to learn all there is to learn.
;)

MightyMujahid

Salam!

Arabic music or Islamic nasheeds can be very heartwarming to listen to. Personally, i think the best form of music is that which the words have good meaning like Dawud Warnsby Ali and Yusuf Islam. (both reverts to Islam)

You will find many translations or literations of the Quran which can sometimes differ. The most benefecial form of learning the Quran is to recite first in Arabic so it's always easier to be with someone who can teach you.

I hope you continue to enjoy the music, i'm sure you'll be able to pick up some words by listening!

Massalams,

Muhammad.

Apollonia

Hello! Thank you for your quick post!

My school which is quite small for a university (20,000 students) actually has arabic language courses. I am contemplating taking Arabic courses in school. [I'm currently finishing up my German courses.]

I learn languages on my own but I think it would really help to have a teacher/tutor, like you mentioned.

:)

Al-shihri

God luck mate

what I can say is that, May Allah Help you to learn this language and to get what you want soon than later.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:bismillah:

:salam2:

Welcome to the website!:)

Well goodluck on trying to learn arabic,I am trying to learn it myself I know bits and bob.

I know how to read it but I don`t understand the meaning.(I know some of the easy words):biggrin:

:wasalam:

MightyMujahid

A university of 20,000 students is huge compared to UK standards! Arabic used to be the language of learning and still is! If only the Muslim countries of this world gave more of an emphasis on teaching it to thier subjects.

Good luck on the German though, i have been to Germany a few times, it boast a population of 5 million muslims, Mash'Allah.. oh, and nice Kebabs!

AishaR

:salam2:

Welcome to the site sister. Good luck with the arabic, I am in the same situ myself. May we both be guided to learn the naive language.

:wasalam:

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
salaaaaaam

salam sister,
hab gesehen, dass du Deusch gelernt hast, das freut mich :)
willkommen und viel Spaß bei uns .
salam