Married Sisters

umm hussain

Dear Sister with a husband,

I also ask my sisters, that in the society where there are huge challenge facing Muslims, particularly your fellow sisters, who are suffering beyond torment, yet they hold onto patience like a warm garment in the winter night. Do you declare that your love and loyalty for Allah and His Messenger? Do you say that my world and I are sacrifice in the way of Allah? Then, do you not love for your fellow sister what you love for yourself? Do you not want your sister to have the basic needs of a comforting home, a safe shelter, a full stomach, so that they may praise Allah for His bounty? Do you not want to adopt a sister who is closer to you then blood, a connection of the heart, a connection of the soul, a relationship forged for the sake of Allah? Surely, this would be your sacrifice in the way of Allah for a reward which can not be measured as the mercy of Allah and His generosity is beyond measure.

If you are fed-up of hearing your husband go-on about a second wife, teasing or joking about it. This is also a good way to stop him in his tracks. Say, ‘praise is to Allah’, this is a Sunnah of Allah messenger that I shall not deny, and I shall encourage you to enjoy what has been made halal. Say to the Brother that you will choose a wife for him, one that is in need of a husband and one who isn’t able to get one for social or other reasons (for example, a widow, single mother, sister with disability etc). If the brother agrees, then he is a brother of taqwah (seeks the pleasure of Allah) and a brother who will not take anything away from you in your relationship with him, will be just and balanced husband. If he disagrees, then your problem is solved… no more digs, teases or jokes about a second wife.

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
assalamu alaikum sister,

wow, it seems as if I just responded to a similar thread...lol. I am happy to see that your solution to the question is the answer to the problem I have with a second wife. I would not want a second wife who was unwanted by the first.

wa salam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
Masha Allah sister...May Allah bless us all and guide us in the path of RIghteousness