where is the strangest place you have prayed?

Fardowsa

Simple Muslimah
* on some street.

* some of the female bathrooms in my uni have a little room or space before the actual bathroom....its pretty neat.....they at times got nice comfy seats there and all lol, so yah I always prayed asr/maqrib there about two days a week.

*Courtyards

*Gym locker room ( prayed there few times, it is was horrible, I hope my prayer was accepted....its just not the best place for prayer....but I had no choice).

abou haytam

* on some street.

* some of the female bathrooms in my uni have a little room or space before the actual bathroom....its pretty neat.....they at times got nice comfy seats there and all lol, so yah I always prayed asr/maqrib there about two days a week.

*Courtyards

*Gym locker room ( prayed there few times, it is was horrible, I hope my prayer was accepted....its just not the best place for prayer....but I had no choice).

Question:
I live in a non-Muslim country and find some difficulty when the time of prayer comes while I am outside home as there are not always nearby mosques everywhere you go. A lot of sisters (including myself) have no solution but to pray in the fitting rooms of the shops, or sometimes in the nursing rooms where mums change the nappies for their babies. The problem is that sometimes these nursing rooms have a special section (a corner in the room) where there is a toilet for children. Is it OK to pray there away from the toilet, or is it still considered a "Najis" place? Also can a muslim woman pray in an open park or car parking? I do not feel shy about my religion and I do not care about people seeing me, but I sometimes feel shy when non-muslims stand and stare as if you are doing a show! I am also worried that it could be haraam for a muslim woman to pray in front of men.We try to avoid these situations as much as we can, but sometimes we cannot. What should a sister do in these situations?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

It was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that it is haraam to pray in certain places, including bathrooms. It is not permissible to pray in them. It was narrated in a saheeh report from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that he said: “All the earth is a mosque except for graveyards and bathrooms.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, al-Salaah, 291; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 262). “Bathroom” refers to every place that is used for the purpose of relieving oneself; it is not permissible to pray in any such place. This room on the edge of which there is a toilet is not considered to be a bathroom so long as there is a barrier between it and the bathroom, with a wall and door etc. In this case prayer in that room is valid, because the prohibition on praying in bathrooms is because they are usually naajis (impure), and this room is not like that. And Allaah knows best.

What indicates that prayer in this place and elsewhere is valid is the hadeeth in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The earth has been made a place of prayer and a means of purification for me, so wherever a man is when the time for prayer comes, let him pray.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Tayammum, 323). So prayer in that place is valid, and it is also valid in parks and parking lots, on condition that the place in which one prays is taahir (pure, clean).

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked, if there is a bathroom in front of a person in the direction of the qiblah, is it o.k. to pray facing it? He said: The prayer is valid and there is nothing wrong with that, rather what is forbidden is to pray inside the bathroom.

See Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, vol. 2, p. 196.

One thing to which attention must be paid is that a woman should uncover her face when praying, especially when she is among other women or her mahrams. But if she is praying in a place where men can see her, then she should cover her face whilst praying. See the answer to question no. 21803.

Secondly: you will be rewarded, in sha Allah, for your keenness to do the prayers on time. Undoubtedly the Muslim is obliged to do the prayers on time. And you have to make yourself feel that you are obeying Allaah when you are praying.

Your adherence to the truth and your establishing prayer and not feeling shy to worship openly may be the means of guiding some of the non-Muslims who see you to Islam, in which case you will have a reward equal to theirs in sha Allaah.

May Allaah help us and you to do all that is good.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

abou haytam

salam brothers and sisters.

i am pround of you, cuz i don t have enough courage `` or iman `` to do like you. but I think that there is things to consider for praying and place to pray.

i am trying to post some Fatwa`` answer of question `` about where to pray.

here are some Fatwa and you can go to
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=2063&ln=eng&txt=place to pray

and type a keyword and you incha allah you will get huge quantity of information.

Question:
Is it permissible for us to pray in a place where there are images and we are not able to destroy these images?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is OK to pray there, especially if these images are something that may be stepped on, such as images on mattresses or other images that may be walked on and stepped on. This is OK, as was clearly stated by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah. But if the pictures are in front of you when you face the Qiblah, this is makrooh, but the prayer is still valid, in sha Allaah, and that is OK. If you can find a place where there are no images, that is better, but if you cannot, and you pray (in the place where there are images), the prayer will be valid and there will be no sin on you. And Allaah knows best.

Question:
A man has an apartment in which there is a bookstore containing copies of the Holy Qur’aan. But there is a sewage pipe which passes beneath this apartment. Is it permissible to pray and recite Qur’aan there or not? Please advise us, may Allaah reward you with good.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with this so long as (the apartment) is separate (from the pipe). Al-Imaam al-Muwaffaq, the author of al-Mughni and of al-Sharh al-Kabeer, said: It is permissible to use the area above the roof of the pipe and similar places, because the pipe is beneath and there is a roof over it. It is not allowed to pray in toilets and similar places, but according to the correct view, it is permissible to pray and read Qur’aan on the roof over them, as we have stated above. Some scholars said that it is not permissible to do that, but the correct view, in sha Allaah, is that it is OK. And Allaah knows best.

Question:
As-salamu alaikun,
I would like to know if there is any verdict concerning sleeping after fajr salat? (subuh)
Shukran. Jazakukmul-lahu khairan.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

As far as a person’s sleeping after praying Fajr is concerned, no text (of Qur’aan or hadeeth) has been reported to indicate that this is prohibited, so the general principle applies (i.e., everything is permitted except that which has been expressly forbidden).

But the practice of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his Companions after praying Fajr was to remain sitting in the place where they had prayed until the sun rose, as is reported in Saheeh Muslim (1/463) in the hadeeth of Sammaak ibn Harb, who said: “I asked Jaabir ibn Samurah, ‘Did you used to sit with the Messenger of Allaah?’ He said, ‘Yes, frequently. He would not get up from the place where he had prayed Subh until the sun rose. When the sun rose, he would get up. They used to talk about things that had happened during the Jaahiliyyah, and they would laugh and smile.’”

Also, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asked his Lord to bless his ummah in the mornings, as is reported in the hadeeth of Sakhr al-Ghaamidi, who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O Allaah, bless my ummah in the mornings.’ Whenever he sent out troops or an army, he would send them at the beginning of the day.’” Sakhr was a trader, and he used to send out his caravans at the beginning of the day, and he did well as a result and made money.” (Reported by Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi and Ibn Maajah, with an isnaad in which there is some jahaalah (i.e., one narrator is unknown); corroborating evidence is to be found in a hadeeth narrated by ‘Ali, Ibn ‘Umar, Ibn ‘Abbaas, Ibn Mas’ood and others, may Allaah be pleased with them all.)

For this reason some of the salaf disliked the idea of sleeping after Fajr. Ibn Abi Shaybah reported in his Musannaf (5/222, no. 25442) with a saheeh isnaad from ‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr that he said: “Al-Zubayr used to forbid his children to sleep in the morning.” ‘Urwah said: “I do not hear of any man who sleeps in the morning, but I lose interest in that person.”

In summary then, people should make the most of this time which can bring many benefits in this world and in the Hereafter, but if a person sleeps at this time to gain strength to do his work, there is nothing wrong with this, especially if it is not easy for him to sleep at any other time of the day. Ibn Abi Shaybah reported in his Musannaf (5/223, no. 25454) from the hadeeth of Abu Yazeed al-Madeeni who said: “Umar came to Suhayb one morning and found him sleeping, so he sat down until he woke up. Suhayb said: ‘The Ameer al-Mu’mineen is sitting in his place and Suhayb is sleeping!’ ‘Umar said to him: ‘I did not like to disturb your sleep that could be beneficial for you.’”

As for sleeping after ‘Asr, this is also permitted; there is no saheeh hadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to indicate that sleeping at this time is prohibited.

As for the words, “Whoever sleeps after ‘Asr and loses his mind as a result has no-one to blame but himself,” which are attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), this is a false hadeeth and there is no proof that these words were uttered by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). See: Silsilat al-Da’eefah, no. 39.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Assalamu alaikum Brothers and Sisters,

I am posting this fatwa just because I noticed in some posts ''praying in the car'' was mentioned.

Praying in cars and on planes​

Question:
I am a woman, I live in one city and I travel with my husband to another city for some purpose or to walk about and go shopping. Sometimes the time for Maghrib or ‘Isha comes and we go and look for a mosque that has room for women to pray, but sometimes we cannot find such a place. So my husband prays but I cannot find a place to pray. Allaah knows that we look hard but unfortunately as I said sometimes we have no success, so I pray in the car sitting down. My question is, is my prayer offered in this manner valid, knowing that I have done this more than once? Please advise me.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

What you did is not correct, because standing when one is able to do so is an essential part of the prayer. You could pray in the mosque, in the men’s room, after the men have left. If you cannot find a mosque then you can pray on the ground in any place.

Praying in cars, planes, trains or other means of conveyance, where one cannot face the qiblah or pray standing, is not permissible in the case of obligatory prayers unless two conditions are met:

1 – There should be the fear that the time for the obligatory prayer will end before reaching your destination. But if you will reach your destination before the time for prayer is over, you should wait until you get there to pray.

2 – It should not be possible to get off and pray on the ground. If it is possible to do so then you must do that.

If these two conditions are met, then it is permissible to pray in the vehicle. The evidence for it being permissible to pray in this case is the general meaning of the verses in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope”

[al-Baqarah 2:286]

“So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can”

[al-Taghaabun 64:16]

“and [Allaah] has not laid upon you in religion any hardship”

[al-Hajj 22:78]

If it is said, If I am allowed to pray in these vehicles, should I face the qiblah and should I pray sitting even though I am able to stand? The answer is:

If you are able to face the qiblah throughout the prayer, then you must do that, because it is a condition of an obligatory prayer being valid whether one is travelling or not. See Question no. 10945.

If it is not possible to face the qiblah throughout the prayer, then fear Allaah as much as you can and do your best, because of the evidence narrated above.

This has to do with obligatory prayers. With regard to supererogatory (naafil) prayers, the matter is more relaxed; it is permissible for the Muslim to pray in the vehicles mentioned no matter what direction they are facing, even if he could get down on the ground at some times, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray naafil prayers on his mount no matter what direction it was facing. Jaabir narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “used to pray voluntary prayers when he was riding without facing the qiblah.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1094). But it is better to face the qiblah when starting to pray a naafil prayer, if that is possible when travelling.

See Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 8/124

With regard to offering obligatory prayers sitting down when one is able to stand, that is not permissible because of the general meaning of the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And stand before Allaah with obedience”

[al-Baqarah 2:238]

and because of the hadeeth of ‘Imraan ibn Husayn, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him:

“Pray standing; if you cannot, then sitting; and if you cannot then lying on your side.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1117).

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 8/126.

Islam Q&A

suumaya

Asalamu alaikum

Jazakallah khair brother Happy 2ba Muslim for the fatwa, i sometimes pray in the car but now i know that i can't do that anymore so thank you.

truefaith101

~*~I Love Islam~*~
alsslamualykum everyone:
how do you pray sitting? i mean, how do you perform the prayer, like sujood and rokoo' if you were in a plane?
jazakum allhu khier
wasslam

danial

wow. ppl pray in such weird places. this just goes to show that the members of TTI i strong iman and are strong willed!

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
:salam2:
the strangest place I prayed in actually on is on a tent (above a tent really believe me) it`s when we ( me and my friends ) were finished camping we wanted to take our stuff from the desert (camping place) and while we are opening the tents it was the pray time and the upper part of the tent was down on the ground so we pray on it , now it make sense :)

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
salam,

i know it's wrong to come from school and then pray the prayers you haven't prayed. but what can i say it's what i do when i come from my highschool. my school is not that big, we have i think eight floors bt they are very small. they all have the same things; bathrooms small hallways which are always occupied by students that don't have classes and cleaners. and the classrooms are occupied as well. we do have a big teachersroom but that's off course only for the teachers, no students are allowed.

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum
hmmm well it would be ,
camping trip in mountains ,,,,i prayed asr, magrib and isha prayers ,outside the tent but isha would be the one i would say ,.coz was windy ,( so many noises and scary trying to concentrate on prayers ,being all alone hehe ) dark ,,,,,oh was a prayer to remember
then a was out on a day trip with family ,and found a plain big rock facing QIblah ,hehe ,by the stream side ,
then again ,hiking day out with family and prayed on my sweat shirt ,,,
but the most difficult of all is the one leading prayers ,,,
hmmm ,,dont think those are really strange ones anyways ,but the peace of mind ,wow ,,

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
LoL when I'm on the computer and a Sajdah verse comes, I pause the video, then go into my favorite place to do Salat (Namaz), and I make Sajdah. :D Yeah, I sometimes did Salat on the bed. Like when I was in Bangladesh I did that a lot whenever I was at home and not busy going into the Madrashahs and talking to the Huzurs, LoL. :D

Salika

~mUsLiMaH~

i once prayed in a storage room place inside a gas station store. it was very uncomfortable!

Steve940

A couple of months ago I prayed in my school principals office while he's sitting at his desk looking at me. A little bit awkward but alhamdulilah

Mumin01

- The mall a few times

- a parking lot

- a shopping center

- guidance office in my school

- parking complex

- six flags great adventure

- my school cafeteria lol

loads of places

massi

in the street... :lol: it was salat el djnaza ... salt el ..Aid or friday
on bed ...:lol: of course it's nafila ...:lol:
on the roof of masdjed ...when it ll be full ...:lol:
on the ladder in the mosque ...ect

Al Qassimi

It was the center of my university, a place called the HUB. Everyone pass's by, I prayed near the stairs. It was awesome

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Mashallah these are all great stories. LoL Funny, and very interesting. I would've continued doing Salat at school, but I have a feeling that school is a dirty place for Salat. Like for one: Let's say that somebody ties their shoe on a chair. That person who sits on the chair sits on the cafeteria chair, another person sits there and sits and walks everywere around.

And not only that, school is a dirty place because it is full of HARAAM. Like some ew! Gosh I just HATE having to describe it, Astagfirullah! But Mashallah Allah Ta Alla has made my heart firm on Islam! And Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar that these things are NOTHING to me, doesn't matter if some idiot brought over some Haraam you know what like Takeela or from Los Angeles, or even pointed a gun atme and would kill me if I didn't oblige, because I WON'T, and I'd rather be shot dead, because that shot in my head came from me standing firm for Allah Ta Alla, and I'd ahve taken my Shuhadah, and verily Allah Ta Alla shall be very pleased with me!

So that's why I hate schools. I called them Infidel schools, because I used that word Infidel as meanign Ignorant (even though it means someone not from your religion :p), and then it's like that. Now a days I call it Fitnah wa Al Jahiliya schools.
May Allah TA Alla protect us from this evil!

Jazakallah Kyr and Barakallahu Feek for reading, Assalamu alykum.