what do you guys think about Dubai

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Thats it. Plus its a dump anyway and seems to be they way some brothers and sisters have described it.

Wasalam

When I think of Dubai, I think of one of the signs of the final hour, as occurs in the hadeeth,

"Wa'an tara al-hufaata al-`uraata al-`aalata Ri`aa'a ash-shaa'i yatataawaloona fil-bunyaan" - "and that you will see barefooted, naked destitute shepherds competing in constructing lofty buildings" Saheeh Muslim and it is the second hadeeth in An-Nawawi's 40.​

misalat

:salam2:
brothers and sister!
Still i may not have understood very well the intention of what and why Dubai? Even though i have lived in Dubai for several years ... obviously there are good and bad like any other places we can think of. to be honest, i admire Dubai people - i mean the original arabs. they are so hamble, polite etc. however they have invited people of all walk ... rich, poor, muslim or non-muslim ... and hence, there is allot allot of evil practices that is arrived with all these people coming from all over the world.
Masjids are found every corner of the city, there are christian churches, hindus temple, etc ...................

for now, i had to call it a day and say bye to dubai ...
sorry, but this is to my experience in Dubai.

ma ' a salaama

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
assalam, i meant on another thread dear brother about heinz something am half arab brother ich weiss was du meinst;)

wassalam
salam alaykum

Oh I didn't know that, what can I say, and I am not! Teach me some more arabic then. :)

@sister amy

Is that true? sister!!:SMILY29:

wasalaam.

halah

When I think of Dubai, I think of one of the signs of the final hour, as occurs in the hadeeth,

"Wa'an tara al-hufaata al-`uraata al-`aalata Ri`aa'a ash-shaa'i yatataawaloona fil-bunyaan" - "and that you will see barefooted, naked destitute shepherds competing in constructing lofty buildings" Saheeh Muslim and it is the second hadeeth in An-Nawawi's 40.​

That's absolutely correct.

visionusman

being content
When my father first visited Abu Zabhi, it had yet to see the benefits of it's oil treasures and most of thier resources had not been tapped yet. He has been there quite a few times since. And once he shared with me a Hadith of the Prophet SAW about those beduoin people.

The Prophet SAW said (the meaning of the hadith; because I now don't remember the exact words. Will check later) that the bare footed destitute arabs (or beduoins perhaps), will compete in the construction of lofty buildings. This was amongst the signs of the hour that was narrated by the messenger SAW when Hazrat Jibril AS visited the ummah. My father just commented that the very same generation which used to walk bar footed in the desert and used to filter water through layers of cloth, because it was so dirty now had multi storied sky scrapers.

My comment is to not look too deep in to their shape. It is however a sign of the promised hour.

Abu Hannah

Slave of Allah
Born in Dubai

Hey folks. I was born and raised in Dubai. Number 1 thing that sucks is that you don't get any rights or citizenship there. Number 2 is that you don't even get residenct there if you were born there. I mean, once you turn 18 and if you are not working you are out. If you work and lose your job, you are out. The place was built by asian expatriates, but a lot of the time they are treated like 3rd class citizens.

It is soooooooooooo materialistic. The money there is unreal. Vices galore. It is like money money money and more money. Islam is going to struggle to keep its place there.

there are more then 80% foregners.dont the muslim have some reflex from them. may be sisters wear hijab or something like this but what they have in their heart?
now a days there are many countries where hijab is now just a sign of culture .

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
When my father first visited Abu Zabhi, it had yet to see the benefits of it's oil treasures and most of thier resources had not been tapped yet. He has been there quite a few times since. And once he shared with me a Hadith of the Prophet SAW about those beduoin people.

The Prophet SAW said (the meaning of the hadith; because I now don't remember the exact words. Will check later) that the bare footed destitute arabs (or beduoins perhaps), will compete in the construction of lofty buildings. This was amongst the signs of the hour that was narrated by the messenger SAW when Hazrat Jibril AS visited the ummah. My father just commented that the very same generation which used to walk bar footed in the desert and used to filter water through layers of cloth, because it was so dirty now had multi storied sky scrapers.

My comment is to not look too deep in to their shape. It is however a sign of the promised hour.

I quoted the hadeeth (or the specific part rather) on the first page. Did you reply without reading it lol. Mind you that story is interesting, that your father knew them themselves, to be barefooted.

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA

I lived in Abu Dhabi for a while, dropped into Dubai a few times. Didn't like most of it (please search for my previous posts for a full-length description on why I didn't like it...).

I really don't understand the obsession with it...by everyone. Muslims, non-Muslims, men, women, rich, poor...all seem to be obsessed with this unremarkable and rather crass city. There are some wonderful sights, even if most of them are money-making, man-made attractions such as the ludicrous architechture, but there's so much else in this world that is much more remarkable, beneficial, and educational for us to see - in Muslim lands and non-Muslim lands.

A stupidly luxurious hotel building makes me go 'wow' (if you think Dubai's Burj Al-Arab is sick, check out Abu Dhabi's Emirates Palace Hotel. The money they spent on that crass thing could have fed every person in the world for at least a day! It ran into billions of dollars.)

But a gorgeous sunset, a captivating ocean, or just the rain makes me go 'wooooow'. Because not only are they Allah's firsthand, natural creations, but they also stir the senses. It's a much better feeling than the 'bigger and better' culture in the Gulf right now.

Can we get over Dubai once and for all, please? :hearts:

I would recommend a visit to those who have the time/money, but those who don't...you're really not missing out!

:wasalam:

zOaib

Sainte_786
brothers and sister!
Still i may not have understood very well the intention of what and why Dubai? Even though i have lived in Dubai for several years ... obviously there are good and bad like any other places we can think of. to be honest, i admire Dubai people - i mean the original arabs. they are so hamble, polite etc. however they have invited people of all walk ... rich, poor, muslim or non-muslim ... and hence, there is allot allot of evil practices that is arrived with all these people coming from all over the world.
Masjids are found every corner of the city, there are christian churches, hindus temple, etc ...................

for now, i had to call it a day and say bye to dubai ...
sorry, but this is to my experience in Dubai.

ma ' a salaama

i lived in dubai for over 8 years , and to be honest apart from all the development it is a great place to live if you have a nice job i can educate my kids in arabic schools with a good islamic overlook , like u said there is good and bad everywhere , just because it has a lot to offer the westerners who come there doesnt mean its a satans house ........... if u consider dubai to be the satan's house then most of you living in UK and USA like myself are even worse off where we have to fend for our children 24/7 from the too liberal and Godless environment, atleast in Dubai i heard the azaan and could go to macdonalds and eat halal big macs.

justoneofmillion

Hmmmm....:SMILY26:

We have to keep an eye on this one!

Brother Sindbad what do you say about this now?!:SMILY105:

wasalaam.
assalam,i think you should give me my crown back:SMILY105: brother i can`t be Tom and Gerry at the same time and plus am sure u know how some of us love holding on to power just kidding...lol as she said F.L.N new millenium version headquarters IEU:SMILY129:

ps.sis amy funduk=hotel is masculin

wassalam

maymun

MAY ALLAH SAFE US ALL FROM THIS FITNNAH

asalaahu allaikm to u all of my dear brothers and sisters in islam
sunhaanallah there is big big fitmmah going around right now the world e live in wether is muslim coutry or others.So let is make dua that allah guide us all to the right path and guide muslim leaders
and safe dubai and its peaole this fitnnnah of mataa`lquruur walaahu a`lam

Sugarloves

I've lived in UAE over 7 years now (mostly in Abu Dhabi). I avoid Dubai like the plague! I agree there is good and bad everywhere, but everytime I've been in Dubai it's made me crazy! I'm not too fond of Abu Dhabi, either, but it's got a long ways to go to be as bad as Dubai. Apologies to anyone my opinion offends, as this has just been my personal experience.

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA
How do you find Abu Dhabi?

Cleaner, nicer, purer (both in terms of religion and in terms of physical surroundings), more scenic (stand at the breakwater and look over to the city on a clear day, you'll know what I mean), a little cheaper, less busy, more friendly, less snobby :)

:wasalam:

khalkhan

Thoughts

Assalaamualaikum, yes been to Dubai my true thoughts of this place is a land of apportunities from a business point. Very modern many new beautiful buildings. Very cosmopolitan place. Myself come from a modern city too.

But I am very scared what it may turn into. Firstly the Big Cross at the Arabian Sea and I was told the owner could not change the design as he
had an agreement with the designer. Hey money can almost buy many things so why don't the owner buy the designer out. I heard the designer is French or something like that so he is just making a statment with that design.

And when Friday comes after noon prayer some ppl would go to the Jumeriah Beach to goggled at bikini clad women for sun bathing.Club and drinking are many to cater for the foreigners there.

Before Dubai I was in Shiraz , Iran and there too I was saw crosses sign in an unused mosque. There were little crosses all over the mosque painted wall. And again I was told it a French designer too who did that long time ago.

What I had seen and read about the Middleast is they may be a huge Muslim
populations but some of them are far from Islamic in life or value. They may not need non Muslim to destroy them as they are doing fine by themselves.
Am very disturb and sadden by this. I can only make dua' for Muslim and Muslimah all over the world whether alive or dead.

Sorry if offended anyone as I point out it a personal thoughts.

Wassalam :SMILY252:

apocalypse77

I found out Dubai is a biggest haven for satans in the Muslim World, I am not joking there is sooo much corruption, islamically, such as drinking, drugs, lies, you will find people who have filthy rich either from drugs or can just say DONS of the world have major connections with Dubai, by money, hiding large sums of filthy cash. etc....

Th4e back end of the burj al arab hotel imitates a cross, there are quranic scritures in hallways of burj al arab hotel, and there are some big paries going on sometimes, such as celebrity parties who spash millions in one night either drinking, sex and drugs.

After my investigation, the UAE is under one of the worlds largest earth quake platau or earthquake faultlines, and I think it was in early 2006, Dubai shook violently, Abu Dhabi had some casualties and some buildings had damages, this has happened few times that Dubai shakes, especially from shockwaves from Iran earthquakes.

There are centres in UAE who are monitoring this and they say that the new developments they are doing shouldn't be affected, are testing Allah's will here??

I have been there two times and I wouldn't go again, it is for people who are lavish and people who think they are on top of everyone else, I personally know some English who have been there and from what they told me I felt absolutely discusted about that place and I have decided not to visit Dubai anymore for holidays.

well they wana have east meets west ( progressive western outlook with arabic traditions) at the same time and im not surprise at this to promote tourism so