Greetings from Malaysia

Azra

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah hiwabarakatuh

:salam2:

@Ukhti Azra

How's Brunei? Baik-baik?

Alhamdullilah, everything's well in Brunei: "The Abode of Peace" :tti_sister:

Which part of Indonesia are you from Akhi Irvan?

Wassalam.

Irvan

Alhamdulillah ukhti Nur, just silly question; why Perak is called Perak (Silver)? is it because large amount of Perak deposit there?

@ukhti Azra

I grew up in Jakarta, went to school in Bandung West Java, and now working in small town called Cilegon on northwestern tip of west java.

which part of Brunei r u from? to be honest i'm curious of how's life inside sultan's palace there... do you have like royalty (bangsawan) system in Brunei's society and do you have tittle for royalty?

Because most people with Malay background here still keep the royalty system; Datuk (Padang), Tengku (Aceh), Daeng/Andi (Bugis) etc.

ummsami89

Salam aliakum sister Nur. I am sister Jamie and I am from the states. You will love this website. Maashallah its the best muslim website around. inshallah. keep in touch. I live in Indiana and I am a convert of 7 years. . alhumduillallah.

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
this is the answer:

Perak is often called the "Silver State" as perak is the Malay word for "silver". It was the senior state of the Federation though much of its administrative glory has departed to Kuala Lumpur. Perak's ancient name was Gangga-Negara, a Sanskrit word meaning "A City on the Ganges". It is belived to have been situated near the present-day Bruas. It is said that the son of Marong Mahawangsa, Ganji Serjuna, went southwards as the head of an expedition and established a settlement called Gangga-Negara

It is said that when tin ore was first smelted, the tin that was first seen was white in colour, like silver, and the people called perak. However, this name was not used until after 1529.

When the son of Sultan Mahmud Shah, was driven away from Kampar on the death of this father, he took refuge at Klang, and hence was taken to perak and made its first ruler as Sultan Muzafffar Shah. Whilst still ruler of Malacca, Sultan Mahmud Shah had conquered first Bruas and then Manjang and had given both places to the ruler of Bruas. Sultan Mahmud Shah complained to his Bendahara that this ruler of Bruas and Manjung no longer acknowledge him as overlord. In maps prior to 1561 this area is marked as "Perat". Bruas is the name of a river, and in the area watered by this river was small town. In earlier times Bruas was once the capital of a powerful Kingdom. The legends of Perak relate the downfall of this old city situated on the Perak River estuary. The new village of Bruas is many kilometers seaward of the old site. Bruas is remembered as the place from which the great Malay rulers, the Bendaharas of old Melaka, founded the present Perak Dynasty.

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
Salam aliakum sister Nur. I am sister Jamie and I am from the states. You will love this website. Maashallah its the best muslim website around. inshallah. keep in touch. I live in Indiana and I am a convert of 7 years. . alhumduillallah.

:salam2: sister Jamie. Alhamdulillah.. thanks to Allah for choosing you to be a Muslimah. :blackhijab: keep in touch! ^_^

Azra

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah hiwabarakatuh

@ukhti Azra

I grew up in Jakarta, went to school in Bandung West Java, and now working in small town called Cilegon on northwestern tip of west java.

which part of Brunei r u from? to be honest i'm curious of how's life inside sultan's palace there... do you have like royalty (bangsawan) system in Brunei's society and do you have tittle for royalty?

Because most people with Malay background here still keep the royalty system; Datuk (Padang), Tengku (Aceh), Daeng/Andi (Bugis) etc.

Yes, we do still have the "royalty system" and I believe that Malaysia also has similar "system" like ours. The main difference between Malaysia and Brunei is that Brunei is a sultanate country meaning the Sultan is the ultimate leader in the country.

Wassalam.

harun

salamunalaykum
i would be glad to see you, insyallah
on 01.08.07 i will insyallah arrive kul int airport
you can write me an pm and i will tell you the details insyaallah

Mattasli

:salam2: Welcome to TTI sis nur, i'm came from yur neighouring country Singapore. I really envy Malaysia, such a nice country with good government.

mohamedqadar

welcom to tti insha allah you will have muslims friends around the world.

im from holland and wlc again