Editing?

Submitter

I'm not able to edit either. There is no edit button? The only three buttons are Quote, Multi-Quote and Quick Reply...

Submitter

Assalamu Alaykum,

you can only edit your own posts..... ??

Well I know I'm only supposed to be able to edit my own posts but I can't even do that at the moment bro. And it seems some others are/were having a similar problem. This screenshot may help:

screeny.JPG

Submitter

:salam2:

Haha yes I am logged in.

I'm no stranger to discussion boards since I have one on my own website, but I did initially think it was a problem with the forum style (I had a similar problem on my website). Tried changing from the default but it made no difference. I've also tried using 3 different browsers - the problem is present in all 3.

I'm running out of ideas!

:wasalam:

Submitter

Ah just had another thought.

Do permissions change as users' post count increases? It may be that I don't have permission to edit posts (and attach files RE: PM's) at this time. Could this be the issue?

Submitter

OK the edit button has now decided to appear. I think it may have been a permissions issue, and now that I've reached 15 posts I can now edit my posts and view other members' profiles (something I wasn't able to do before).

I still, however, cannot attach files to posts/new threads. I presume this will be possible once I reach another post count threshold.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

sorry for leaving you in the lurch for such a long time.

permissions for editing of posts is same for all.... i will need to check the settings.....

attachments are only available to users with over 35 posts. Jus be patient and help others and you will soon get to 35 inshaAllah. By helpin people it will also be seen as charity by Allah inshaAllah. May each good word give you a reward.

wasalam.

cedric098

Assalamu aleykum brother Mabsoot.

The appering-disappering edit button problem seems to continue!! Some of my posts don't come with an edit button... (And unfortunately always the ones I feel I need to edit :)

Anyway, I'll be happy if you can check it.

Submitter

:salam2:

Brother cedric, do you mean to say the edit button is present with some posts and not with others? If not, have you actually ever seen an edit button with your posts?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

lol :p

You can not edit posts which are over 1 day old.

We have strange server problems, sometimes Pictures might not show up, or you will get an error message.

We are going to move the website to another dedicated server probably tonight. So this site will be closed later on.. whilst i back everything up and move it to a better home inshaAllah! Make dua that our new server is much better than this one and doesnt cause any problems... and more importantly that its worth the 100s of dollars i am going to have to pay lol.

Wasalam.

cedric098

Well, I can't edit even the post I wrote in the past 10 seconds..Insaallah we will have no problems with the new server...