UK Academics Reject Muslim Witch-hunt

IbnAlAawam

:salam2:

UK Academics Reject Muslim Witch-hunt

Britain's largest association for academics is against playing a policing role for the government against Muslim students, warning such measures fan anti-Muslim racism, The Daily Telegraph said on Tuesday, May 29. The University and College Union (UCU) will issue a motion during its annual conference later Tuesday that none of its 120,000 members would spy on suspected Muslim students.

It will reaffirm opposition to "the ethnic profiling of students and staff for immigration control or security purposes".

The union will also condemn the government's attempts to use "members of staff for such witch hunts."

The British Education Ministry unveiled in November guidelines to tackle what it called "Islamic extremism" in universities, asking lecturers and university staff to spy on Muslim students.

The 20-page document encourages universities nationwide to proactively report students of suspicious involvement in "extremist" activities to special branches of local police.

It argues that Muslim students from "segregated" backgrounds are more likely to support "extremist" stances than their counterparts.

The Federation of Student Islamic Societies (FOSIS), which represents 90,000 Muslim students, has criticized the guidelines, insisting there was no evidence of extremism on campuses.

Racist

The UCU will affirm that the government policies are fueling Islamophobic attacks across the country.

"Racist and xenophobic tendencies in Britain" have received an "apparent promotion by government policies," the academics will say.

"Increasingly restrictive measures and the xenophobic language surrounding them" has led to an increase in racist attacks on Muslims.

The UCU will also affirm that "demonization" of Muslims is no way to defeat terrorism.
Britain is home to a sizable Muslim minority of nearly 2.0 million.

The minority has been in the eye of the storm since the terrorist attacks on London transport on July 7, 2005, killed 56 people, including four Muslim bombers.

Ever since, British Muslims have been increasing complaining of maltreatment by police for no apparent reason other than being Muslim, citing the routine stop-and-search operations.
:SMILY47:

:wavyarms:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
The Infidels of the UK are rascist Hitlers because a lot of them show racism towards people like being racist towards a man cause he's black or a Muslim and associating them with bombs, followed by raiding Masjids or harrassing Muslim women on the street and in the markets. So if we fight them, then we are fighting in the path of Allah, and for the sake of the honor of Islam and Allah.
And the police act like dolts too. When a Muslim women gets harassed, they don't care, but if a Muslim man helps a Muslim women by sticking up[ for hewr and fighting, he gets charged with a crime.

May Allah help us stop the Infidels and may Allah have the ground destroy under their feet. And Allah knows best.

Wa Salam.

IbnAlAawam

Wa Salam.

Salam alaykoum Abdul Hasib,

Nothing is either black or white. We share this planet with non-muslim, we have no choice but to get along which does not mean you have to abandon your religion.
As a Muslim it is our duty to support all that is good even if it is coming from a non muslim. Do not let your anger put all people in the same bag...Some non-Muslim love Muslims more than some "Muslims" do...

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

These so called Infidels are the ones who are sticking up for muslim rights as u can read from the above post!

how many Muslim groups did u hear opposing these measures how many so called muslim MPs did u hear standing out and saying no to this?

I think it is unjust of u to label the whole UK race as racist, i was born and raised here, Although my Parents are of Bangladeshi decent i have made many non muslim friends! and most of them are peace loving people!

the government and its people are two different bodies.

Yes they may not believe but this just shows how the muslim in the west are lacking in there jobs of Dawah!!!

Dont forget most of the Sahaba were Mushrikeen but through painstaking work by our beloved Messenger SAW, he made the worst of nations to the best!!

Brother i luv u for the sake of Allah, and this post is not an attack against u, but as a muslim it is my duty to stop an injustice against anyone be it a Muslim or a Kafir!!!

ps Racism is not only the lands of the nonbelievers but it is rife in our Muslim lands so we should tackle this CANCER of racism head on!!

Muslim Brother1

Salam Alykom Wa rahmatoh Allahi Wa Barakatoh..

Yes there is discrimination in UK, but lets not forget that UK with all its discrimination against muslims, yet its the best country where we are allowed to practise our religion comparing with other countries. Basically UK is not my country, but I have no right to complain because it aint my country full stop. I rather live in a muslim country where I am not being harrassed, but I will still face certain consequences. Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) suffered to bring us this beautiful religion Islam, we must stay strong and patience. I rather be discriminated than have bad health that affect my whole life, but Allah's wisdom is in every situation and every matter, ALhamudllah for being discriminated and alhamudllah for being ill......

Remain patience inshallah brother and sisters everywhere, because we take Ajar for being patience inshallah... ( Allah taa'la knows best)...

wa salam alykom wa rahmato allahi wa barakatoh...

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
salam

The Infidels of the UK are rascist Hitlers because a lot of them show racism towards people like being racist towards a man cause he's black or a Muslim and associating them with bombs, followed by raiding Masjids or harrassing Muslim women on the street and in the markets. So if we fight them, then we are fighting in the path of Allah, and for the sake of the honor of Islam and Allah.
And the police act like dolts too. When a Muslim women gets harassed, they don't care, but if a Muslim man helps a Muslim women by sticking up[ for hewr and fighting, he gets charged with a crime.

May Allah help us stop the Infidels and may Allah have the ground destroy under their feet. And Allah knows best.

Wa Salam.

are you a scholar?

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I think everyone took what I said the wrong way. For one thing I'm not calling the good non Muslims Infidels, I'm calling the ones that are racist against Muslims as Infidels. And by that I don't mean all the Kafirs, I know that a community has good people and bad people, Mushrik AND Mumin.

And I know that the gonvernment and Regimes are differant than the people, but a lot of times things happen, like the media making Muslims look like killers and stuff. That's why if you were in my palce, almost all the older Kafirs associate Muslims with bombs and terrorism, and that's what makes me mad. I'm also mad because I can't even do anything to them unless you think that ame, a 5 ft. 2 inch kid will be able to get jumped by another kid who's almost 7 ft tall! I could only beat a kid up who's my size unfortunately. :(

And when I saw Infidel shcools, I mean a school full of Jahiliyah, or ignorance.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
And Duad McGuire I hope your not trying to say somewthing negative about me. Because I'm not one, but I'm not the kind of guy like Harun Yahyah either.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Oh yeah I'd like to say ine more thing:

The Infidels of the UK

user expired said:
label the whole UK race as racist

I think you took it the wrong way brother when I said "The Infidels of the UK are racist" because I was referring to the Infidel people, not the whole of UK's people. And some Muslims here might feel offended because they live in the UK but I'm not blamig British people or something I'm blaming the anti Muslims.

Wa Salam.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
yet its the best country where we are allowed to practise our religion comparing with other countries

Well brother how bout America? We are allowed to practice our religion, (except the Muslim politics get shot at by racists) but is the US a great palce? I mean, I'd rather be in a good place were there are GOOD Muslims, and where the Muslims will have peace in.

But I'm also talking about the UK police because one brother on the site said that the police was going to charge him becasue these two guys who were attacking a Muslim women said that the brother was threatening them and even after some witnesses told the police what happended, the two got un charged.

Before I use to like the UK a lot, I thought it was a kind and tolerant palce where people get along with each other, but I was wrong. Ever since I've seen the video with the actor palying the role aof a Muslim women in public, and after hearing the stories of the racism against Muslims, I've stopped thinking that the UK was a great country. I thought it would be unlike America, but it isn't.

Wa SALAM.

ShaheedU

Extinct
Assalaamualaikum, Bismillaah.

Wow, akhi, i totally agree with everything you said. You describe the uk almost as if youve lived there!

Wa Salam.
Ameen. Wa alaikumassalaam

Salam alaykoum Abdul Hasib,
Do not let your anger put all people in the same bag...Some non-Muslim love Muslims more than some "Muslims" do...
Bro, you are describing a kaafir and a munafiq, we hate them both for the sake of Allaah and the munafiq even more so!

asalamualaykum,

These so called Infidels are the ones who are sticking up for muslim rights as u can read from the above post!
Wa alaikumassalaam,
These so called infidels ARE actually kaafir, and everything they do is kufr, because they ARE NOT muslim! None of their actions are for the sake of Allaah.

Let not the believers take the disbelievers as Auliya (supporters, helpers, etc.) instead of the believers, and whoever does that will never be helped by Allah in any way, except if you indeed fear a danger from them. And Allah warns you against Himself (His Punishment), and to Allah is the final return. (Aali Imran 3:28)
how many Muslim groups did u hear opposing these measures how many so called muslim MPs did u hear standing out and saying no to this?
I personally know muslim groups who oppose this, In fact there is a demonstration outside 10 downing st, on the 15th june 2007 opposing the oppression of the govt and the kuffar.
And one thing i do agree with, is when you put 'so-called' before muslim mp's.

I think it is unjust of u to label the whole UK race as racist, i was born and raised here, Although my Parents are of Bangladeshi decent i have made many non muslim friends! and most of them are peace loving people!

Do you feel happy about that?

O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya' (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but Auliya' to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya', then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong*!doers and unjust). (Al-Ma'idah 5:51)

Brother i luv u for the sake of Allah, and this post is not an attack against u, but as a muslim it is my duty to stop an injustice against anyone be it a Muslim or a Kafir!!!
Why did you put 'or a kaafir'?
Who has the convenant of security here?!!!

ps Racism is not only the lands of the nonbelievers but it is rife in our Muslim lands so we should tackle this CANCER of racism head on!!
Thats true, and this in my opinion is due to the lack of teaching Islam to our young ones.

Yes there is discrimination in UK, but lets not forget that UK with all its discrimination against muslims, yet its the best country where we are allowed to practise our religion comparing with other countries.
Basically UK is not my country,
I think that says it all bro, UK is NOT your country(where you live)

wa salam alykom wa rahmato allahi wa barakatoh...
wa alaikumassalaam wahrahamatullahi wabrakatuhu.

are you a scholar?
Dont think he is, but soon inshaAllaah.
Are you a scholar? I didnt realise you had to be a scholar to speak the haq!

I think everyone took what I said the wrong way. For one thing I'm not calling the good non Muslims Infidels
I am.

I mean, I'd rather be in a good place were there are GOOD Muslims, and where the Muslims will have peace in.
Your talking about an islamic state bro.

Amir_of_spain

uk muslims

:salam2: ...lets not stereotype groups of people or nations... i live in the UK and its a good place for muslims to live in. The blame is with the media and not with the common people. 'fighting back' should not be done through violence or burning flags... rather all is needed is to demonstrate the good actions and charactor of the noble prophet (and the companions). Unfortunately these major aspects of a british muslim ie aqeedah, aklaq and amaal isn't being promoted or demonstrated by the majority (in the UK) as much compared to the beard or niqaab which is a shame because the religion is much more than external appearence. Peace be with you all.

:wasalam:

user expired!

asalamualaykum,

Interesting points bro Shaheed u but here is my reply!
1)
we hate Kafirs or disbelievers , but why?

because of there disbelief! and i agree this statement is true, but what about the people u havent received the message and are driven by the media.

It is our job as believers and living in the west to convey the message of Islam or we have no reason of being here! Even though they are disbelievers they have rights over us just look at how important one has to treat his neighbors in Islam be it muslim or non muslim? i remember in one lecture the Scholar who went to jihad fisabililah was stressing the importance of the rights of a neighbor and he kept repeating quran and ahadith and tafsir it was unbelievable.

The prophet was super kind to ahlalkitab (especially the woman who threw rubbish at him).
The prophet stood for the jew who died and was being burried.
The prophet said ''he was a good jew'' about one who fought along side the Muslims.
The prophet said "we are closer to the jews and the christians than they are to each other"
The prophet was so kind to his jewish neighbors that when he told the boy to become muslim before dying the boys father ordered the boy to listen to his uncle Abul Qasim.

The prophet is known to have said ''be kind to the jews and christians for they are my in laws" paraphrased of course.
sul Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam. Many other examples also come to mind.

2) if u look at that verse u qutoed u can see it says over muslims, now is that a relevant hadith in this argument? as far as i can remember is this not a verse used about war?

Now i cant stress the importance of dawah! but to give dawah to sumone in the uk is not easy without making a friends who we interact with everyday!

sum of my nonmuslim friends have loads of knowledge about Islam and i know a few who have reverted to the deen.

Even in sum situations they have stopped my other friends who are muslim eating in Mcdonalds as they said it was harram!

3) the so called bit was not reffering to the muslim part but the MP part as they seem to have no or little influence on government policies!

4)as i have mentioned earlier the rights the nonbelievers have upon us plz refer to Isalm qa or another site to see them!

Islam is a religion for all and not just muslims it applies to all and we have to act on justice even if it is against me ie sumthing i dont like!

just look at the hadith of of Ali (ra)and the sword or the shield, taken by the jew! as he had no significant evidence and was not given it back by the judge even though he was the Khalifah at the time! THIS IS JUSTICE!!!