Life partner

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Assalamualikum Muslims!
I wanted your oppinions on this issue:
If you found the perfect life partner you alwayz wanted.
They got the qualities, piety, respect, educated, loving and understanding.
But then they where 10yrs older than u, would u marry them?
So sisters would u marry a man 10yrs older?
Brothers will u marry a women 10 yrs older?
And they have all the things u wanted but just the age difference.
Would that affect u?
I know its not forbidden to.
Is it permissible to reject a marriage due to age difference?
Will Allah be angry?
Please share me ur views.
BarakAllahu feek.
Sister Sumaya

All I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I haven’t seen

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam Alaikum

If I weren't already married I would marry someone 10yrs older than me, I don't see it as a problem, as long as he was a good religious man that can take care of his family, no problem. Of course we'd still have to have things in common

abdellah007

salam

salam brother

i wud mention 2 examples of the 2 cases

the prophet peace be upon him with khadija
the prophet peace be upon him with aisha.

that s it.
wassalam

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
salam brother

that s it.
wassalam

If ur talking to me I am a sister, but thank u for ur suggestion, but what if the parenst don't agree?
Hw do u convince them?

diamond

in one simple answer YES!!!

lifes too short and difficult to find someone with such good qualities. a quality is a quality but an age is just a number. i believe you grow to be one. i know many couples that have married people over 10 years older/younger and initially it was daunting for them but now they see no problem!

Abdul Malik

Asalam alaikum warahmatulahi wabrkatuh

I think the most important thing is looking at the person as whole rather then just the age, Inshallah if they have all the qualities that would please ALLAH and please you then inshallah pray istikarah and go for it.
We put our trust in ALLAH as we do not know what tommorow will bring and life has no gaurantees and ALLAH knows best.

dawahforever

:hijabi: Asalaamu Alaikum

The only thing I know about women marrying men 10 yrs older than them and more is that they always complain that their husbands are not a lot of fun..they don't like to go anywhere, don't like to travel etc. I would make sure that the person was young at heart if you are not the stay at home type. That would be my advice.

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:hijabi: Asalaamu Alaikum

The only thing I know about women marrying men 10 yrs older than them and more is that they always complain that their husbands are not a lot of fun..they don't like to go anywhere, don't like to travel etc. I would make sure that the person was young at heart if you are not the stay at home type. That would be my advice.

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E

:salam2:

Not too young at heart...lol

:wasalam:

farhopes

No God but Allah
:salam2:
Spirits never get old.

I believe that the most important thing in marriage is love and mutual understanding.

Allah told us that He makes our spouses from ourselves and He grants us mercy and love that we may have serenity.

Our duity is to try hard, seeking help from Allah, to be guided to someone who is from ourselves, someone we have many things in common with.

Age is not important at all as long as there are mutual good feelings. I'm sure that a girl in 20s can marry a man in 40s and they lead a very happy life.

If their spirits recognize, nothing else is important.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister,

There is a wonderful saying: Age is nothing but a number. With an older man, he will spoil you..he will want to display you...he will be settled and not spontaneous...he knows what he wants..he is grown
With a younger man..he will be spontaneous, he will be easily jealous, and sometimes he will not know what it is that he wants...
Fun is a very subjective term. What is it that you want? To what extent does what you want fit into what your parents think is good for you?
At 18 people are whimsical; as they ought to be. Responsibility has not sunk in yet.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Salaam,

Sister,

There is a wonderful saying: Age is nothing but a number. With an older man, he will spoil you..he will want to display you...he will be settled and not spontaneous...he knows what he wants..he is grown
With a younger man..he will be spontaneous, he will be easily jealous, and sometimes he will not know what it is that he wants...
Fun is a very subjective term. What is it that you want? To what extent does what you want fit into what your parents think is good for you?
At 18 people are whimsical; as they ought to be. Responsibility has not sunk in yet.

I agree with you dear sister. You're absolutely right.

I myself hope to get married to a man who is 40 or 45. I mean it.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Sister,

InshaAllah, Allah will bring you a husband who will be a good companion to you. And InsahAllah, I will attend the wedding feast. As our Beloved Prophet stated it is good to go to weddings. ( I need to lose a couple of pounds, so give me at least two months before you get married ).

Assalam alikum

Well it doesnot matter if the husband is 10 years older.As for as other stuff like older husband doesnot like many hting,,as walking,travelling..it is not right.It is up to the wife how she keeps her husband young.Wife can muold the personality of her husband in a nice way.....
10 years older husband is good for wife as compared to same age level of spouses...You know.....

It should be preferable for a girl to have a husband older than her.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam Sister,

salam brother

that s it.
wassalam

Masha Allah nice example brother, Sister as in ur case if ur sister u can put urself at the place of Khadije (R.A.A) if the man is younger then u and u can place urself at the place of Aisha (R.A.A) if the man is older then u. With my lil understanding i think to marry a person the most important thing is his or her charecter and the way how he or she follow the path of truth Islam. What i think i said rest u facing the situation so u and Allah knows the best.

Fi Amanlila

kayleigh

I don't think it matters. Once you get older, the age gap seems even less significant. So, maybe if you're 20 and he's 30 it might seem odd to people, but when you're 60 and he's 60, it's not that bad! As long as you're both of legal age and maturity, I don't think there's any problem.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
asalam
10 years is not a big difference at all .Inshaallah I will marry a man much older then me.I think its big plus.the most important is his religious knowledge and character...
wasalam

muslimad

Asalamu Alaykum!
I don't think it matters. Once you get older, the age gap seems even less significant. So, maybe if you're 20 and he's 30 it might seem odd to people, but when you're 60 and he's 60, it's not that bad! As long as you're both of legal age and maturity, I don't think there's any problem.

Do you mean 50 and 60?