In need of advice....again

Shannonx

Oh, and Pilgrim i'm not going to leave Islam. I'm not even thinking of doing that, I just mean't that with school, and trying to pass all my classes and then trying to learn my prayers and more about Islam i'm getting stressed out. And like I said i'm the kinda person who gets stressed way too easily and I don't know how to handle my stress. But the thought of leaving Islam never even crossed my mind.

islam4eva

Assalam-alaikum

:salam2: This is simply a test 4 u sis.Don't worry/get stressed. As u knw that whatever good thing u do satan will always try 2 misguide u in one way or another. Have patience okay!!!

7 tips for improving your relationship with the Quran

Are you one of those people who rarely touches the Quran? Or do you read daily, but don't find it is having the impact on you that it should? Whatever the case may be, these are some simple tips that can help you connect with the Quran.

1. Before you touch it, check your heart

The key to really benefiting from the Quran is to check your heart first, before you even touch Allah's book. Ask yourself, honestly, why you are reading it. Is it to just get some information and to let it drift away from you later? Remember that the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was described by his wife as a "walking Quran": in other words, he didn't just read and recite the Quran, he lived it.

2. Do your Wudu (ablution)

Doing your Wudu is good physical and mental preparation to remind you you're not reading just another book. You are about to interact with God, so being clean should be a priority when communicating with Him.

3. Read only 5 minutes everyday

Too often, we think we should read Quran for at least one whole hour. If you aren't in the habit of reading regularly, this is too much. Start off with just five minutes daily. If you took care of step one, Insha Allah (God willing), you will notice that those five minutes will become ten, then half an hour, then an hour, and maybe even more!

4. Make sure you understand what you've read

Five minutes of reading the Quran in Arabic is good, but you need to understand what you're reading. Make sure you have a good translation of the Quran in the language you understand best. Always try to read the translation of what you've read that day .

5. Remember, the Quran is more interactive than a CD

In an age of "interactive" CD-Roms and computer programs, a number of people think books are passive and boring. But the Quran is not like that. Remember that when you read Quran, you are interacting with Allah. He is talking to you, so pay attention.

6. Don't just read, listen too

There are now many audio cassettes and CDs of the Quran, a number of them with translations as well. This is great to put on your walkman or your car's CD or stereo as you drive to and from work. Use this in addition to your daily Quran reading, not as a replacement for it.

7. Make Dua (supplication)

Ask Allah to guide you when you read the Quran. Your aim is to sincerely, for the love of Allah, interact with Him by reading, understanding and applying His blessed words. Making Dua to Allah for help and guidance will be your best tool for doing this

Also try 2 visit this website (www.askimam.com) 4 further help/clarification.

May Allah bless u n forgive our sins Ameen

:salam2:

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister Shannon,

You can see from the response of Muslims in this forum that you do have support. I have the following suggestions:

1- You have to learn to relax and take a step back. Life by its nature has good times and bad times.

Take a deep breath several times when you feel stressed out.

Make sure you get enough sleep and that you eat healthy food.

Also, doing some regular exercise does help. Try finding a physical activity that does not conflict with the modesty a Muslim woman should observe.

2- Don't worry a lot about not feeling at peace all the time when you pray. The important thing is to keep praying the obligatory prayers.

3- Try and get good translation of the meanings of the Qur'an in the form of an actuall book [instead of just reading online]. Then make sure that you read a set number of pages every day.

They don't have to be much. This daily contact with the meanings of the Qur'an will -God willing- have an effect of strengthening your faith and washing away doubts from your heart.

4- Please reflect upon the following verse:

Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allâh?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allâh is near!

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 2:214]

I was born into a Muslim family, so I will not write here that I know how it feels to be a revert to Islam and facing the difficulties only reverts know about.

I will tell you, instead, about the first reverts to Islam; the Companions of the Prophet [peace be upon him]. They -men and women- faced much greater hardships and pains, and they stood firm in their faith.

There are revert Muslims even these days that face very hard trials.

So, whenever you feel down, look at the plight of those who have a rougher time than you, and you'll realise -God willing- the blessings and the favours of Allah the Almighty upon you.

5- Continue to seek knowledge about Islam by reading the books of pious and knowledgeable scholars who understand the Qur'an and Sunnah the way the Companions of the Prophet [peace be upon him] understood these two sources.

Start with the books explaining the fundamentals, such as the 6 Pillars of Faith and the 5 Pillars of Islam.

6- The most important piece of advise I have for you is that you should supplicate wholeheartedly and sincerely to God Almighty to help you, aid you and allow you to taste -once more- the sweetness and tranquility of the faith of Islam.

Ask Him, on a regular basis, to strengthen your faith.

Begin your supplication by thanking Allah the Almighty, and then ask Him to bless the Prophet [peace be upon him].

After that, state how much you need Him, and call upon Him by His most perfect attributes. You could say phrases like:

"I am your weak slave, and your are the Strong and the Mighty. Grant me strength.

I am in need of mercy, and You are the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful. Shower me with Your grace and Mercy."

And end your supplication by asking for His blessing on Prophet Muhammad and by thanking Him.

Just pour your heart out while supplicating to Allah, and remember that He said:

And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 2:186]

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

farhopes

No God but Allah
Mashaa Allah, the advice of Bluegazer is great as well as all brothers and sisters' advice.
Now, dear sister, I think you got much help. The greatest help and support will be from Allah, so ask Him. He will never disappoint you. Be sure of that.

Noor to shine

Dear sister the most important issue in Islam is faith in the unseen .....This creation is a great sign of Allah swt ....so everything around us should remind us of the creator ......the heavens, earth, plants , people , food....family ....all the things around us should renew our faith ......since it is a clear sign of our creator ...pondering is a great tool for more faith in Islam .....Satan will make his best to deviate hearts of people from Allah swt so be careful Allah told us in Quran :

2:168 O MANKIND! Partake of what is lawful and good on earth, and follow not satan's footsteps: for, verily, he is your open foe,

2:268 satan threatens you with the prospect of poverty and bids you to be niggardly, whereas God promises you His forgiveness and bounty; and God is infinite, all-knowing,

6:71 SAY: "Shall we invoke, instead of God, something that can neither benefit us nor harm us, and [thus] turn around on our heels after God has guided us aright? -like one whom the satans have enticed into blundering after earthly lusts, the while his companions, trying to guide him, call out unto him [from afar] , [63] `Come thou to us!"' Say: "Verily, God's guidance is the only guidance: and so we have been bidden to surrender ourselves unto the Sustainer of all the worlds,

7:27 O children of Adam! Do not allow satan to seduce you in the same way as he caused your ancestors to be driven out of the garden: he deprived them of their garment [of God-consciousness] in order to make them aware of their nakedness. Verily, he and his tribe are lying in wait for you where you cannot perceive them! [19] Verily, We have placed [all manner of] satanic forces near unto those who do not [truly] believe;

7:175 And tell them what happens to him to whom We vouchsafe Our messages and who then discards them: satan catches up with him, and he strays, like so many others, into grievous error.

dear sister try to understand Quran with all your heart and be strong facing this inner enemy.
Ya Allah protect us and all our sisters and brothers from the evil whispers of Satan . Amen

:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

Shannonx

I haven't written back in a while.

Thanks everyone, but unfortunently nothing has really gotten better, just worse. I think I just need time to myself and need to take a break from everything, but I do thank everyone for atleast helping.

Salam

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

I think we discussed some specifics about getting in touch with some local Muslims in Lancaster (or closeby) a few months ago; and then I disappeared & never read your replies.

My unconditional offer for help is still open if you want to take it up, Insha'Allah.

We can most certainly try to make your world better with the help of Allah (SWT), Insha'Allah.

So think about it.

I haven't written back in a while.

Thanks everyone, but unfortunently nothing has really gotten better, just worse. I think I just need time to myself and need to take a break from everything, but I do thank everyone for atleast helping.

Salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Little Baby Sister,

Once when I was young ( I was ) someone told me not rush life. He said let your life come to you. I looked at him like he was crazy.
I am old. I am repeating what he told me.
Here we go:
Stop in the name of Love.
Chill
Relax
Honey, ain't nothing gonna change at this time.
Slow your roll.
Time out.

I know you have seen the pictures of the wise sages. They sit and close thier eyes. They are doing nothing. We think.
What they are doing is allowing everything in their life to gel. They are allowing the process of life to blend in with the task of life.

You have taken on a lot. No-one is blaming you. Everyone here wants to help you. But, first you need to chill. You did not take me up on the candy bar.
Learning about Islam is a life long process. Trust me. I feel as if I know so little and have a lifeterm to learn in the time Allah has alloted me.
But an intergal part of learning is to absorb. Sometimes that comes by simply chilling. You have to allow your brain and soul time.
In school we give breaks to the kids. The kids enjoy playtime and then they are ready for more learning.

And finally, our Beloved Prophet used to meditate; therein lies instruction for us to chill. And go ahead and enjoy the candy bar and hug your mother.

CaroleA

Asalam alaikum
I'd be grateful if any of my Muslim brothers and sisters could help me out a bit. Maybe some of you have been in this position as well, so any sort of help i'd be happy for

I am really, really, really stressed out. To the point where I think i'm going to have a mental breakdown. With school, then with learning more about Islam and learning how to pray and with hiding this from my family it's getting really tough. I knew it would be tough, but I don't think I can handle it. And all the peace I felt when I became a Muslim is gone. In a way even I feel like i'm growing farther away from Allah :frown: Certain days I can go and do my prayers, but then today I just felt like I couldn't do it at all. With still learning how to do it on my own, I feel like there's really no point in doing it because I always think i'm doing it wrong or not giving it my all. I know I should take it one step at a time, but even though i'm doing that I still find it impossible for me to ever learn how to do it. Even doing it in my room, I still get inturrupted. Either by my mom or dad yelling at each other and cussing, or by them just knocking on my door. So when I don't do my prayers, I feel so bad and honestly get really sad about it. Then I have thoughts that being a Muslim is stressing me out even more, which I HATE to think. I'm really happy i'm a Muslim, I thank Allah for leading me to the straight path, but then I have thoughts that Islam is just adding more stress to my life. I'm the type of person who gets stressed way too easily and I never know how to handle it, or even to tell myself to calm down. I'd say pray and feel closer to Allah, but how can I when I don't even know how? When i'm doing my prayers too I don't feel close to Allah or that i'm accomplishing anything. Even if I do my 5 daily prayers I don't feel joy that I did them all.

Anyways, what I need is some advice on what I should do. I need to be more stronger when it comes to being a Muslim, but sadly I don't even know how to. :(
None that involve the masjid though, since i can't goto the masjid and get help from there like i've stated in previous threads.
Assalamu Alaikum Shannon,
I read your message this morning before going to work. I felt I needed to reach out and help you. I am a new convert as well and my iman is up and down as well sometimes. I do have a small group of sisters who have been surpporting me since Jan 07. I sometimes go to Friday prayer and that has helped me to meet new sisters. You want want to contact me you can pm on this site.
May Allah sustains you in your struggle
CaroleA

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

it can definitely be hard at times when you become a new muslim. very often you are the only muslim that you really know. or you may be shy to enter the masjid by yourself, thinking that you may say or do the wrong thing. i personally do not have many muslim friends or any friends for that matter. even though i go to the masjid i haven't had the time while at the masjid to make friends there even though everyone has been polite with me. however, i still seek information through websites such as TTI etc to help me gain knowledge in my deen. don't expect to learn about islam in such a short time. islam is a way of life and it takes a lifetime to learn all of it.

as far as being distracted during the salat. all i can say is get used to it, by preparing for battle against the shaytan. he'll cause you to yawn, doubt whether you have wudu or not, cause you to look around, make your skin feel itchy etc. when that happens to you don't feel discouraged, because it shows that you are indeed on the right path, because the shaytan only distracts those trying to be close with Allah swt. he doesn't distract the others because he causes them to miss their obligations.

Fahad_Agus

Shannonx i dont know if my adivce will help or not but i think you should have muslim friends around you 24/7 to teach and to be there with you anytime and im talking about friends from the same gender as you are, and try to follow their way of prayer and do it together. Ill pray for you and inshallah life will get easier for you.

Shannonx

:wasalam:

Lately I have been calming down, especially since school is over now.
If it seems like i'm rushing into things, or trying to learn so many things at once, i'm not.

I've decided though to basically start all over. Take everything one step at a time, read verses from the Qur'an everyday, try to get the negative thoughts out of my head and to raise my iman again.

If I made it seem like you guys aren't helping, sorry you guys are. It's a great feeling knowing I have support from the brothers and sisters here at TTI.

GlobalPeace,
I remember. Thanks, i'll be more than happy if you help :)

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom dear sister Shanon

I'm very happy you at last calmed down and began thinking quietly and deeply.:)

Alhamdu lillah, He will always support you as long as you supplicate and call upon Him.

Never give up dear sister, life needs us to be strong and self-confident.:SMILY346:

We have to put our trust in Allah and be sure He is organizing things for our best. All we have to do is to show patience and never stop calling upon Him.

May Allah gladden your heart and make your task easy for you.:tti_sister:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
One of the easiest ways for Satan to enter into a person's domain is through negative thinking. Negative thinking is like termites. No matter how strong your foundation is, termites will keep eating at it until it crumbles, God forbid! Psychologists have identified this as the reactive mind and called the phenomenon mind talk.

Dear sister Shannon, don't let negative thinking get the best of you. Think positive thoughts. Get involved with positive causes. Say positive words to yourself and to others and the result will inevitably be a positive change to your life, God willing.

++Ayman

Very good advice from akhi ayman.Thats very true.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:mashallah: Its really good to hear from you Sister Shannon. And really your words are a relief and shows that you are atleast feeling a lil better now.
Take care
Ma'assalaam
:wasalam:

Thanks farhopes.
Inshallah Allah will make things easier and i'll be stronger:hijabi: