Studying Islam...

surprized eyez

Hi I am a Canadian woman,24 yrs of age. I have just finished reading an English version of the Quran. What I found within the pages was simply beautiful. I was at first very confused about Jesus,the son of Mary and had a difficult time accepting he wasn't God's son.After reading the full book I believe I understand the truth.I have a desire to worship Allah and Allah alone.I have ordered a prayer book with audio and hope it will teach me properly,seeing as how online there was a numerous amount of websites with different teachings.I truly desire a close relationship with my creator and have always. I am very thankful to have found the truth.However; naturally,I have questions and concerns about the way I worship and living as a Muslim woman in Canada.Although my family has not totally supported my choice to turn to Islam,they haven't voiced an opinion of not accepting me if I convert.I do need to be honest when saying,they may be very angry if I go so far as to wear a hijab.(I hope the spelling was correct.)But I honestly feel it is turning my back on Allah if I do not do as he has asked.Is there a way I can avoid wearing one while in my home town?Thank you for reading.
Michelle

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

Firstly, i want to say you have come to the right site.And feel free to ask anything , and i mean anything that comes to your mind . And we also have a sister sensitive section.

having problems when Wearing of hijab should not prevent you or delay in you saying the shahada.
If u feel in your heart that islam is right , dont delay in saying the shahada.

Saying the shahada can be done alone or in the presence of some ( i think it is two) witness ..

dawahforever

I'm happy to read that you have discovered the truth. I am also a Canadian and converted to Islam in '91.:hijabi: Don't worry about things like hijab..for every woman the two things that make them hesitate about Islam is the hijab and polygamy. When you convert to Islam you are like a baby so you must take babysteps. The five pillars are the most important things to start off with..as you get used to being a muslim you can add things as you go along. You can also try to wear the hijab part-time and adjust yourself. There are so many benefits when you wear it but you will not know that until you experience it yourself. May Allah make everything easy for you.

D4E

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Welcome Sister,
I am very happy to know that Allah has made the truth clear to you. Allah says in the Quran,

but Allah hath endeared the faith to you and hath beautified it in your hearts, and hath made disbelief and lewdness and rebellion hateful unto you. Such are they who are the rightly guided. (7) (It is) a bounty and a grace from Allah; and Allah is Knower, Wise. (8)
Al-Hujuraat

May Allah strengthen your faith and guide you to the path to his pleasure, Aameen (Amen)

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Congratulations

It is very heartening to know that you have found the truth. Main thing is that you have acknowledged / accepted Tawheed or the belief in one God and the belief that Muhammad was the last prophet and messenger of Allah.

Once you believe that you may opt for declaring Shahada as soon as possible, to become a Muslim officially.

There are many questions/issues that may come to your mind from time to time and will be solved with the time, patience and continuous struggle.

You may start with wearing loose clothes that do not reveal your body shape etc i.e. adopt modest clothing. Thereafter you can start covering your hairs as well. I am not giving any fatwa but advising to take things more naturally and gradually you will find all the things will be ok

Wassalam

island muslim

Salaam Aliykum,

Alhamdulilah for you have been blessed to beleive in your creator. I am sure our good brothers and sisters who administer the site have already contacted you and they will guide u in your journey to Islam.

May Peace be with you my soon to be sister in ISLAM :) insha allah (god willing)

wassalaam alaiykum

38khadj

:salam2: sister
Inshallah (if Allah Wills) you will embrace Islam.
Dont worry too much about having to tell everyone as well take it at your own pace until you feel comfortable with it and strong enough to take critacism from family and friends which will happen not everybody will be happy with your decision but it is YOUR decision sister Allah is with the needy.
May Allah keep you focused and happy within your heart and soul Inshallah.
:wasalam:

Assalam alaikum
Michelle

First of all.Embrace Islam from heart and soul.Join the religion which is true and modern and shows right path...
as for as hijab is concerned.You can delay wearing it till you find relief in your enviroment/situation.

surprized eyez

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. It makes me feel good to realize I am not alone. I have read and taken all of your advice very seriously.Baby steps may be the answer here,and dressing in over sized clothes is a nice start.My thanks and love to all of you.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
:ma: , we're all happy to have you with us, You'll learn a lot, inshallah (God willing)

:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206:

:SMILY259:

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Take care

Ps: if you have any question, please feel free to ask, we're all be happy to help you:)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Welcome sister. May Allah grant you wisdom.

I grew up in the west. It took a long, long time before I started wearing the hijab.
I can only say as I became stronger in my convictions my dress code chaged very slowly.
I got rid of the short skirts, suits, dresses.
Next I got rid of the tight jeans and wore bloomy slacks.
Next it was long dresses. I keep a pair of jeans for extreme weather when I have to drive in the snow. ( I don't want to get stuck in the isolated moutain roads and freeze ).

It was gradual and became a part of my personality. My sons often call me ninja. The outwardly apperance is the reflection of the inward growth and change. Do it slowly so you can fully absorb the transformation.

Oem Soufiane

mashallah sister, alhamdulilah another sister to join our beautifull deen, assalamu aleikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuh.:SMILY252:

mohsofi_abdullah

I find that your questions are being asked at different phases or scenarios...
Let's just elaborate the timing of all these phases...

1. A non muslim reverting to Islam, scared of a few possibilities, such as hijab wearing, of having to completely be merged with Islamic Rulings, for reasons that family or friends might be offended,

2. A non muslims reverting to Islam, choosing, almost automatically, to wear hijab as a sign of full admission to Islam and Allah Subhanahuwataala,

3. A muslim who rejects hijab,

4. A muslim who rejects Islamic Teaching...

I guess, your first scenario is second best among the 4. But, being a muslim myself, I guess it would be safe to say that, if Allah Subhanahuwataala wants me to do something, and that HE is the most forgiving, knowing, loving and, wouldn't it be a no-brainer that if muslims simply accept Islamic Teaching, we are actually guided by the ONE and ONLY, the almighty, the most knowledgable, and the most forgiving?

I'm saying this in a good way. InsyaAllah, Allah Subhanahuwataala knows how scared we all are, and how weak we all are... Threats by human beings is only a small "fear factor" compared to all the jannah we are going to get for obeying Allah Subhanahuwataala...

Just be true to Allah, and make our best efforts to strive for excellence
Allah is most forgiving, MashaAllah

Salam

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
AsalamAlakum,

Welcome to TTI

It’s nice to have u join this lovely community.

Insha Allah u benefit from us as we from u.

Enjoy ur stay Insha Allah,

Take Care,