Votes: 35 50.0%
  • I always skip breakfast

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

No i try not to, because i feel all tired later on. So a bowl of cornflakes suits me and a glass of water or juice.

Wasalam

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu alaykum,

I usually skip breakfast cos i am not a eater in the morning and prefer my sweet tea until 12:00 or 1:00 but when you didn't eat dinner sometime i eat breakfast to make up the skip dinner. I can of consider this way health and contrabation to those who sometime don't have three meats a day unlike us.

zeneesha

~trini_muslimah~
:salam2:
I never skip breakfast, because when I wake up at 3am every morning, by 6am, I'm very very hungry...
I love to eat as well....so I can't miss that!!

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
I have tea every morning but I have to confess I do skip breakfast unless someone wants to make it for me :p

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^ I do the EXACT same thing!! 99% exact actually - sometimes I take coffee instead of tea :)

By skipping breakfast, I always enjoy eating my lunch more, even if it's only a carrot stick. Salam alaikum.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

After becoming a mother I became the garbage disposal. I finish the food no-one wants to eat. (yuck)

Jihan

anybody that's trying to lose weight should not skip breakfast(unless they're planning to stop eating altogether..not good idea either), because the body is an intelligent and complex machine, so when somebody wakes up from an eight hour slumber or so and then skips breaksfast then doesn't eat the food until noon. the body goes into a get-ready-for-a-potential-starvation mode. so the first energy source(food) that goes into your body will be saved by your body and of course that is fat. your body's metabolism will slow down in order to protect you from the potential starvation. so never skip breakfast but rather eat something light and skip eating right before you sleep, because your body never gets a chance to burn that off.

ps: did you know the term breakfast originally came from the idea of muslims breaking their fast the morning after the entire month of ramadan(EID)!

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
I try to never skip breakfast, the most important meal of the day, mashallah! A bowl of cereal, or a roll and juice etc... something to get the day going. I always tell my childrent the same thing, Alhamdullilah!! I did read something about the word breakfast, because we sleep for a few hours, and our body is going through a fast, and when we get up, we break it. Hence the word BREAK=FAST, SUBHANALLAH!:hijabi:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr

Jazakiallah Kheiran sisters Jihan & shaheeda for the explanations.

Me too, i just can't start the day properly without having a breakfast :SMILY149: , but i can easily skip lunch and eat a chocolate bar or something at 4 in the afternoon and then sometimes i even skip dinner. Not healthy, i know:shymuslima1:

Do you guys manage to eat your 5 fruits/veg portion a day????

OnlyOne

I try not to skip breakfast. It's one of the most important meals of the day. It gives me the energy I need after waking up and it makes me feel good. Plus, sometimes I really need my morning coffee. :p

ps: did you know the term breakfast originally came from the idea of muslims breaking their fast the morning after the entire month of ramadan(EID)!

I heard that before! I remember when I was in elementary school and I told my teacher I was fasting she told me that the word "breakfast" came from someone breaking their fast.

happy 2 b muslim

i do it all the time i personal dont eat in the morning because i get the munchies and i dont eat breakfast if i dont eat i really dont need to eat the hole day :hijabi:

Sonia88

dont skip breakfast, its really important to get your body into gear, and gets your metabolic system going.... also wen your body is starving for food as soon as you eat, coz your brain thinkn that theres a lack it'l turn it into fat.. so dont missin meals dont do you any good.. you become weak and also put weight on.

happy 2 b muslim

Am not sure if this is true but if you dont eat breakfast does it make you FATTER if so, that explain my STATE LOL it kind of funny really am not the brains of the family was always KNOWN AS THE BEAUITFUL ONE then i revised that sIMPLy BY BEN AND JERRY n COOKIES yeah BRING ON THE COOKIES however am planing to loss weight when january start however know i will fail AM A STUCKER FOR FOOD any tips :SMILY288: