God is Good

Asalaamalikum,

I thought I'd share something very touchy that hit my heart the other day.

As I finished a long day at work I went on to catch the subway train and there stood a homeless man yelling real loud. As you know, most people don't listen or look at these people because they think they are some sort of a crazy lunatic.

It was very difficult to understand what he was saying out loud, sort of a deep voice with stressed echos, you really had to concentrate and what he was saying was "God is good." As soon as I understood what he was saying my whole body shivered, it was so weird. It was like as I was the only one who understood him, because other people walking looked so careless. I wanted to give him some money but all I had was my metro and credit card.

It really made me reflect and made my eyes wet. It's as if no one was hearing or paying attention to what he was saying. It also made me think about the man, it's as if I understood his whole life like all his struggles, pains etc.

Indeed, God is great and we need to really appreciate all the provisions He has given us.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Salam.
Its true we are lucky the way we are.
We shouldn't look down at a person unless we are trying to help them up.
So I thank Allah for everything he has given me, is giving me and will give me.
:muslima:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
that's a deep story. it's amazing how this homeless man can praise God while he has absolutely nothing and how there's so many people with many things and fail to be grateful to God, that hate God or simply choose not to believe in God. thanks for the post!!!

halah

Subhanallah,that homeless man who was difficult to understand what he was saying can remember Allah and praises Him ,while one of my husband's colleague came to the work in a very bad temper because he didn't find his excellent favoufite olive in the supermarket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aDYiNGdream

Aspiring Mutawakkil
:salam2:

JazakAllah Khair for sharing.

SubhanAllah. Many people forget Allah in their times of happiness when what they should be doing is being grateful. For shukr is the opposite of kufr.
RasulAllah :saw: has said: "Strange is the affair of the believer, and it does not happen to anyone except a believer — if good happens to him he thanks Allah and that is good for him, and if bad happens to him he is patient and it is good for him.” [Muslim]

:wasalam:

Jihan

this is very common for homeless ppl on streets to be praising God and when you give them money they usually reply may God Almighty bless you.. it is the sane ones that usually do that. it is amazing they are better than the ones with the full bellies, who are saying God doesn't exist because there are homeless ppl on the street... when the truth is it is really the full bellied's fault that there are homeless ppl on the street because they are not willing to share what they have.