Lahu ma fissemawati wa ma fil'ardi
Men thallathiy yeshfe'u indehu illa biznih
Ya'lemu ma beyne eydiyhim
wa ma halfehum
wa la yuhiytune
bishey'in min ilmihi
illa bima sha-a wasia kursiyyuhu semavati wal'ard
Wa la yeuduhu hifzuhuma wa hu wal aliy ul aziym

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Allah! There is no God but He,
the Living, the Self-subsisting, the Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him, nor sleep.
All things in heaven and earth are His.
Who could intercede in His presence without His permission?
He knows what appears in front of and behind His creatures.
Nor can they encompass any knowledge of Him except what he wills.
His throne extends over the heavens and the earth,
and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them,
for He is the Highest and Most Exalted.

Rasool Allah peace be upon him said, "Whoever recites Aayatul Kursi after every Fard (Fard Salat). Only death is keeping him/her from entering Jannah. (As soon as he/she dies, will enter Jannah)
(Nisa'i, Ibne Habban, Ibnelsani A'n Abi Amatah Albahili Radiallah Anhu)

It's in another Hadis that Reciting Ayatul Kursi after one Fard (Fard Salat) will stay in Allah's protection until the next Salat.
(Tibrani Fil Kabeer, A'n Alhasan Bin Ali Radiallah Anhu)

Imam Bihaqi States that the one who recites Ayatul Kursi before falling asleep, Allah Tala gives protection to his/her home and his/her Family.
(Marqat Sharah Mishkaat, Mulla Ali Qaderi, vol. 2 pp. 583)

It's in another Hadis Jinns and Shaitans do not come close to the house in which Ayatul Kursi is recited. (Tirmizi Altargheeb Wal Tarheeb Lilmanzari vol.2 pp.631)

Hadrat A'isha Radiallah Anha states that a person arrived in the court of Nabi kareem Sallal Laaho Alaihi Wasallam and complained that there is no Barkat (Blessings) in anything in his home. Rasool Allah peace be upon him said, "You do not recite Ayatul Kursi, whichever Food and Curry you will recite Ayatul Kursi on, Allah Tala will give Blessings on that Food and Curry. (Tafseer Dar Manshoor vol. 1 pp. 323)

Ayep

Just to share

Bismillah,

In addition to what the sister mentioned, here's a few more explaination
about the Hikmah of ayatul Kursi I wish to share with everyone.

This ayat was revealed after Hijrah. During its revealation it was accompanied by thousands of angels because of its greatness and glory.

Syaitan and iblis became worried because there is an obstacle in their quest to mislead mankind. Rasulullah s.a.w . immediately ordered Zaid b.Tsabit to write it down and spread the message.

Whoever recites ayat Kursi with full concentration daily after fardhu prayers, every morning and evening before exiting or entering the house or before on a journey, InsyaAllah will be protected from the temptation of syaitan, evil people, wild and dangerous animals, even our family, children and property will be save from harm by Allah s.w.t. According to the book "Asraatul Mufidah".

Whoever practices by reciting it 18 times everyday, will be granted sustenance, gain honour and save from all calamities with Allah's will.

Syeikh Abu Abbas explained that the person who recites it 50 times and breathes it onto rainwater and drinking it InyaAllah will have be blessed with an intelligent mind and
the ease of absorbing knowledge.

For our practice...the Fadhillat ayat Al-Kursi according to the Hadiths, Rasullullah s.a.w
mentioned "Whoever returns home and recites ayat Kursi, Allah will remove poverty from their eyesight".

Rasullullah s.a.w. also added, " For my followers who recite ayat Kursi 12 times on a Friday morning, and then takes wudhu and prays 2 rakaat, Allah will protect him from the evil of the syaitan and major evildoers." Those who recites ayat Kursi many times will be loved and protected by Allah just like how He protected Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.
With Allah's will those who continually recites ayat Kursi will be protected against crime and burglary at their home.

When consistently recited during travelling it will also keep them save from harm. When recited with full concentration, Insya Allah it will cause the syaitan and jin to burn.

When you move to new home, recite it a 100 times in the first night, InsyaAllah the whole family will be protected from spiritual and physical harm.

Whoever recites ayat Kursi before lying on the bed to sleep, Allah will assign 2 angels to protect him or her till the Subuh period. Allah will also protect their home and all the homes around their neighbourhood.

Whoever recites ayat Kursi after Farhu prayers, Allah will provide them the satisfaction
of those who follows the truth, and the good deeds of the prophets will be given to them.

Whoever recites ayat Kursi before leaving the house, Allah will appoint 70,000
angels to them. The angels will pray for forgiveness and dua for them.

Whoever recites ayat Kursi after Farhu prayers, Allah azza wajallah will manage the retrieval of their soul the same as those who jihad in the name of Allah and died a shahid.

Whoever recites ayat al-Kursi in times of difficulty, Allah will provide help for them. From Abdullah bin Amr r.a.

Rasullullah s.a.w. said," Spread my message even if it is one ayat..."

Allah knows best

38khadj

:salam2:
Ayat Kursi - Jazakallah for sharing the many benefits for us I certainly wasnt aware of there been so many Jazakallah.
May Allah (s.w.t) give us the ability to use Ayat Kursi to gain its full benefits.
Inshallah.
:wasalam:

Mhira

Learn Ayatul Kursi

Asalaam-aleykum,

If you wish to learn Ayatul Kursi, here is a great website to learn it from very quickly includes audio.
http://www.ayatulkursi.com (<a href="http://www.ayatulkursi.com/">http://www.ayatulkursi.com/</a>)

:)

mistrx

Come as you are..
Salam aliekum rahmatullah

I heard when reciting Ayat Al Kursi one does not say bismillah since it is not the beggining of a surah.

of course you say Bismillah before beginning to recite this surah,
what do you think, if somebody begins al-baquara from the second Ayah he does not need to say Bismillah ?

warda786

Slmz..Jazakallah for the contribution of Ayatul Kursi! Yes it is very powerful.
With regard to reading a surah with Bismillah ...there is only one surah in the Quran that bismillah doesnt have to be read, because it starts with Bismillah..I think its surah Tauba! Ayatul Kursi..can or cannot be read with Bismillah...its optional...if read as a dua no need for the Bismillah..if read as qiraat,one shud read Bismillah...but hey ppl..everything in our lives we shud begin with Bismillah:)

Mhira

Asalaamu-aleykum,

Someone mentioned that the previous link I posted is not working.
We have set it up again here:

Ayatul Kursi

It's great to see posts like this, if you don;t know this off by heart yet, it really is critical that you learn it - if you know other people who don;t know, please pass this link onto them.
I found it difficult to learn this, hence setting up this link and now people are coming along and learning it in 20 minutes alhamdulillah.

Learn Ayatul kursi now!

Dreamspirit

Salaam

In regards to the Ayaat-ul-Kursi posted (first post).....

Some apparent ~errors~

Dont mind though. Just incase people don't bother to hear the audio.

But yeah, awesome stuff, yay for the audio (haven't tried it yet though ^_^)

coloured and replaced in italics

Bismillaah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem
Allahu la ilaaha illa hu wal Hayyul Qayyum
La tah' kudhuhus-sinetun wala nawuum
Lahuu ma fissemawati wa ma fil'ardi
Men thallathiy yeshfe'u e'ndahu illa bi-idhnih
Ya'lemu ma beyne eydiyhim
wa ma khalfehum
wa la yuhiytune
bishey'im min i'lmihi
illa bimaa sha-a wasia kursiyy-yuhus-semawati wal'ard
Wa la yeuduhu hifdhuhuma wa hu wal aliy ul aziym

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Allah! There is no God but He,
the Living, the Self-subsisting, the Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him, nor sleep.
All things in heaven and earth are His.
Who could intercede in His presence without His permission?
He knows what appears in front of and behind His creatures.
Nor can they encompass any knowledge of Him except what he wills.
His throne extends over the heavens and the earth,
and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them,
for He is the Highest and Most Exalted.

Rasool Allah peace be upon him said, "Whoever recites Aayatul Kursi after every Fard (Fard Salat). Only death is keeping him/her from entering Jannah. (As soon as he/she dies, will enter Jannah)

It's in another Hadis that Reciting Ayatul Kursi after one Fard (Fard Salat) will stay in Allah's protection until the next Salat.
(Tibrani Fil Kabeer, A'n Alhasan Bin Ali Radiallah Anhu)

Imam Bihaqi States that the one who recites Ayatul Kursi before falling asleep, Allah Tala gives protection to his/her home and his/her Family.
(Marqat Sharah Mishkaat, Mulla Ali Qaderi, vol. 2 pp. 583)

It's in another Hadis Jinns and Shaitans do not come close to the house in which Ayatul Kursi is recited. (Tirmizi Altargheeb Wal Tarheeb Lilmanzari vol.2 pp.631)

Hadrat A'isha Radiallah Anha states that a person arrived in the court of Nabi kareem Sallal Laaho Alaihi Wasallam and complained that there is no Barkat (Blessings) in anything in his home. Rasool Allah peace be upon him said, "You do not recite Ayatul Kursi, whichever Food and Curry you will recite Ayatul Kursi on, Allah Tala will give Blessings on that Food and Curry. (Tafseer Dar Manshoor vol. 1 pp. 323)

Dreamspirit

Aaaah subhanallah that recitation is awesome. Yay to miss sis for making this thread. She gets all the rewards! hehe

Allahu la ilaha illa Huwa, Al-Haiyul-Qaiyum
La ta'khudhuhu sinatun wa la nawm,
lahu ma fis-samawati wa ma fil-'ard
Man dhal-ladhi yashfa'u 'indahu illa bi-idhnihi
Ya'lamu ma baina aidihim wa ma khalfahum,
wa la yuhituna bi shai'im-min 'ilmihi illa bima sha'a
Wasi'a kursiyuhus-samawati wal ard,
wa la ya'uduhu hifdhuhuma Wa Huwal 'Aliyul-Adheem

Will refer more people to this website.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Bismillaah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem

)

Asalamaualikum dear sister Umm Aysha.
Please can you provide the exact no. of the hadith and the book volume for the above hadith.
As someone told me that it is a weak and fabricated hadith.
I wanted to know is it for sure.
Jazzakallahu Khairan.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Asalamaualikum dear sister Umm Aysha.
Please can you provide the exact no. of the hadith and the book volume for the above hadith.
As someone told me that it is a weak and fabricated hadith.
I wanted to know is it for sure.
Jazzakallahu Khairan.

Concerning the virtue of reciting this aayah after the prescribed prayers, it was narrated that Abu Umaamah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Aayat al-Kursiy immediately after each prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.” This is how it was narrated by al-Nasaa’i in al-Yawm wa’l-Laylah, from al-Hasan ibn Bishr. It was also narrated by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh from Muhammad ibn Humayr, who is al-Homsi, and is also one of the men of al-Bukhaari. The isnaad meets the conditions of al-Bukhaari

Source:http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=6092&ln=eng&txt=kursi

it is not weak....

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Concerning the virtue of reciting this aayah after the prescribed prayers, it was narrated that Abu Umaamah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Aayat al-Kursiy immediately after each prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.” This is how it was narrated by al-Nasaa’i in al-Yawm wa’l-Laylah, from al-Hasan ibn Bishr. It was also narrated by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh from Muhammad ibn Humayr, who is al-Homsi, and is also one of the men of al-Bukhaari. The isnaad meets the conditions of al-Bukhaari

Source:http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=6092&ln=eng&txt=kursi

it is not weak....

Jazzakallahu Khairan brother Alkathiri.
I knew it not a weak hadith but wanted to be 100% sure. :ma: A great virtue.
I showed the person who told me it was weak, the person now accepts its not weak. Allhamdulilha!!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Jazzakallahu Khairan brother Alkathiri.
I knew it not a weak hadith but wanted to be 100% sure. :ma: A great virtue.
I showed the person who told me it was weak, the person now accepts its not weak. Allhamdulilha!!

Wa iyyak
Alhamdulilah....