Do you have any Jewish friends?

somewhatinspired

well put

what do you feel when you see Palestinian ppl situation at the time before
and after your convertion now ?

I feel the same way about the Palestinians as I did before conversion. I feel what is being done to them is a crime against humanity and the UN need to step up and regognize what is going on as genocide.

what do you feel when you see Jewish ppl nowdays?
Depends....most times I get along fine with other Jews....but they are not orthodox and barely understand their own religion. The Orthodox Jews aren't too keen on me so I tend to avoid them. However I did see some Hasidic Jews at the airport and felt a twinge of pain....I was missing my family.

in your point of view what do you thing about Muslim ummah now days?(before and after your convert)
I feel the Ummah is in a weakened condition right now. We need to seriously do something to strengthen our Ummah as we are scattered to the wind with way too much infighting.

and what do Jewish ppl(orthodox..etc) plus your own view on jihad in
Palestine to free the land?

Depends on what you consider jihad. I feel that suicide, no matter the reason, is wrong. More importantly suicide bombing is Haram and reflects poorly on the person's Islamic education if one participates in such an activity. I do think the Arab league of nations need to unite and threaten with a trade embargo on oil if the US does not withdraw it's political and monetary support of Israel.

~Sarah

sister,
i wish every idiot I've met..Muslim and non Muslim could speak to you, because you are very well spoken.

i have to sleep, but i will come back to this thread later.

i feel dumb i provide stories of interest, but i never provide any real information that is useful.

marzuki mohamed

:jazaak: thanks for your good answer my sister.. :mashallah: .Apreciated.

...Insyaallah with sister like u in ummah today, together we can bring back

the glory of Islam..:inshallah:

wasalam.

awakening!
:salah:

whitecat

salam brother,
i live in jew neighborhood, i have many jews friend at college.they all r and were good.(becoz they were and r not zoinst).
Judaism have different sects.
Zoinst are the worst jews.
Zoinism=anti muslim
zoinst r most corrupt, rasist,and arrogant people (don't think i am talking toward hate to zoinst i am talking from my and others personal experience, search, abservation). i live in jews neighborhood, i ready their news papers, espically jews press.they have nothing in those newspapers but Propaganda against islam.
one can"t be a zoinst and good with muslim. Infact not just with muslim they don't like anyone. they think they r the best people one the face of earth, and they will go to heaven no matter what they do,becoz they r chosen people from God.( i m not talking abt Judaism i m talking abt zoinst) who claim them self to be Jew, but Rabbi Dovid Weiss( jewish's spiritual leader) call that zoinst r not jews
u can see his video he talks abt "different between zoinism and Judaism.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t-JrU54W6qU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6RjnvQHWyLE&mode=related&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zUh067U7E1A
u can find more video once u go to these links.

i know couple of jews brothers and sisters who convert to islam.u can go to website below to read abt them.

jews-for-allah.org/Jewish-Converts-to-Islam

u said u want to learn abt Juadism, visit following website.
this is a brother yousaf's website who was jews and convert to islam.
http://al-buruj.com/

u can also visit his utube channel.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=takferi

apocalypse77

shyhijabi i got a question..

isit true the secular jews are more ignorant of their religion than those orthodox jews who know that creating the state of israel is forbidden in the torah?

or isit the other way round that secular jews get along better with muslims ; esp those secular muslims (as much as i hate to say this) since they dont really practise their religion like thos eorthodox jews?

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

WOW :eek: sis shyhijabi, MASHA'ALLAH! You're a wonderful person to interview, you're replies are both informative and helpful as well as from the best point of view. It's great that you're here, and I'm sure we're all learning from you.[

i feel dumb i provide stories of interest, but i never provide any real information that is useful.

Chin up, on the contrare dear brother, I think your stories and advice help us just as much as anyone elses. I'm dead serious here. I love hearing from you, and hope you'll continue to contribute!

Good point, brother Abdellah. The word that God used is "mutawaffeeka" which means calling you back. The life of Jesus, peace be upon him, was not exactly terminated and he did not die. If you notice other mentions of the word "yatawaffa" meaning to call back, you will realize that it is a different concept from death or end of life. In 39:42, God says "God calls back all souls at their death, and those who didn't die, in their sleep. He then holds the soul upon which He ordained death and releases the other one till a preset time." Thus we understand that everytime anybody goes to sleep, God calls back his or her soul! What happened to Jesus just before he was supposed to be captured by the Roman soldiers was that God recalled him and lifted him up then cast his likeness on Judas Escariot. This is quite different from death.

Another evidence that Jesus did not die is in 4:159, "Without exception every one of the people of the Book will believe in him before his death"

We also have several hadiths that tell us that Jesus will come back and that he is "a sign of the impending Hour (Day of Judgment)" (43:61)

Jazakallahu khayran akhi. I was reading this thread from the beginning and knew a correction had to be made here, masha'allah u got too it before me, and have much more knowledge on the subject.

I will add this though. English translations are very inperfect. Only Arabic is the actual Quran, everything else may have flaws in it. The best translation up to date is the one made by Muhsin Khan. THE ONLY translation which has the language "terminated" is in Shakir.

Here's how the same Ayah is placed with Muhsin Khan trans:

Sura [3] Aal-‘Imran :ayah 55

إِذْ قَالَ اللّهُ يَا عِيسَى إِنِّي مُتَوَفِّيكَ وَرَافِعُكَ إِلَيَّ وَمُطَهِّرُكَ مِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ وَجَاعِلُ الَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوكَ فَوْقَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ ثُمَّ إِلَيَّ مَرْجِعُكُمْ فَأَحْكُمُ بَيْنَكُمْ فِيمَا كُنتُمْ فِيهِ تَخْتَلِفُونَ

"And (remember) when Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you [of the forged statement that Jesus is Allah's son] of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but Allah) superior to those who disbelieve [in the Oneness of Allah, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, e.g. Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, etc., or in His Holy Books, e.g. the Torah, the Gospel, the Qur’an] till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."

to answer the question at hand. i might add that yes i suppose at that time i did consider one jewish person a "friend". Now at this point i would label them as "aquaintances" but whatever. We never really discussed religion. At a young age I was told not to discuss religion at school because it might get me in trouble or make extra trouble, Allah knows what. But I don't think that was the best policy. I should have been proud of my Islam, not avoiding it. Anyways though, the only reference that was made to religion was when it was once said about our "Group" where something like "It shows how diverse our Group is when even a Muslim and a Jew can be friends" I didn't get what was really meant by that. Sad, i didn't even know what Palastine was until a year ago. But the person concerned was only half Jew... lol, don't ask me how that works. Celebrated both Christmas and Hanukah or whatever. One parent was christian, one was jew... Allah knows best, but i think they were in it for the presents.

wasalam

kayleigh

I've only met like 2 Jews who supported Zionism. Most I know are either strongly against it and work actively to help Palestinians, or don't really care. The majority don't support Israel. Even the majority of Israelis don't support a lot of what the government is doing now.

I'd say that Muslims have misconceptions and are prejudiced against Jews more than Jews are against Muslims. Not all, obviously, but from people I've met and what I've seen from these forums it's a pretty common thing.

Jews aren't a different race. They're people with a different religion or a certain heritage.

shyhijabi i got a question..

isit true the secular jews are more ignorant of their religion than those orthodox jews who know that creating the state of israel is forbidden in the torah?

Doesn't secular mean, in general, not religious?

apocalypse77

I've only met like 2 Jews who supported Zionism. Most I know are either strongly against it and work actively to help Palestinians, or don't really care. The majority don't support Israel. Even the majority of Israelis don't support a lot of what the government is doing now.

I'd say that Muslims have misconceptions and are prejudiced against Jews more than Jews are against Muslims. Not all, obviously, but from people I've met and what I've seen from these forums it's a pretty common thing.

Jews aren't a different race. They're people with a different religion or a certain heritage.

Doesn't secular mean, in general, not religious?

yeah..those that only believe in god and jewish by name but didnt obey commandmends like avoid pork and alcohol

ShyHijabi

or isit the other way round that secular jews get along better with muslims ; esp those secular muslims (as much as i hate to say this) since they dont really practise their religion like thos eorthodox jews?

Jews are just like Muslims in this respect. Being born into a religion does not make a person devote so you see all sides of the spectrum. For instance, I have two born Muslims living in the apartment beneath me and we have dicussions about religion all the time. The other we were discussing the wives of the Prophet (pbuh) and they didn't realize he was married to nine wives.
In other words they did not understand that the Prophet (pbuh) practiced polygamy.

I do not consider this a small detail but rather an obvious one. I wsa shocked at their level of ignorance on their own religion that they had been raised in. So many times they do something and think it Islamic because "their parent's told them so" and there is no basis in Islam for it. I have noticed that any secular people tend like the company of like-minded folks.

Most supporters of Israel are not religios Jews but rather someone who knows very little about Judaism but was born into it.

But the person concerned was only half Jew... lol, don't ask me how that works. Celebrated both Christmas and Hanukah or whatever. One parent was christian, one was jew... Allah knows best, but i think they were in it for the presents.

There is no such thing as a half Jew...though I've heard even Jews use this term. By Jewish law you are a Jew if your mother is a Jew. If your mother is a gentile and your father a Jew...you do not "qualify." I have also met a Muslimah whose parents let them celebrate Christmas...presents and all.

~Sarah

Alaa

alslam alikom
i have many friends jewish...because i live in israel
there are many pretty and good jeswish...

slam alikom

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
alslam alikom
i have money friends jewish...because i live in israel
there are money pretty and good jeswish...

slam alikom

Salam Alaikum Alaa
the word money = misari
I think you mean "many"
MashAllah thats great, in an area where you think Jews are only friends with Jews and Muslims are only friends with Muslims this is nice to see......this is a step to peace inshAllah

apocalypse77

alslam alikom
i have money friends jewish...because i live in israel
there are money pretty and good jeswish...

slam alikom

mashallah..care to tell us more? this is interesting..esp as a muslim living in israel..i tot most jews in israel hated muslims

but then again the ones that are nice to you..are they the orthodox jews or the secular ones ( liek those in tel aviv ?)

Alaa

mashallah..care to tell us more? this is interesting..esp as a muslim living in israel..i tot most jews in israel hated muslims

but then again the ones that are nice to you..are they the orthodox jews or the secular ones ( liek those in tel aviv ?)

hhhhhhhhhhhhh
i am not a jewish...iam arabian muslim girl...
why the people don't know that in Israel there are 18% Arab...!!!!!!!!!!

whitecat

salaam sis Sara,
can u please tell me why do some Jew write word withe G-d instead of God.
Thanks
:wasalam:

Salaam,

I converted from Judaism to Islam last year so I think it's safe to say not all Jews hate Muslims. :) I come from an Orthodox Jewish family and have seen all sides of opinions on Islam. My family does not hate Muslims but they do fear them. They basically think I've lost my mind when I chode to convert.

Zionism is a horrible thing and luckily most orthodox Jews I know do NOT support Israel. Ironically, the Jews that I know that are not Orthodox seem to support the state of Israel without any education to back their beliefs. Weird, I know.

If you have any questions whatsoever please feel free to ask me. I am your sister in Islam and will not be offended. There are no dumb questions so please don't be shy...ask anything.

Wasalaam.

~Sarah

ShyHijabi

salaam sis Sara,
can u please tell me why do some Jew write word withe G-d instead of God.
Thanks

It's a sign of reverence. In Judaism there are many names for God but there is one in particular that is sacred. They believe it the actual name of the Creator given to Abraham(pbuh) and that it carries great power. The name was never written completely as they didn't want people to use it in vain, so they removed the vowel sounds.

Along this same train of thought the Jews will usually not write the enitre name of God in any language as a sign of reverence.

~Sarah

justoneofmillion

assalam,yep i had lot of jewish friends when i was in france they usely like to hang out with arabs believe it or not the culture is very close espescially the jews who come from Algeria morroco,or tunisia if you ask them even if they are born and raised in france they would tell you they are tunisians morrocans or Algerians and when they are angry they swear in arabic :astag: they cook arabic food the mothers dress in a very similar way to arabs and most of the time they speak arabic at home sepharadic jews most of my friends did not even speak jewish.. yallah don`t bore me maseltof!

wa shalomaleikhem

apocalypse77

assalam,yep i had lot of jewish friends when i was in france they usely like to hang out with arabs believe it or not the culture is very close espescially the jews who come from Algeria morroco,or tunisia if you ask them even if they are born and raised in france they would tell you they are tunisians morrocans or Algerians and when they are angry they swear in arabic :astag: they cook arabic food the mothers dress in a very similar way to arabs and most of the time they speak arabic at home sepharadic jews most of my friends did not even speak jewish.. yallah don`t bore me maseltof!

wa shalomaleikhem

theyre secular jews eh?

hijabiwonda

asalam alaikum sisters

i have not jewish friends, muslim or even non muslim so i cant comment on the now. but when i was at secondary school in the early 80s i had 2 jewish friends and they were so nice, kind an thougth a lot about other people. so as with all cultures i see good and bad in all. everyone has their own good and bad points.

wa salam
khadiah