My husband is not Muslim

Julie1134

I became Muslim in August, 2006. I have tried to teach my husband about Islam and he always listens. He has not said he wants to be Muslim, but he did say that he believes like a Muslim because he believes that Allah is the only God. He even said he wants one of the men's Islamic outfits with the long shirt, pants, and hat. (Sorry I don't know the correct words for it.) I think he wants to be Muslim, but he has never told me that. Last Ramadhan he fasted a little. I am not sure if he just wanted to try it or he wanted to support me.

I have heard it is haram to be married to a non-Muslim man. I love my husband and I could never divorce him. We have a 3 year old daughter and a baby boy who will be here very soon. He said it is ok to raise the children Muslim. Is it still haram to be married to a non-Muslim man if I am a convert to Islam? Inshallah he will be Muslim one day. I feel in my heart he will accept Islam when he is ready. :tti_sister:

:salam2: Dear sister dont worry right now. Start teaching him about islam slowly.Inshaallah i pray that he accept islam. Tell him he does not need to wear clothes to become a muslim. Western clothes are fine as long as he believes in islam

Asalaamalikum sister,

Warm welcomes and inshallah you will find this community very friendly, knowledgeable, and resourceful.

Mashallah you accepted the truth and may the rest of your life be fruitful.

It looks like your husband is on the verge of accepting Islam. It may be that he is hesitating on something. Please tell him to see a imam or have him join TTI, so we can help answer his questions.

Be patient and ask Allah to guide him.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

dear sister, i think you should have some patience with your husband. it seems that he is respectful of islam and is trying to understand islam. i think it's starting to touch his heart. he could've easily denounced your entrance to islam, but he didn't. so there is always a chance of him embracing islam. it just seems that there's something that he's waiting for before he actually converts. if he had opposition to islam, i doubt that he would have the desire to wear a thobe.

as far as the validity of your marriage is concerned. i think it's best to talk to your imam. i think that he may say that your marriage is still valid because you were married before embracing islam. it is a fact that a muslim woman should not marry a non-muslim man. so don't be surprised if the imam treads very carefully on this subject. inshAlla everything will work out just fine.

:wasalam:

Now Seriously, no matter the test is issue, its your husband, what ever it is about, do you think its right as a muslim woman to ask the whole world who has internet and wonder this things? does a Good muslim women do that? how bad is your marriage realy, you and your man seem to have no communication at all.
some who replied to you is 100 to islam that they cant even see a daily thing.
best of luck and hope you see the light for real, we are here to serv allah, we are his slaves. not here to complain.
/Erik

Hi Erik,

As a human being, please be kind and courteous to people and to new Muslim brothers and sisters. I know you are in the process of seeking truth too, but no one said about you complaining or anything. We've welcomed you and helped you answer your questions too. This website is open to anyone with any kind of question, comment, suggestion, problem, etc. So please refrain from being closed minded, because you are not in this sisters shoes. Thanks.

Peace

Julie1134

Now Seriously, no matter the test is issue, its your husband, what ever it is about, do you think its right as a muslim woman to ask the whole world who has internet and wonder this things? does a Good muslim women do that? how bad is your marriage realy, you and your man seem to have no communication at all.
some who replied to you is 100 to islam that they cant even see a daily thing.
best of luck and hope you see the light for real, we are here to serv allah, we are his slaves. not here to complain.
/Erik
I have been reading here for awhile, but this was my first post I have written. Since I live in a place with no Muslims and no mosques I thought it would be appropriate to ask the wonderful people here my question. I am not complaining about my husband, and I strive to be be a good Muslim Inshallah. Best wishes to you.

abdellah007

salam

salam alaykum sister julie.

my advice is : step by step with making do'aa to allah (swt) then he wont let u down. bcos i was in the same situation as urs. my friend was chritian and i was not confortable marrying a chritians girl. so i made lot of do'aas in every prayer, then allah answered them , now she is muslimah masha allah.. and we preparing for marriage insha allah.

keep seeking help from allah.

wassalam

I have heard it is haram to be married to a non-Muslim man. I love my husband and I could never divorce him. We have a 3 year old daughter and a baby boy who will be here very soon. He said it is ok to raise the children Muslim. Is it still haram to be married to a non-Muslim man if I am a convert to Islam? Inshallah he will be Muslim one day. I feel in my heart he will accept Islam when he is ready. :tti_sister:

Sister if he believed in one God there where is his problem to say la- ilaha-illallahu-mohammadur-rasullullah.?

what you have heard its true that you are not allowed to have a non-muslim husband.

but you have a plus point that he is from his heart like a muslim.To wear islamic dress or other rules he can practise after learning about islam but he should say shahada immediately, otherwise it has a bad effect on you(sin).

CaroleA

I became Muslim in August, 2006. I have tried to teach my husband about Islam and he always listens. He has not said he wants to be Muslim, but he did say that he believes like a Muslim because he believes that Allah is the only God. He even said he wants one of the men's Islamic outfits with the long shirt, pants, and hat. (Sorry I don't know the correct words for it.) I think he wants to be Muslim, but he has never told me that. Last Ramadhan he fasted a little. I am not sure if he just wanted to try it or he wanted to support me.

Assalamu Alaikum Julie,
Welcome to TTI. My prayers are with you. I am a new convert and in the same boat. I have sent you a PM if you wish to contact me for support.
Salam
CaroleA

AishaR

:salam2:

Welcome to the site & the family sister Julie.

I am pleased that you felt able to ask us for help with your dilemma. Inshallah your hubby will find it in his heart to take the correct path. I will make dua for you & your family.

:wasalam:
Sis Aisha

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK sister Julie and CaroleA,
Right now sister continue explaining him the tenets of islam. As he is showing positive signs i don't think you need to any take any drastic steps. i'm so happy to see your patience and love for your family. INSHALLAH sister you husband will be a muslim soon. All of us will remember you in our dua.

JAK

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam dear and sweet sister,

If you have been reading the posts you know by now I put my two cents in...why ..because I am at a point in my life that i can...

Sister, first thank you for trusting your Muslim family. Yes, you have very serious concerns. Some of us will give you good suggestions. Some will pray. Some will learn.

I am not a scholar. I am a believer. I can tell you this and it comes from the bottom of my heart: Allah in His Mercy will open doors for you. We will make dua for you. Pray to Allah with sincerety.

You have been very respectful of your husband. You did nothing but praise his efforts. Sister fill his world with the beauty of Islam. ( Brother Erik, she did not spill bedroom secrets, she did nothing but uphold him ).

The brothers and sisters of this forum will give you assistance. Just ask. InshAllah, the path will be easy for you.

PM me; I know a great place to get Muslim clothes on-line for a good price. The brother who runs it attends my masjid here in West Virginia...and yes, we have Muslims even in west virginia. ( forgive my attempt at being funny)

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam Sister,

Masha Allah sister at first I would like to congrates u for showing the corage and accepting the path of truth Islam and for the new commer (ur babe) in advance. I would really like to thankyou for thinking us eligable to share ur problem.

Sister masha allah its ncie to know that ur husband belive in one God sister muslims can dress any thing if it satisfy the dresscode (like covering ur body as mention, not skin tight, not transparent, not resembling other religons) of Islam. Insha allah by cing positive changes in u I m sure that ur hubby will inclined to the path of truth Islam insha allah.

Sister as Islam is a way of life so in every action of ur daily life u perform and say to ur hubby this how Islam say and every time say him wow what a religion it is, it guide us in all the ways and so on. I pray to Allah to solve ur problem and give u the best. Ameen.

This what i think to my lil knowledge rest Allah and u know better as u facing the situation. Once again CONGRATES and THANKS.

Fiaman lila

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam Aliakum Julie,

I thinks it's wonderful you are sticking with your husband and showing him the beauty of Islam. There are a lot of people out there that when one converts to Islam the other spouse leaves the relationship. It's wonderful that he is showing a genuine understanding and interest in Islam.
I'd suugest you ask him if he wants to go to the mosque with you, I know you said it was far from where you live but you guys could make a little road trip of it and just spend the day together.
Wish you all the best!

Salam

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Assalamu alaikum sister,

You mentioned that there are no masjids (or mosques) in your corner of KY. If you live anywhere near the larger towns, you might be surprised. Many times masjids in smaller or rural areas are often found in someone's home. Inshallah, google something like "paducah, ky, islamic center" and see what pops up. I will make du'a for you and that your husband eventually accepts Islam.

wa salam