My posts are disappearing

Kayote

:salam2:

Mods,

Please can this be looked into. I posted a couple of replies last night & few this morning & now I cannot see anyone of them. Please advise.

Regards,

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Mods,

Please can this be looked into. I posted a couple of replies last night & few this morning & now I cannot see anyone of them. Please advise.

Regards,

wa alaykum salam, they were probably in sections which are moderated..

they should be up.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
I had the same problem, brother - I made an update on my Intro thread. It was there all afternoon, all evening, and then POOF! it was gone. I also noticed that the "views" of that thread had dropped aswell.

Also, I made a few Greetings! posts to our new members - and late last night they also disappeared. There was even one post, and I remember this clearly, from a Canadian Muslim in Toronto - her first post - I was the first to respond in welcoming her and POOF! the entire thread is gone.

I don't know what is going on. I felt as it Shaiitan was trying to undermine our progress here or something in the form of a technical glitch, if you know what I mean.

I do not have many technical skills to offer much advice, but I just wanted to confirm Brother Kayote's post. I hope this isn't happening rampantly. May I suggest double-checking your internal security and data integrity?

Assalamu Alaikum =)

3assal

Salam,

Some posts have to be approved by Moderators. So please be patient they will appear to all members shortly :)

w/s

3assal :)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Can you give the dates please for this prob???

It could have been when this website was moved over to a new server... I think i lost some posts too!! I had one in Islamic pics thread which took me long time to make .

wasalam.

InshaAllah the problem was temporary one, for just that night..

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Certainly, Brother - I am quite sure this occured between 10pm and the following hours - on the 20th of September (as per -7hrs GMT). I've said a prayer during a Sallah that this be only a temporary glitch, so I believe we may be in the clear... for now at least. =) MashaAllah, it does seem so.

Peace be with you all today, and with your families. =)

Submitter

If the posts have in fact disappeared into nowhere, then I know from the way discussion boards work your post count should have decreased. Did you notice this? If the count has decreased then they must have disappeared somehow. If it has not decreased then they will be on the forum somewhere. But who knows where!? :)

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

If the posts have in fact disappeared into nowhere, then I know from the way discussion boards work your post count should have decreased. Did you notice this? If the count has decreased then they must have disappeared somehow. If it has not decreased then they will be on the forum somewhere. But who knows where!? :)

Wa alaykum salam,

This is an Old thread.

Posts disappeared due to Server Changes..... without getting to techy it was due to slow Name Servers update.

If the website team delete or edit anything in a post, we try our best to contact the person and explain why.

Wasalam.

Submitter

Sorry, thought I'd reply since the problem did not seem to have a final resolution decision. No worries :)