Allah-Akbar

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Sakinah
When this Catholic lady's husband abruptly announced that he had become a Muslim, she left him... then later slowly found her own way to Islam. A remarkable story with a twist in the tail.

Once upon a time a lovely young woman married a handsome, young pre-med student in a big beautiful Catholic wedding. One year later, that young man said to his wife, "I do not want wine with dinner tonight. I made shahada at a mosque today and I am now a Muslim. I think you should quit your job in banking. Interest is unlawful. You should cover your hair and wear long dresses called jilbabs. His wife replied, " I believe that you have lost your mind". He handed her a translation of the Quran and said, "Please just read this". She skimmed it until she found a verse she had heard about: .....As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them, refuse to share their beds, and beat them ;............*

She said, "This is why I am leaving you" and she left.

She was tortured by her decision to leave. Until that fateful night, she'd had , she thought, a good marriage to a wonderful man. He wrote letters to her every week, apologizing for springing his decision on her and telling her new things that he had learned about his religion, Islam. She read the letters and tossed them away. Islam was too foreign, too strange. He was crazy, right? She noticed that articles about Islam and Muslims started to catch her eye. After a while, the more she read, the more she wanted to know. She started looking for more information about Islam to understand exactly what had happened her husband and what he might have found in Islam that was so intriguing. His letters started coming with less frequency, every couple of months, then once a month and then none.

Just as she was becoming aware of the beauty and truth of Islam, tragedy struck. Her husband's best friend was killed. She heard about it on the news and from family friends. She dressed in her best modest, somber but stylish clothing and went to the funeral. She went to give her condolences to the family but also to see her husband whom she had not seen in more than a year. When he saw her, tears filled his eyes. They embraced. As they held each other, she whispered in his ear, "I have something to tell you. I have been studying Islam. If we get back together, it will be good now. I understand you." He held her a little longer, tears streamed from his eyes. He let go and turned away. "Remember the last letter I wrote you, back in August."

"Yes".

"I wrote that if you didn't respond, I was going to make some decisions about my life."

"Yes, I thought you were going to divorce me, but you didn't. We can be happy together now. I want to be a Muslim."

"Well, when you didn't respond, I married a woman in a religious ceremony called a nikkah. She is my wife now too. She is pregnant with my child. Let me introduce you to her........

Well, what happened after that is nothing short of the miracle of Allah (SWT). His new wife, masha'Allah, was a muslima with beautiful iman. She taught me everything I needed to know about Islam from a woman's perspective, how to make wudu, make salah in Arabic, and how to thikr. She gave me tapes to listen to and great books to read (I highly recommend "The Prescribed Prayer Made Simple" by Tajuddin B Shuaib) . I made shahada in front of my ex-husband, his new wife, and some of their friends. Alhamdulillah.

P.S. I got a legal and Islamic divorce from this man. In my opinion, polygamy, though permitted, is not a good situation for a new Muslim. His new wife was quite relieved.