1 Habit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:

To understand that were all shapes and sizes and we dont fit into muslim shaped boxes. Sometimes we still have bits sticing out so the tops cant close no matter how we try.

Its not about fitting into a box its about being who YOU are.

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

I have been thinking about this subject for a while, a detailed post in your reply with references from Qur'aan & Sunnah to follow later...

Just one thing...NEVER! fail to criticise me...I am a human and liable to error and always need of correction.

Khuda-e-Baman!

brother GP, i respect your love for islam and dedication. as i really like reading your posts, i feel compelled to point out something that you mentioned earlier on this thread.
you said you are a PATHAN ....your forefathers have done for more than 2000+ years. does that mean you take pride on your forefathers even before islam came to our land (i am also a pukhtun)?
not all the muslims in the world and paritcularly on this forum are PATHAN, but the good muslims are far better than our PATHAN FOREFATHERS before islam.
even after islam, not ALL of our forefathers were perfect muslims.
The point is, lets not get carried away. pride is not liked by Allah swt.
I am sorry brother, but i had to finally say it.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah
Da Allah Pa Amaan

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
thank you brother and Jazakallah khair for your warm reply.
i am looking forward to enlightening myself on this particular subject in the light of islam.

wassalam
your brother

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

As previously stated that this topic has been cooking in my head for a long time and I wanted to write something on it; but there are certain aspects which are still not fully cooked for me to put into words!

So I will simply suffice at answering your query and as always your comments will be most welcome to set me straight!

First and foremost the prohibition of National/Ethnic superiority is pretty straight forward and clear-cut in Islam, i.e. there is no room for it as stated in the last Sermon of Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam):

There is only one God, and no Arab is superior to a Non-Arab; nor is a Non-Arab superior to an Arab; a White is not superior to a Black, nor a Black over the White. The only criterion for superiority is Taqwa – i.e. righteousness, piety, and God-consciousness.​

However in my humble and unqualified opinion, stating your racial and ethnic identity is different to deeming yourself superior to anyone else! I don’t believe that I have stated ANYWHERE that I am somehow superior to other Muslims with respect to my ethnicity...

And that’s what I understand from the Tafseer of Ibn-Katheer (RA)...

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=49&tid=49885

Islamic history is littered with poetry and historical references where Mujahedeen in the think of battle have refereed to bravery & chivalry of men (By saying O tribe of so & so, O people of so & so....)

I hope that clears the point...

Stuff is still cooking in my head so please come back...

Identifying your past & thinking yourself as superior (because of it) are 2 distinct issues!

brother GP, i respect your love for islam and dedication. as i really like reading your posts, i feel compelled to point out something that you mentioned earlier on this thread.
you said you are a PATHAN ....your forefathers have done for more than 2000+ years. does that mean you take pride on your forefathers even before islam came to our land (i am also a pukhtun)?
not all the muslims in the world and paritcularly on this forum are PATHAN, but the good muslims are far better than our PATHAN FOREFATHERS before islam.
even after islam, not ALL of our forefathers were perfect muslims.
The point is, lets not get carried away. pride is not liked by Allah swt.
I am sorry brother, but i had to finally say it.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah
Da Allah Pa Amaan

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I hope I am reading this properly. It is important to have a distinct understanding of your past ( individual and collective ). Only upon reflection can we let go of those habits and attributes that hold us to this world. This is a purging process. Let me put it simply. We often clean our houses. We do a spring cleaning. We toss stuff. The objects that we once held dear we may touch a little tenderly but we make the decision that we no longer are in need of it. Some have yard sales and other give to charity...and some stuff should be put immediately into the garbage. We gain a sense of lightness.

The same principles apply to our growth and development as human beings and particulary belivers. Psychologically, this is akin to meditation, alpha waves...we need to clear our minds to think about what is best for all of the world.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brother GP!
good to hear from you. I think i understand where you are coming from and i thoroughly agree with you to that extent.

the reason i raised this point was just to remind everyone (including myself) that this issue is very sensitive and should be approached cautiously.

based on my limited knowledge of the history of islamic empire as well as the current divide among different muslim nations, i can say that the rise of nationalism among muslims in the past played a very destructive role.

nationalism and sense of supriority on one another among muslims perhaps started in an innocent way and finally reached a dangereous level. arabs, turks, persians, afghans.....all started to see themselves more pious than the others, or deserving rulers of islamic empire and this led to unfortunate consequences. my dear brother, i am sure you know i was only pointing to caution.

nationalism leads to ignorance (takabbur) and that is SHIRK which causes destruction in this world and it is unforgiveable in the hereafter.

on the other side, nurturing positive collective habits of a nation is certainly a very constructive effort and i understand that THIS IS what you are talking about.
for example, prophet Ibrahim AS was a very hospitable person and Pakhtuns are known for this prophetic habbit, which is good and should be encouraged.

simillarly, other muslims (as a nation) have other good qualities and should be praised and promoted.

conclusion: we agree on the same points, alhamdulellah

wassalam

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy

I will vote for "puritiy of intention". When we help someone or any good work we do for other, we should expect reward only from Allah.

Wasalam

falasteny

One of the companions of the Prophet () asked, straight-up: “Can a Muslim be a liar?” He () said “No! A Muslim can never be a liar!” [Malik's Muwatta]
sobhan allah
the leaderr lies to his ommah
and the business owner lies to his customer
and the teacher lies to his students
and the friend lies to his friends
and the husband lies to his wife and so she
and both lies to the kids and so they do
and all of us lie to our selfs
how many times do we lie a day?
how many times do we hear lies a day?
how many lies do we live in?
we all knows that lies never finished a problem so why we hear lies every day?
i think if people stop all those lies we muslims and all others will be living in a clean world
god helps us over our selfs inshallah

Shot at 2007-06-24

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

I will go for UNITY AMONGST THE SCHOLARS for I think if the learned leaders cannot stand united then how the poor Ummah, who follow them blindly, will ?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Utopia

I will go for UNITY AMONGST THE SCHOLARS for I think if the learned leaders cannot stand united then how the poor Ummah, who follow them blindly, will ?

Is the unity of muslims possible/ realistic??

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Nationalism has really created a lot of rift in the Muslim Ummah, which has disintegrated into parts and fragments.

I remember one of the Sahabas ( I forgot the name, hope somebody puts it) took 14 or more years to memorise Surah Al Baqarah. But his memory was great. Still he took this much long time because he did not memorise the next verse of the Surah until and unless he practically put into effect the previous verse. We talk a lot, all the time, but we forget to analyse ourselves for whose sake we are doing this talking. To get attention from people, to show off to people, to feel pride that people are listening attentively to our talks etc etc.

Few weeks back a sheikh came to our mosque. He was from Saudi. Guess what !!! This guy has no beard at all. Clean shaved, wearing a marvelous expensive dress. He was delivering the khutbah in arabic. I could not understand most part but he was talking with seriousness, I can guess by the way he was speaking. His face, his eyes spoke it all.

But while leading the prayers he made mistakes in reciting some verses, which an old person standing next to me rectified. After the prayers the Imam of our mosque spoke for a few minutes that we should not rectify from so far behind ( I think I was standing on the 5th or 6th row ). This old man went and protested.

What I can guess is that our Imam did not want this visiting Sheikh to get insulted or something like that when this old man rectified him. What does this show?

Again in our mosque there are arabic lessons for all. Christians, Jews, Muslims etc. But you would find it hard to believe that when non-muslim woman comes in tight outfits (unislamic dress) the mosque authorities do not say a single word. I talked about this to one brother who works in the mosque administration. He said you cannot force them to change their dress. But I said atleast you can tell them to dress modestly. These are arabs. I dont mean anything bad to these brothers, but I find it so sick that when we call ourselves Muslims we should always remember our duty towards Allah SUbhanahu wa Taala, not worry about what people would think.

wa/salam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Yes akhi.
But you know, we are incomparable to the abt 1.3 billion muslims. For a start it is good.

Since we are humans, some of us have different opinions . With different opinions how can we stand unite. :hearts:

amyaishazouaoui

OK how about can we try to not, discuss argue etc about itty bitty teny weeny "difference of opinion" fiqh issues. Like where do u put your hands in salat, like do you wiggle your finger or keep it still.........you getting me. OK I know youre all going to bash me but .....when I became a muslim people bombarded with me with madhad difference of opinion stuff and it SERIOUSLY affected my iman. I even got to a point where i truely believed that all the salat i had offered for 18 months had not even had a chance of being accepted!! :(

I was talking just the other day to someone about how I only discovered to recite surah al fatiha in every rakat!!!! Why didnt someone sit me down and ask me to "pray" out loud to check what I was doing was atleast correct in term of the MAJOR BASICS????

The greatest divisions between the ummah I can see are for itty bitty things like this and it weakens us, shaytaan is dividing us and is winning,,.....why.....because we are so proud and arrogant that we cant just let things be and understand there is a difference in opinion.

Mosque A doesnt talk to mosque B...why??? because of a itty bitty teeny weeny small difference of opinion.

Nutters from mosque A threaten beautiful nice people from mosque B.....why....because of a slight difference of opinion.

Sorry, it was a rant and i intend to try my best not to get into silly arguments about tiny fiqh issues when there are greater things to be dealing with ( like educating our youth so they know its not ok to drive cars into airport teminals )

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:) :salam2:

Brother you must have read these verses.

And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allâh (i.e. this Qur'ân), and be not divided among yourselves[], and remember Allâh's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islâmic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allâh makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided. (103)
Yes akhi.
But you know, we are incomparable to the abt 1.3 billion muslims. For a start it is good.

Since we are humans, some of us have different opinions . With different opinions how can we stand unite. :hearts:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

OK how about can we try to not, discuss argue etc about itty bitty teny weeny "difference of opinion" fiqh issues. Like where do u put your hands in salat, like do you wiggle your finger or keep it still.........you getting me. OK I know youre all going to bash me but .....when I became a muslim people bombarded with me with madhad difference of opinion stuff and it SERIOUSLY affected my iman. I even got to a point where i truely believed that all the salat i had offered for 18 months had not even had a chance of being accepted!! :(

I was talking just the other day to someone about how I only discovered to recite surah al fatiha in every rakat!!!! Why didnt someone sit me down and ask me to "pray" out loud to check what I was doing was atleast correct in term of the MAJOR BASICS????

The greatest divisions between the ummah I can see are for itty bitty things like this and it weakens us, shaytaan is dividing us and is winning,,.....why.....because we are so proud and arrogant that we cant just let things be and understand there is a difference in opinion.

Mosque A doesnt talk to mosque B...why??? because of a itty bitty teeny weeny small difference of opinion.

Nutters from mosque A threaten beautiful nice people from mosque B.....why....because of a slight difference of opinion.

Sorry, it was a rant and i intend to try my best not to get into silly arguments about tiny fiqh issues when there are greater things to be dealing with ( like educating our youth so they know its not ok to drive cars into airport teminals )

You brought up a great point .

Firstly , regarding difference in fiqh opinion is fine. Dont worry, sister. But the thing that can really unite us is aqeedah and tawheed...

Im quite confident , if every muslims aqeedah and tawheed is the same. InshAllah we can unite, But for now , the way i see it is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.