Advice on Glasgow Bombing:Must Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Advice on the Glasgow & London Bombings

Abu Eesa
Courtesy of Prophetic Guidance

All praise is due to God and may His peace and blessings be upon His Messenger Muhammad, (who was) indeed a mercy onto mankind (rahmatun lil-'âlamîn).

What we feared most has happened.

The terrorists have hit the cities, intending nothing but the indiscriminate massacre of thousands of innocent men, women and children, regardless of colour, race or religion.

It is only by the grace and mercy of God that circumstances allowed us to minimise the loss of life for it could have been so much horribly worse.

Our sincerest condolences and prayers must be with those who have been affected by this tragedy. I doubt there is a single Muslim in the entire UK who doesn't know someone caught up either directly or indirectly in the mayhem and chaos of London yesterday morning. The mixed emotions of intense relief upon receiving confirmation of safety from loved ones and friends coupled with the grief felt for those who have lost fathers, husbands, wives and other beloved ones can only have left the hearts heaving under the weight of feeling.

The Muslims find themselves in a state of confusion - What should they believe? What does Islamic Law (ash-sharî'ah) say? What should they tell other Muslims? What should they tell other non-Muslims?

Islamic Law

Let all Muslims be in no doubt whatsoever. This attack in London against innocent civilians cannot be justified under Islamic Law.

The evidences are now well known to this fact and only the most stubborn and ignorant of Islamic Law and its aims and objectives can refuse to believe this. For those who wish to still debate the legal 'permissibility' of such an atrocity, let them refer to the English version of "The Sanctity of Human Life" (this book will be posted, God Willing, on this site).

As Muslims, if we don't feel an utter revulsion at such attacks, then we must seriously consider our level and quality of faith (îmân). It does not befit those who carry the divine message of peace and justice that is Islam to have such hatred and disregard against our fellow neighbours and human beings.

There are no ifs and buts about this, regardless of international events and foreign policies. The heart which rejoices in the massacre of innocent people is anything but a heart, whatever 'justification' it might find from the continuing massacres and injustices in foreign Muslim lands.

Whoever wants Islam to be promoted throughout the world only does so because they wish for justice and divine knowledge to prevail over the oppression we witness today. Is what we have seen yesterday the precursor of justice and knowledge or rather ignorance and oppression? Will we also, those who claim to bring the panacea to this utter chaos, descend to the same depths of the same depraved fanatics that are orchestrating the destruction of our Community (ummah)?

This is not the Prophetic Guidance (al-hady an-nabawi). Rather we are as our guide and leader, the Prophet Muhammad, described himself, peace be upon him, that, "Of a surety, I was not sent as a Bringer of curses; indeed I was sent as a Mercy." [Recorded by Muslim]

Advice to Muslims

One feels it is vital to consider the following points in response to the tragedy to have hit our capital city

Be normal. Be real. Be sincere. If you find that you are having to put a show on, that you have underlying feelings of doubt and confusion over these attacks then please consult the people of knowledge, for we fear for your heart and your Islam. If from your sincere real self you cannot bring about a basic level of compassion to fight against this terrorism and to help those affected in every way possible, then your heart needs urgent help and guidance.

For all Muslims to now recoil back into their homes, their mosques, their ghettos etc as has been suggested by some Muslim leaders would be the biggest mistake possible. Indeed, the safety of Muslim women and children is of concern but to exhibit a siege mentality will only worsen things and allow the extremist fanatics of both 'sides' to gain a moral victory. Rather, we should come out more confident than ever, in all our varying walks of life to indeed show our fellow British citizens that we are as normal and human as ever. We were their friends, assistants, doctors, pharmacists, engineers, builders and neighbours before the terrorist attacks, and we will be the very same to them after these attacks. Our friendship, co-operation and mutual compassion has not suddenly dissolved into thin air despite the concerted attempts of fanatics from all quarters.

We must afford our fellow non-Muslim citizens more honour and dignity than we currently do. To rather patronisingly assume that we are suddenly about to come under attack from our neighbours is both naïve and insulting. They have looked after us well in this country, as we have them, and we must not let the threats of the scaremongering right-wing groups destroy this relationship. The Muslims have always been under the threat of abuse and physical attack from such a fringe, before 9/11, after 9/11 and it will continue as long as ignorance remains – we should always have been alert to this fact as a very visible minority and that shouldn't change any further now.

Let those who believe that by letting our Islamic identity slip and amalgamate even further into disbelief (kufr) do so. They will not only disgrace themselves in the eyes of God but also in the eyes of the wider community as a people who live on their knees to terrorism. We are not such a people, rather we are people of God, a people who accept the tests and trials thrown at them whilst asking our Lord for steadfastness and a strong back to bear the burden – that is the way of the people of faith. God says in His Final Testament,

"Do not weaken and do not despair, for you shall be uppermost if you are indeed people of faith." [Al-Qur'ân]

Do not engage in pointless recriminations and ‘justification' against the rhetoric being espoused by some at these sensitive times. All people with common sense and justice recognise the real roots of terrorism but we do not need to be reminded about it in our times of difficulty and pain. We know that this chaos and oppression of the innocent in our 'Western' world will continue as long as the said continues in the rest of the world. These are the unfortunate times we live in, but now is a time for help, solidarity, healing and unity. Do not let your misplaced emotions ruin this delicate equilibrium.

Advice to non-Muslims

Above all, be reassured that we Muslims as fellow British citizens stand side by side with you in your times of pain, for it is our pain. We are as British as you are. Don't think any different simply because we may not join in at the pub, celebrate the same religious festivals, dress differently, have beards and have Muslim women who maintain a modest covering of their bodies.

Forgive us if you start to get fed up of all the 'mercy' and 'compassion' (rhetoric you may feel) you will hear from many Muslim public figures. They truly and honestly have no real other idea on how to explain their collective embarrassment and 'guilt' for that which has affected us all. In these times of suspicion and confusion, how exactly do a people condemn such an atrocity 'properly'? How does one best exhibit their 'solidarity' to their fellow general public with whom we have always assumed that we were in solidarity with anyway! We simply can't understand how we can be viewed any differently from before and we are struggling to represent ourselves in the best possible light. Please bear with us.

Please also remember, if you still have any remaining doubts, that these were attacks aimed at not only innocent British citizens, but in particular one might add, British Muslim citizens. Not only are Aldgate and Edgware Road well known Muslim areas in London, but there are a high percentage of Muslim employees of the London Underground who man the various London stations as is well known to London commuters. Hence your indignation is our indignation, your suffering our suffering and your desire for peace is our absolute desire for peace.

And God knows best.
mahussain3*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

visionusman

being content
All this extremely sad really. And worst of all these guys were well educated doctors and were in well payed jobs. I can't understand what possessed them to do something so evil and sooooo stupid. What is wrong with them?

amyaishazouaoui

All this extremely sad really. And worst of all these guys were well educated doctors and were in well payed jobs. I can't understand what possessed them to do something so evil and sooooo stupid. What is wrong with them?

:salam2:

I agree with you. In our graduation ceremony all of the med students had to stand and pledge allegiance to help everyone regarless of their race colour religion etc.... (i cant remember the name of this)

But on a plus note, i feel alot safer in the city centre with the police everywhere......no one is going to get me when a policemen are watching us like hawks eh???

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Why do we Muslims still believe in whatever these kuffars have to say ? Why believe those arrested were really the ones who carried out those attacks? Why believe in whatever BBC, CNN or any other news media says? Do they have any proof for those arrested?

In spain there were bombings too, carried out by ETA militants, a separatist group. Why are they not on headlines?

Why only Muslims are blaming Muslims together with the kuffars?

jameelah-va

But on a plus note, i feel alot safer in the city centre with the police everywhere......no one is going to get me when a policemen are watching us like hawks eh???[/QUOTE]
It doesn't matter where you are or who you are surrounded by if it's time for you to go, then trust me no one can save you, regardless of how many police officers are watching and guarding.:salam2:

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
What would you say about this ?

One of the five was identified as Mohammed Jamil Asha, a "brilliant" neurosurgeon from Jordan.

Asha, who has a Palestinian origin, was born in Saudi Arabia and carries a Jordanian passport, The Independent has learnt.

Asha, 26, has been in Britain since 2005 and had worked at the North Staffordshire Hospital.

His Palestinian-born wife Dana, a 27-year-old medical assistant, has also been taken into custody.

Another doctor was named as Bilal Abdulla, an Iraqi who arrived in the UK in April 2006.

He is said to have been one of the two men in the Cherokee Jeep that rammed into the main gates of Glasgow airport terminal on Saturday, June 30, and is suffering from third-degree burns, according to the Independent.

Abdullah is said to be a locum doctor at the Royal Alexandra Hospital where he is now being treated.

He was operated on Monday but doctors said his chances of survival were slim, according to The Daily Telegraph.

Abdullah's companion, under arrest, is also from Iraq, while two other men, aged 25 and 28, arrested Monday were said to be doctors from Saudi Arabia, the Independent said.

Meanwhile, Australian police arrested an Indian doctor in connection with Britain's foiled car bombs as he was trying to leave the country.

The 27-year-old, identified by media as Mohamed Haneef, worked as a hospital registrar on Australia's glitzy Gold Coast.

The ABC quoted sources as saying British police asked Australian authorities to detain a person who had a phone conversation with one of the suspects held in Britain.

Model

Asha's family described him as a "brilliant" surgeon who kept aloof from politics.

"My son is innocent," his father Jamil told Agence France-Presse (AFP) in Jordon.

"He is not the type to get involved in political issues. My son is incapable of such acts," he said, describing him as a calm man who rarely got angry.

Brother Abdel Qader said Asha was apolitical man, who was only interested in pursuing his academic career.

"We were all very surprised to hear this news on TV this morning. Mohammed has only ever been interested in his studies and he was very happy in Britain," he told the Guardian.

"And if he was going to do something like this he wouldn't take his wife and baby with him."

Abdel-Qader described his brother as an outstanding student who had graduated from the Jordan University hospital in 2004 after completing his secondary education at the prestigious Jubilee College in Amman.

The college is a private school for students with high intellectual ability and commitment to scholarship.

Abdel-Qader said Asha rang the family home in Amman last Thursday.

"He asked everyone what present they wanted and what color clothes and so on. He was happy and looking forward to coming home. We don't understand how this could happen. Is it because he's a Muslim?"

Asha, his wife, and their three-year-old son, Anas, had been due to fly home to visit the family next week and had booked tickets on Royal Jordanian Airlines.

Asha's British neighbors also could not believe that the family could be involved in such a horrific plot.

"She was very pleasant. She seemed very shy, a bit sheepish, but was nice," Molly Durham, 83, told the Guardian of Dana.

The same was said about Haneef, the Indian doctor held in Australia.

Colleagues at the Gold Coast Hospital saw him as a good junior doctor and a good citizen, Queensland Premier Peter Beattie told reporters.

"According to the hospital he has been a good employee, he has been rostered to general medicine and emergency," he added.

"The doctor was regarded by the hospital in many senses to be a model citizen."

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
He has wife, kids. Is he mad to do such an act? A Muslim doctor cannot even leave the country (australia) but a christian or jewish or hindu doctor can ?

They want those persons inside the burning car remain inside and get burnt. Is anybody insane to remain inside a burning car? Would he not try to go out and run from the burning machine?

This is not the first time to hold a MUSLIM without any reason or proof ? They will continue to arrest like this. After some days either they will sorry and leave them or send to Guantanamo because he seems or might have terrorist links?
( NOT EVEN SURE HE HAS OR NOT )

And Muslims will continue to ponder why Muslims are doing these kind of acts?

This is sick, insane and ridiculous.

AishaR

This is the third consecutive year this sort of thing has happened & I am struggling to understand it. I can not understand why educated, family men would do this sort of thing. Are we right to believe what we are being told by the government/media?
Is it our brothers that are carrying out these horrid crimes or are they victims of the system. I really do not know what to believe anymore.

:wasalam:

loveislam1

Asalam alikoum wa rhamtallah
I for one as a american muslim feel I am being pressured to take the side of my country or my religion. I for one no longer beleive even one thing that comes from the media/governments of the west. I for one pity the men who are under suspicion of terrorism, for 9 times out of 10 they are merely scapegoats for a bigger agenda. And they are considered guilty and not even given a chance to respond on thier behalf, it is all a bunch of propoganda and I for one am sick of it.

Inshallah before we start calling muslims "misguided" or "silly" we should first find out the facts, give them a chance to talk, (a cahnce which they arent given) and say at the very least GOD KNOWS BEST (Allahu Alym) since we do not know the truth or relaity to the situations......

2.11 And when it is said to them, Do not make mischief in the land, they say: We are but peace-makers. 2.12 Now surely they themselves are the mischief makers, but they do not perceive.

island muslim

Asalam alikoum wa rhamtallah
I for one as a american muslim feel I am being pressured to take the side of my country or my religion. I for one no longer beleive even one thing that comes from the media/governments of the west. I for one pity the men who are under suspicion of terrorism, for 9 times out of 10 they are merely scapegoats for a bigger agenda. And they are considered guilty and not even given a chance to respond on thier behalf, it is all a bunch of propoganda and I for one am sick of it.

Inshallah before we start calling muslims "misguided" or "silly" we should first find out the facts, give them a chance to talk, (a cahnce which they arent given) and say at the very least GOD KNOWS BEST (Allahu Alym) since we do not know the truth or relaity to the situations......

2.11 And when it is said to them, Do not make mischief in the land, they say: We are but peace-makers. 2.12 Now surely they themselves are the mischief makers, but they do not perceive.

Salaam Alaiykum akhi,

I have to agree with you my brother.

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

I just heard that some brothers were arrested just now in UK for ordering GAS. How stupid is that???? :eek:

So now being muslim you can't order cooking gas??? I heard that the brother in question runs a restaurent so he ordered 3 units like he ALWAYS does...

This sounds SO stupid... just imagine what he would be going through

visionusman

being content

This is the third consecutive year this sort of thing has happened & I am struggling to understand it. I can not understand why educated, family men would do this sort of thing. Are we right to believe what we are being told by the government/media?
Is it our brothers that are carrying out these horrid crimes or are they victims of the system. I really do not know what to believe anymore.

:wasalam:
Well how can you disagree with the fact that the half burnt man was a doctor? How can u doubt that he did drive that cherokee in to the airport. This is extremely sad as I said. Just spells very bad news for all of us. I will never understand why?

David Gould

We stand together

While I know that for many of my fellow bereaved people from the 7/7 atrocities the events of the last few days may have brought us an uncomfortable reminder of the awful time two years ago it will also serve to show that Muslims in this country reject the path of violence. Once again the Muslim Council for Great Britain was amongst the first to condemn these events and distance the Islamic community from the ways of violence.
As a Christian I feel very strong links and bonds that exist between the three great world faiths. With the dangers facing the world it is a time for those of faith to stand together against evil in all its manifestations. The blowing up of innocent people is always wrong whether practiced by military personnel or criminals. No one can claim such actions in any way reflect the beliefs of those that know and love and serve the one God (whatever we call Him).
I have personally read the Holy Qur'an and am yet to find the justification for such evil from any of the ninety nine names of our God. I would suggest that such a reading might help to allay others who fear the Islamic way of life. I can embrace any Muslim that follows in the ways as set out in their book and feel that we are on the same side.
While Britain is the focus at present due to our illegal invasion and occupation of a Muslim country it is wrong to target all British people in the same way as it is wrong to lump all Muslims together with the few hotheads that wish to set the world ablaze. They may be heading to hell but few will want to join them. Most have discovered the secret contained in the first few words of the Qur'an: "This is the book: In it is guidance sure, without doubt, To those that fear Allah;....Most Gracious, Most Merciful....The Sustainer of the Worlds." He who sustains could never demand the callous deaths of the innocent. He who is Merciful will show mercy.
It is essentual that at this time we stand together united against a common foe.
On Saturday I shall bow my head in rememberance of all those that died on that July morning two years ago both Muslim and non-Muslim alike; slaughtered in an indisciminate manner. I shall pray to God, the one and only God, He who sustains us all that we can learn to live in a more tolerant, peaceful and loving world. Please for that powerful time join me in prayer for such a world, for such a peace, for such a love.

:SMILY252:

ripefig

This thread is articulate and well said. I felt great sorrow to hear the news and even some anger. There is no doubt that my beautiful and peaceful religion is being distorted and corrupted by some people. However, who are these people and what is their mission. It pains me to see Muslims apologizing on behalf of these people before they are tried and convicted. It is like conceding they are guilty. For one moment consider yourself in their situation. What if you are held for a crime you didn't commit, and to top it off you have Muslims apologizing for your alleged wrong doing. If the media is 100% right with this story then the accused has done a great injustice and evil and by all means be punished for an unimaginable crime against humanity, however if the media and others are distorted, then shame on us who did not give these men the benefit of doubt. No Muslim would do or even imagine to do such evil. Remember oh Muslims, like for your brothers what you like for yourselves. I understand our eagerness to prove to others that this is not what Islam is about, however we should get all the facts before we condemn others.:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Assalamu Alaykum,

There is not only no Space for terrorism in Islam, there is absolutely no space for unjust revenge.

We got to think according to the original teachings of Islam, the Quran and the Sunnah, and get our understanding from the earliest of Muslims.

It is true that the US, UK and many of their allies have indeed killed and massacred 100,000s of people. Infact, the latest estimate is 1 Million people in Iraq have been killed due to the War there.

The Muslim world is weak and for the past few centuries has been dealt one humiliating blow after another. From the British invasion and occupation of India and Afghanistan through to what is happening today in Iraq, Palestine and Chechnya.

The reason for this weakness is indeed partly due to the nature of other states wanting to capitalise, invade and occupy. Or in case of Israel wanting to establish a Jewish state by kicking out the original inhabitants, be they Palestinian Muslims or Christians.

However, it is completely unjustified to blame whole communities for these outrages. Some people go around complaining about the "Jews" doing this and that or the "Americans" being evil.. but, have failed to realise that not all people are like that. - And even if a lot of these people condone the injustices of their leaders, i.e. Republican supporters or the Zionist supporters of Israel. It is wrong and unjustified for someone to go about trying to kill these people. It is murder.

If someone is guilty of a crime, they must be dealt with through the proper legal system. Obviously, if someone is meting out what they percieve to be "Islamic justice", then they have no right to do that. That has to be done in an Islamic state, with proper fair courts and judges.

So, this idea that "they kill our people, we kill theirs" has no basis in Islam. These people who commit the crime of terrorism are the same as the people they hate. They are murdering innocent men, women and children. People of all backgrounds. It could have been my family in the airport, my mother in the tube on July 7th. Infact, I know of several people in my family who regularly commute through central London. And sadly, some of the forum members here have lost family members in the 7/7 terrorist atrocity.

Islam condemns ALL injustices. -

- Muslims are weak due not to some "jewish conspiracy" or Neocon tactics.. but, because of their own weakness and lack of knowledge of Islam. Lack of implementing Islam properly. If you look at many of the Muslim countries, you will see Muslims do not even worship Allah properly. THey set up Masjids above the graves of some so called "Saint" or "Awliya".. and they make dua to the dead as way of getting their prayers answered, even though that this is Shirk (associating partners with Allah). They do many bidah (innovations in the Religion) and also they carry with them many supersticions and cultural ideas and beliefs that have nothing at all to do with Islam.

So, this corruption in their life, is what brings about weakness. It is what allows some Muslims to be greedy and selfish and not think about their brothers and sisters. It is what allows for our leaders to not be good. - For if the people truly were upon correct Tawheed and Aqeedah, Allah would indeed make us united. For this is the promise of Allah.

The Arabs used to be very advanced, but this was not due to them being ARab, but due to ISlam. And when they departed and lost that same keeness on following Islam properly, they became disunited and astray. That eventually, led to their downfall and loss of land in Andalucia and in Palestine.

Now, anytime something happens, people rightly get upset and angry. But, they dont understand why and how to get through these times or to help our Muslim brothers and sisters. Certainly, the craziest thing is to kill innocent people living in countries 1000s of miles away. That is just pure vented frustration being unleashed from Emotion of anger and grief at the genocide done by the said States. - It is not justice. It is certainly not Islamic.

The first step for us is to do what we can according to the Islamic principles. Things are often much more complicated then what might be portrayed by some excited hothead.

I recommend the following Articles to be Read !! They are very important.

Why Muslims are Weak Today

The Current State of the Muslim World

Importance of Tawheed in Reviving the Ummah
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7745
The Confusion on What is Suicide and Who May Be Targeted in War

Strangeness of Islam and Muslims

---------

Terrorism Not From Islam

A lot of people ask why some people resort to terrorism ? It is an important question to answer. Afterall, to beat terrorism the roots of it must be exposed and destroyed. One of the root causes of terrorism is certainly foreign policy. The following link looks into that.

Often, our media overlook these things and many people live in a completely isolated world. One where mass murder and genocidal crimes are never spoken about!

Where does the Anger Come From? Why are some people so angry? Please see the following link for an eye opener:
Why Angry Protests? Islam Does Not Condone Violence and Calls for Patience! -

Read This: Terrorism and the Oppression of Women Has Nothing to Do With True Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.