Muslim voices on the bomb attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Muslim voices on the bomb attacks
Some British Muslims fear they may be branded as terrorists - in spite of the fact that none of the people arrested by detectives investigating the failed car bombings at Glasgow airport appears to be British.

ABEDA TELADIA, 24, TEACHER, ESSEX "As a veiled British Muslim woman I don't feel safe. When I walk out on the street people look at me as though I have committed a crime, whereas I completely disagree with what these men did.

"There is never any justification for killing innocent human beings, yet myself and my husband suffer verbal abuse from ignorant people who wish to paint all Muslims with the same brush.

"I just want people to know that I don't wear Muslim dress to scare people, it's just to cover me - it's not a symbol of aggression or terrorism."

OSAMA SAEED, MUSLIM ASSOCIATION OF BRITAIN, SCOTLAND "There have been some low-level incidents up until now - you expect it from a minority.

"But I think there's a recognition that Muslims have been as bewildered as anyone about this.

"And conceivably there's only two things that we can do - the first is to make it clear that there's no theological justification for any of this, and we've been doing that for years and will continue to do so.

"And the second thing is to urge the community that if they do see anything suspicious to report it, and to support the police."

SHAZMA AHMED, NORTH WEST LONDON "It is disgusting. Why would anybody want to hurt innocent lives and endanger innocent people, surely the West is one of the few places where people from all cultures are accepted, welcomed and can live their lives in any way which they please.

"So why then abuse that right and use it against the system that gave it to you in the first place?

"Hard-working and law-abiding citizens do not deserve to feel threatened where they live. I have never felt so unsafe.

"I work in the West End of London and was even planning on going out that night, although I enjoy my job I constantly feel in danger and scared."

MOHAMMED SHAFIQ, RAMADAN FOUNDATION "Foreign policy is a contributing factor to Britain being an increased risk. That's not my view, that's the view expressed by senior politicians across the board.

"But today is about saying to people out there... don't demonise minority communities, let's come together, let's hold hands, let's support each other and only together can it be defeated - because the terrorists want to divide us."

ABBAS SHAH, SHEFFIELD "This has nothing to do with immigration - the 7/7 bombers were born and brought up in this country.

"I do not feel safe in this country. On the one hand I have to worry about terrorists' attacks, and on the other hand I have to worry about having my house being raided on the guesswork of being a terrorist.

"To top all this, the foreign policy of this country targets my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters in Iraq and Afghanistan to mention a few."

NAVEED AKHTAR, JOURNALIST AND FILMMAKER "A lot has been done since 7/7 within the community, in a very quiet way, to work with them to get them to change their mind, to move them away from those extreme positions.

"So in order for something like this to have happened, when I was looking at the message boards and a lot of websites today, there was a sense of surprise."

MAJID ZIA, LONDON "I personally believe that we as a nation need to stand united against the greater threat of terror.

"I believe that the Muslim community and the general public, both of whom are feeling unsafe from these attacks, need to stand united against all forms of terrorism.

"Also we need to look at the root causes of terrorism to eliminate this dangerous threat as indeed there are many factors why this may be taking place."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/uk/6261988.stm

Published: 2007/07/02 15:30:52 GMT

© BBC MMVII

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
>>ABEDA TELADIA, 24, TEACHER, ESSEX "As a veiled British Muslim woman I don't feel safe. When I walk out on the street people look at me as though I have committed a crime, whereas I completely disagree with what these men did.

Islam and Kuffar can not live together. At last this clash of civilizations theory will prove itself. It was not told by Hemington , but Quran tells us that most of these disbelievers are evil. Muslims have their own way. What I expect in future is that these Muslims in the west will have to face much more descrimination and oppression and at last will have to leave those countries or they will be expelled. And this must happen as the hour is coming and as the prediction of Ahadith tells that their will be last battle between Muslims and nonMuslims, and that will be the biggest of all.

wassalaam

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
>>ABEDA TELADIA, 24, TEACHER, ESSEX "As a veiled British Muslim woman I don't feel safe. When I walk out on the street people look at me as though I have committed a crime, whereas I completely disagree with what these men did.

Islam and Kuffar can not live together. At last this clash of civilizations theory will prove itself. It was not told by Hemington , but Quran tells us that these disbelievers are do conspiracies. Muslims have their own way. What I expect in future is that these Muslims in the west will have to face much more descrimination and oppression and at last will have to leave those countries or they will be expelled. And this must happen as the hour is coming and as the prediction of Ahadith tells that their will be last battle between Muslims and nonMuslims, and that will be the biggest of all.

wassalaam

Salam
In wake of these attacks non Muslims and Muslims really need to learn to unite and get along with eachother your comment "Islam and Kuffar can not live together" has no basis. Who are you to say everyone else whose not a Muslim is a kaffir, who are you to judge what others believe and what may be in their hearts. Only Allah (SWT) knows our inner most thoughts and beliefs.
Muslims are supposed to spead dawa,it's part of what being a Muslim is all about, do you think we can really do that with this kind of attitude??!!!
I honestly doubt it!

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
I cant understand still why people still read and believe whatever is being propagated by the western news media of BBC, CNN etc.

Rasul Allah Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said, " If a person hears a news and goes on spreading it to everybody, he is a liar".

Who is sure that its those Muslims who carried out the attacks? Why Muslims are blaming Muslims and supporting the kuffars? The highest sin in front of Allah SUbhanahu wa Taala is SHIRK, which the kuffars are committing. Why we try to please them instead of pleasing Allah Subhanahu wa Taala?

Take a look at this

IMITATING KUFFARS

He has wife, kids. Is he mad to do such an act? A Muslim doctor cannot even leave the country (australia) but a christian or jewish or hindu doctor can ?

They want those persons inside the burning car remain inside and get burnt. Is anybody insane to remain inside a burning car? Would he not try to go out and run from the burning machine?

This is not the first time to hold a MUSLIM without any reason or proof ? They will continue to arrest like this. After some days either they will sorry and leave them or send to Guantanamo because he seems or might have terrorist links?
( NOT EVEN SURE HE HAS OR NOT )

Still Muslims will continue to ponder why Muslims are doing these kind of acts?

apocalypse77

Islam and Kuffar can not live together. At last this clash of civilizations theory will prove itself. It was not told by Hemington , but Quran tells us that most of these disbelievers are evil. Muslims have their own way. What I expect in future is that these Muslims in the west will have to face much more descrimination and oppression and at last will have to leave those countries or they will be expelled. And this must happen as the hour is coming and as the prediction of Ahadith tells that their will be last battle between Muslims and nonMuslims, and that will be the biggest of all.

wassalaam

brother, smtimes i think ur opinions can be of an extremist

if allah gives them hidayah next time and they turn out to be better muslims than you what will you do?

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I agree; the writing for Muslims is on the wall!

wassalaam

Status
Not open for further replies.