dunno what to think of this

jynous

ASSALAMO ALAYKOM DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS:

JUST WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU THIS LITTLE INCIDENT THAT HAPPENED TO ME EARLIER ... IF YOU DON`T MIND OF COURSE :))
AS I WAS WORKING ,MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS, A WOMAN SITTING DOWN
LOOKED AT ME A SAID : YOU LOOK LIKE A MUSLIM MAN.. I REPLIED HAPPILY : YEAAH I AM .. AND THEN SHE GAVE ME THIS MAD LOOK AND SAID: "A GOOD ONE I HOPE" . I WAS SPEECHLESS FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS I DIDN`T KNOW WHAT TO DO , AND THEN JUST WALKED AWAY....

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE GUYS???

SALAMS
THANKS

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
if i were bombarded with so much hatred about islam and muslims, i would probably act the same as she did.
it is not coming from her. it is coming from those who feed her hatred. so she is ignorant and you know what Allah swt says about them:

"And the servants of the Beneficent Allah are they who walk on the earth in humbleness, and when the ignorant address them, they say: Peace."

Al-Furqan, verse 63

so i would use the peaceful way out. like one brother/sister said, just smile

wassalam

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

You shouldve said yes and asked her the same kind of question if she a good person.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Said,"Don't Test Me"

Just kidding. :)

Smile and ask her what she knows of Islam. (Give daw'ah and get two birdies with one stone... )

wasalam

umm hussain

Walaikum salam warahmatullah

Maybe you could have said "what do you mean by good?" Maybe she has come across some not so practising muslims, maybe dating, drinking or whatever which goes against Islamic teachings and she has a bit of a background knowledge about Islam. She probably did not mean it in a bad way.

Walking away in my opinion is not good especially since you did not know her intention for asking, it is rude. How would you feel if someone did the same? Non muslims do not understand and if they are willing to speak to us I think we should do our part and listen and respond in a positive way unless they are really being hostile.

aDYiNGdream

Aspiring Mutawakkil

I would've been like
i didnt know "bad Muslims" actually exist. that seems like an oxymoron to me
heheheh

:wasalam:

Love my islam

Living in the west, we come accross these type of people. A humble answer is most appropriate answer. These days there are lot of negative information about islam out there. Our job is to clear that one person at a time, when we can.
Like someone suggested asking her "what do you mean" would have open way for dawah.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam Brothers/Sisters,

I would have smiled and said thank you and made a request with a smile can u pls explain me what is GOOD MUSLIM and what is BAD MUSLIM and what u know about ISLAM.

Allah Hafiz.

abd_elwahed

:salam2: i will sure dont lose that chance an will talk with here in islam special to women an how islam recpect them an moslims woman like [khadeega]an [easha] just try to show here abits of the light of islam .cose its one of our responspilities about all people to told them an guid them to the right way[islam]an if we did so they will be free to accept or not[لكم دينكم ولي دين]

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

I would have said,

"I usually am...until my wife bugs me & I have to beat her up...She never understands that I am doing it for her own good! Silly-cow"

But then nobody will say this to me and then walk away! At least NOT on their two-feet ;)

ASSALAMO ALAYKOM DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS:

JUST WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU THIS LITTLE INCIDENT THAT HAPPENED TO ME EARLIER ... IF YOU DON`T MIND OF COURSE :))
AS I WAS WORKING ,MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS, A WOMAN SITTING DOWN
LOOKED AT ME A SAID : YOU LOOK LIKE A MUSLIM MAN.. I REPLIED HAPPILY : YEAAH I AM .. AND THEN SHE GAVE ME THIS MAD LOOK AND SAID: "A GOOD ONE I HOPE" . I WAS SPEECHLESS FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS I DIDN`T KNOW WHAT TO DO , AND THEN JUST WALKED AWAY....

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE GUYS???

SALAMS
THANKS

dianne

Salam,

Just reply - Yeah i am a good one!! j/k lol

but actually speechless is better,we lose nothing.An Angel with u at the time u speechless.(silent) wallahu alam.