A QUESTION FOR WOMAN WITH WITH HUSBANDS

feeni

ONLY ALLAH
A QUESTION ? JUST WONDERING

IS A MUSLIM MAN IN AN ORDINARY LIFE ALLOWED TO LAUGH WITH WOMAN THAT ARE NOT MEHRAM TO HIM?YOU KNOW JOKE AROUND MAKE WISECRACK JOKES,TRY TO BE FUNNY,ECT?IF A MAN DOES IT HE IS JUST COMMUNICATING -NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.BUT IF A MUSLIM WOMAN DOES THIS WITH--FOR EXAMPLE THE MAN AT THE CHECK-OUT COUNTER-ITS NOT OKAY. WHATS THE DEAL? WHAT R THE RULES IN ISLAM IN THAT. HADITHS OR VERSES IN THE QURAN---?BCUZ PERSONALLY I DONT LIKE THAT.OKAY TALKING IS OKAY-WHEN IT COMES TO LAUGHING AND JOKING AROUND WHEN IM WITH HIM SOMETIMES IT ANNOYS THE HECK OUT OF ME.ANY IDEAS?NOT THAT HE'S FLIRTING OR ANYTHING BUT HIS NATURE IS LIKE THAT.TOO FRIENDLY THAT PEOPLE COME OUT WITH THEIR LIFE STORIES.IM LIKE HIM BUT NOT WITH STRANGERS.I LIKE TO BE RESERVED, OTHERWISE MEN HIT ON U. ?????

Doris

Bismilah, As-salam Alikoum. It is Haram to talk with the opposite gender accept when there is a something there that you must talk and there is no other way.

sand3091

Asslam o Allaikum, Islam allows women to talk with non mehram men but in a business way. Women should talk only when it is necessary and same goes for the men. Men are also not allowed to talk to non mehram women with pleasing tones and tell jokes. the balance is there. to tell jokes to someone who is not mehram is not allowed. the reasones are many but the simplest is that it keeps the bad thoughts out of mind. See your mind is every thing. If you start telling jokes today, you might start talking about other things that are completely out of reasone to talk with non mehram and then it continues forever untill one reaches the maximum of evil. this is the way satan works. First it puts in your mind that it would be ok to talk about regular stuf. then it would push you to start telling jokes and then it continues. so to stop that from happening. stop it where it starts.

Ummzaina

:salam2:

Surah 024 ayat 030 -031
"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.
And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss."

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 74, Number 247:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas:

Al-Fadl bin 'Abbas rode behind the Prophet as his companion rider on the back portion of his she camel on the Day of Nahr (slaughtering of sacrifice, 10th Dhul-Hijja) and Al-Fadl was a handsome man. The Prophet stopped to give the people verdicts. In the meantime, a beautiful woman From the tribe of Khath'am came, asking the verdict of Allah's Apostle. Al-Fadl started looking at her as her beauty attracted him. The Prophet looked behind while Al-Fadl was looking at her; so the Prophet held out his hand backwards and caught the chin of Al-Fadl and turned his face (to the owner sides in order that he should not gaze at her. She said, "O Allah's Apostle! The obligation of Performing Hajj enjoined by Allah on His worshipers, has become due (compulsory) on my father who is an old man and who cannot sit firmly on the riding animal. Will it be sufficient that I perform Hajj on his behalf?" He said, "Yes."

Volume 8, Book 74, Number 260:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

I have not seen a thing resembling 'lamam' (minor sins) than what Abu Huraira 'narrated from the Prophet who said "Allah has written for Adam's son his share of adultery which he commits inevitably. The adultery of the eyes is the sight (to gaze at a forbidden thing), the adultery of the tongue is the talk, and the inner self wishes and desires and the private parts testify all this or deny it."

Sister Feeni,
I would like to suggest that you have a frank talk with him about his behaviour, maybe he has not noticed his own fault or maybe forgotten it is a fault.It is better if you talk than you keeping your anger/jealousy under wraps especially as this involves him sinning (knowingly or unknowingly).

:wasalam:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam Alaikum

It is Haram to talk with the opposite gender accept when there is a something there that you must talk and there is no other way.

It's haram for a man and woman who are not merhams to be alone together. "The Prophet (SAW) forbade men and women from being alone together. He said: “Never is a man alone with a woman except that Satan is the third party with them.”

last year I volunteered at an Islamic festival, when we would have meetings it was men and women, we couldn't be serious 24/7 and of course if someone made a joke we'd laugh, didn't matter who made the joke (male or female). After all we we were in a group, not alone with the opposite sex

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
IS A MUSLIM MAN IN AN ORDINARY LIFE ALLOWED TO LAUGH WITH WOMAN THAT ARE NOT MEHRAM TO HIM?YOU KNOW JOKE AROUND MAKE WISECRACK JOKES,TRY TO BE FUNNY,ECT?IF A MAN DOES IT HE IS JUST COMMUNICATING -NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.BUT IF A MUSLIM WOMAN DOES THIS WITH--FOR EXAMPLE THE MAN AT THE CHECK-OUT COUNTER-ITS NOT OKAY. WHATS THE DEAL? WHAT R THE RULES IN ISLAM IN THAT. HADITHS OR VERSES IN THE QURAN---?BCUZ PERSONALLY I DONT LIKE THAT.OKAY TALKING IS OKAY-WHEN IT COMES TO LAUGHING AND JOKING AROUND WHEN IM WITH HIM SOMETIMES IT ANNOYS THE HECK OUT OF ME.ANY IDEAS?NOT THAT HE'S FLIRTING OR ANYTHING BUT HIS NATURE IS LIKE THAT.TOO FRIENDLY THAT PEOPLE COME OUT WITH THEIR LIFE STORIES.IM LIKE HIM BUT NOT WITH STRANGERS.I LIKE TO BE RESERVED, OTHERWISE MEN HIT ON U. ?????

Salam Alaikum

Sister if you feel like this is inappropriate behaviour on his part just tell him, he may not even be aware.