Salaam.. Im confused about this question.

Muslima-87

Salamu Alikom!

I've heard that men are promised 72 virgins when going to paradise. I've also heard that when going to paradise it is their wives they'll be with and I've heard that they can choose between the two of these choice's. Can somebody please tell me how it really is InshAllah. Thanks!

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
:salam2:
Here is the answer to ur question, plz read it all, it's informative and enlightening :)

Objection to the fact that a man will have hoor ‘iyn who will share her husband with her

Question:
What happens in paradise, with a couple who have been married. I have heard that the wife will be with her husband, but that the husband will in addition to her, have 70 women (hoors) at his service.
This to me does not seem like a fair concept for the women, to share their husbands in this way.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly:
The believer must submit to the rulings and decrees of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allaah (His Words, the Qur’aan) and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say: ‘We hear and we obey.’ And such are the successful (who will live forever in Paradise)”
[al-Noor 24:51]
If the believer is confused about anything in the rulings of Allaah, and he does not know what it means or what the reason behind it is, then he must say as those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say:
“We believe in it; the whole of it (clear and unclear Verses) are from our Lord”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:7 – interpretation of the meaning]
It is not permissible for the believer to say that one of the rulings of Allaah is not fair; exalted be Allaah far above that. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And your Lord is not at all unjust to (His) slaves”
[Fussilat 41:46]
There is no rule that is better than the rule of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Is not Allaah the Best of judges?”
[al-Teen 95:8]
“Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) Ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allaah for a people who have firm Faith?”
[al-Maa’idah 5:50]
Secondly:
In this question there are two mistakes and a misunderstanding. The first mistake is where the questioner says that in Paradise a man will have seventy hoor ‘iyn. What is proven in the saheeh Sunnah is that the martyr (shaheed) will have seventy-two hoor ‘iyn. The least of the people of Paradise will have two wives, and some will have more than that.
It was narrated that al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Yakrib said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The martyr has six blessings with Allaah: he will be forgiven from the first drop of blood shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be protected from the torment of the grave; he will be safe from the greater terror; a crown of dignity will be placed on his head, one ruby of which is better than this world and everything in it; he will be married to seventy-two wives from al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will intercede for seventy of his relatives.”
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1663; Ibn Maajah, 2799; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
And more than that has been narrated. Abu Na’eem narrated in Sifat al-Jannah from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man will go to one hundred virgins in one day – i.e., in Paradise.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 367.
It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The lowest of the people of Paradise in status will be a man whose face Allaah will turn away from the Fire towards Paradise, and make a shady tree appear before him. … Then he will enter his house and his two wives from among al-hoor al-‘iyn will enter after him. They will say: ‘Praise be to Allah Who has created you for us and us for you.’ And he will say: ‘No one has been given the like of that which I have been given.’” Narrated by Muslim, 188.
Al-Haafiz said:
The apparent meaning is that the least that will be given to each of them will be two wives.
Thirdly:
The second mistake is the questioner’s saying that al-hoor al-‘iyn will serve the man. This is not correct, rather the ones who will serve the people of Paradise will be boys of everlasting youth. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And round about them will (serve) boys of everlasting youth. If you see them, you would think them scattered pearls”
[al-Insaan 76:19]
Al-hoor al-‘iyn will be wives of the men in Paradise, in addition to their wives from among the people of this world. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“So (it will be). And We shall marry them to Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”
[al-Dukhaan 44:54]
“They will recline (with ease) on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”
[al-Toor 52:20]
Fourthly:
The misunderstanding is when the questioner says: “This to me does not seem like a fair concept for the women, to share their husbands in this way.”
Fairness or justice is to be found in the rulings of sharee’ah, not in what a person thinks who does not know sharee’ah and its rulings, let alone the reasons behind them.
The sister who is asking this question thinks that the jealousy in her heart, and what it leads to of depression and sorrow will remain with her in Paradise, but this is not correct, and this is why there is this misunderstanding in her question.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And We shall remove from their breasts any (mutual) hatred or sense of injury (which they had, if at all, in the life of this world); rivers flowing under them, and they will say: ‘All the praises and thanks be to Allaah, Who has guided us to this, and never could we have found guidance, were it not that Allaah had guided us! Indeed, the Messengers of our Lord did come with the truth.’ And it will be cried out to them: ‘This is the Paradise which you have inherited for what you used to do’”
[al-A’raaf 7:43]
There is nothing but joy and happiness in Paradise; there is no room for hatred and rancour in the hearts of the people of Paradise. Al-hoor al-‘iyn are something which Allaah has created to honour the people of Paradise and to increase their delight. Moreover a man will be given the strength of one hundred men for intercourse, so the large number will not have any effect on a woman, and her feelings towards her co-wives and her husband’s concubines will not be like her feelings in this world.
It was narrated that Zayd ibn Arqam said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “A man in Paradise will be given the strength of one hundred men in eating, drinking, desire and intercourse.” A Jewish man said: “The one who eats and drinks will need to relieve himself.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, “The way in which one of them will relieve himself will be by means of sweat which will come out through his pores, and thus the food in his stomach will be digested.”
“Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) Ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allaah for a people who have firm Faith?”
[al-Maa’idah 5:50 – interpretation of the meaning]
Narrated by Ahmad, 18827; classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan, 16/443; and by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1627.
It was narrated from Anas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The believer in Paradise will be given such-and-such strength for intercourse.” It was said, “O Messenger of Allaah, will he really be able to do that?” He said, “He will be given the strength of a hundred (men).”
Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2536; classed as saheeh by Ibn Hibbaan, 16/413; and by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 8106.
And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=25843&ln=eng

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
subhanallah brother ayman1. mashaallah, very well explained.
dear sister muslima87, these are questions put forward by those who have disease in their hearts and can't have faith and try to misguide believers.

there are billions of questions about this world that we can't answer, the things that we can see and feel and touch. the universe that we live in is a big question mark for the whole of humanity. those who pose these questions to muslims are acutally very arrogant.
these type of questions dont define the truthfulness/falsehood of islam.
if it comes from YOUR heart, then i certainly agree that it is good to clear misconceptions, but lets try not to forget the main issue and that is, straightening the faith ( tawheed and aqida).

wassalam

abou haytam

Salamu Alikom!

I've heard that men are promised 72 virgins when going to paradise. I've also heard that when going to paradise it is their wives they'll be with and I've heard that they can choose between the two of these choice's. Can somebody please tell me how it really is InshAllah. Thanks!

salam o alikom sister;

do not compare the life as it is in Dunnya to the life in jannah. here are some hadith that show that we will be different that we are now.

Resurrection after death

Question:
After death, until Yaum Al-Qiyama, are the human beings reborn in any other form?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

When the son of Adam dies, his body disintegrates and vanishes apart from the tailbone, which is a bone at the base of the spine. When the Resurrection begins, Allaah will cause the bodies to grow by means of rain from the earth which will make these bones grow until each person’s body is restored to the way it was before he died.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘What is between the two Trumpet-blasts will be forty.’ Somebody asked, ‘Forty days?’ But I could not answer. Then he asked, ‘Forty months?’ But I could not answer. Then he asked, ‘Forty years?’ But I could not answer.” Abu Hurayrah added, “Then (after this period) Allah will send water from the sky and then the dead bodies will grow like vegetation grows. There is nothing of the human body that does not decay except one bone; that is the little bone at the end of the coccyx from which the human body will be recreated on the Day of Resurrection.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4651; Muslim, 2955).

Al-Nawawi said:

“The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘What is between the two Trumpet-blasts will be forty.’ Somebody asked, ‘Forty days?’ But I could not answer…” What is meant is that he refused to specify whether it would be forty days, or years, or months. Rather what he was sure of was that it would be just forty. It is explained in another report narrated by someone other than Muslim, which says that it will be forty years.

The phrase “the little bone at the end of the coccyx” refers to the small bone at the base of the spine, which is the end of the coccyx. This is the first part of a person that is created, and it is what will be left of him so that he will be created anew from it.

Sharh Muslim, 18/92

When a person comes forth from his grave and is gathered and brought to account, his body will remain the same as it was before he died. Then when the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the people of Hell enter Hell, Allaah will change their forms.

Description of the people of Hell:

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The distance between the shoulders of the kaafir [in Hell] will be that of three days’ swift travelling.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6186; Muslim, 2852).

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The molar of the kaafir – or the eyetooth of the kaafir – will be like Uhud, and his skin will be as thick as three days’ travelling.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2851).

Description of the people of Paradise:

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The first group to enter Paradise will look like the moon when it is full; then those who follow them will look like the brightest star in the sky. They will not urinate or defecate, spit or blow their noses. Their combs will be of gold, their sweat will be musk, their incense burners will be of aloes-wood. Their wives will be al-hoor al-‘iyn and they will all look alike, like their father Adam, sixty cubits tall.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3149; Muslim, 2834)

It was narrated from Mu’aadh ibn Jabal that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people of Paradise will enter Paradise hairless and beardless, with kohl-rimmed eyes, all thirty or thirty-three years old.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2545).

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 8072.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
dear sister muslima87, these are questions put forward by those who have disease in their hearts and can't have faith and try to misguide believers. /QUOTE]

Salam Alaikum

There is NOTHING wrong with asking questions in Islam, thats how we gain knowledge and inshAllah become better Muslims. I asked this exact question before (not here...). Anyway I got an answer now I am moving on to other things, and asking different questions. See how that works it's called learning.
I don't mean to be rude but just because this sister asked a question (which was sincere and valid) does not mean she has a disease in her heart.

:wasalam:

arabomeo

salamu`alaycoum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu.
bruva bawar..dont take offence but i dont think der is any arrogance in the sista,s question. bruva ayman said some think very interesting wen he said
(and in there dey will have any thing dey wish)
i dont think dis concern only "MEN" Allah swt also say
"n among you will be young servant (boys)"
Allah swt knows betta wot He mean by dis.im not saying dat da sisters will have 70 young virgin men ;-) but just saying dat der is room for research n discussion widout offending anyone.
Quoran has 3 different degrees of understanding,
1st degree (every 1 can understand)
sec degree (only `ulama can understand)
3t degree (only Allah swt is awar of wot it mean )
so we will defnetly have some unanswered questions and when we dont know it,s betta 2 say " Allahu a`lam" s0..
so i will say Allahu a`lam
Guidance 2 all of us...ameeeeeen!
wa alaycoum salamu rahmatullahi wa brakatu.

arabomeo

Salamu Alikom!

salamu`alaycoum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu.
bruva bawar..dont take offence but i dont think der is any arrogance in the sista,s question. bruva ayman said some think very interesting wen he said
(and in there dey will have any thing dey wish)
i dont think dis concern only "MEN" Allah swt also say
"n among you will be young servant (boys)"
Allah swt knows betta wot He mean by dis.im not saying dat da sisters will have 70 young virgin men ;-) but just saying dat der is room for research n discussion widout offending anyone.
Quoran has 3 different degrees of understanding,
1st degree (every 1 can understand)
sec degree (only `ulama can understand)
3t degree (only Allah swt is awar of wot it mean )
so we will defnetly have some unanswered questions and when we dont know it,s betta 2 say " Allahu a`lam" s0..
so i will say Allahu a`lam
Guidance 2 all of us...ameeeeeen!
wa alaycoum salamu rahmatullahi wa brakatu.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
astaghfirullah, i will never say "disease in their heart" about muslims and i certinly did NOT mean to point that word to sister muslima87.

rather, i was pointing to those who's sole aim is to find something to criticise and redicule islam with. i have come across these kind of questions on many websites and in reall life by those who are actually not seeking knowledge, but just trying vainly to put doubts in hearts of muslims.

if asked for a genuine reason of gaining knowledge, then, certainly it is something that Allah swt orders us to.

actually, after reading the replies by some brothers and sisters increased in my knowledge about certain things that i didnt know before and it was due to this sister asking the question, may Allah swt grant her ajran azeem.

i hope i have cleared misconception and would like to say, i am not offended dear brothers and sisters.

wassalam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
salam o alikom sister;

do not compare the life as it is in Dunnya to the life in jannah. here are some hadith that show that we will be different that we are now.

Resurrection after death

Question:
After death, until Yaum Al-Qiyama, are the human beings reborn in any other form?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

When the son of Adam dies, his body disintegrates and vanishes apart from the tailbone, which is a bone at the base of the spine. When the Resurrection begins, Allaah will cause the bodies to grow by means of rain from the earth which will make these bones grow until each person’s body is restored to the way it was before he died.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘What is between the two Trumpet-blasts will be forty.’ Somebody asked, ‘Forty days?’ But I could not answer. Then he asked, ‘Forty months?’ But I could not answer. Then he asked, ‘Forty years?’ But I could not answer.” Abu Hurayrah added, “Then (after this period) Allah will send water from the sky and then the dead bodies will grow like vegetation grows. There is nothing of the human body that does not decay except one bone; that is the little bone at the end of the coccyx from which the human body will be recreated on the Day of Resurrection.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4651; Muslim, 2955).

Al-Nawawi said:

“The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘What is between the two Trumpet-blasts will be forty.’ Somebody asked, ‘Forty days?’ But I could not answer…” What is meant is that he refused to specify whether it would be forty days, or years, or months. Rather what he was sure of was that it would be just forty. It is explained in another report narrated by someone other than Muslim, which says that it will be forty years.

The phrase “the little bone at the end of the coccyx” refers to the small bone at the base of the spine, which is the end of the coccyx. This is the first part of a person that is created, and it is what will be left of him so that he will be created anew from it.

Sharh Muslim, 18/92

When a person comes forth from his grave and is gathered and brought to account, his body will remain the same as it was before he died. Then when the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the people of Hell enter Hell, Allaah will change their forms.

Description of the people of Hell:

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The distance between the shoulders of the kaafir [in Hell] will be that of three days’ swift travelling.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6186; Muslim, 2852).

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The molar of the kaafir – or the eyetooth of the kaafir – will be like Uhud, and his skin will be as thick as three days’ travelling.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2851).

Description of the people of Paradise:

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The first group to enter Paradise will look like the moon when it is full; then those who follow them will look like the brightest star in the sky. They will not urinate or defecate, spit or blow their noses. Their combs will be of gold, their sweat will be musk, their incense burners will be of aloes-wood. Their wives will be al-hoor al-‘iyn and they will all look alike, like their father Adam, sixty cubits tall.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3149; Muslim, 2834)

It was narrated from Mu’aadh ibn Jabal that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people of Paradise will enter Paradise hairless and beardless, with kohl-rimmed eyes, all thirty or thirty-three years old.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2545).

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 8072.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

i do have a question though. it is said in the above mentioned hadith that we'll have gold combs etc, but then later it says that people that enter paradise will be hairless and beardless. i'm confused

Noor to shine

Salamu Alikom!

Dear sister,
Let us just step to Paradise then for sure everything will be alright....the most important thing now is that we make our faith strong and do good as much as we can , learn more about islam....follow the noble teachings......then when it is said to us
50:34 Enter this [paradise] in peace; this is the Day on which life abiding begins!” nothing will matter.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
i do have a question though. it is said in the above mentioned hadith that we'll have gold combs etc, but then later it says that people that enter paradise will be hairless and beardless. i'm confused

There's is gonna be women in paradise you know!!!...that was about the *men*..as far as i have read.

Also I read that (and I don't know and I can't remember if this a saheeh hadith or not) that they will be in the form of their father Adam (like mentioned)..they will have the beauty of Joseph (AS)..the patience of Jacob (AS)..and the tongue of Mohammad (pbuh) which means they will speak Arabic..I wonder if anybody has read this somewhere too.

And as far as women of this world sister Muslima..

I read that the women of this world *who enter paradise* will be the queens over the hoor-el-eein..
they will be even more beautiful than them and the hoor themselves will wish that they were in their place..
because women of this world have spent their lives worshipping Allah (swt) and followed His laws and trying to please Him (swt)..
so their faith and practice of religious duties will be their crowns..their radiating light and their immense beauty unknown to all mankind..subhanallah!

Inshallah I will try to find the hadiths where I read this..but if anybody can find them and get them posted before I do...please please do!

:wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member

Please, I just post a hadith, nobody have a go at me here...

1882. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The first group (of people) to enter Jannah will be shining like the moon on a full-moon night. Then will come those who follow them who will be like the most shining planet in the sky. They will not stand in need of urinating or relieving of nature or of spitting or blowing their noses. Their combs will be of gold and their sweat will smell like musk; in their censers the aloes-wood will be used. Their wives will be large eyed maidens. All men will be alike in the form of their father `Adam, sixty cubits tall.''

Another narration is: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Their utensils will be of gold, their perspiration will smell like musk; everyone of them will have two wives; the marrow of the bones of the wives' legs will be seen through the flesh out of excessive beauty. They (i.e., the people of Jannah) will neither have difference, nor enmity (hatred) amongst themselves; their hearts will be as if one heart, and they will be glorifying Allah in the morning and in the afternoon.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary:
1. The people in the Jannah would be similar in shape and height, etc. There would be no differences between them. It won't be that one person is beautiful and the other ugly or one is fair in colour and the other is black. This is one view. The other view is that they would be similar in being good mannered and the desirable and loving disposition. They will be on the highest pedestal of ethics, etiquette, politeness and morality. None of them would be immoral, discourteous or ill-tempered.

2. Everyone there would have two wives. They would either be from the houris or from the humans. The narration, which claims that every one would have seventy-two wives has a weak chain of narrators. However, in one narration of At-Tirmidhi which has been claimed to be Sahih, it is stated that a martyr would get seventy-two wives. (At-Tirmidhi, Chapter about the Superiority of Jihad). Then the saying, "One would get in the Jannah what he wants'' may also be considered and so the possibility of more than two wives cannot be denied.

3. Hur is the plural of Howra It means white and pink. So it is said that one would be bewildered to see their beauty. `Ein is the plural of `Aina' It means one having large eyes like a deer. In another narration it is said that if any one of them just peeps towards our earth, the whole space would be filled with scent and all the space would be lighted. Her sheet of cloth used to cover the head and the bosom would be so precious that its cost would exceed this whole material earth. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Book of Jihad, Chapter about Houri).

You can find the rest...

Bounties of Paradise

And also refer to:

There is NO evidence about the language of the people of Paradise and Hell

diya Al deen

I will make my answer very shrot to be understood:

in Quran : (meaning) "and he returned to his family with happiness" - و أنقلب الى أهله مسرورا .

so mark the following:

1- your true family in paradise
2- every man has his family (2 of hoor 'yn) awaiting for him even they look at him every week "once".
3- if you go to Hell (la semah allah) others (belivers) will inherit your family
4- If your earth wife entered paradaise with you - you still be married and still you live with each others in paradise
5- the "suprise" is that women of earth are much far beautiful than Hoor 'yn. the fact that every belivers wishes to have one of earth womens (in paradise)
6- incase (la semah allah) you go to Hell again your earth wife will be apart from you.
7- regarding 72 hoor 'yn this is was promised to "Shohada" even more in some cases

8- no need to worry becos Al Junah "paradise" is a place of happiness - inshaallah we all go to 'AL Junah" there are so many things - great things awaiting believers.

LeylaHussain

I would just make a quick point which is only my personal opinion.
If it would have been said about women that they will get beautiful men and that their wordly husband would have to share their wife with those men, what you BROTHERS would you think?
This question is not meant to shock anyone, astaghfirullah, but to make understand brothers that it is normal that sometimes we think about this statement with a state of jealousy.
Even if I think personnaly that women will also receive great pleasures, and probably also whatever they want in Paradise inshaAllah.

May Allah ta'la grant us Jannah and Firdaws, amin.

:wasalam: :hijabi:

Peace2u

Turn To Islam

I would just make a quick point which is only my personal opinion.
If it would have been said about women that they will get beautiful men and that their wordly husband would have to share their wife with those men, what you BROTHERS would you think?
This question is not meant to shock anyone, astaghfirullah, but to make understand brothers that it is normal that sometimes we think about this statement with a state of jealousy.
Even if I think personnaly that women will also receive great pleasures, and probably also whatever they want in Paradise inshaAllah.

May Allah ta'la grant us Jannah and Firdaws, amin.

:wasalam: :hijabi:
Salam,

I think all the sisters need not worry, as other people have quoated from hadiths all the feelings of jealousy you feel now shall be removed in Paradise. In the same way we feel pain in this world whether we get hurt emotionally or physically, all this will be removed too. It's best you look at it this way rather than worrying about it.

Salam

khadiga

Salamu Alikom!

:salam2: what i heard from my dad"he's a imam" that only the " mujhdean" the men that dies in a battle or war will get 72 hoors. other men will get their wifes if their slaehat if not they will get a hooryah.