I Sin Ask For Forgivness Sin Again Ask For Forgivness Then Sin Again! EXCELLANT!

Kashmiri

Asalaam Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakathuhu

What I ment by saying EXCELLANT is so you my dear brothers and sisters read this post lol MASHALLAH it really gives u Hope Alhumdullila

Question:
For how long does Allaah forgive a person’s sin? If he repents and seeks forgiveness from his sin, then goes and commits the same sin again, then he seeks forgiveness again then commits the same sin again, and so on – does Allaah forgive him or does that means that he is not sincere towards Allaah, especially if he repeats that sin after a short while, but he does not stop seeking forgiveness?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who, when they have committed Faahishah (illegal sexual intercourse) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allaah and ask forgiveness for their sins; — and none can forgive sins but Allaah — and do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know.

136. For such, the reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath (Paradise), wherein they shall abide forever. How excellent is this reward for the doers (who do righteous deeds according to Allaah’s Orders)”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:135-136]

Ibn Katheer said:

The words “and do not persist in what (wrong) they have done” mean: they repent from their sins and quickly turn to Allaah, and they do not persist in their sin, rather they give it up, and if they do that again they repent to Him.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/408.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “A person committed a sin and said: ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’ His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.’ Then as much time passed as Allaah willed, then he committed a sin and said, ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’ His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.’ Then as much time passed as Allaah willed, then he committed a sin and said, ‘My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.’ His Lord said: ‘Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave,’ – three times…”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7507; Muslim, 2758.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) included this hadeeth under the heading: “Acceptance of repentance from sins even if the sins and repentance happen repeatedly.”

He said in his Sharh:

We have already discussed this issue at the beginning of the Book of Repentance. These ahaadeeth clearly point to that, and even if the sin is repeated a hundred times or a thousand times or more, and he repents each time, his repentance will be accepted and his sin will be erased. And if he repents once from them all, his repentance will be valid.

Sharh Muslim, 17.75.

Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali said:

‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez said: O people, whoever commits a sin, let him seek the forgiveness of Allaah and repent, and if he repeats it, let him seek the forgiveness of Allaah and repent, and if he repeats it, let him seek the forgiveness of Allaah and repent, for it is like chains around the neck of man, and doom lies in persisting in it.

What this means is that a person will inevitably commit the sins that it is decreed he will commit, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The son of Adam’s share of zina is decreed for him, and he will inevitably come to that…” But Allaah has given him a way out from the sins that he falls into and He erases them by means of repentance and seeking forgiveness. If he does that then he will escape from the evil of sin, but if he persists in his sin he will be doomed.

Jaami’ al-‘Uloom al-Hakam, 1/165.

Although Allaah hates sin and warns of punishment for it, He does not want His slaves to despair of His mercy. He likes the sinner to seek His forgiveness and repent to Him, but the Shaytaan likes it when despair fills a person’s heart and prevents him from repenting and turning to Allaah.

It was said to al-Hasan al-Basri: Would not any one of us feel ashamed before his Lord to seek forgiveness from his sin then go back to it, then seek forgiveness then go back to it? He said: The Shaytaan would like you to feel that way; never give up seeking forgiveness.

Angeleyes

Thank you for posting this. My own opinion is that, Allah is most forgiving, most merciful. If you committed a sin, and asked Him for forgivness, and repent, that is fine. But if you have it in your mind, that "ok, if i commit this sin, and ask Allah for forgivness, then he will forgive me, then let me go ahead and do it, then that is wrong. It is taking advantage of Allah's mercy. But if you commit the sin through anger, more than once, without thinking, and you truly repent and try your best not to do so, then yes, Allah will forgive you over and over.......

Kashmiri

Intentions Everyone one will get judged by what they intended Ja Za Killa Kheir Sis

Asalaam Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakathuhu

br_rizwan

Slave of Almighty
--->>>Its Big Sin<<<---

Asalamu –o-Alaikum Brother and sister,

According to me it very big sin .. I think person cheating with ALLAH SWT when he ask forgiveness and then commit sin again. After all ALLAH SWT judge your intension and if some one has serious intension and ask forgiveness then I don’t think he or she will do it again.

I would like to tell you one think I haven’t not taking any reference to any Hadith its just my Opinion which might be Wrong.
:astag: :wasalam: