Thursday : A Day to Fast

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My sisters and my brothers...let us fast on Thursday as a group. Let us dedicate the day to prayer and unity. There has been too much Muslim blood shed. In my post on the Red Mosque incident I wrote asking how can a Muslim spread bullets into a masjid.
It is nothing to fast...so I appeal to my brothers...but to my sisters..let us fast..it would be a candle lit in a dark world...but there would be a light...
I know you will join me, InshaAllah...our collective prayers are necessary.

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2:

:inshallah: i will, and in my prayers i hopefully will :salah: :tti_sister: pray for Allah guidance and forgiveness for all the ummah of Prophet Muhammad :saw: alive or dead. Ameen ,Ya Rabbal Alameen :SMILY23::SMILY23::SMILY23:

:wasalam::hijabi::SMILY23::(:(:SMILY23:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Im actually fasting today, its what you get for alternate days.
Although i dont think there is anything wrong with fasting tomorrow Inshallah.

One thing:

The Prophet (S.A.W) said:

Three du'as are NEVER rejected: the du'a of the father and the du'a of the one fasting, and the du'a of the traveller.

In another narration, it is reported that he (S.A.W) said:

Three people's du'as are never rejected: the one who is fasting, until he breaks his fast,; the just ruler; and the one who has been wronged. Allah (S.W.T) raises it above the clouds, and the doors of the skies are opened for it, and the Lord says, " By My Honour and Glory! I will help you, even if it be after some time".

Allahu Akbar! It shows during the last hour of the fast, thats a great time to make a sincere Dua. Although anytime during the day will suffice. Although i might as well point the last hadith is al-Tirmidhi, who declared it to be hasan. However al-Albani pointed out that it has a very slight weakness in it in al-Daifah.

Never the less though the first hadith is authentic, so Inshallah lets make sincere Dua tomorrow Inshallah when we are fasting. Inshallah i will too.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
I am in. Insha Allah I will fast tomorrow. Make a lot of duas brothers and sisters.
Muslims are already a lot of problems, and they are going to increase. Everything mentioned in hadeeths are coming true now. THe last days of this dunya.
May Allah help and make our last of deeds be the best ones.
wa/salam

SisterMunira

Salama Aleykum,

Im in. Inshaallah Allah (swt) will accept our sincere collective efforts.

Wa aleykumu Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu.

halah

Salaam,

My sisters and my brothers...let us fast on Thursday as a group. Let us dedicate the day to prayer and unity. There has been too much Muslim blood shed. In my post on the Red Mosque incident I wrote asking how can a Muslim spread bullets into a masjid.
It is nothing to fast...so I appeal to my brothers...but to my sisters..let us fast..it would be a candle lit in a dark world...but there would be a light...
I know you will join me, InshaAllah...our collective prayers are necessary.

Jazak Allah khair dear sister,very inspired words.May Allah enable us all to join in and to reward you the best insha'Allah.

Globalpeace

Banned
Fast on Thursday (12JULY2007)

Asslamo Allaikum,

Insha'Allah I will.

But I will make the intention to follow the Sunnah & suggest everyone else to do the same i.e.

As for fasting Mondays and Thursdays, Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to fast on Monday and Thursday. On being asked about that the Prophet said: "Deeds are presented on every Monday and Thursday. Allah forgives every Muslim or every believer, except for those who are forsaking each other. He says [about them]: 'Leave them.' " (Reported by Ahmad with authentic chain of narrators)

Jazakullah Sister.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Jazaaki Allah Khyran, lets do it every Monday and Thursday who ever can.:)

Fasting Monday and Thursday. The Prophet (peace be on him) mentioned that: “The deeds of the worshippers are presented before Allah on Monday and Thursday, I like my deeds to be presented while I am fasting.”

wa salaam alikom

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
i have never fasted before as I have been a muslim for just under 4 months. Would it be under the same conditions as Ramadan???

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslaamo Allakum Sister,

Yes the conditions are the same as Ramadhan i.e. no eating/drinking from Subh-Sadiq (True Dawn) till Maghrib (Sunset).

Obtain your local Mosque timetable & STOP eating a minute or two BEFORE the time which says "Faj'r Starts (or something similar)"...This will be the column BEFORE Sunrise times

Just make the intention in your heart (you don't have to say it verbally) something along the lines of "I intend to Fast for the sake of Allah (SWT)..."

i have never fasted before as I have been a muslim for just under 4 months. Would it be under the same conditions as Ramadan???

Raed

Muslim Student

Inshallah i will fast, yes I will do it inshallah...

Jazaka allah khyran for this valuable reminder...

:wasalam:

aisha ali

actualy i was thinking of fasting tommorrow inshaalah and so i am in.

lets make dua for peace and guidance.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

count me in too...

Inshallah I will fast with all of you tomorrow..good thing I caught this before it's too late :)

:wasalam:

Amirah20

Alhamdullilah its a habit for me to fast mondays and thursdays so you can always count me in :hijabi: omg! this is so cool all of us doing it at the same time...great idea mirajmom.