may leave Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
:salam2:

Brother the truth is you don't know why she converted, if she converted ect.
It's wrong to make assumptions without any evidence. We don't know. All we know is that this sister is now going through something that is causing her doubts. We don't want to push her away, we want to bring her back to Islam, it would be nice to at least say salam

WaAlaikumussalaam,

Sister, I did not stereotype but justified why some Muslims might think that way. That does not imply she is really a liar. May Allah SWT Bless her with right path.

Wassalaam

doubts

Thank you everyone.

I think I am going to give the bible and the quran a cover to cover read and then read about their "creations". I think that will be my start.
Any unbiased help would be helpful, sites and books.

I am going to print this tread for reference! Thanks.

Raed

Muslim Student
Thank you everyone.

I think I am going to give the bible and the quran a cover to cover read and then read about their "creations". I think that will be my start.
Any unbiased help would be helpful, sites and books.

I am going to print this tread for reference! Thanks.

Mashallah, now this is a really good start, knowledge and proofs is what you need to find the truth in islam... Hope you will find the right path soon,
Inshallah...

Al slam Alikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister I do not know the personal situation of your life. I do know that you do have faith. You are using this forum. This may be a blessing. If you have had doubts now is the time for answers.
Many of the dear Muslims who have responded are very concerned about you. This is no laughing matter. We are not talking about money or fame or pleasure...we are talking about your soul.
You need to tell us how to help you. The misconceptions you mentioned are easy to disspell. You can read, you can talk, or you can watch videos. We need to go a little deeper.
You have deep faith. Please be patient with me. Islam is the Home of Peace..Islam is the home of Love...your heart knows that.
To return to the Catholic church...are you ready to go back to a faith that tells you you are drinking blood and eating human flesh and still not good enough to pray directly to God? How can you logically accept the trinity. How can God become Jesus and the Holy Ghost? Why would you call any human woman the mother of God. This is not logical.
Please answer us...we are very concerned about you and willing to help you.
Islam offers the path to Allah. There is no hocus-pocus. There is no intercession. There is no guilt. There is responsibility and accountability.

38khadj

:salam2: brothers and sisters
Inshallah Allah the Most Great will guide us all onto a better path in deen.
I have to say that some reverts revert for marriage and do not actually no anything about the religion at the time.
I am a revert but DID NOT revert for marriage Allah knows best.
I often read other reverts posting and they seem so knowledgeable Alhamdolillah but others might have qualities in other ways in deen. Obviously knowledge is a tool for a believer but and it is never too late to gain that quality Inshallah with guidance. But Allah tests us all in many different ways many many times, tests us with a situation and then maybe the same situation arises again and sees how we deal with it again Allah is most Mercyful.
So I guess what I am saying is this could well be a test for you to gain more understanding and to look for it yourself instead of maybe been told by others- if you do it yourself then it Inshallah will be of more value to yourself.
As for support from born Muslims himself well there is plenty I could say but unfortunately not a lot of it would be positive I am afraid Allah forgive me but I feel there is a lot of racism amongst the Muslims and it can be very hard for a new Muslim. I wont say anymore at the moment as it would take forever!

Be patient and Inshallah you will be guided with the truth.
:tti_sister:
:wasallam:

aisha ali

first and formost i will rem u in my prayers as from now and inshaalah Allah will guide u.
one more thing pliz take time be4 u make any decision don't rush or go by words of people.
the other thing u r working with wrong people coz asking christians about islam will definately mislead u.subhannallah.

dianne

Remember - The Resurrection - Al Qiyama

I converted 5 years ago to Islam and now I am thinking of going back to the Catholic church. To be honest i am having problems with Islam. I dont want this thread to turn into a drama thread so please reply only if you can help me.
I have grown to see Islam as unfair and violent. I really have just been turned away from all the past and present events. I really feel at a cross roads now.
Any thoughts would be helpful.

Salam,

I was speechless when u say u want to murtad.I just fall a tears,theres nothing we can do even brothers & sisters in here advice u so many ways,theyre concern about u wanna leave Islam is very serious matter. That u really want ur life back like 5 years ago,that is your heart made a decisions not ur brain. I hope u will remember the death,remember the last day on earth,where will u go? where do u live? what will u eat? what will u wear? whos beside u? answer - Nobody!

Al-Qiyama
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Nay, I swear by the Day of Resurrection;
(1) Nay, I swear by the accusing soul (that this Scripture is true).
(2) Thinketh man that We shall not assemble his bones?
(3) Yea, verily Yea. We are Able to restore his very fingers!
(4) But man would fain deny what is before him.
(5) He asketh: When will be this Day of Resurrection?
(6) But when sight is confounded
(7) And the moon is eclipsed
(8) And sun and moon are united,
(9) On that day man will cry: Whither to flee!
(10) Alas! No refuge!
(11) Unto thy Lord is the recourse that day.
(12) On that day man is told the tale of that which he hath sent before and left behind.
(13) Oh, but man is a telling witness against himself,
(14) Although he tender his excuses.
(15) Stir not thy tongue herewith to hasten it.
(16) Lo! upon Us (resteth) the putting together thereof and the reading thereof.
(17) And when We read it, follow thou the reading;
(18) Then lo! upon Us (resteth) the explanation thereof.
(19) Nay, but ye do love the fleeting Now
(20) And neglect the Hereafter.
(21) That day will faces be resplendent,
(22) Looking toward their Lord;
(23) And that day will other faces be despondent,
(24) Thou wilt know that some great disaster is about to fall on them.
(25) Nay, but when the life cometh up to the throat
(26) And it is said: Where is the wizard (who can save him now)?
(27) And he knoweth that it is the parting;
(28) And agony is heaped on agony;
(29) Unto thy Lord that day will be the driving.
(30) For he neither trusted, nor prayed.
(31) But he denied and flouted.
(32) Then went he to his folk with glee.
(33) Nearer unto thee and nearer,
(34) Again nearer unto thee and nearer (is the doom).
(35) Thinketh man that he is to be left aimless?
(36) Was he not a drop of fluid which gushed forth?
(37) Then he became a clot; then (Allah) shaped and fashioned
(38) And made of him a pair, the male and female.
(39) Is not He (Who doeth so) able to bring the dead to life?

Sadakaallahul adzim!

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

Many have posted here and as far as a forum goes they have gone out of their way to help guide you, thus I have nothing to add but endorse all the good advise posted by the many good brothers and sisters in the forum.

In the end its ALLAH who guides and he guides who he wills! and to him be ALL praise!

island muslim

salaam alikom

can you please explain

where were you all these years, were you attending the mosque?
where you atteneding lectures, reading Quran or learned how to recite Quran?

May what I am asking what did you do for the 5 years you were Muslim

Wa salaam alikom

I am waiting for your answer to this post by brother MrMuslim; these were my thoughts exactly after intially reading your post!

khalid123456

Islam is Perfect
to all members read please

In the Name Of Allah The All Merciful, All Compassionate, All Forgiving, All Kind, All Gentle, All Gracious, All Generous, The Benificent, (The Creator, Maker And Giver Of Form) (The One, Alone, Single, Unique Lord)

I bear withness, I Testify, I Declare that There Is no god Except Allah (Alone)and Prophet Mohammed Is the final/end/last/seal of all Prophets and messengers.

Read Please

To All the members and non members

Islam/faith/imaan leads one to paradise (eternal success)

Disbilief/Kufr/non -muslims/choosing any other religion leads one to Hell Fire (eternal failure)

if i have made any mistakes please correct me so i can change it
JazakAllah Khair

somewhatinspired

i hope we can help

i know how hard it can be to live around Christians.
i really hope you find your way.
i myself have struggled as a convert for what seems like my entire life.

but i cannot imagine ever going back.
it wouldn't make sense,

i would have to lie to myself to justify my life constantly.

the things people are telling you about Islam are false and twisted.

please just trust us.

do some research, as to what Muslims believe, not what others say we believe.

then, do whatever is true in your heart.

happy 2 b muslim

ITS OK STEP BACK AND THINK :)

I firstly want to say salam alaykum may allah peace be unto you and everyone here inshallah. Firstly allah guides, and whom ever allah guides cant ever be misguided and who allah leave astray none can bring him/her back to the guidance. I will start by saying you have a heart to tell everyone here that are muslim that you are going back to christian faith, that shows your thinking about it showing you really want to know more about the faith but however you said you see it in a violent way which is a shame. May i say i would like to know how islam was presented to you, As islam bring nothing but peace to a person, is it the way muslim act that seem incorrect which lead you to think in this manner. Or you approach the quran and the sunnah with out understanding.

Secondly remember what brought you to islam and what had made you leave christianity.i would like to know if you since becoming muslim what did you do to learn more about islam what did you watch what have you hear, because this must all be incorrect as all you can see it being filled with violents. For you to go to christianity from my point of view is wrong choice however if allah willed this for you then alhumduallah all praise is to god and if you stay then alhumduallah. If chirstainity is better and more to the truth in your eye go and dont look back :) lol no serious i understand and i believe you need to read the quran understand it reflect on it pond on it wheater you think it is the religion that was sent to mankind. I could try to disprovide christian in my text but i choice not to because i believe you havent really step back and understood what you think islam is all about.

you and the ummah will always be in my dua inshallah

:0 i luvv you for the sake of god. hope you make the right choice for you and not for anyone esles Salam bro/sis lol :) :tti_sister: :hijabi:

like i said take it and think for your selve and think it over

The how to??
link to help you understand islam

go on...........

lightuponlight.com
mecca2mediana.com
youtube.com type in khalid yasin/yusuf estes/ bilal phillips/suhiab web
bilalphilips.com
Sunnah Online
Islam QA.com
Understand Islaam
Islaam.com
Fatwa Online.com
Islam Way.com (English)
Islam Web.net
Islam House.com
877-Why-Islam.org
Muslim Heritage.com
Audio Islam.com
Aswat al-Islam.net
Call to Islam.com
Madinah Arabic.com
As Sahwah.com
Darulehsaan.com
Islam Basics.com
Islam Tomorrow
Islam Always
Islam Yesterday
Islam World.net
Al Sunnah.com
Sultan.org
MSA of USC
Sword of Allah.com
Islaam.net
Understandquran.com
The Faith Network - Imaan.net
The Faith Network - Seerah.net
The Faith Network - Al Hidaayah.net
The Faith Network - Fiveonfriday
Islam 101.com
Muhammad.net
The Gospel of Barnabas
Crusades.org
Islamic Knowledge.com
About Tajweed.com
King Fahd Complex for The Printing of the Holy Quran
Al Minbar.com
International Committee for the Support of the Final Prophet (ICSFP)
Islamtoday.com
Investigating Islam
Sahaba.net
Tafsir.com
Quran and Sunnah Society
Muttaqun.com
Shariah Way
Ahya.org
Islamic Virtual School
The Muslim Woman.com
Islam Guide.com
Salafi Manhaj.com
Ansar.org
Salim Morgan's site
Luton Muslims.co.uk
Quraan.com
Ibraheem's Creed.net
Clearpath.com
Islamic Web.com
IRF.net
Jaafar Idris.com
Islamchannel.co.uk
Remember Allaah.net
Make Dua.com
The Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah Association of Austrialia
Islaminfo.com
Quranspeaks.com
Shabirally.com
E Muslim.com
Examine the Truth.com
Al Islam.com
Talk Islam.com
Islamic Garden.com
Islam.call.com
Institute of Islamic Information and Education
Real Islam.com
Muhammadiyah.org.sg
Sabbir.com

hope this helps;) from a sis from islam tryin to help when down and the iman is low..... salam again lol

new-muslim

Salam o alaikum,

I hope you will read up on all the reccomended articles, I am sure you will. I also converted and didn't read up on it all too much. Initially, I was attracted to islam as I also believed in God as being one and could not understand the idea of the trinity(I was brought up as christian). I knew about the five main pillars and accepted Islam. I had quite a few muslim friends before I converted who really didn't majorly practise Islam. ANYWAY, I have been learning more and more on and off for three years. I also struggle with some of the things that you have mentioned and I mainly have non-muslim friends that can sway your judgement on things. According to my brother's wife- muslim's are trying to take over the world! SHE IS NON-MUSLIM AND SHE MEANS IT IN A BAD SENSE. At times I don't feel knowledgeable enough to answer the same old comments made to try and criticise Islam.
Knowledge I feel is definitely your best way forward as I feel this helps me. sites like this will help if you have questions...or just do a search to find answers. Watching videos of people converting brings tears of joy . I feel I need to be around more muslim sisters to gain knowledge and have support. This is something you could do...if not already.
I watched a youtube video of a man thinking about Islam. He decided to read a chapter of the bible and the quran each day. This went on for some time until he did not want to put the quran down. He was reading more of the quran every day and felt this was the truth...then he converted. I honestly don't think anyone could go back to catholicism/christianity. I have actually been teaching in a catholic school for a short period of time. Yes the kids are very respectful, the other teachers are lovely people and God plays an important part in their life however when the children then pray and ask Mary to help them, or say holy mary mother of God....I know I have chosen the correct religion-Islam.
Recent terror attacks can also make you question a religion that you belong to but again these people are a minority and are really trying to change the true meaning of the Quran....in my opininon and in most Muslim's views.

ANYWAY SORRY FOR GOING ON A BIT. I can understand that your faith is low but knowledge is the key and having good muslim friends that can help you. In sh'allah you will become a stronger Muslim and enter Paradise one day....that could be tomorrow or 30 years from now...only Allah SWT knows.:tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister from the outpouring of love I hope you can see that Islam is the faith of Love.
Write to us with any questions you have at any time...know we love you .

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

you guys may hate me for saying this, or i could be wrong for saying this, but i don't believe the person that started this thread. for several reasons

1. he never started his post with salaams.
2. he never once added SAW or SWT after mentioning Muhammad SAW or Allah SWT. you can be a muslim for a week and saying these things become a habit.
3.he mentioned Aisha RA with out the RA after it, plus.
4. he mentions Rasullah's SAW marriage to a little girl; he should've mentioned Aisha's RA name. a muslim of 5 years would've called her by her name, not as a little girl.

there's so much that doesn't seem to add up to me in his story. it seems apparent to me that he is using the same talking points by born-again christian missionaries in an attempt to plant seeds of doubt in the minds and hearts of muslims.

if i am wrong about him, i apologize, but there are too many red flags in his story to me.

:wasalam:

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
salam

Bismillah hir rahman nir raheem

As you have doubts. You cant be in the fold of Islam no more. As your imaam has gone as low as to doubt the revelations and the prophet pbuh

Rest assure, there is no compulsion in religion. You had become a muslim but did not understand the thesis of Islamic history regarding the generation of the prophet pbuh.

Islam is about renewing our vows to the creator, and to struggle and strive for the right path. My advice would be to back down from confrontations with those people who you know will impose on your beleifs, and take some time to read or watch dvds and have some alone time to just give yourself a brake from this confusing time. Take things very slowly, and learn more about Islam or comparitive religions, but keep it to yourself untill you beleive your ready to argue your case with people who stand before you in arguments.

If you take things slow and are sincere I beleive you will be guided to the right path. If you have any questions I am sure anyone on turntoislam could help you on questions. you can also try youtube and find videos on there.

I hope guidance befalls you and your familly and wish you satisfication in life.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salam alaikum.

This works for me too -> instead of learning 10,000 new things about the religion as quickly as you can and putting 3 to practice, learn 10 new things and put 8 or 9 to practice.

You believe in ONE God and you believe that God has no associates and partners (ie. no sons). If that's the case, then sooner or later, you will realise that Islam is the religion that really worships the One and True God.

Start with the fundamentals and tick em off as and if you agree with them, and do this BEFORE you start reading other hadiths that you find "riduculous"

1. One God [ ] (tick in box)
2. Pray 5 times to God - Salah [ ]
3. Fast as God commanded in Ramadan
4. Give charity and donate money (or donate your time) to the poor and needy [ ]

There, do these four things sound reasonable to you? Start practicing these four, and ask practicing Muslims to show you what the Prophet (saw) said about those things. You will start to love him and realise his knowledge and wisdom slowly.

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
salam

Its not our place to question this persons intention. I recognise your fustration over anti Islamic movements but a muslim has rights on another muslim, and one of the rights is to give advice when asked.

My intention is clear, thats Islam.

you guys may hate me for saying this, or i could be wrong for saying this, but i don't believe the person that started this thread. for several reasons

1. he never started his post with salaams.
2. he never once added SAW or SWT after mentioning Muhammad SAW or Allah SWT. you can be a muslim for a week and saying these things become a habit.
3.he mentioned Aisha RA with out the RA after it, plus.
4. he mentions Rasullah's SAW marriage to a little girl; he should've mentioned Aisha's RA name. a muslim of 5 years would've called her by her name, not as a little girl.

there's so much that doesn't seem to add up to me in his story. it seems apparent to me that he is using the same talking points by born-again christian missionaries in an attempt to plant seeds of doubt in the minds and hearts of muslims.

if i am wrong about him, i apologize, but there are too many red flags in his story to me.

:wasalam:

Daud McGuire

Say he is one
salam

The truth is do not treat it like its a academical course. Do it because you have a hunger in you. Learn because you have a passion.

If you have hidaya then you have it. If you do not then you do not. The only one who can make you have a passion is the one who guides you on the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.