careers

somewhatinspired

i am an American, and i want to leave this country as soon as i can.

i want to live in a country that has lots of Muslims,

i want to know what are some good, moderately accessible college degrees that would open up the door for me to travel with my wife and work in a country that has lots of good Muslims.

im not interested in being a doctor, or any sort of profession that deals with the oil industry(i don't support it). i wouldn't expect to be rich just payed enough to support my family and visit family back home. it would be nice to live in a relatively safe neighborhood.

i was thinking about international business. with all my language credits going towards Arabic.

i ask all this because it is time for me to get serious about my major, and i will be attending a new college soon.

i also really want to get out of this country.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum dear brother!

well, you posted interesting queries. In my opinion (considering that you don't want alot of money from your career), humanities would be an intresting field.
where? In a relatively safe place? well, i have heard alot about Malaysia. they say the people there are so humble and laid back.
whatever you do and wherever you are, may Allah swt and his help be always with you. Ameen

wassalam
your brother

TruthandJustice

Assalamualaikum,

Peace be with you Brother, International Business is a great major, I'm not sure how interested you are in the sciences but degrees in Biology, Chemistry, etc.. would also be nice but you would need at least a Masters for a good job. If you know English really well you could find a good teaching job. Also, you may want to do some research before you go to a Muslim country because you may initially find it hard to adjust in a totally different environment.

I recommend going for a visit to a country where you have good contacts and seeing whether you like it or not, I'd probably recommend Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia. I know of many people traveling to Syria and some Gulf states but I don't think that area will be very stable in the future. I would also recommend Egypt or Pakistan (if you have some really good contacts). You should also look into getting a minor as well and reconsider getting a high tech job so you shouldn't have trouble finding employment (dentistry, medicine, pharmacy) you could also look into getting a job with a company where you will be stationed overseas in a Muslim country. Also, who knows maybe this country (U.S) will get better in 08. Allah Knows Best.

Peace

somewhatinspired

thanks

for all the comments.

i intend to finish studying here.

i would not just move to a place without checking it out for a month or so.

i speak English well, and my wife may study to be a teacher.
she speaks English far better than i could hope to.
i think she would enjoy tutoring sisters in English a few days a week.
for spare money.

i am interested in honest work

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
for all the comments.

i intend to finish studying here.

i would not just move to a place without checking it out for a month or so.

i speak English well, and my wife may study to be a teacher.
she speaks English far better than i could hope to.
i think she would enjoy tutoring sisters in English a few days a week.
for spare money.

i am interested in honest work

salam brother ,yes teaching english is very great idea.
I would recommend for u or for your wife to get certified to teach english abroad.Have u heard of TESOL program.It takes about 1or 2 months and u get trained and certified to teach English as a second language for non native speakers of English.I think after finishing program they even find u a job abroad.I wish I could go for it ,it so great to teach somebody...
salam