Heart-Melting Story: 15,000 Muslims vs. 600,000 Romans!

abdul Qadir

remember death
:salam2:

The small army of 15,000 Muslims from Khorasan defend against the massive 600,000 troop army of the Byantine Romans. That's 40 Romans per Muslim! Sounds like a terrible massacre, right?

But The Muslims Won.

Emotionally presented by Sheikh Mohammad Al-Shareef, this video will, Insha-Allah, almost cerainly move you, and make you love the Muslim commander Alp Arslan, (May Allah have Mercy upon Him). (more) (less)

[yt]1TmCFCimdmM[/yt]

:wasalam:

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Praise be to Allah swt. He swt gives the kingdom to whomsoever he pleases.
Khurasan is the old name for Afghanistan, isn't it?
Correct me if I am wrong.

Wassalam

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Khorāsān

or Khurāsān

Province (pop., 1996: 6,048,000), northeastern Iran.

Its capital is Mashhad. The region was first named by the Sāsānian dynasty, in whose language it means "Land of the Sun." It was overrun by Muslim armies с 650. Under Arab rule, it encompassed a vast territory including what is now southern Turkmenistan and northern Afghanistan. It was conquered с 1220 by Genghis Khan and с 1380 by Timur. Its current frontiers, as a province of Iran, were defined in 1881. Its population is composed of many ethnic groups as a result of numerous migrations and invasions over the centuries. The languages spoken are Turkish, Persian, and Kurdish. The province gives its name to the handcrafted Khorāsān carpet.

© 2005 Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.

Amir_of_spain

stats?

Asalam wailkium. Are you sure the stats given are accurate? The fight did occur but i doubt the numbers quoted above, refs might be needed. For the most important miltary campaigns check up the khalid bin wahleed conquest of syria/battle of Yarmuk and the conquest of persia. Also the spanish conquest under Tariq bin zyad is quite special. Ottomen conquest of western anatolia and bursa is quite popular and also the conquest of western frontier of India under Mohammad bin Qasim which resulted in a permanent presence of islam in the indo-pak subcontinent.

sameea_13

Mulims against's romans.

:salam2:

The small army of 15,000 Muslims from Khorasan defend against the massive 600,000 troop army of the Byantine Romans. That's 40 Romans per Muslim! Sounds like a terrible massacre, right?

But The Muslims Won.

Emotionally presented by Sheikh Mohammad Al-Shareef, this video will, Insha-Allah, almost cerainly move you, and make you love the Muslim commander Alp Arslan, (May Allah have Mercy upon Him). (more) (less)

[yt]1TmCFCimdmM[/yt]

:wasalam:
I am so pleased with him marshallah
:ma:

jack2k6

Grossly exaggerated figure!. I hate to say that its nothing more than a cheap propaganda. The battles won by Rashidun Caliphate against Persians in the East and Byzantines in the West were the greatest ones and un-parallel to any other ones in the later years.

Please verify the source instead of believing it.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Hi Jack2k6,

The source in question is Muhammad Al Shareef, a graduate from Shariya from the famous Madeenah University. Arguably the most respected University of our times in terms of authentic Islaamic knowledge.

I would like to know what are your sources?

Shahzad

well, no need to argue. Muslims had their golden age all over the world at a time. Sadly, we were no there to enjoy those times.

We have a llloooooooooong list of heroes. Alp Arsalan is one of them.

jamilabdulmalik

abubaseer, Thats not what jack meant by 'sources'. anyone can claim anything but the source must be genuine. I dont think there is any way of knowing for sure the number, but the figure does looks exagerated.

aneesulislam

wah........... wah.............
alhamdulillah
may allah bless on them..........
the gift of allah.........
we are proud of them..........:salam2: