Help on prayer!!??

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
:salam2:
Brothers and sisters, any sort of help on the following is appreciated... Anything from personal experience is welcome :)

-How can I concentrate and become more sincere in Salah?

-Do I have to redo the whole Salah if I temporarily lost my concentration then restored it during Salah?

I have difficulty with focusing during Salah and feel uneasy about it. I don't know may be its my studies and family issues that distract me but I feel some guilt after each prayer! :(

Salam

MubarekMuslimah

Assalaamu alaikum

Concentration in prayer can be hard - I think its something we all struggle with at times probably.

First of all - turn off all tv or sounds in your house. nTry and pray in a room which is quite bare with nothing to distract you. Take some deep breaths as you make the intention for the prayer.

There is a hadith I think that says try and imagine that when you are praying that on your left is hell and on your right is heaven ( Jannah) and what you are standing on is the Siratul-mustaqueem ( the straigh path)

Also read a bit about Ihsaan which is basically striving to do your best in everything - being aware that Allah swt is aware of all that you do even though you are not aware of Him. Dont be quick in your salat. Leanr the meaning of what you are saying, think about it as you say it and take your time in each rakat.

I think that if you are praying and you really lose concentration then yes do the salat again - it is better for you insha'allah. Make du'a as well asking Allah swt to help you concentrate and perfect your salat for Him.

Insha'allah keep perservering and you will get there!

Salaams

happy 2 b muslim

QUestion do you watch t.v before your salah you knowing this isnt good for you like just killin time,,IF so then i noticed everytime i do something that pleases allah and me then i watch or do something i dont think is good for me ,like i watch some t.v like ugly betty i really dont want to because i see it as an hour of my life gone for NOTHING i feel bad because i am absent for the rememberance of allah. SEE what am trying to say is thing you do in your life knowing deep down their wrong can affect you like if you listen 2 music then in your salah you hear nothing but music subhanallah. So just really read quran as often as you can make dua for your family and you to help you. Remember allah is the one who truly understand your state.

salam hope inshallah that helped... :hijabi:

Come2Quran

:salam2: Brother
Once some people came to Hazrat Omar and said that Imam at Mosque is reading long surah's during salat and its taking to long to finish our salat and we have work and families to goto.
Hazrat Omar called upon that Imam and released him from his position.
I have to try and understand there, that Hazrat Omar had made this decision because it could keep people from coming to salat.
i guess we all have worries just like those people, but we should do what is required and Allah(SWT) knows and accepts our Salats.
Hope this would help
Sallam

abou haytam

:salam2: Brother
Once some people came to Hazrat Omar and said that Imam at Mosque is reading long surah's during salat and its taking to long to finish our salat and we have work and families to goto.
Hazrat Omar called upon that Imam and released him from his position.
I have to try and understand there, that Hazrat Omar had made this decision because it could keep people from coming to salat.
i guess we all have worries just like those people, but we should do what is required and Allah(SWT) knows and accepts our Salats.
Hope this would help
Sallam

salam o alikom;

let me correct you brother, it s not omar...here are the hadith of the prophet (pbuh).

It was narrated that Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Mu’aadh led his companions in praying ‘isha’ and he made it lengthy. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Do you want to be a cause of fitnah? When you lead the people in prayer, recite Wa’l-shamsi wa duhaahaa (al-Shams 91), Sabbih isma rabbik al-A’laa (al-A’laa 87), Iqraa’ bismi Rabbik (al-‘Alaq 96), and Wa’l-layli idha yaghshaa (al-Layl 92).’” (Agreed upon; this version narrated by Muslim).

please brother bring a reference of everything.

salam o alikom

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

One of the methods that works for me is to empty myself before prayer. For a few moments I allow all the junk to release from my mind. Once my mind and heart are receptive I commence prayer. It is a concerted effort.

mohamedqadar

:salam2: thank you for asking this question akhi.
i have the same problem and i thank the brothers and sisters
who are trying to give us the helpful information to tackle this problem

:salam2: