Urgent help needed??

Erik

Salaam sisters and brothers, I got this question from a person, not one I know in person but online.

She said, in Islam, Mary, jesus mother is the sister to Moses?
and that Mohammed , Peace be upon him mixed up time.

I could not reply very well to this, I said, I think it means they are on the same levell, as broters and sisters, not as what you think.

Was that a bad answer , honestly, I dont know, maybe that question was just asked to me with no backing it what so ever in the first place.

Wasalam, /Erik

Erik

Mixed up in time ment to it can not be so, Moses did not live 2100 years.
Help me, I have to reply to this, I asked for a few days but i rather reply today or tonight.
Regards /Erik

zOaib

Sainte_786
:salam2:
brother , i am having a hard time understanding exactly what u were asked by the individual online , please state clearly what was his/her questions to you and maybe we can address it better , thx

:wasalam:

visionusman

being content
you cannot comment on this unless this person tells you where he/she got the information from. What is the reference? Is it in the Quran or a Hadeeth? If it is a hadeeth, then what is the reference of that hadeeth? It sounds like this guy doesn't have any reference at all. They're just making this up. Tell them that.

Erik

Brothers and sisters, that is why I turn for help, I do not know where she got that from , I do not know the source but I take it she is very well read in the bible.
I am now reading the Quran but have not come to anyhing about that, that is why I am asking, I never heard of it or read it.
I said, I have to ask other before I can reply, help islam please.
:salah: */Erik

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
The Quran says about Mary the Virgin :

O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot. (19:28)

This is tafseer (explanation) of ibn Katheer, my translation:
O sister of Aaron means: similar to Arnon in piety and worship.
Aaron also is Moses' brother, and Mary was
Aaron 's descendent.

يٰأُخْتَ هَـٰرُونَ أي: يا شبيهة هارون في العبادة

{ يٰأُخْتَ هَـٰرُونَ } أي: أخي موسى، وكانت من نسله

Plus, prophet Mohammad pbuh frequently called prophets as his "brothers" like "brother Jesus." Arabic, like any other language, is metaphoric.

Also see the words "brothers" below, it does not mean biological brothers. The same thing goes for "sister" in the first verse above:

And hold fast, all of you together, to the cable of Allah, and do not separate. And remember Allah's favour unto you: How ye were enemies and He made friendship between your hearts so that ye became as brothers by His grace; and (how) ye were upon the brink of an abyss of fire, and He did save you from it. Thus Allah maketh clear His revelations unto you, that haply ye may be guided, (3:103)

Salam

Erik

brother , i am having a hard time understanding exactly what u were asked by the individual online , please state clearly what was his/her questions to you and maybe we can address it better , thx

:wasalam:

I asked some more, I was not asked at first but was told that in Islam Mary was the sister to Moses.
Then I got the question to answrr how that could be.
I get bombarded with statements and questions by non muslims but most of the questions I can actually reply well to but not this one. I want to reply to this soon!
Wasalam. /Erik

Erik

The Quran says about Mary the Virgin :

O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot. (19:28)

This is tafseer (explanation) of ibn Katheer, my translation:
O sister of Aaron means: similar to Arnon in piety and worship.
Aaron also is Moses' brother, and Mary was
Aaron 's descendent.

يٰأُخْتَ هَـٰرُونَ أي: يا شبيهة هارون في العبادة

{ يٰأُخْتَ هَـٰرُونَ } أي: أخي موسى، وكانت من نسله

Plus, prophet Mohammad pbuh frequently called prophets as his "brothers" like "brother Jesus." Arabic, like any other language, is metaphoric.

Also see the words "brothers" below, it does not mean biological brothers. The same thing goes for "sister" in the first verse above:

And hold fast, all of you together, to the cable of Allah, and do not separate. And remember Allah's favour unto you: How ye were enemies and He made friendship between your hearts so that ye became as brothers by His grace; and (how) ye were upon the brink of an abyss of fire, and He did save you from it. Thus Allah maketh clear His revelations unto you, that haply ye may be guided, (3:103)

Salam

Thank you brother, that is what I before replied realy without knowing.
I thank you, Allah knows.
I will pass this reply if you dont mind to the person who questioned me.
Letme know that is it ok ?
Wasalam. /Erik

Erik

Ayman, I thank you, Allah thank you, I will forward the reply, hope you approve for such.
Wasalam. /Erik

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Thank you brother, that is what I before replied realy without knowing.
I thank you, Allah knows.
I will pass this reply if you dont mind to the person who questioned me.
Letme know that is it ok ?
Wasalam. /Erik

It's ok, sure brother.
Don't hesitate for any further help ;)

Salam

meer suhail

ILM seeker
answer to this question from Dr. zakir Naik ,,,

i found reply to this question by Dr. zakir naik ,,,i guess sheikh Ahmed Deedat
gave this reply first ,, but i use it when shot by this question ,,,,,,
(sorry for being late )

Question

It is mentioned in your Qur’an that Mary was the sister of Aaron (pbuh). Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not know the difference between Miriam the sister of Aaron (pbuh) and Mary the Mother of Jesus (pbuh), as the time span between both of them was about a thousand years.

1. IN THE SEMITIC LANGUAGES SISTER ALSO MEANS DESCENDANT

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Maryam, Chapter 19 verses 27-28

‘Then she brought him (child) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! You have certainly done a thing unprecedented. "O sister of Aaron! Your father was not a man of evil nor was your mother unchaste!"” [Surah Maryam 19:27-28]

Christian missionaries say that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not know the difference between Mary the mother of Jesus (pbuh) and Miriam the sister of Aaron (pbuh). The time span between both was more than a thousand years.

In the Arabic construction of the sentence, sister is also considered as a descendant. Thus, when the people said to Mary, Ya Ukhta Haroon i.e. ‘O sister of Aaron’ it actually means descendant of Aaron (pbuh).

2. SON ALSO MEANS DESCENDANT

It is mentioned in the Gospel of Mathew, Chapter 1 verse 1

"Jesus Christ, the son of David,..".
[Mathew 1:1]

It is also mentioned in the Gospel of Luke Chapter 3, verse 23
"And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph,..."
[Luke 3:23]

3. DID JESUS (PBUH) HAVE TWO FATHERS?

The explanation of the phrase that Jesus (pbuh) was the son of David (pbuh), is that Jesus (pbuh) was a descendant of David (pbuh). So, ‘Son’ here too means a descendant.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Sir, I send you a PM of the reply I got , Wasalam. /Erik

AssalaamuAlaikum WRWB,

I have sent this thread for your and others information:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15541

Do not give this chart to that Christians. Just use it for your reference so that you can better answer them. Knolwedge of Christians about Prophets is very vague. Giving them this chart will just make this chart their property, as they are very clever to twist every good thing to make it coming from Christianity.

I suggested to avoid any debates with Christians for at least 1 or 2 years of your learning about Islam.

Wassalaam

danyal.ahmed

Ahmed Danyal

Asalam-o-Alaikum

Brother this is Good Question but it Says ooo Maryam Sister of Haroon (A.S) i heard this in a programme i dnt remember the verse welll yess it does not means that Maryam is Sister of HAROON but Maryam is fROM Offspring of Haroon (A.S) .....no Doubt about this

Erik

i found reply to this question by Dr. zakir naik ,,,i guess sheikh Ahmed Deedat
gave this reply first ,, but i use it when shot by this question ,,,,,,
(sorry for being late )

Question

It is mentioned in your Qur’an that Mary was the sister of Aaron (pbuh). Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not know the difference between Miriam the sister of Aaron (pbuh) and Mary the Mother of Jesus (pbuh), as the time span between both of them was about a thousand years.

1. IN THE SEMITIC LANGUAGES SISTER ALSO MEANS DESCENDANT

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Maryam, Chapter 19 verses 27-28

‘Then she brought him (child) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! You have certainly done a thing unprecedented. "O sister of Aaron! Your father was not a man of evil nor was your mother unchaste!"” [Surah Maryam 19:27-28]

Christian missionaries say that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not know the difference between Mary the mother of Jesus (pbuh) and Miriam the sister of Aaron (pbuh). The time span between both was more than a thousand years.

In the Arabic construction of the sentence, sister is also considered as a descendant. Thus, when the people said to Mary, Ya Ukhta Haroon i.e. ‘O sister of Aaron’ it actually means descendant of Aaron (pbuh).

2. SON ALSO MEANS DESCENDANT

It is mentioned in the Gospel of Mathew, Chapter 1 verse 1

"Jesus Christ, the son of David,..".
[Mathew 1:1]

It is also mentioned in the Gospel of Luke Chapter 3, verse 23
"And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph,..."
[Luke 3:23]

3. DID JESUS (PBUH) HAVE TWO FATHERS?

The explanation of the phrase that Jesus (pbuh) was the son of David (pbuh), is that Jesus (pbuh) was a descendant of David (pbuh). So, ‘Son’ here too means a descendant.

Salam brother, thank you for the reply, I forwared it but if you ask me at the end, In Islam Jesus PBUH, was a mirical birth and so in the bible to. walasam /Erik

Erik

Subanallah nice ERIC BROTHER... now pls u all read my post and think now wot to do ?

I am stil learning everyday but was not Jesus a mirical birth in islam?
Please teach me when I speak wrong and faults in knowing. I pray you all do, if you do not want to reply open, send me a Pm always, I want to know and perform correct allways.
In my old school book of religion it speaks short, Abraham and so on and then that in Islam says Jesus is a profet but mirical birth. was I told wrong?

Please brothers and sisters, educate me more whenever I hear wrong.

Brother Danyal Ahmed, What post do you want us to read or I to read? Wasalam , /Erik