Ever had black-outs

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

A scary thing, which happened to me was a black out - temporary loss of consciousness, few years back. Although I never had one since then, that was the greatest shock for me.

I went to give the exam for Maths. I sat down. I was pretty relaxed. When I got the question paper, I had a total black out. I felt as if I dont know anything. Nothing made sense. It was the horrible time of my life. I thought I was going to fail. I began reciting Ayatul Kursi, number of surahs, made duas.

After almost an hour I was back to normal. I scored badly though. :(
It was way back in 2003.

Have you ever had black outs????

wa/salam

Asalaamalikum,

I usually get black outs when my sister beats me up :SMILY335:

Make sure you have a balanced nutrition, sleep, and exercise in your day.

Raed

Muslim Student
Al Slam ALikum Brother,

It happened for my mother once while she was reciting the Quran in Ramadan, she told me she got scared at the begining but then she didnt because she was with the quran and she felt nothing can harm here, expect she was so worry about me cause i was just a baby...

Wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Stress over nothing. You were so intent on doing well you probably did not sleep well or eat. Your body decided to alert you to its needs. When I gave exams I would make sure my students had twenty minutes to eat a snack, I would do a relaxation exercise and give them a break after one hour.
You must pay attention to your physcial self as well.
Please take care of yourself.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

A scary thing, which happened to me was a black out - temporary loss of consciousness, few years back. Although I never had one since then, that was the greatest shock for me.

I went to give the exam for Maths. I sat down. I was pretty relaxed. When I got the question paper, I had a total black out. I felt as if I dont know anything. Nothing made sense. It was the horrible time of my life. I thought I was going to fail. I began reciting Ayatul Kursi, number of surahs, made duas.

It was way back in 2003.

wa/salam

salam aleikum
I had the same problem when i was studying.The worst thing happened to me few times.
I got the question on exam and I knew that I perfectly memorized the answer for it and from the happiness, I forgot everything,totally no memory,but I passed ,coz I learned just to talk as much as I can on the exam ,just anything from my head,so the techers knew I studied,just to give them that expression at least...:)plus I know if u study in Russia,its not easy at all....
waaleikum salam

muslimad

Asalamu Alaykum!
once, on a really hot day i hadnt eaten much and was walking home from school turns out i was a little dehydrated lucky my brother was there when it happened and we were close to home!

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller

plus I know if u study in Russia,its not easy at all....
waaleikum salam

Well I had that in India sister.

once, on a really hot day i hadnt eaten much and was walking home from school turns out i was a little dehydrated lucky my brother was there when it happened and we were close to home!

Once I had walked in 40 degrees Celcius for about 15 kms. It was really hot and humid. Yet nothing happened Alhamdulillah. I was exhausted totally.

wa/salam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller

Salaam,
Stress over nothing. You were so intent on doing well you probably did not sleep well or eat. Your body decided to alert you to its needs. When I gave exams I would make sure my students had twenty minutes to eat a snack, I would do a relaxation exercise and give them a break after one hour.
You must pay attention to your physcial self as well.
Please take care of yourself.

Well Aapa, may be you are right. But I had handled delicate and stressful situations in an easy manner ALhamdulillah. Still I am pretty relaxed and don't get stressful or feel any kind of pressure, no matter what the situation. But there was something wrong.

Overall, I feel it was a test from Allah SUbhanahu wa Taala. Also I had 2 attacks of a very dangerous disease, few months before the exams. I missed my classes for more than 2 months. Probably had to do something with that.

Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar...

May Allah (swt) help us, give us hikmah,hidayah and shower HIS blessings and mercy upon us.
wa/salam

dianne

Salam brother hussain,
yea i ever on that situation,suddenly black out and then after a few min,u get blurr.got nothing to say,just silent.
i dunno what happend on that time.

Wassalam

Shannonx

:salam2:
I almost blacked out walking a mile that was mainly up hill with my friend in hot weather, it was probably 105 degrees out. It just so happened her house had to be on the tallest hill in the whole town.
actually I should say I almost died. It was horrible, never doing that again

dianne

It was way back in 2003.

wa/salam

Salam brother hussain,

I think at the time u craving of pizza & milk shake? j/k lol

wassalam

dianne

Salam brother hussain,
yea beriani would be nice, i always cook beriani for weekends.lol

wassalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Last ramadan while I was driving on a major road I was on top of a mountain and I blacked out. I come to be at the bottom. I was pretty shook up. I was lucky as there were no other cars. I drove with the windows down for the next 40 miles. I screamed a lot to stay alert. I used my praybeads and was very happy to arrive home in one piece.

Globalpeace

Banned
Bouts of Blackouts!

Asslamo Allaikum,

When I wasn’t practising, at the university walking around I used to have bouts of blackouts…

Someone used to come into my field of vision and my mind used to get blacked out…

• I didn’t used to know where I was
• I didn’t used to know how I got there
• I didn’t used to remember where I was going
• I didn’t used to remember what I was talking about, slurred speech and all that

And then somebody else used to pass by and I used to get a blackout upon blackout!

And then I learned about guarding my gaze and then got married and it doesn’t happen anymore…Alhum-do-lillah!

Maybe I have grown up after all...Is that possible?

khalillulah

:salam2:
it was when i was taking my communication (public speaking) course, in the final exam you are required to give a 20 minute speech infront of a large crowd in our campus hall, i didn't prepared really well and i was nervous, when i was called into the stage i blacked out, i even couldn't remember the little thing i have prepared to say on the way to school, i started throwing my own words, mumbling here and there and i couldn't even figure out what i was saying, after i finished my speech though it didn't lasted for 20 minutes, someone from audience stood up asked me what my main topic was because he couldn't get anything that is imperative from my speech, it was really embarrassing.
maasalam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Asslamo Allaikum,

When I wasn’t practising, at the university walking around I used to have bouts of blackouts…

Someone used to come into my field of vision and my mind used to get blacked out…

• I didn’t used to know where I was
• I didn’t used to know how I got there
• I didn’t used to remember where I was going
• I didn’t used to remember what I was talking about, slurred speech and all that

And then somebody else used to pass by and I used to get a blackout upon blackout!

And then I learned about guarding my gaze and then got married and it doesn’t happen anymore…Alhum-do-lillah!

Maybe I have grown up after all...Is that possible?

That must have been horrible I suppose. :eek:
I can't even imagine what it would be like to have blackouts upon blackouts.
Akhee, are you saying that marriage is a cure to blackouts..:p

wa/salam