lets talk

angel4

I have been raised since a child in the christian faith. The last few years I have grown to respect everything about the muslim faith and those who follow it. I find them to be peacefull contrary to what I was told.

I always had trouble reconciling what I was taught to what was in the scriptures.

I have because of neccesity come to this board to find out how not to violate those of this faith. Now I find I have more and more questions for you as for my own faith. Everytime I read something it upholds what my heart always told me but my ears were not hearing. now I have even more questions on the scriptures themselves.

I don't know why I have so many questions or what I will do if I find everything I was taught to believe is wrong as I have practiced it and thus if I was wrong have stood in grave error.

Globalpeace

Banned
I have been raised since a child in the christian faith. The last few years I have grown to respect everything about the muslim faith and those who follow it. I find them to be peacefull contrary to what I was told.

I always had trouble reconciling what I was taught to what was in the scriptures.

I have because of neccesity come to this board to find out how not to violate those of this faith. Now I find I have more and more questions for you as for my own faith. Everytime I read something it upholds what my heart always told me but my ears were not hearing. now I have even more questions on the scriptures themselves.

I don't know why I have so many questions or what I will do if I find everything I was taught to believe is wrong as I have practiced it and thus if I was wrong have stood in grave error.

Asslamo Allaikum (Peace & Blessings of God be on you),

Life is all about learning and readjusting your course in the light of new information.

No one is perfect.

There is nothing wrong with finding out that what someone has done or believed in the past was wrong

BUT

There is everything wrong with staying the wrong course and sticking to the wrong ONCE the right has become manifest and made clear, thats called arrogance.

Enjoy your learning of Islam.

We are all here to answer your queries, ask away!

happy 2 b muslim

hey how are u

salam alaykum (peace be on u)

i understand where your coming from as i was born into islam and didnt really study what i believed i just beleive what my mum and what my dad said however over coming that and studying it i have found it interesting and obvious to me and the surrounding. i had question which i believe islam has answer all if you have question about my faith please ask i'll be more that happy to answer...

salam peace

:SMILY259:

angel4

ok here goes.

I read in the bible that Jesus himself said only god is good and not to worship him.

I always took it to mean just what he said. Though through the faith i practice they say to worship him. What is the actual meaning on this. it has always confused me.

happy 2 b muslim

ok here goes.

I read in the bible that Jesus himself said only god is good and not to worship him.

hey again
I always took it to mean just what he said. Though through the faith i practice they say to worship him. What is the actual meaning on this. it has always confused me.

i really dont understand that however he also said that " the father is greater than i can myself can do nothing???? if he said this in the bible i wonder my self why he is worship if this is in the bible. In islam we believe he was a messager as he described him selve also that he was sent only to deliver a message we believe this and allah God sent warner to mankind to save them selves from the fire it make sense.

Hi Angel,

First off, welcome you to the forum :SMILY139: Inshallah (God willing) you will find TTI resourceful, friendly and not to mention some unique personalities. This family is diverse and very knowledgeable.

Finding truth requires investigating things yourself, asking Muslims about Islam rather than 3rd parties (non-Muslims) and of course lots of patience. Research Islam yourself, no one here can force anything upon you. There is no compulsion in Islam. Many have found truth and embraced Islam post 9/11.

If you are really interested in what the Quran offers, in my humble opinion you should read the Quran such as from the following website:

www.quranexplorer.com

P.S. Please don't hesitate to ask ANY questions/concerns/problems you might have
------------------------------

"If you were to trust in Allah genuinely He would provide you provision as He does for the birds which go hungry in the morning and come back full in the evening"

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
welcome to the forum. Like you, I was born a christian. I was a pentecostal. If you know anything about them, they are a very fundamentalist branch of the faith which reallllllly stresses memorization of the bible. So I knew many of the inconsistencies in those scriptures long before I became muslim.

Jesus Christ (PBUH), never claimed divinity. Proof for the pudding, why would he pray to his "father" if he himself were God? One of the most famous symbols of Christianity is Jesus (pbuh) on the cross, crying "Eloi! Eloi, lama sabcthane?" ( Oh my Lord, why have you forsaken me?) Once again, how could he forsake himself? You can pick apart the Injeel (gospels) all day long with this kind of thing.

This prophet never took the name son of God. According to the gospels, the only name or title he appears to have taken is the son of man, in aramaic, bar adaam. ps, this is why in that old movie, the crowd is confused between bar abaas and Jesus, because the choice would have been between bar abaas and bar adaam. (Hey, I'm a geek)

A really good place to start is to read the Qu'aran. I originally picked it up in an attempt to learn what I could about these "pagans" and their beliefs. It wasn't very long after I picked up that book that I took shahada and became muslim.

I have to talked to many converts about this. I know that born muslims get ALOT out of the Qu'aran. But so much of it is directed specifically at christians and jews. Yes, born muslims can read the words and understand the literal meaning. But they do not have the same religous baggage that people of the book do, so many passages fill in gaps in the previous scriptures. You will hit your forehead with the palm of your hand and go "Ohhhhhhh! I get it now!"

God willing, I hope you read the Qu'aran, and ask any question of any muslim, no matter how silly you might think it is. I will pray, inshallah, that Almighty God leads you onto the correct path.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Welcome to TTI. It is no accident that you are here. Everyone here will assist you. We are all learning here.

Jesus, the prophet of Allah conveyed the same message as did the preceeding prophets. His message was to worship Allah subhana talla. The message was corrupted. Allah subahana talla out of His Mercy sent the Prophet (swas ) to reticfy and perfect His Religion.

The most salient aspect of Islam is that it makes sense. As it unfolds for you there is no confusion. It sublimity is its simplicty.

You do not have to spend time trying to decipher Islam.

I will letmy pious and knowledgeable brothers and sisters to help you. Should you need anything, I am here.

your aapa.

angel4

This begs to questioned. I know that at times real meaning gets lost during translation... it is something I have seen to be self evident.

How come the passages about mary are not in my bible?? At least not all of them. I have often wished I could see the scriptures before they were dissected and translated.

This begs to questioned. I know that at times real meaning gets lost during translation... it is something I have seen to be self evident.

How come the passages about mary are not in my bible?? At least not all of them. I have often wished I could see the scriptures before they were dissected and translated.

Hi Angel,

The original language of the Quran is in Arabic. No word has been deleted, added or modified since its revelation of more than 1400 years!!

Yes some of the words do get lost when translated to another language, because there are substitutes for words (like those found in the thesaurus), however about 98-99% of the words are correct. Learn Arabic if you want to learn the original language of the Quran.

Please look at this thread:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3731&highlight=quran+turkey

--------------------------------
"The faith of a slave is not correct until his heart and his heart is not correct until his tongue is correct"

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Hi Angel,
Welcome to the site and feel free .Is good that you are open minded .I believe God is guiding to the right path/truth and you are among the lucky ones to be choosen by God for seeking the truth,As there are many in this world who are arrogant. I will encourage you to seek the truth .

Once we find the truth ,we should stick to our traditions. I will leave with this video clip .debate from two religious scholars.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay...44&start=20&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

See you.

angel4

I am watching this thread you gave me and as I listen I am getting more and more confused.

question??? Should I just ignore the books that have no authors?? or is this going to answered later in this debate?

angel4

I always had a problem with God hardening their hearts. Why would he do that?? And then condemn a man because of it?? That would take away free will to first harden their hearts and then condemn them. always struck me as contrary to what God is and his mercy.

I always had a problem with God hardening their hearts. Why would he do that?? And then condemn a man because of it?? That would take away free will to first harden their hearts and then condemn them. always struck me as contrary to what God is and his mercy.

Hi Angel:

People choose to harden their hearts by deviating themselves away from God's law. People follow their own desires and lusts (i.e. drinking, sex before marriage, smoking, etc) thus hardening there own hearts. It is there own free will. God sent many Prophets (peace be upon them all) to different people at different times in order to follow His law, yet man chose to ignore and follow their own greed, interests, desires, etc. The beauty of Islam is that each individual is accountable for their own actions, you can not go around blaming or pointing fingers at others for your own actions.

Thought you should read this thread about free will, inshallah (God willing) it will clear your questions:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11930&highlight=free+compatible

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Hello !

Hello Angel,
Peace be upon those who follow the guidence,
Sister what I have learnt so far about this thing is that God never condemn a person before he himself negates the truth. I will quote some verses of the Quran to make myself a bit more clear.
Whoever goes right, then he goes right only for the benefit of his ownself. And whoever goes astray, then he goes astray to his own loss. No one laden with burdens can bear another's burden. And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).
This verse makes it very clear.
Now the following verses make it a bit more clear that those whose hearts are heardened are the ones who understood the calling well and then denied it.
In order that you may warn a people whose forefathers were not warned, so they are heedless. (6) Indeed the Word (of punishment) has proved true against most of them, so they will not believe. (7) Verily! We have put on their necks iron collars reaching to the chins, so that their heads are raised up. (8) And We have put a barrier before them, and a barrier behind them, and We have covered them up, so that they cannot see. (9) It is the same to them whether you warn them or you warn them not, they will not believe. (10) You can only warn him who follows the Reminder (the Qur'ân), and fears the Most Gracious (Allâh) unseen. Bear you to such one the glad tidings of forgiveness, and a generous reward (i.e. Paradise). (11)
As far as I know you will find the heardening of hearts only for those who understood the message then denied it due to whatever reasons, be it their ego, status, fear or any other matter.

Another verse talks about the reason why their hearts are hardened.
And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allâh, lest they insult Allâh wrongfully without knowledge. Thus We have made fair¬seeming to each people its own doings; then to their Lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do.[] (108) And they swear their strongest oaths by Allâh, that if there came to them a sign, they would surely believe therein. Say: "Signs are but with Allâh and what will make you (Muslims) perceive that (even) if it (the sign) came, they will not believe?" (109) And We shall turn their hearts and their eyes away (from guidance), as they refused to believe therein for the first time, and We shall leave them in their trespass to wander blindly. (110) And even if We had sent down unto them angels, and the dead had spoken unto them, and We had gathered together all things before their very eyes, they would not have believed, unless Allâh willed, but most of them behave ignorantly. (111)
All these verses were revealed after a long period of time passed after Muhammad (SAW) started calling them to Islam. It happens in our daily lives as well sister, for e.g. if you keep your eyes closed for a long period of time you might lose your eye sight or if you do not use your hand for long enough it might not work at all. So Allah gave us all these senses to recognise him but if we do not put them to use and keep denying what our hearts have realised then ?

Now lets talk about few more verses which might be of help.
This particular verse talks about the Children of Israel that when they turned away from God then only God turned them away from himself.
And (remember) when Mûsa (Moses) said to his people: "O my people! Why do you annoy me while you know certainly that I am the Messenger of Allâh to you? So when they turned away (from the Path of Allâh), Allâh turned their hearts away (from the Right Path). And Allâh guides not the people who are Fâsiqûn (the rebellious, the disobedient to Allâh). (5)
There are few more verses which might help us understand it.
Curses were pronounced on those among the Children of Israel who rejected Faith by the tongue of David and of Jesus the son of Mary: because they disobeyed and persisted in Excesses. (78) Nor did they (usually) forbid one another the iniquities which they committed: evil indeed were the deeds which they did. (79)

And in the end I would like to quote these verses which helped me a lot.
Verily! Allah does not change the condition of a people until they (first) change that which is in their hearts
Truly! Allâh wrongs not mankind in aught; but mankind wrong themselves. (44)
That is so because Allâh will never change a grace which He has bestowed on a people until they change what is in their ownselves. And verily, Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Knower. (53)

So sister its only when people have understood well the message that a prophet of God brought and then they denied it knowingly well in their hearts that its the truth.
May god guide us all and make us amongst the ones close to him, amen.

Take care, :SMILY139: