“I Married Sixty Women”

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Al-Makee Ibn Ibraaheem (126-214H):

‘Abdus-Samad Ibn Al-Fadl said; I witnessed Al-Makkee say:

“I made hajj sixty times, and I married sixty women, and I lived in the precincts of the House (the Ka’bah) for ten years, and I wrote narrations from ten Taabi’ees and if I knew that the people would have a need of me I would not have written from anyone less than the Taabi’een.”​

A Quick Biography of Al-Makee Ibn Ibraaheem:

Al-Makee Ibn Ibraaheem was born on 126H.

He narrated hadeeth from Abo Haneefah, Imaam Maalik, amongst others.

Those who narrated from him include:

- Imaam Ahmad

- Imaam Bukhaaree

- Yayhaa Ibn Ma’een, and others.

Imaam Ahmad said about him, “Reliable.“

Adh-Dhababee said, “(Imaam) Al-Bukhaaree did not meet anyone greater than him in Khurasaan.“

He died in the year 214H in Balkh.

[Refer to "Siyaar A'laamin Nubulaa", of Adh-Dhahabee, Vol. 9, Pp. 549-553]

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.com/2010/12/02/i-married-sixty-women/

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaucum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Dear brother, can you please clarify us the intention of your thread Inshallah,and its meaning??? Did you post this thread to explain us that it is wrong to marry and than divorce, because to man marry so many wifes need to divorce them all, Astagfirullah,and Allah does not like those who are divorcing of thier wifes, without real and Islamic reasons.

May Allah guide us all.

:wasalam:

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Assalaamu 'alaykum,

i was reading a book, and this quote shocked me, so i posted it up...

furthermore, it is not that he divrced these women, he may have married elder women (widows etc) and they may have passed away...

Also it may have been that he married them in his jaahiliyyah b4 accepting islam...

So the post is NOT defaming women, nor did i intend that... Divorcing women left, right and centre only shows one lack of capability to choose the right spouse...

I hope this has cleared any doubts in shaa Allaah..

Sorry if this post offended any1, that was not my intention...

Wassalaamu 'alaykum

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
Assalaamu 'alaykum,

furthermore, it is not that he divrced these women, he may have married elder women (widows etc) and they may have passed away...

Also it may have been that he married them in his jaahiliyyah b4 accepting islam...

So the post is NOT defaming women, nor did i intend that... Divorcing women left, right and centre only shows one lack of capability to choose the right spouse...

Wassalaamu 'alaykum

i read your post yesterday, i didnt understand it much so when my husband came home from work, we had a full conversation about it and he taught me heaps, this topic lead to other topics and stories that my husband told me.

i was putting the clothes on the line this morning, lol, and this story came up and i was wondering how this guy subhan allah married so many ladies though my husband spoke to me about it.

still its in my head, its not something you hear everyday.

you know, everyone takes and understands different when reading stories, to me, i was reading it like a normal story and even discussed it with my husband. others might feel different.

i enjoyed it because i was shocked lool 60 women! world record!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalaamu 'alaykum,

Wassalaamu 'alaykum

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your reply.

I am going now on Jummah salah, so I do not have time to comment now. Inshallah, when I find time, I will.

May Allah guide us all.

EDIT:Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Dear brother, we need to be carefull what we are posting,and especily if we post something strange like this, than we need to explain at least. Because SubhanAllah, one can think that the only way man can marry so much wifes is trough divorcing them,and Allah subhan wa tela does not like divorce, only with the cases of neccessety, explained by Shariah Law.One can not lack in posibility of finding the right husband or wife as you said dear brother, without real and big reasons, SubhanAllah. Than the marriage described from Allah, it would not be as Allah is ordering.

As you have said brother that you do not know the reasons and how man married so many wifes, everyone may interprete on its own way and when one reading it may think was this post is posted in the sense of something positive that has been done, or it should be done, or in the sense
that something negative has been done.That is why we need to be carefull what we are posting for the sake of Allah. And Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide us all and do not leave us without His mercy and gudiance. Ameen summa ameen

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
i read your post yesterday, i didnt understand it much so when my husband came home from work, we had a full conversation about it and he taught me heaps, this topic lead to other topics and stories that my husband told me.

i was putting the clothes on the line this morning, lol, and this story came up and i was wondering how this guy subhan allah married so many ladies though my husband spoke to me about it.

still its in my head, its not something you hear everyday.

you know, everyone takes and understands different when reading stories, to me, i was reading it like a normal story and even discussed it with my husband. others might feel different.

i enjoyed it because i was shocked lool 60 women! world record!

There was a sahaabah who had 70.... thats the most i've read about... cant remmbr where i read that, tho ill post it here once i find it...