Refreshing 10 confessions of a boss

VietnamHR

10 confessions of a boss

The employees usually think their employers as a difficult, unapproachable, strictly, unsympathetic person, but read the following confessions, you might find that your boss is actually more easy-going than you thought.

Popular Post

iamtheboss.jpg

1. I do care whether you like me. As a matter of facts, the majority of your bosses want to know that their staffs like them or not. And, of course, they want you to like them as well as the company you are working for because it's their lifelong career.
2. I cannot know everything. I like the proactive person. When someone gives an opinion without being asked, that proactive attitude at work will create the large differences. In essence, I do not know everything, and if you, by any chance, incidentally help me to find out and fix the certain flaws in the work, I will be more impressed with you and will remember you for helping me.

how-many-bosses-are-out-there.jpg

3. I want to see my employees happy. You don’t have to whisper or pretend to work hard when I walk up. I know you can still work hard and simultaneously add some humor at work because I had had once just the same as you before I became serious about everything.

4. I want to pay a higher salary for you, but ....I cannot choose the market, business sector I want because of financial constraints or the potential risks. Imagine that tomorrow, our company will go out of business, you will lose the job and I will lose everything from money, investment, credit and even housing..., you will understand.

5. I want you to stick with the company forever. The progressive at work is understandable, but as a business owner I'm really not happy with the staff switching job. Perhaps the reason is you are not completely satisfied, but feel free to talk to me, I'm ready to listen. If you leave the company, I am not only very sad but also feel like a part of me has failed.

boss-want-you-to-stick-with-the-company-forever.jpg

6. There are no miracles in business. I know all the orders in which you have to pour a lot of efforts in exchange for nothing. This result makes you frustrated and falls behind. But I want to tell you do not worry. Sometimes, the important and big contracts will take more time to have the highest profit.

7. I want you to work comfortably. You hate to be noticed and fortunately so do I. But in the work environment still has its principles. I would leave you free to make the ideas and concentrate on your work. If you feel I'm aware you, do not hesitate to tell me "I’m afraid that you don’t think I can undertake this project well. I understand, so I'm proving that you can fully trust in me".

8. I notice when someone was not conscious. I'm not blind. But I will not punish that employee in front of you. Whether how bad they expressed, nobody wants to lose their privacy and self-esteem. Sometimes I would not punish all of them because there were many things going on than you’ve known and you will not recognize.

9. There are many things I cannot tell you. Although I would like you and even if we were friends.

manythings-boss-cant-tell-employees.jpg

10. Owning a business or management positions sometimes feels like all the burdens on my shoulders. I'm worried about sales, costs, facilities, staffs, suppliers, and customers, etc. So maybe I'm occasionally cranky, distracted. There is a certain time, stress and bad tempers knock me down. That is not your fault. Overall, I was afraid you lost faith in me.
More than anything, I worry I couldn’t complete the trust you put in me - a business owner.

Read more at http://vnmanpower.com/en/10-confessions-of-a-boss-bl136.html#mz6iYEgABqOhirdg.99

Abu Juwairiya

I will add some of the aspirations, advice, hopes, ideals and interests of managers I have worked for have hold for all employees-

1. The highest qualifications. This is to say managers or bosses prefer all existing employees and future ones desire and attain the highest qualifications so they can be an asset to the firm on paper what they are [theoretically at least] already in practice. This includes making themselves more markertable when the firm they are with is no longer employing them for one reason or another and that way the employee is able to continue progressing without hindrance due to age and technology.

2. The best and highest outlook in life. Optimism pays and well. If an employee is able to show and express him/herself as a progresseive aspirant, a person who sees positive trends everywhere will impress and idealise what employers desire in an employee. He/she will embody what others can be like, what avenues and opportunities can open and how the mindset can alter obstacles into challenges and fixed job descriptions into 'career possibilities'.

3. The highest 'self characterisation' and personal development goals and strategies from youth to retirement. By this managers mean employees should think like managers themselves. Each employee should see where they are going to be within a ten year frame and what they will do to achieve each aim. Each employee needs to believe they are a greater asset to the firm they work in, than the firm as an asset to themselves. They should see how they are personally distinct and 'special' they are from other employees and work on always being better without developing arrogance or an ego to fellow employees. Each person needs to see how their job objectives, skills, qualifications, experience, training and even your personality is suited to that of managers and in essence 'leaders', so that by forty at the least one can be a manager in theory if not in name or deed.

4. Responsibility. By this managers mean what additional tasks and self improvement strategies each employee is performing to enhance being 'noticed', given extra roles, selected for special training for higher designated posts and carefully reviewed every so often for potential future upliftment. As an educationalist, my role as a teacher would be viewed with higher interest if I am involved in committees, write research projects, attend academic conferences and volunteer for assisting in organising extra curricular activities for colleagues. In other fields and vocations the higher responsibilities that will warrant attention will be different and meet the required standards of each profession.

5. Creativeness and Initiative. As an educationalist, my managers spoke of possession of the best type of teacher's 'portfoio', the non presecriptiveness and dry characterisation of a role when observed by your superiors, even if the job description itself is fixed, bland and colourless. This also entailed image of yourself by your colleagues, those under you, the advice you give, the radiance you emit, the interest in your personal happiness through being your colleague.

Abu Juwairiya

Sister Queen Islam, perhaps you can add some of your own remarks on the above topic and make it as in depth and detailed as I have. What I wrote were my own words, recollections, thoughts and analysis through personal experience and advice given to me over several years and not a cut and paste job. Since you regard it as old, then I invite you to write your own and inform us of the new and better responsibilities, qualities and characteristics. As a concluding point, if you can also state your credentials in doing so; meaning have you been a manager yourself or been responsible for a team of others and initiated project developments and was able to show progressiveness in your ideas and vision.

Abu Juwairiya

In addition to the above, I can state which successful entrepreneurs subscribe to many of the traits described and where I have read their works. I would be interested in the names of those who reject the above and why they do so. If you could enlighten us as to who and where, I would be obliged.