10 Ways To Overcome Sadness

The_truth

1. Live for each new day:

Know that whatever you have gone through in your past is gone and will never come back: So everyday is a new and fresh day. Yesterday is a distance memory and today is what matters. Therefore live for today and live for each new and fresh day and do not think about yesterday as it is gone and do not think too much about tomorrow for it may never come.

2. Each second that goes by we will never get back again:

Know that each second is a true blessing and every second that ticks by can never again be regained so why should we waste our precious time being sad when our sadness will not change anything and will not benefit us in anyway but that which will benefit us in this world and the next is our good deeds.

So Think to yourself: "Why am i wasting my precious seconds being down when i will NEVER get back these seconds again. So there is NO time to for me to be down for my time is so little and it may end at any second".

3. Know that our life is pre-destined:

Whatever will happen will happen so there is no point being down when our sadness will not affect the outcome od our destiny.

So think to yourself: "Why am i wasting this precious time being upset when everything is pre-destined so whatever will happen will happen so there is NO point me being down about it".

4. Think of your death:

Surely death wakes us up into the true reality of our life that we are living to die. Each second that goes by is closer to our death. So why should we be sad when we know our purpose in this life and so we should do EVERYTHING to fulfill that purpose and that means not waste a second on that which will not benefit us in this life or the next.

Therefore there is NO point being sad and when we are sad then we should remind ourselves of death and that we will end up in the grave with nothing but our deeds so we should do everything to please Allah and prepare for our daths for sadness will just waste our time and hold us back from fulfilling the very purpose of our life and making the best of the life we have.

5. Think of the hereafter:

Think about the time when the sun will be SO close to the Earth. When When you will stand with every creation in the universe and be ready to face Allah with your deeds. This will encourage you to get up and snap out of your sadness and realise that you have to prepare for that day when you will face Allah just you and your deeds! So what point is there being sad? Will it help us when we face Allah on the day of judgement? NO but doing good deeds will!

6. Look at those who have less than you:

When you are sad then just look at those who have less than you. Look at what you have been given in comparison to them. You have food on a plate 3 times a day whereas they struggle to get a crumb of flour.

You drink out of purified tap water when they drink from dirty contaminated water full of disease. Others do not even have a drop to drink for several days.

You have shelter and heated homes whereas they live in a tent and refuge camp. They have nothing to keep them sheltered whereas you have four walls with a roof.

You have wealth that you can buy all the luxuries in the world whereas they can only dream of what you have.

So look at those with less and those who have nothing. Then know how lucky you are so should you really be sad? Instead thank Allah and spend in his path that he may give you more in this world and the hereafter.

7. Appreciate that you have been given imaan(faith)out of so many:

You could have been born in any era and in any faith or religion. You could have been of those who were misguided. You could have been of those who were not favoured by Allah but you have been given the most special gift of ALL imaan!

Therefore appreciate it and thank Allah for it night and day. Why would you be sad when you have been favoured out of countless others?

8. Make dua to Allah:

Whenever you are down then make dua to Allah. Turn to him in the latter part of the night when he will attend to you quicker. Turn to him when others are deep in their sleep. Turn to him in humility, meekness and humbleness. Turn to him knowing that he is listening. Turn to him knowing he is the closest to you. Turn to him knowing he cares and he truly loves you.

Cry to him and beg of him to forgive you. Ask of him to fulfill your needs but at the same time trust in him that he will do what is best for you. If he wants you to be patient then be patient for you will get SO MUCH BETTER IN RETURN!

Turn to him knowing he WILL answer your prayer, if not now, then tomorrow. If not tomorrow then in the hereafter and that is when we will be rewarded most for our dua's and we would wish that NO dua was accepted so that we recieved EVERY reward for our dua in the hereafter.

9. Make pleasing Allah the source of your pleasure in this life:

If we make pleasing Allah the source of our pleasure in this life then HOW can we ever be sad? When we live each day to have a highflying career we will never be fully satisfied no matter where our career is because we always want to have a better career.

When we live for money then we will never be satisfied because we always want more and will always try new ventures and ways in order to get more and more.

When we live for other people then they will always let us down in one way or another.

But if we live to please Allah and do good deeds that will make us feel closer to him then what better pleasure is there in life.

So when you are feeling sad then think: "Let me get up and do good in order to please Allah for that is my source of true happiness in this life"

So make EVERYDAY a day when you will want to please Allah more than yesterday. When you are sad then turn to Allah and make him the source of your true happiness. Make the pleasure of pleasing him the means of you NEVER becoming sad again.

10. RELY ON ALLAH:

Most of all rely on Allah. Know that he is there for you and closer to you than your jugular vein. Know that he knows you better than you know yourself. Know that he loves you more than any soul ever could. Know that he is there for you when others arent. Know that he will never let you down when others will. Know that whatever you go through in life.

So put your FULL trust, faith and reliance in him and know that is is ALWAYS there so trust in him.

May Allah enable us to do everything to please him and to put our full trust in him. Ameen

rightpath_357

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

JazakAllah Karyran for posting this. :) It's a REALLY good reminder for everyone especially more sensitive people

Salam :D

esperanza

revert of many years

Know that whatever you have gone through in your past is gone and will never come back: So everyday is a new and fresh day. Yesterday is a distance memory and today is what matters. Therefore live for today and live for each new and fresh day and do not think about yesterday as it is gone and do not think too much about tomorrow for it may never come.

Know that each second is a true blessing and every second that ticks by can never again be regained so why should we waste our precious time being sad when our sadness will not change anything and will not benefit us in anyway but that which will benefit us in this world and the next is our good deeds.

So Think to yourself: "Why am i wasting my precious seconds being down when i will NEVER get back these seconds again. So there is NO time to for me to be down for my time is so little and it may end at any second".

Whatever will happen will happen so there is no point being down when our sadness will not affect the outcome od our destiny.

So think to yourself: "Why am i wasting this precious time being upset when everything is pre-destined so whatever will happen will happen so there is NO point me being down about it".

4. Think of your death:

Surely death wakes us up into the true reality of our life that we are living to die. Each second that goes by is closer to our death. So why should we be sad when we know our purpose in this life and so we should do EVERYTHING to fulfill that purpose and that means not waste a second on that which will not benefit us in this life or the next.

Therefore there is NO point being sad and when we are sad then we should remind ourselves of death and that we will end up in the grave with nothing but our deeds so we should do everything to please Allah and prepare for our daths for sadness will just waste our time and hold us back from fulfilling the very purpose of our life and making the best of the life we have.

Think about the time when the sun will be SO close to the Earth. When When you will stand with every creation in the universe and be ready to face Allah with your deeds. This will encourage you to get up and snap out of your sadness and realise that you have to prepare for that day when you will face Allah just you and your deeds! So what point is there being sad? Will it help us when we face Allah on the day of judgement? NO but doing good deeds will!

When you are sad then just look at those who have less than you. Look at what you have been given in comparison to them. You have food on a plate 3 times a day whereas they struggle to get a crumb of flour.

You drink out of purified tap water when they drink from dirty contaminated water full of disease. Others do not even have a drop to drink for several days.

You have shelter and heated homes whereas they live in a tent and refuge camp. They have nothing to keep them sheltered whereas you have four walls with a roof.

You have wealth that you can buy all the luxuries in the world whereas they can only dream of what you have.

So look at those with less and those who have nothing. Then know how lucky you are so should you really be sad? Instead thank Allah and spend in his path that he may give you more in this world and the hereafter.

You could have been born in any era and in any faith or religion. You could have been of those who were misguided. You could have been of those who were not favoured by Allah but you have been given the most special gift of ALL imaan!

Therefore appreciate it and thank Allah for it night and day. Why would you be sad when you have been favoured out of countless others?

8. Make dua to Allah:

Whenever you are down then make dua to Allah. Turn to him in the latter part of the night when he will attend to you quicker. Turn to him when others are deep in their sleep. Turn to him in humility, meekness and humbleness. Turn to him knowing that he is listening. Turn to him knowing he is the closest to you. Turn to him knowing he cares and he truly loves you.

Cry to him and beg of him to forgive you. Ask of him to fulfill your needs but at the same time trust in him that he will do what is best for you. If he wants you to be patient then be patient for you will get SO MUCH BETTER IN RETURN!

Turn to him knowing he WILL answer your prayer, if not now, then tomorrow. If not tomorrow then in the hereafter and that is when we will be rewarded most for our dua's and we would wish that NO dua was accepted so that we recieved EVERY reward for our dua in the hereafter.

If we make pleasing Allah the source of our pleasure in this life then HOW can we ever be sad? When we live each day to have a highflying career we will never be fully satisfied no matter where our career is because we always want to have a better career.

When we live for money then we will never be satisfied because we always want more and will always try new ventures and ways in order to get more and more.

When we live for other people then they will always let us down in one way or another.

But if we live to please Allah and do good deeds that will make us feel closer to him then what better pleasure is there in life.

So when you are feeling sad then think: "Let me get up and do good in order to please Allah for that is my source of true happiness in this life"

So make EVERYDAY a day when you will want to please Allah more than yesterday. When you are sad then turn to Allah and make him the source of your true happiness. Make the pleasure of pleasing him the means of you NEVER becoming sad again.

10. RELY ON ALLAH:

Most of all rely on Allah. Know that he is there for you and closer to you than your jugular vein. Know that he knows you better than you know yourself. Know that he loves you more than any soul ever could. Know that he is there for you when others arent. Know that he will never let you down when others will. Know that whatever you go through in life.

So put your FULL trust, faith and reliance in him and know that is is ALWAYS there so trust in him.

May Allah enable us to do everything to please him and to put our full trust in him. Ameen

thank you so much for this post

The_truth

Firdaws Muhsina

4. Think of your death:

8. Make dua to Allah:

10. RELY ON ALLAH:

True but I believe your last reminder of Trust in Allah is the first way. A return to Allah , reading the Quran, trust in Allah, and belief in Qadr is a way to overcome sadness.

MalikBrother

Assalamu - Alaikum!

Jazak'Allah Khayr!

Thank a lot, brother. I am learning a lot from you already. This beautiful and very informed article should be reminder for anyone and everyone, for the rest of our lives.
May Allaah (SWT) rewards you with great blessings, and forgive your sins and our, Ameen!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

Jazakallah khair! I agree with sister Faaraa, "cute" is the right word for this thread (*Smile*)

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum: Br.

Thanks for a good reminder. But

What does this really imply?. Are we helpless to amend our lives?.

Regards.

The_truth

Assalamu Alaikum: Br.

Thanks for a good reminder. But

What does this really imply?. Are we helpless to amend our lives?.

Regards.

Asalaamu Alaikum, of course we are not helpless to ammend our lives. We must always do our very best in every given situation in the way that will please Allah and make dua for the best outcome in every situation. But it maybe that an event takes place in our lives that we see as a curse at the time but was actually a blessing all along. It may be some events happen to test us and some happen as a punishment or expiation of our sins.

We are beings of free will meaning we are given choices to make in every aspect of our lives. Those choices will affect our destiny to a certain extent but in the end ONLY Allah decides whatever event he wants to take place in our lives. We will be judged on our intentions and the choices we made.

So whatever is destined to happen will happen. Even if the whole world were to come together to stop an event from happening if Allah wants it to happen it will.

The final decision on every matter in the universe from even the falling of a leaf is Allah's alone.

And Allah knows best in all matters

The_truth

May Allah help us to overcome the sadness and depression we felt through out the year during this blessed month. Ameen