13 Most Powerful Muslim Women in UK

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK,
I came across an article in Yahoo news. I would like to hear from you all with this regard.

13 most powerful UK Muslim women revealed

Sat, Mar 21 06:45 PM
London, Mar.21 (ANI): More Muslim women than ever are in leading positions in British society.
There are more than 100,000 Muslim women currently working in Britain, yet many feel misunderstood and misrepresented. Britain's first Muslim Women Power List aims to change all that. Following are the 13 most powerful Muslim women in the United Kingdom.
1. Farmida Bi, 41, partner, International Securities Group, Norton Rose
2. Mishal Husain, 36, presenter, BBC One and BBC World News
3. Sabina Iqbal, 33, chair/founder Deaf Parenting UK
4. Imtaz Khaliq, 44, bespoke tailor
5. Baroness Warsi, 37, Shadow Minister for Community Cohesion and Social Action
6. Professor Farida Fortune, in her forties, dean of dentistry and professor of medicine in
7. Bushra Nasir, 56, first Muslim state-school head teacher
8. Dr G|lnur Aybet, 44, lecturer in international relations, political scientist and principal investigator of a British Academy project on Nato and EU state-building in Bosnia
9. Mehmuda Mian, 46, BBC trustee, qualified solicitor and commissioner of the Independent Police Complaints Commission
10. Salma Yaqoob, 37, leader of the Respect political party and elected member of Birmingham City Council
11. Rimla Akhtar, 26, chairwoman of the Muslim Women's Sport Foundation
12. Zahida Manzoor CBE, 50, legal services complaints commissioner and legal services ombudsman for England and Wales
13. Dr Reefat Drabu Various chairs/committee work within Muslim Council of Britain (ANI)

JAK

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK

ASAK,
I have not much knowledge abt these people (Hijabi or Non-hijabi or anything else). that is the reason i posted so that someone more knowledgable could post some important things abt these.

It took me surprise as well when i saw the news headline, it is osmthing different and very random. ALLAH knows the best.

JAK

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Looked each of the names up...

2 out of the 13 are hijabis

(they're number 10 & 11)

Interesting how they're towards the end ha?!

:wasalam: