Studying Islam in Saudi Arabia's Islamic Universities

Abu Hannah

Slave of Allah
Studying Islam in Saudi Arabia's Islamic Universities

Bakkah.net features exclusive pictures, applications, and inside information about studying Islam overseas in Saudi Universities. Saudi Arabia hosts a number of Islamic colleges and educational institutions that provide opportunities for non-Saudis to come and learn Islam abroad. Here is some introductory information about some Saudi Universities:

Islamic University of Madinah (al-Madeenah), Saudi Arabia

Located in the beloved city of our Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam), the Islamic University of Madinah (al-Madeenah) was founded by the government of Saudi Arabia by a royal decree in the year 1381. intending to spread the teachings of Islam all over the world. Studies at the College of Sharee'ah, the first of the Islamic University’s faculties to be opened, started that year... [ more on the Islamic University of Madinah, Saudi Arabia ]

Umm al-Qura (Umm al-Quraa) University in Makkah (Mecca), Saudi Arabia

Located in the most virtuous of cities, the University of Umm Al-Qura (Umm al-Quraa) in Makkah (Mecca) offers a chance for non-'Arabic speakers, male or female, to learn Arabic within a recently re-developed two-year intensive program. Upon completing the initial studies in the Arabic Language Institute with excellent grades (90% average or higher), the student earns the opportunity to apply to study in one of the colleges of Umm al-Qura... [ more on Umm al-Qura University in Makkah (Mecca), Saudi Arabia ]

Dar al-Hadith (Daar al-Hadeeth al-Khayriyyah) in Makkah (Mecca), Saudi Arabia

Daar Al-Hadeeth Al-Khayriyyah, established in 1352 in Makkah (Mecca), Saudi Arabia, not only gives students in-depth understanding of the Sunnah and its sciences, it also includes studies in all areas of the Sharee'ah. The school consists of four departments: Elementary school level, middle school level, high school level, and college level... [ more on Dar al-Hadith (Daar al-Hadeeth) in Makkah, Saudi Arabia ]

Imam Univerisity (Imaam Islamic University) in Riyadh (Riyaadh), Saudi Arabia

Al-Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University, or Al-Imam University for short, opened with two colleges, the College of Arabic Studies and the College of Islamic Law in 1953 in Riyadh (Riyaadh). Since then, many colleges have been added, as well as branches in other cities. Similar to the Islamic University of Madinah and Umm Al-Qura University, non-Arabic speakers have a chance to learn Arabic here from the beginning in an Arabic Language Institute designed specifically for them. They can then continue their studies in Arabic or seek admission to one of the colleges... [ more on Imam University (Imaam Islamic University) in Riyadh (Riyaadh), Saudi Arabia ]

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Do they offer scholarships? And are they open to all ages? What about schools for children? Forgive me, I am being lazy to ask you these questions.

Abu Hannah

Slave of Allah
scholarships

most of the programmes are free. infact they pay you a monthly salary. go to the link above and check out for further details.

:salam2:

lamidiganiyu

Admission

13,awolowo Avenue lfo,
lfo,
P.o.Box 53,lfo.
Ogun State.
Nigeria.
Lamidiganiyu*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!
24th July 2008.

Salam Aleikun'
With hunble and respect l hereby apply for Admission under your reputable institution.l will be grateful if your lnstitution can send the Admission letter to me through the above Address.

Thanks.

Lamidi Ganiyu .A

kayleigh

My best friend is planning on applying for the University of Madinah. I think it might be kind of fun to go to Umm al-Qura after I finish my degrees (many years from now), but I'm not too keen on staying in Saudia. Maybe I could suck it up for 2 years lol.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Judging from my parent's reaction when I decided to wear hijab over a year ago...

I would say...

They'd probably drop dead on the floor with shock...if I tell them that I want to go to KSA for some studies in Islam and the Arabic language..

which is truly S.A.D.!!! :( :( :(

May Allah Guide Them (that's all I have to say about THAT!)

I think I would be up for it when I graduate from college inshallah..I would especially do it for the Arabic language...because my Arabic has gotten butchered over the last few years...

but I imagine it would be a bit difficult for me as a young woman to go there all alone...don't you think???

Jazaka Allah Khair for the information though!

:wasalam:

seid beyan

AN ETHIOPIAN BROTHER....needs your help

Salaam,

Thanks. I checked it out. InshaAllah, I may get there.

ASELAMUALEYKUM

My name is seid beyan.I am Ethiopian In the mean time I have already finished my high school education .And now I am planning to STUDY ISLAM IN AL-MADEENA UNIVERSITY.BUT, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO APPLY FOR IT.SO COULD YOU TELL ME HOW TO APPLY,OR IS IT BY POST OR E-MAIL THAT I SHOULD FILL THE FORM?,AND HOW.PLEASE WRITE ME SOON.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
ASELAMUALEYKUM

My name is seid beyan.I am Ethiopian In the mean time I have already finished my high school education .And now I am planning to STUDY ISLAM IN AL-MADEENA UNIVERSITY.BUT, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO APPLY FOR IT.SO COULD YOU TELL ME HOW TO APPLY,OR IS IT BY POST OR E-MAIL THAT I SHOULD FILL THE FORM?,AND HOW.PLEASE WRITE ME SOON.

www.bakkah.net

seid beyan

AN ETHIOPIAN BROTHER NEEDS YOUR HELP.

13,awolowo Avenue

ASELAMUALEYKUM

My name is seid beyan.I am Ethiopian In the mean time I have already finished my high school education .And now I am planning to STUDY ISLAM IN AL-MADEENA UNIVERSITY.BUT, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO APPLY FOR IT.SO COULD YOU TELL ME HOW TO APPLY,OR IS IT BY POST OR E-MAIL THAT I SHOULD FILL THE FORM?,AND HOW.

lamidiganiyu

kindly visit there website.you will see there mail address don't rely on the E-mail Address bcos l send my own l don't see any respond from them.so try it through posta services.Box office or courrier.Abdul Ganiyu.am still praying to see good respond fro them.Ma salam

MRasheed

Umm al-Qura (Umm al-Quraa) University in Makkah (Mecca), Saudi Arabia

Located in the most virtuous of cities, the University of Umm Al-Qura (Umm al-Quraa) in Makkah (Mecca) offers a chance for non-'Arabic speakers, male or female, to learn Arabic within a recently re-developed two-year intensive program. Upon completing the initial studies in the Arabic Language Institute...

This would be wonderful!!

veiled25

Assalamu aleikum,

But If i am female and single , I can`t study there?
I saw they put a condition of beeing married or to have a brother in Saudi.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamu aleikum,

But If i am female and single , I can`t study there?
I saw they put a condition of beeing married or to have a brother in Saudi.
It is because in Islam a woman shouldn't travel without her mahram.Even if sisters think it is ok for them to study abroad without mahram,well it is not right in Islam.Even if you were to perform hajj without mahram,u are not allowed to enter mekah without ur mahram.You can study at islamic centers and not necessarily to study in saudi.